Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ July 2006 #3

Lisa Naomi is doing ok I think she is really disapointed in Rickis decission which is understandable as she feels ready now and the odds are against them a bit with Ricki having been on Medication that can cause a low sperm count for his Underactive Thyroid gland so I think she is a bit cross at him for not really thinking that part of it through very well but hey he is a guy after all LOL so hope fully she gets heslf all sorted out with cycles etc and Ricki changes his mind to the begining of next year.
    I am glad I doined now too you are all getting me ready for my journey and making me feel excited about it again and not so much afraid.

Shell Thats great about the gym, I am hopeless at sticking to that sort of thing hehehehehehe once it starts hurting I am outta here LOL, you are going to be looking and feeling fab in a few months so WTG,

I'm here Just in a low energy mood all the time.

The Dr's appointment on Wednesday was uneventful! She said if the spotting continues for another 2 cycles come back for further investigation. She was of the mind, because I am 29, that I am in no real rush to be pregnant. To which I told her that it is very stressful, so the shorter time getting pregnant the better!! She also said (after I asked her) that it may be harder to conceive with the spotting.

I had a 0.21oC dip in my temp today, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing I suppose tomorrows temp will tell me a little more. I am going to test (despite the bad BD timing and spotting) tomorrow I think, if my temp is substantially higher than todays... wish me luck

I hope you are all well

Tanya

Lisa - I am here!!! Just working. On night shift tonight so off to have a snooze so I can make it safely home - the shift isn't the problem, only the drive back. O coming in around a week ish so at the moment the BDing is just for fun and to remind us that we actually like doing it without a purpose too!! I am not much help with the tea though - my stuff (although I have been slack and not doing it for the past month) is chinese traditional medicine so I have no idea of the exact contents.

Amy - how are you doing?? Naomi is very lucky to have your support (and to smack her DP / your brother up the side of the head when needed). Not long to go now ... in my terms, your start of TTC is the end of this session on clomid (a total of six months) and for me that is waaaay too close so it can't be too far away for you either!!

Shell - I am so proud of you and your work at the gym. I need to get there - my motivation is just poor at the moment. But I WILL be there next week. Or else!!

Hi Tanya!! and a big hello to everyone else.

Well, I just had coffee with a friend and neighbour and her beautiful little 7 month old baby (where did the time go???) who is gorgeous and a pleasure to play with. Such a happy baby. We were pregnant together for a while. I just would REALLY love one of my own ..... sigh. Made a very cute little pair of booties for a friend who is over half way and we have yet to see her (DH and I work with him). I feel like he is avoiding us and excluding us to some extent. I have moments where I just want to tell him I am not a leper and I won't curse his child. I am only a *black widow* with my own (which I hope will shortly change). Just having a moment - it is hard enough they are due around Caitlyn's birth date, without them (mainly him) avoiding us. The reality is he probably isn't but we used to go out more often and are good friends. I just feel like they have moved away since getting pregnant.

Anyway - enough venting. I have to sleep or be VERY grumpy at 4am. Will catch up with you all over the weekend.

Hello Ladies,

Lisa - You are a mind-reader! I was just hopping in here to see who's up for testing so I know who's name to write on the back of the chair next! LOL. How are you going?

Michelle - So sorry to hear you've been black-listed to an extent from your friends who are pg atm. That really isn't fair. If only they realised it's 10 times harder for you to be around them! I wanted to say again, how much I love the star naming that you did for Caitlyn. Absolutely gorgeous! So the O time is looming? Maybe you could make a special dinner that night or something to take the pressure off? Even go to a hotel and have a wild ravishing bdfest on hotel sheets! LOL.

Tanya - Your Dr obviously doesn't have children or has never had to actually TTC. I think she could have put some more effort into her investigation. Were you happy with the appt? If you were, that's the main thing. Just from the sounds of it, she was a bit la-di-da about it? I'm just being selfish cos I want all of you KNOCKED UP!

Shell - How are the workouts going? How is Hayleigh liking the creche? I bet you're looking fab already!

Well, I have been as sick a dog. I haven't been vomiting (cos I have a phobia), but I have felt like I've been on a rollercoaster that it on a boat for the last couple of days. The constant m/s is helping my mind and my constant knicker-checking, but I'm still terrified. I'm scared of seeing a hb on Tuesday and then losing it between then & the 12 week scan. I'd prefer to lose it before I saw it IYKWIM? The fear is ruining the pg experience as well as the m/s! LOL. I'm sooooo needing some of you to join me to make it easier! Once again, I'm being selfish. Oops!

Best of luck to you all about to O and if anybody is in the TWW.

Love Jayne

Hi Tanya - sorry your feeling a bit down - I was like that for a few days, starting to feel better now though. Yes at 29 the dr's think oh your sooo young and have plenty of time, but the yearning for a child is not dependent on your age, its about how you feel inside, and I want a baby so badly, Im 28, so does that mean I should go away until Im 40 and then they will help me? Whether your 19, 29 or 39 the yearning for a child is the same, if its in you its in you and thats it. My dr said something similar to me after the ectopic, and it was like HELLO?? I want a baby now, not in 10 years time, I feel I am ready now - obvsioulsy my body isnt aligned with my brain - LOL!! So I totally understand where you are coming from. You just keep on bd'ing my dear, and you will get that bfp! How are your little princesses?

Michelle - aww shift work - joys of being in your proffession, but I do admire you lot heaps who else will look after us simpletons?? As for your friends, some people think that once you have had a loss that you never want to be around pg people again - but they dont realise that sort of approach is isolating and only highlights your loss further. Maybe you should initiate a dinner date with this couple? Sometimes being around babies and pg woman can be theraputic and give some hope. Chin up missy, you will be with a baby in your belly soon. I can feel it in my bones.

And LOL at being able to bd when you feel like it - Ive forgotten what that feels like! My DH is so funny - he gets all excited and procliams ' lets make babies' and he doesnt want to bd unless Im obulating! (ive taught him that its with a v not a b! ),

Amy - send my love to Naomi, I hope it all settles down soon and she can ttc before the end of the year!

Big hi's to everyone else,
    Lisa

Jayne - we posted at the same time! Im sure I will be the same when I get pg checking the knickers and crapping my dacks before the first ultrasound. I know the m/s is horrible, but as you say its reassuring as you know your pg hormones are alive and well and little bubba is doing a good job at making mummy sick! I will be praying for you on Tuesday.

Wish we could be over there in PAML with you, but we are all here if you need to talk about your fears etc.. Cant wait to hear how strong little bubba's hb is on Tuesday,

take care matey,
    lisa

Hi Ladies just wondering if I could join you here in this forum, I am going to embark on my 3rd IVF ICSI cycle starting in 2007, just needed a break for a while.
    I have 3 little angels, in 1993 I suffered an ectopic pregnancy at 6 weeks in the right fallopian tube which ruptured, I then suffered another right ectopic pregnancy in feb of 2003 in some stump that was left behind, a couple of months later in may 2003 I suffered a left ectopic pregnancy and had to have my left fallopian tube removed, so I guess I have been trying to concieve since 2003, we have had 2 stimulated IVF ICSI cycles and 3 FET'S which all resulted in bfn, I have been a member of belly belly for some time now but always seemed to be in the LTTC and AC forums, I hope to get to know you all more over the coming weeks.
    Good luck to you all and I hope your TTC journeys are over soon.
    Cass

Hi...

Welcome Cass I hope your stay here is short and sweet cause us girls in here sure are sweet )

Lisa and Jayne, yeah, the Dr was a little unsympathetic to my cause... but I didn't expect her to be. I just wanted a Dr's advise on my cycle. SO I am ok with it She did offer a pelvis U/S but I said I didn't think it necessary at this point in time

Michelle, Hi right back at yu Night shift... BLUGH!! Sorry to hear you feel you friend may be avioding you... I hope that isn't the case.

Well it's a BFN for me... I thought I could see 'something'(may have been my eyes...LOL), and now that it is dry it is easier to see, but it's a BFN. It was one of those super sensitive ones from lullaby too.

Temp is back up despite taking it @ 5:10 (usually around 6am), so that is a good thing. I was getting AF cramps last night (I don't get af cramps before af, but during) so not sure what to think about those.

I have a busy day here... nephews 11th bday in benalla today, so we are taking our bbq over there for lunch... fingers crossed for nice weather.

Tanya

Welcome Cass, I am not ttc until late Sept early Oct and this will be for my third child, good luck with your journey I hope its a short one for you.

Tanya boohoo at the BFN hopefully it changes over the next few days I hve my fingers crossed for you, * pokes tounge out * @ that dr I hate dr's that think you are there for nothing and are not sympathetic. Have fun at your bbq today hope the weather stays nice for it

Well girls I wrote a big post last night and then when I hit the post button I lost it waaaaaaaaa I think its cause I was trying to post at the exact same time as Lisa and Jayne LOL how often does that happen that 3 of us were trying to post at the exact same minute heheheheheheh was quite funny but I wish I had saved my post grrrr @ me cause I usually do but just didn't for some reason silly me.

We went to bed last night and DH fell asleep pretty quickly but i could not sleep so I laid there for about 1/2 hour and heard this weird noise outside so I nudged him and we both ran out and it was some drunk guy had drived right over this massive mediun strip we have on our street which drops of on our side about a meter and a half and landed on the car on its side on our side of the street LOL what an idiot he was yelling ' my ute my ute its totaled the guy went that wat he ran it of the road and left'
    when the police got there they asked him who's car it was he said mine and the police man said well who was driving and he said 'I dont know' hehehehehehehe so the officer asked him why he didn't know the driver of his own car and he said 'I was in the back I dont know who it was' what an idiot he had the police laughing and all of the spectators laughing cause he was so blomin drunk he expected them to buy his lame story I bet he is feeling sorry for himself today hehehehehehe lmao

oh Amy.....as dangerous as that was, i probably would have been laughing as well. I love going out and not drinking just so i can watch all the dumb things that drunk people get up to. Yes...occasionally i like to be those drunk people, but since TTC i haven't had many big nights out, so it's fun to watch....ps. glad noone was hurt...

Thanks Emma....and i will gathering up some of that babydust that you have just sprinkled around....hope it works!!!!

ps...not too much longer until you can meet Gaby....bet you are getting excited now hey...

Hi Everyone,

I am back from Perth, had a lovely lunch with Michelle from PAML and Layla (used to be in this forum and PAML).

Kirsty, I am really glad that you have managed to sort things somewhat with Stephen, i understand exactly that the words that they use dont actually mean what they want them to mean if you know what i mean about him using the word "deny" when he really wanted to do something for you because he loves you so much! Hang in there matey September really is coming look its almost August. I realise too that August is going to be an extremely hard month for you, rant away to me if you need me you know where i am.

Lisa, How are you feeling now, AF has left?? How are you feeling about you EDD coming up too? What have you and DH planned? I really really hope that this is your month too!

Tanya, i am really sorry that you got a BFN and a nasty doctors appointment. Did S/he elaborate on why its harder to conceive with spotting or am i missing something?

Michelle, I will reply to your email very soon. Bummer about your friend too, if they are actually avoiding you it might because they think that they will upset you rather than you going to put a hex on them IYKWIM. They are probably thinking about your feelings especially if they are around 25 weeks pregnant. Like i said i will email you later.

Jayne, Yay on you having MS i mean that in the nicest possible way but you have to take this as a very good sign that this bubba is in there growing strongly. I know that you feel terrified of going to your scan, i have been there and it is an afwul feeling but you are doing the best for your bub by having a look so that when you see that heartbeat pounding away strongly your confidence in this pregnancy will grow. Im sorry that any of us have to go through such scared feelings with a pregnancy after losing a baby..... hang in there you will be holding that bub before you know just try to take one day at a time and rant away we know how you are feeling (which is completely normal btw but it doesnt make you feel better).

Cass, Welcome i am so sorry to hear of the loss of your babies. I dont know much about FET etc but there is loads of support for you here.

As for me...now my mum and dad reckon they might go up north in June or July for 6 weeks rather than go to the UK...aaaaargh when exactly am i supposed to fit in a baby lol. So we have decided to start trying without trying if that makes sense...no contracteption (doing that already lol!!)...and not avoiding the O timing but without going overboard...This is all DH's idea. As we tried for both Katelyn and Lucy he wants this one to kind of just happen without out the whole "i am o'ing now jump on board and then laying with my bum on a pillow for the next half hour" lol at myself...so who knows what the next month will bring....hopefully i can read my body signals right and get in a bd at the exact right time without giving too much away to DH!!!! We will see.

Lots of love to you all and sorry if i have missed anyone. Hugs to All.

Love Sarah xx

kirsty Guest

Thanx heaps Sarah for the offer of a shoulder next month ~ I may just take you up on that one!! Here's wishing you loads of luck over the next few months that you guys make your baby without too much trying & really soon you are back in here announcing your BFP.

Hi ladies and thank you all for the warm welcome, it has taken me a long time to join this forum and I dont know why, its not that I was denying what I have been through, I just thought I would probably crumble. Well I am feeling so much better being able to talk to you lovely ladies who understand what I have been through.
    I hope you all had a great weekend and hope you all have a great week ahead.
    Cass

Hi Ladies,

Just thought I'd let you know I seen our baby today. I had to have an emergency scan at the hospital as I woke up this morning with a brown discharge when I wiped (sorry about TMI). The scan revealed a healthy baby & a sac that is perfectly in line to the baby's growth, so it's not as though bubs is slowly down growth as they are both simulataneous. After the scan, I had more brown stuff (didn't even get to my knickers, just on the loo paper), but it seems to have stopped now. They've also taken some bloods to check my hcg level but being a weekend that is going to take a few days.

I'm very nervous and sure that the two little pictures I was given today will be the only ones I'll ever see of our baby. I'm quite down in the dumps and a bit teary. I know that I seen a 'live' baby today, but the infrequent bleeding is how the m/c happened last time. At least last time when they scanned me, my uterus was empty through the scan, there was only 'product' when they did the d&c. So I guess it's reassuring that today there IS a baby & a thumping heart beat, but I'm still not convinced. I keep on checking that my bb's are still sore and breath a sigh of relief when I get the wave of nausea washing over me.

I'm so sorry for not doing personals. I will do more over the coming days. I'm still having the scan on Tuesday so they can measure the growth and check that the fetal heartbeat is still there.

Love to you all.

Jayne xox

Oh Jayne, sweety you por thing I am so glad that it turned out to be nothing bad I am praying for you sweety I hope you are feeling a little better today. Its a great and posative sign that your buba is spot on with growth and that he/she has a strong heartbeat luv and hugs to you matey.

Shan, I know I was laughing but only cause no one was hurt that would have been a different story but what was funny was that he had missed every rose bush and there are hundreds of them and only knocked off 3 bricks from the top row of the retaining wall how he did it I have no idea he must have flown over pml. and yeah I dont drink anymore at all Long story really here is a short version my dh was an alcoholic or is I am not sure of what to say but he has not had a drink for 2 years now and I chose to do it with him as support for when we go out so that he always has atleast me that is not drunk and will probably never drink again, But yeah it is sure fun to be one of them and I have lots of blury but funny memories and it sure is funny to watch the others cause I must have looked like such a doofus on a few occasions LOL.

Hey Emma its great to see your ticker going along nicely.

Sarah woohoo on the ttc but not ttc thats great I hope you get a bfp this month I have my fingers crossed for you

Just a quick post from me this morning

Cass - welcome

Jayne - pls dont stress, everything is going well on the inside and bubs is growing as he/she should be. Dont let a little discharge get you down, I think I remember Nola had a little scare (or was it one of the others in PAML?) but everything worked out ok. It could be some old blood (brown means old) and probably not related to the pg. Pls dont stress and we are all here for you sweets.

Me - af has just left - and like a big smack in the face, my very best friend told me she is pregnant last night (she did the test and then rang me). I am so happy for her I nearly jumped out of my socks, but I am a little sad for myself, and especially that she has found out she is pg in the week that my baby was due. So im feeling down too.......

DH and I will be going to church on Sat morning and lighting a candle for our little babe that didnt make it , and then we are going to go to a kids playground and release some balloons (dh's suggestion). Told him about my best friend and he is shattered, more for how he thinks I might take the news, especially this week.

Will do personals tonight ladies,
    Lots of love to you all,
    Lisa

Morning Ladies....

Jayne - big hugs for you darling...i'm sure that everything will be fine. As Lisa said..brown blood is old blood...your in my prayers but i know you won't need them as bubba is going to be just fine...

Amy - Good on you for sticking by your husband. I think that is very admirable of you. I had visions of that guy mid air flying over the rose buses...lol

Lisa - I know how hard it is when you find out that friends get pg but we have trouble. One of my best friends got pg a little while ago and her baby arrived 30mins off the EDD of my angel (although if gone to term, my angel would have turned one), but her daughter and i have a very special bond because of it.

Then earlier this year, my other best friend told me she was pregnant, and she is also due on the same day, so it's kinda nice to know that my two buddies have sort of had their babies for me, if you can understand that....

And now i think to myself, if i had of gone to term, then the 3 of us would have the most awsome combined birthday parties...lol

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast