Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #4

MelA - Have fun in Auckland!

plc - Glad to hear everything is well with you

smilanatu - Have fun, hope you catch that egg! Good luck.

Canary - All the best, hope everything goes well for you!

jen - Thanks for that hun, I'm just not feeling particularly positive about this month - I don't know maybe its just a defence so I'm not disappointed when it doesn't happen Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think so. Anyway I'm off to the clinic for a preg BT on Tuesday so will know for sure then. My FS says that AF shouldn't arrive until I stop the pessaries, so we'll see. If the test is neg on Tues I'll stop with them then.

jenushka - Yay for a positive OPK! I know how you feel, I have had really mixed results with them too - they seem to work for me some months but not others and some brands seem to work better for me than others too. Good luck.

Jodsan - No worries! I'm not sure that I'd want to use a supplement in your situation either, chances are pretty good that you prog levels are good I think. I'm pretty conservative I guess - don't like to use any sort of medication unless there is a good reason for it, in your case it would be a low prog level. Yep I have tried both naturopathy and acupuncture - actually I was having acupuncture up until recently. Unfortunately though neither of them seemed to help with my irregular cycles, and in the case of the acupuncture I have come away with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth All these claims were made - I can make your cycles regular again, lengthen luteal phase, we'll have you pg in a few months...none of which happened even after quite a few months of treatment. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big believer in natural treatments and was full of confidence that the acupuncture would be excellent to complement the conventional treatment, but it just didn't work out that way and unfortunately also did not come cheap - weekly sessions at $65 a pop. I'm just really disappointed in it and sort of feel like I have done everything I can and that there are not many alternatives left now - and DH and I are not getting any younger either.

pbstar - I know how it feels, have had exactly the same thing happen in previous cycles. I hope a break does you good if you decide that it what you want to do.

issy - Not feeling too bad today - thanks! I was just down a bit the other day after the FS visit and being told that Clomid was probably in my future again Cripes I hate taking it! It's not even so much the IUI that I'm worried about, the good thing about that it that at least it will take a bit of the pressure off in terms of timing BDing for us. We're a bit like you too - I fell pg twice last year, once without Clomid and once with it. Not to mention we fell pg with our DD with no trouble either. So we know we can do it, but the biggest part of our problem is that we both feel that time is running out - we are not getting any younger and need to get things moving along. But good luck with whatever you decide

AJC - Glad to hear your scan went well Hopefully all will go smoothly for you from now on!

Mollycat - Sorry about the CD21 test, but hopefully things are happening - good luck!

SaraJane - Yay for finding a house!!

AFM - Not much happening, 9DPO and counting down the days now until my BT on Tuesday. It's my DDs 4th birthday that day so hopefully that's a good sign, but somehow I doubt it....oh well. Still getting plenty of symptoms, all from the pessaries I'm sure Oh well at least its just about the weekend, so will have DH around to take my mind off it all. Have a nice weekend everyone!

Hi girls, sorry I haven't posted in a little while. I'm just feeling a bit 'blergh' with work atm. Not sure why.. oh well. And worrying that I'm not pg, and having no money left till next Friday, etc etc. Might be because I stopped taking St John's Wort when DH and I decided to TTC again..and I'm feeling the effects. My symptoms are all still there..2 or 3 days till I test again. Look after yourself girls

Lisa xx

Hey megsmum - bugger that the acupunture didn't fix your cycles. I think different things work for different people. I am taking all the supplements and herbs that my naturopath has given me, but to be honest, I still believe that exercise is the biggest cure of all. I have been running for 30 mins every second day and I can literally feel my lymph glands clearing all the bad stuff. From what I have read, irregular cycles is mostly due to hormonal imbalances. From the age of 30 onwards, our bodies dont produce as much progesterone as they did before (as our eggs age). Combine that with the fact that we are absorbing lots of environmental hormones (especially from meats) which mimic estrogen, most of us in this age group must have excess estrogen that the liver has trouble eliminating. I think that the only way to combat it is to clear as many toxins as we can from our bodies to assist in liver function. And I believe exercise is the best way to do this, along with heaps of fruit and vegis. Just my beliefs, but might be really worth thinking about for you since (like me) you hate taking anything artificial. I am feeling so good from all this liver detox stuff, I just want all you girls to feel as good as me. And interestingly, I had some EWCM last night and this morning (5 days out from O - always O on CD14) and my cervix was slightly open. So I am wondering whether all this cleansing has lengthened my fertile period. I usually only get EWCM for 1 day. Wait and see what happens over the next few days I guess.

Hi girls,

I know i have been REALLY slack in the personal posts but atm i just am too stressed. I do look at your posts and silently cheer you all on and i really thank those who take the time to read and reply to my posts

I just wanted to say to all of you, that you have been my strength in this crazy TTC thing we do. I dont know what i would do if i couldnt rely on the ladies here on BB to support me even if they have never met me or really want anything to do with me, well, not like that but YKWIM. I think i would go a little bit insane if i had to do it 'alone'. So i just wanted to take this time out and say thank you. It means alot to me. to all..

OK so now ive had my corny part over, OH and i were going to BD last night but we got distracted so when i felt (TMI warning!!) a whoosh kinda sensation from down there and found i was leaking EWCM i got really excited and basically pounced on OH!! So hopefully we have caught it this month!! We BD wednesday and last night and hopefully again in the next few days so im feeling really positive!! LOL I even said to OH "do you want to see what fertile mucous looks like??" he looked abit horrified

Well apart from BDing in a few days i cant do anything more than wait! Good luck ladies, fingers crossed we get LOTS of BFP this month!!

Hi Ladies,

Abbey - Im so glad to hear that you're feeling more positive today and by the way your 'thankyou' part was not corny in the least, we all feel the same way im sure. Oh, and Im hard that you caught little miss eggie

pbstar - do what you need to do hun, and remember that we are all here for you when you need us. But....dont give up hope yet, you never know, your time might be just around the corner. Like you always say hun...one step closer, right? Huge for you babe!

Jen - I dedicated that last post to all you lovely ladies only, as I havent had the chance to do so for a while, but here's a bit about how im doing....

Well, im 'something' days past ov....not really sure when I o'ed but I know I did, sometimes in the last week. BB's have started hurting already (normal for me by the way) and im feeling ok about this cycle. Im not feeling negative but not overly optimistic either. Just plodding along I think Im in a better place than I was last week, im feeling pretty relaxed and happy, and just going along for the ride.....mind you, the ride has been going for 3 years, it would be nice to get off....im gettin dizzy!

Sorry for no other personals today, i have a busy day of house cleaning ahead of me

Ok ladies, a big hello and to all of you,

Issy

megsmum-- your DD's b-day is your good luck charm! Good luck with your BT on Tue.

Acria--Sending tons of baby dust your way for your test on Sunday! that you get a BFP!

Abbey--:woot: EWCM! you caught that egg!!

issy--You sound like you're in a good place this cycle! Glad to hear you're feeling happy and relaxed. I've come to realize it doesn't do any good to stress over it, because it's not going to change the outcome anyways! I'm right there with you as far as the "something days past O" (lol..) Actually, I don't really know where I'm at right now, my cervix is still high, soft, and open--has been for 4 days now! My chart at FF now shows the last 4 days as being fertile days for me, and doesn't show if I've O since I don't temp! So I'm a bit lost and confused at the moment--especially since my ticker shows that today is test day for me! There's nothing I can do but wait it out--I've been such a good girl, I haven't even bought a HPT yet!

Issy - Thanks. Im ing too. I think i need all the prayers i can get.. Hoping that you have a better cycle this month

Jen - hmmm thats abit confusing to me too, hope everything works out and thanks for the

AFM, now im abit more stressed out cause i hurt my back at work but they think i didnt and now im off work. So stressing about $$ and feel bad cause all the pressure is on OH to bring in the $$. I know thats what would happen when/if we have a baby but still doesnt help me with my guilt. Plus work is being ***** so i feel like crap, this maybe catching that egg is the only thing i am feeling positive about right now Sorry bout the whingy post too....

Anyone reading/have read the "conception chronicals"? I find it really interesting..
    Last edited by Abbey B; May 30th, 2008 at 11:59 PM. Reason: cause im lame and cant remember to add things i want to say

Red face

Hey I just wanted to stop in and say hello and tell everybody that I'm feeling a lot better now... I been working all day and then spending time with my hubby so I have not been online... I'm praying for everybody and sending lots of baby dust and sticky vibe to everyone... I will try the bd but I don't think anything is going to happen for me this soon...

Just got home from work, went to the bathroom, and saw bright red blood when I wiped! Just checked my cervix again this morning, and it's still high, soft, and open! I repeat, The main reason I'm confused is because, ok, if I O'ed on the 17th like I was supposed to, then of course this would be AF a day early (damn witch!) But for the last 3 days I've had watery CM and my chart says I'm fertile! I did feel really bloated and crampy about an hour and a half ago, but I was not expecting this! I guess that explains the irritability and weepiness for the last 3 days... Looks like I'll be drinking some strawberry daquiri's tonight! Sorry to vent and run, but DS having a banana split party, and I have to go help, so I'll be back later.

Good Morning to everyone.

Hi Jen - is going on with us. We're both still in limbo. I know I didn't O when I should have, still don't think I have, yesterday I had light spotting for a couple of hours, then nothing. I'm really at a loss. If AF is on her way for you then yes that would explain the irritability and at least you can move forward to next month, just gets very annoying. Hopefully something like that is happening here as I have been so cranky at everyone for the last couple of days.

Toccara50 - hope everything works out for you this month, sounds as if you are happy at the moment
    Abbey - hope your back is feeling better soon, don't stress too much, it all works out in the end, maybe this break is what you need.
    Issy - hope you got that house cleaned so you can spend the weekend with your family.

For everyone I'll just spread some around, i'm off to clean up my kitchen before DH and friend start working on the new one.
    i'm going to get my hair done today so hopefully that will make me feel better (cut and new colour). We are going to paint the new room this weekend and hopefully I can set it up, the plumber and electrician are coming back next week to finsih off and the tiler will also be back in next week, he was one tile short on the shower, then DH's friend decided we should tile another wall in the room while he was going so another couple of boxes were ordered so I guess there goes another day of work for him.

morning jen

i second that, !!! how confusing for you hun. have no idea why you would get af whilst still having fertile signs, so sorry i am not much help. have a feeling i am in the same boat though, still not sure if i have ov or not because my temps are still low. i guess all we can do is hang on and go for the ride, there really is so much that is out of our control in this whole TTC thing.

thinking of you, let us know how things progress.

Angelbabies - bday buddy - thanks for lurking. 2 things yesterday made me feel a lot more confident about things - your post that whipped me into line and some very encouraging hcg results. i really appreciate you coming out of ur bb break to specifically write a post for me - very much appreciated. feel free to do this whenever you like - it helps. between you and the other girls in here, i don't think i will ever leave the thread and with many who have received bfps in this thread now over at PAML, it does make me slowly feel i have acquired 2 homes from the one - like an american sitcom with it's spinoff show . Thanks again - ur always in my thoughts and i always wish you the best.

Thanks Jen & everyone else for your constant support

I want to send heaps of babydust and sticky vibes as always to you all. For those who are having a time of uncertainty and i hope that some answers come to you very soon. For those having difficulty maintaining their TTC journey, I wish you all the strength in the world to carry on. I hope those in the TWW see their time go quickly. For everyone else - big hugs!!! sometimes it's nice just to get one.

Jen - sorry your cycle is being so weird. I can't imagine why you'd get Af while still having fertile signs. Are you sure it's AF?

PLC - I'm so glad you're feeling positive, it must be such a relief

Mollycat - thinking of you with lots of lovely positive vibes.

pbstar - fingers crossed. I know what you mean about it really being out of our control, and it's so infuriating. Oh well..fingers crossed!

Toccara - I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Time busy and with partners is often good. Take good care of yourself.

Abbey - no good about your back! If work want to be ****y about it just tell them to clear off You look after yourself.

Issy - Sounds like you have a nice level head about everything right now, which is fantastic Hope you had a productive day cleaning!

AFM - Well my symptoms are all still here. Sore BBs, thirsty, nauseous at times, altered appetite, tired, and I'm sure I got (for the first time ever), a metallic taste in my mouth last night. However! And this is a big however to me, I got some bleeding last night! I was so upset. It's pale pink and watery..so maybe..spotting more than bleeding. But there's still some of it there this morning and if it's AF she's early! DH is convinced I had a small bleed when AF was due last time I fell pg, but after two m/cs and a chemical pregnancy..I can only think negatively when I see any kind of blood down there at all. So I've stuck a pad on..just in case..and will have to go off to work feeling worried. I'm really down about work at the moment, and have no money till next Friday to buy myself anything lovely to cheer up. Oh dear...must try to just plug on..

Lisa xx

wanted to call in to wish you all a lovely weekend and shower you all with bucket loads of

Hi ladies,

Megsmum - good luck with your bt on tues and a big to your dd

Acria - still hard for your bfp hun...I have to tell you I have, I have a good feeling about you!

Jen - hi, yes im in a much better place this month, im actually feeling really good. I know in reality that this is probably not my month, not sure why I feel this way, its probably because im so used to being disappointed at the end of the month that I cant see why this month would be any different. But in saying that Im just not worried about it this month and im happy with whatever happens.

Sorry, I go through and read each post and then reply by writing on micrword, so this is in response to your second post...

About AF showing, the only thing I can think of is that you probably did O 2 weeks ago, but just didn't have any O signs, I don't always get them either, that's why I temp, because other things are too unreliable. Towards AF I also get loads of watery cm, not sure why, it just what happens. FF can only predict O from the info its given, so if the only data you give it is cm, it will calculate o by this only, and in my opinion, cm can be inconsistent month to month and watery cm can present itself more than once in a cycle. Sorry if this doesn't help, but I would recommend you start temping, this may be a much better indicator of o for you than cm, especially if your like me and get watery cm before af. Sorry that af arrived too, wishing you loads of for next month.

Abbey - oh hun, I hope your back is feeling better, how horrible. Look after yourself ok! And I pray that a nice bfp will cheer you up soon

Toccara - im not sure if we have met before so hi! You never know what will happen so good idea to bd anyway?.if your ready ofcourse!

Mollycat - praying the spotting is a good sign for you. Have fun (&relax) getting your hair done today, im very jealous

Pbstar - im sorry that youre feeling a bit out of whack lately. Sometimes we're thrown curve balls and it truly makes us feel out of control. But hang in there hun, the month is not over yet and you just never know, maybe youll get a nice surprise, when you were least expecting it.

Plc - good to hear from you, im so glad to hear that you are feeling better about everything and that its all looking great. Whichever the thread, you are so very welcome. You are a wonderful women, always willing to share advice and give encouragement when others are in need, even when youre going through more difficult times yourself. Any thread that has you a part of it is a lucky one!

Acria - wow, those signs sound fantastic...Just to let you know I had some spotting (or rather a spot) which was pale pink and watery with DD, and I went on to have a very happy and healthy pg. So this could be a great sign! But I do understand your caution. After 2 m/c myself, any bleeding can be worrying. Try to relax though, as I said this could be really positive.

AJC - Thanks for the shower hun, hope you are doing well....always thinking of you!

AFM - Im doing fine, same old same old.

Big hello to everyone

Issy

i am having a really weird cycle to, hoping there are lots of BFP in june.

mollycat- hope you O soon and catch that egg! Hang on, just read further, where are you at in your cycle? hm...I'm confused, i hope that was a bit of implantation bleeding!
    vanaithi- how r u? Hope you're getting plenty of BD in!
    AJC- YAY!!!! How exciting, I'm so glad to hear everything is going well and you got to see the baby!
    issy- thanks, good thought, I will concentrate on that with the moving, that I get to clean everything out! Good to hear you're feeling good!
    pbstar- hey, maybe you have ovulated and your temps just aren't as high as usual, that's what's happening to me this time, did you read what krystielove said back a bit about different ovaries??
    Jodsan- Thankyou! How are you going?
    jenushka- yay for the pos opk!
    jen- thanks! that's true, I won't have time to think about the TWW with moving! Yay! Oh no, sorry about AF. I think the cervix is right, it opens up when AF comes, and also I think a bit of watery or ewcm just before AF is normal coz it's the corpus luteum or something coming out.
    smilinatu- Good luck catching the egg!!
    Mel- Glad your trip went ok
    megsmum- not long till testing now, I really hope this is it for you.
    Acria- Hello! Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit down Oh no, I hope that's just some left over implantation bleeding!
    Abbey- Yay for the ewcm!! you caught the egg!
    plc- Yay for the BT results!!

Ok, think I'm caught up. I had an acupuncture appt this morning and he said that he thinks I have definately O'd even if my temps aren't as high as usual, and my temp went up more this morning so yay! He gave me some herbs that are meant to help with the temp going higher, i think maybe they help ur body produce more progesterone maybe, and they also help with possible implantation, yay. But now he's away for 3 weeks, ahhh...I hoped he's be here for the start of my next cycle so we can get it all on track and hopefully O earlier!
    Well I hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

Acria -It sounds exactly like an implantation bleed to me (that's what I had when I was pg with DS). It's more like pink CM? How many DPO are you?

Jen - I'm with SaraJane, my cervix opens 3-4 days b4 AF and I get watery CM (it's much more watery than EW) for a couple of days. Really sorry about AF.

Hi everyone else!!
    Last edited by Jodsan; May 31st, 2008 at 02:13 PM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast