Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ May 08 #4

oh Issy,

that horoscope is fabulous! Im praying for it to be a sign of good things to come for you..

WTH - How did your ultrasound go sweetness?

Megsmum - Good luck tomorrow when you start the clomid. I'm keeping my cyber fingers crossed for you that you don't get any nasty side effects!

Issy - oh my gosh your villa sounds so beautiful! Those old houses have so much character in them. The cottage I stayed in last weekend used to be half a house that they moved to the country and did up into a cottage. The owners told us that "you can't build character, but you can move it from one place to another" LOL!!!
    And your horoscope sounds great. Soooo, what is your heart telling you?

plc - Yay for the pink bundles!! Hehe. Do you have a preference for a boy or girl? If you want a girl then I hope it's accurate, but if you want a boy then I hope it's all phoney-baloney

Smilanatu - My DH and I looooove BBQ's! Just hanging out with friends and family around a BBQ is so relaxing and fun And I don't even like sausages! LOL! I do like a good steak though

Acria - I liked some of the VIP features in FF so once the free month was up I signed up for a different account so I could get another free month. I liked chart overlays though (so I could compare cycles easier) so I ended up buying a subscription cheap when my second free month was almost up. Then for some reason it gave me an additional 60days on top of how long I paid for (not that I complained!!). Can you print out your charts before your VIP time runs out rather than memorising it all?
    Oh, and I hope you are feeling ok this evening. I hope AF is kind to you and goes away quickly.

Jen - I'm like you too. Not a patient bone in my body when it comes to TTC! Who in their right mind does a hpt at 8dpo? Lol. I tell my DH I'm just practising when I test super early, haha, as if you need practise learning how to pee on a stick!
    Apparently trying for a boy on the ionic diet is harder than for a girl because you are meant to avoid magnesium and calcium if you want a boy, but you kind of need them both. The study shows that it's all about the ratio of magnesium/calcium to potassium/sodium, so as long as you increase on side of the equation I guess it's ok to maintain the same level of the other side. Did that make sense?

Mollycat - I'm so glad that your temps are behaving and I hope that they stay high and you get your BFP in about a week!!

Vanaithi - If I send you lots of cootie vibes do you think that it will help you conceive a boy? Everyone know that cooties comes from boys

I'm very unhappy for SaraJane! I want her internet to come back!

I had a bit of an emotional day at work today. We did chest xrays on a dog today that has been a long time patient and it turns out he is dying He had a tumour on his jaw that required a piece of his jaw to be removed 6 months ago. And now it turns out he has hundreds of small tumours in his chest. They weren't there 6 months ago when xrays were taken before his surgery. His owner was devastated and I couldn't help but get quite emotional myself. He's such a lovely dog

Vanaithi--Wow, 8 people in 1 house? Must be pretty crowded! I think you're right, you definitely need a portable dvd player! How do you guys keep it quiet during those fests?!?! Not really a question, more like a question I'm asking myself--you don't have to answer that! Did your preseed come yet? Hope it works for you! Mine hasn't come yet, but hopefully today or tomorrow,

mollycat--Oh, for some reason I was thinking that it was all part of the renovations, so I thought you were about done with it all! Still sounds like a lot of work--hopefully it will get done before the kids move out! those temps still are still behaving!

WTH--Ok, I had to go back to remember how I inserted my chart into my posts--it's only been there for 2 days, so you would think I could remember! lol... Ok, on the FF homepage click on "tech faq" over on the left. Then go down to the "Circles and Community" and click on "chart inset". It gives you the instructions on how to do it. I thought it would be kinda tricky since I'm not very computer savvy, but I did it on the first try. Good luck, hope that helps! Hey, you never told us how your appt. went. you got some good news!

Renstar--Thanks for giving us the message from SaraJane! Congrats on your BFP!

KrystieLove--Hey, I've tested at 8dpo, too!! lol... that just means we're dedicated! Aww, so sorry to hear about the dog and his tumors that would be a tough job. I used to work in a doctor's office, and I had a very hard time dealing with the death's of some of our patients--it's hard not to become attached and form a bond with people, especially if you see them frequently! I could never work in a children's hospital or a senior facility--there's just no way I could deal with that.

Going to be a busy day for me today. It's green and white day at DS's school--we set up lots of different activities for the kids to do outside, and they go from activity to activity. Was only supposed to do it until about 10, but they needed me to stay until noon for the second half with the older kids. But that cuts into my noon aide time which is supposed to start at 11:30. THEN DS's class is having a hot dog picnic at 11:30 that I was supposed to help with. So now I'm triple-booked! Then I have to clean house because my oldest DSD is flying in from Vegas tonight for her half of summer with us! Aaarrrggghhhhhh!!! I feel overwhelmed! Hope you all have a great day, and I'll check in later.

Issy...I appreciate your thought! That's a GREAT horoscope...what sign are you?

Trac...WONDERFUL!!! Take care of you & baby...glad you checked in on us...hope you sprinkled some of your BFP all over us!!!

Renstar...thank you for giving us a SaraJane update...tell her we are wavin' and hopin' she returns with a BFP!!!

KrystieLove...I ALWAYS test waaaay to early also...patience I do not have! LOL
    *poor doggie and owner*

To the rest of you wonderful ladies...

Hello lovely ladies,

For all those who asked what star sign I am, I am an Aquarius! Hope there are more aquarius' in here, you might get a nice surprise!

In regards to the horoscope - I dont know what my heart is telling me I was thinking about it last night and I kept thinking, no matter what happens, I just cant give up. So maybe thats what Im supposed to be hearing....dont give up!

I dont know if im trying to (wrongly) convince myself that i may be pg, but I do feel the same way as I do whenever that is the case. Except that every symptom can be explained by something else....so who knows, I guess my horoscope is right....no definite answers! Grrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Sorry for no personals today, I have a serious procrastinating problem and I seriously need to get back to work.

to all of you

Issy

Thanks to all for your support.

Had the Day 9 US yesterday after 2 days of unexplained cramping and light bleeding, same time 2 months in a row. No retained products (phew ), but nothing else found either:

Lining: 7mm (sounds ok), and
    "several small folicles are seen in the left ovary, the largest measuring up to 1.5cm in size".

OK - so I've got one growing there. But why are there no follies in my RH ovary? Has it already packed it in? And is several (7?) a normal count on Day 9 for the other ovary? I know it only takes one egg, released from one side, but shouldn't there be follies growing on both sides? Can anyone help me please? Everything I have found on Google is mostly about women doing IVF. It is a long wait until my appointment with my FS in 3 weeks.

So what this means is a lap and hyst next month for perhaps endo or adhesions. I wish I had got it over with and gone in today, but did not want to do invasive surgery without an US first.

Jen - thanks alot for the help with the link. Has it worked? I noticed it says chart not updated (it is today). Will fix it later.

Anyway, not bleeding (yet) today so we are hoping to start BD tonight and make the most of our PreSeed that has been waiting patiently in the ensuite for the past 2 months!

To all of you

i am the same star sign and it said the same. AF arrived today was only day 21 , not that worried as i had been in hospital. hoping for my body to behave better next month.

I'll come back on my lunch break for persies, but wanted to quickly post to WTH becaseu you sound stressed..

WTH - My acupuncturist and my obstetrician both told me that both ovaries start doing their pre-ovulation work, but then one becomes dominant over the other and that's why only one ovary ovulates and releases an egg. I tend to ovulate from one side, and then the next cycle I ovulate from the other side, but each lady is different. I'm guessing that your left ovary is your dominant ovary this cycle. My right ovary is definitely dominant this cycle because it's still hurting and I'm 11DPO!!

Anyway, I hope that helps you a little and makes your feel a little more at ease. But if you want to know for sure can you call you ob or gp?

KrystieLove - so thoughtful of you. My understanding is follies grow in both ovaries each month, but that estrogen will favour one side, which is where the dominant follicle (and resulting egg) will come from. I only sound convincing here because I have just read this on the internet this morning. Had absolutely no idea before... Thanks for thinking of me x

WTH - No worries chicky I'm not sure about the specifics myself. That's about as much as I was told, lol. I had no idea at what stage one ovary becomes dominant. I hope maybe you dr can give you an answer!

Still no time for persies, grrrr. Just got home for lunch and I've been called back to help give chemo to a Boxer!

WTH-- Yay, you got it all figured out! Looks updated to me! My thermometer came in the mail today so tomorrow morning will show my first temp! Enjoy your patiently waiting preseed and your fest!

bettyboop--Sorry to hear about AF showing up early! your body behaves better next month, as well!

Hello ladies!

Just trying out my new ticker! cool...

Jen: yeah im the eldest of 4 girls, plus my parents & dh's mum & dh is 8 all up! we've got a big house so its cool. answer to your question: we do it very very quietly! as for preseed, it was shipped out yesterday arvo, so hoping it'll arrive today. although i think it may be too late this time..

Krystielove: if cooties are going to get me a boy then bring on the cooties!

Can anyone who knows about bbt charting have a look at my chart below (hope it works) & tell me if i've ovulated or not? ff has not detected ovulation. just guessed it to be tuesday past. hmmm... any help would be great! thank anyone sooooo much in advance!

20e8fd Ovulation Charts

:goodluck2:

Hi Vanaithi - I think FF waits until you have had 3 days of consecutively higher temps before it puts on the coverline. Suggest you continue to have a love-in until it shows you have o'ed. Read some research today that BD on the exact day of O gives a 33% chance of conceiving!

Jen - yes, looking forward to tonight!!

AFM - am calming down a little. No bleeding today and figure at least I have one good ovary and a nice lining and a nice growing eggy!

thanks WTH! will try to get dh to do it again tonight! not liking my chances... we didnt on the o day on tuesday... but the day before & after... does that mean the chances are even smaller than 33%... im not feeling confident about this month... ive got some cramping that seems to be like last month when i got af...

oh well...

GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

Ladies: :goodluck2:

Vanaithi - to be honest, my head is a muddle of numbers. Everything I read contradicts itself. At my age there is said to be a 10-15% chance per month (eek) if you try naturally, yet my FS said 20% for my age. But 20% is what I read for young'uns (early 20's). Then I read this 33% chance per/couple if you BD on O day.

I do know that I conceived my first two pregnancies in 2 cycles (doing nothing special in particular) and the most recent one on the third (PreSeed cycle).

You have lovely young eggs so I think quality will be behind your successful implantation in the very near future

WTH: (ive got to remember when your name's shortened that it doesnt mean what the hell! jk!)

i agree, numbers are confusing... & you get heaps of contradictory info on the net.. dont know whether to believe or not! example, some people swear by the chinese baby gender chart.. & i went googling it & jotted down what the charts on each site said i would be having... turned out neck & neck! so if i fell prg this month i would have 50% of a boy & 50% of a girl! well thats fine with me! but i didnt need the charts to tell me that! if only someone invented something that will tell you the moment you conceived...

Well I seem to have finally picked my mood up out of the gutter. I have just had two pyjamas days i na row, oops Lovely though. AF is done with and I should be Oing in 6 days or so. So tryign to remember to take my pg vitamins. I've been taking Blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding gold..anyone know if taking the one designed for conception would be better?

I have this secret worry that there's something really wrong with my...I get cramps on and off almost through my whole cycle.

Lisa xx

Hi Acria,

i get cramps now & then too... dunno what they are, but i thought that it means things are working in there? or maybe we're just more sensitive after being prg?

sorry you were feeling down

hope times flies for you!

im taking the conception one atm, just started, dont know if it works yet... it wouldnt hurt to try it!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast