Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ November 2006 #2

afternoon ladies,

Shan OMG that is exactly what my MIL would do if she felt a little closer to me, she is really close to my BIL's wife * well actually she is really close to both of dh's bro's wife's just not me * and everytime she goes over thee she looks around tehre house to see what they have that is new etc.... she is a nosey so and so hence the reason I am quite glad that we are not close hhehehe my nana is the same to she will try and look through the house everytime she visits to see what she can pick on LOL bloomin crazy woman hehehehe.

Janine welcome back hun, life sure does sometimes just get away from us cause its so busy so we understand, good luck woth your bd fest and hoping you do catch that eggy this month.

Susie hi and welcome to BB, I am so sorry for your recent loss, how ar you feeling hun? in answer to your question about how long to wait etc... I waited one cycle with my first m/c which was @ aprox 4wks and I fell pregnant straight away and unfortunately it was just not meant to be and we lost our baby @ 14 weeks so we decided to give it a good break and have atleast 6 months off, I think the general rule of thumb is to wait atleast one full cycle then you can start ttc again, and yeah some dr's say 3 months is much better so yeah it is a little confusing, but hun if you dont feel that is right for you then absolutely wait it out for as long as you feel you need to, only you will know when you are feeling ready agian, I am sorry that I could not offer you more information than that but there are many wonderful ladies in here who might be able to offer you some more advice than I can, you have certainly come to the right place, please take care and know we are here for you if you need to vent a little or if you want advice etc we all love helping each other out. ETA I also agree 100% with what shan has said about hormone and hcg levels etc..
    Me well just came back from the dr and will get my results and referal to OB on friday so gotta be happy with that. and OMG it is hot hot hot outside and we have no aircon here boohoo
    Last edited by *Elle*; November 20th, 2006 at 02:27 PM.

Susie,

Sweety sorry for your loss, it can be such a difficult, painful and isolating time. I am glad you have found us. With my most recent m/c - I bled out naturally and there was no need for d&c or to wait to ttc again, so as soon as the bleed stopped, we were back on the ttc wagon. So Shan is right with her advice.

I hope your new journey is short and sweet, and look forward to sharing with you until you announce a new bfp

Take care
    Lisa

Susie - Hi and welcome to the thread, although I wish you didn't have to be here! But you are and we are all here to help each other through the good and the bad. My m/c was dec 19 last year, I was 5 weeks approx. and I bled through naturally. That pregnancy was a "surprise" pregnancy so we decided to wait to ttc again until we were ready financially and emotionally, hence why this month is our first month of ttc! No one can really tell you the right time to try again, as long as your hcg levels are back to zero and you and your hubby feel ready there's no reason why not...well as far as I know anyway!

Amy - Hi there! I'm in Adelaide too, it is a bit of a stinker isn't it?! We didn't have a/c last summer, it was awful, it was cold showers every half hour and sleeping under damp towels! Luckily we have a/c in the new house but I really feel for ya hun!

Shan and Lisa - Hi! I haven't been able to catch up with all the thread yet so not sure what you guys are up to! Where are you at with your cycles?

Suzie - I pretty much agree with Shan on when to ttc again. I had a m/c about 4-5 wks ago but my hcg levels were really low and before I knew it they were as my ob put it 'well and truly in the negative!". And no D & C so we did start again right away. If we'd had the D & C we would've waited though.

Welcome aboard and I hope your stay will be a short one!

Seems like i was on the right track...YAY for me...thanks girls...xxxx

Default Ta very muchly

Afternoon ladies,

thankyou so much for your advice, as crap of a time as this is its kind of nice to know there are people who know exactly what I'm talking about.... for some reason the girlfriends that have never had anyone more significant than themselves in their lives don't quite get it! So thanks for putting my mind at ease.

Hope your all staying cool in this heat..

Susie

Sorry I meant I agree with adkins81 :-)

Everyones posting the same time!! A liitle confusing...

That's cool Hindonly....i was on the right track anyway, so you don't have to apologise.

The Chicken Guest

Hi Susie. Welcome aboard. I am so sorry about your loss and hope your time in here is short. I so totally agree with the friends not quite getting it. I wish I had of found these awesome girls 12 months ago. Not much to add to the other comments about how long to wait. I had a month off after the first and last to give myself a break both emothionally and physically. But I think people and recovery times are different.

Lisa - you have to love dtd just for the fun of it. We had our final O run this morning, so I think DH needs a bit of a break IYKWIM.

Janine - welcome back. Good luck with the BD fest. Look back over the posts and find the info on the pretzel position.

Mako and Cilmum - how are you guys going with testing etc etc. We are waiting for some news

Shan - short and sweet visits are the best. I think we all have issues with mothers and MIL's and SIL's. I could write a book on my SIL but it wouldn't be worth my time At least we can pick our friends LOL

To everyone else I hope you have a great day. I have a ripping headache as I am down to 1 dose of caffiene per day (diet thingy). Take care and happy to those who are close to O'ing.

Hi girls,
    I am thinking of you all often but have been in minor meltdown mode and really didn't want to put all my anxiety onto you guys. I had some brownish CM on Friday and just thought "here we go" but it has now stopped. Finding it very hard not to freak out at every weird pain, etc but have not had too much success. I think I'll go for a scan on either saturday or next monday. Sounds like there has been alot of "action" at all of your places lately and I hope this means another run of BFP's
    I'll try to be back for personals later-- very tired though at mo. Love to all xoxox

Smile

Hi ya gorgeous girls,

Hope everyone is just fab

Susie - I am so very sorry for your loss, you have come to a wonderful place with wonderful women

Hope - Hope that you are doing ok, try not to worry babe I am sure that everything will be truely wonderful for you xxx

Shan - OMG your mum!! You poor bugger! Hope you are doing well

Lisa- Don't forget to try the pretzel position

Lou - you go girlfriend lol

Amy - GL with the move - I hate moving

girls I can't keep up, who is in TWW?? Sending loads of stickvibes to all of you xxxxx

Big phat hi to everyone mwaah

Quote Originally Posted by The Chicken View Post
    At least we can pick our friends.
    Lou, How true is that....one of my favourite sayings is:

'Friends are the family that we choose for ourselves'

So there you go....all you girls and considered family...mwah..xxx

Shan - you are a sweetie, and yes I agree with you we are one big family
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Just curious .. How soon after Oing can you get pg symtoms? All day today I have had nausea )thats about the extent of my nausea I get when pg) and I am tired but not overly exhausted.. I think I am approx4-5 days post O..

I am finding it is coming in waves? and a few deep breaths makes it bearable but seriously isn't it to soon for Ms??

HI gals,

Another hot one in Melb today......

Nic - that sounds good. I always love it when someone who is ttc gets 'waves' of nausea. Last time I was pg - I had the waves of nausea pretty early on too. Everyone is different, so Im praying that its a sign of good things to come for you!

Shan - oh hun - yes it sure is one big ttc family in here I couldnt do this without you gals. I hope you O'd and caught that naughty little egg unawares! Hows the job hunting going??

Kez - hows it going babe?? Have you still got af or are you getting ready for another round of the bd fest?? I'll be sure to try every position in the book this month!! LOL!

Hope - sweety im sure all is going to be ok, and brown cm is often quite normal during pg - Michelle71 had some bleeding and she had a scan to show her little bub is healthy and strong. I think you should have a scan, for your own peace of mind sweets. It will help you to relax more once you have seen your little bubba on screen. Sending you big hugs, and post here anytime you like, we are here for support babe.

Lou - I hope you caught that eggy love! Keeping it all crossed that your dh's efforts are rewarded with a nice bfp. Well my dh last night wanted to dtd again (every night since af left the building) but I told him that he would have to keep his energy for when it really counts, otherwise he will be exhausted by the time I O.
    Hindonly - any news sweety? Any symptoms?? Ohhh I so hope that this is it for you sweety.

Janine - welcome back to the official ttc train! I hope your stay is a short and sweet one.

Amy - I saw your pg announcement - congrats hun again - so glad all going well. And Im so happy that you and Naoms will be belly buddies.

Clare - how are you going? I hope you decide what is best for you hun, take your time and take care of yourself.

Mako - any neeews??? Hope you are well

Cilmum - how are things going with you?

A big hi to anyone I have missed

Me - well bd festival is in full swing but had to give DH the "down boy" talk as he gets all enthused in the first week after af and then fizzles by O time!!!!! So I told him we would not be dtd everyday - but when I say so LOL!! Im back on the OPK's - so tested last night as I had a bit of ewcm but only got a faint second line. Will dtd tonight for good measure and then keep POAS until I get that dark second line. I have a good feeling about this month girls - either that or Im just being overly optimistic! All we can do is hope. I decided last night that if and when I do have my first daughter - her middle name is going to be faith or hope - cause that is what keeps us all going on this wonderful ttc journey! And to remind her in life to always have either faith or hope and she will be able to achieve anything - just like we will all get a bfp and have healthy bubba's in our arms soon!

Hope you all have a great day

Lisa

Morning ladies

Just a question...
    Does anyone know if baby oil is safe to use as a lubricant when ttc?
    I know the normal ones have spermicide in them but what about baby oil?

Thanks guys, hope you're all having a great day and keeping cool in this hot weather!

Love Janine
    xxx

janine,

I have no idea in response to your question, but I do know that Lullaby Conceptions sell a lubricant that is spermi safe for ttc. Might want to check out their website?

I hope the other gals can help some more

Lis

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast