Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ November 2006 #2

Megan76 Guest

Thanks so much everyone for all your "good luck" vibes!
    Well after waiting for an hour in the waiting rooms and getting extremely nervous (i think i pee'd 3 times).......all went great. There was a heartbeat, woo hoo, and i actually saw it this time. The weird thing was the baby measured 7 weeks, 3 days - exactly the same measurement as when i m/c. I thought that was weird especially considering we didn't think we were that far along. Ob. wants me to come back next week to measure again to check the length as its bigger than the dates expected. But I guess that is better than being smaller! Thank god that is over! Now i will be able to get back to some personals again soon cos i will be able to think again!

Hope - for some reason i had an inkling that might not be your name, but i love it anyway! Cheeky bugger!

Lisa - i was in the city for the hen's, we actually did a nude life drawing class, it was a classic!!

Will catch up with everyone tomorrow!! Thanks again!

Talking

Megan- That is wonderful news hun, I am so very happy for you and your dh. It must have been a very special moment for you both

Kez xxxx

Great news Megan. The fact that the dates measured the same as when you lost the first pg. might be a sign that bub is telling you it's OK--"look Mum I've made it this far already"!! Glad to hear it went so well.

Well done Megan....that's awesome news. Congratulations....I know it will be hard, but now you can relax and enjoy your bubba a bit...oh yeah..and good stuff about the Nude painting class....i had a little chuckle to DH about that one...hehe

Nic - I'm still bf dd too. She has about 3 feeds a day. Was feeding 5 times a day when I fell pg last time. I get O pains too - can tell which side is popping a googie each month. Hope you get a BFP at the end of the week!

Lou - How's the packing going? Here's hoping you get a new little bundle with your new house. I found out I was pg 1st week in our new place earlier this year.

Shan - I hear you on the mum thing!

Janine - g'luck!

Susie - You're right about others not understanding - gosh, I know I didn't understand when friends told me of their losses before I'd been through it myself. Hope you're not in here long! I had a d&c & was told to wait until after my first full period before trying again. That was almost 3 months ago now.

Hope - hun, we're all sending you sticky, sticky, sticky baby vibes! Hang in there, babe.

Lisa - love the Faith or Hope middle name - you made me all sooky there.

Megan - oh, oh, oh! First scan! how cool! Whoo hoo boom boom heartbeat - that's the best thing in the world, isn't it?! Congratulations! Hope they gave you a piccy. LOL re the nude drawing class - that would've been great!

Nic - you can get tests for 5 days before af due - go get one! Hope it's a BFP!

My news - a very disappointing BFN. Crazy, I was so sure I was UTD this time. Was getting nausea bouts & even told DH I thought I was pg. The wicked witch arrived Sat morning. Still, as disappointing as it is, I'm using this week & next to get everything sorted out healthwise. Dentist for this wisdom tooth (all the sympathy in the world for DD while she's teething too!), skin cancer check, girly bits smear (yukko - sorry if tmi) & new chiropractor. Then bring on the Pretzel!

Hoping for many mini pretzels amongst us this time round!

xx

Yay Megan!! That is fantastic news!!!

Cilmum... I am sorry you got a BFN... it truly is heartbreaking, huh? But just keep in mind that it aint over thil AF arrives!!

Not much going on here... only on CD6, so very boring!!

Tanya

Megan - that is wonderful news! I am so happy for you hun, hope you can finally relax and enjoy the pg ride

A big to everyone else, bbl for personals

Lisa

Cilmum - bummer about the neg test...but you sound really positive, so good luck for this cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    Cilmum... I am sorry you got a BFN... it truly is heartbreaking, huh? But just keep in mind that it aint over thil AF arrives!!
    Tanya - it arrived for her Saturday morning....read a bit further down from where she said she got a BFN...

Hi everyone
    I am in my first cycle of TTC after the loss of my little by Harrison and wanted to join you all in this journey. I have to be honest I have been reading this thread for a while and now feel up to joining. You all sound so sweet and I hope that we all get a special BPF Christmas surprise.
    I am so nervous, sad, excited, anxious about this whole process but nothing will stop me from having a healthy little baby and taking them home. It is going to take me a while to catch up on everyones story and do personals but can I just say congrats to Megan. I know how absolutely terrifying scans can be and to hear that heartbeat is the sweetest sound there is. to everyone....Spring Angel

Spring Angel, I'm so glad that you have joined us. I'm so sorry to hear about little Harrison, and also his twin, but you have definately come to the right place.

I think we all end up here the same way as you have, well, i know i did. I read the thread for ages before I felt ready to join in, but it was the best decision i have ever made.

You are a very strong woman, you will get a baby in your arms and we're all here to help you along the way. We'll support you 100% just as we support each other and you are welcome into our little family with open arms....

Wow! Lots of new people here. I am going to give a shot at personals so bear with me.

SpringAngel-So sorry for your losses. I hope your TTC journey goes well and you have a BFP really soon.

Hindonly-Did AF really show? I hope she stays away!

SusieT-I haven't had time to welcome you yet and tell you sorry for your losses. You will find it comforting to be here.

Megan-Yeah! Congrats on your good scan. I bet it was wonderful to see your precious little one.

Cilmum-Sorry about AF showing up. Hope she doesn't stay long and you can get to the BD and get your BFP really soon!

Tanya-Still bored? Hope time goes fast and you O really soon!

Shan-Where are you at in your cycle? I've lost track of you somewhere along the line. I hope you are doing well.

Lisa-How's the BD fest going? I hope you haven't totally worn out DH. As my husband would say, "I'm not a machine!" Although it would make it easier for us if they were and we didn't have to put anymore effort into it. I hope time goes fast for you and you get your BFP really soon. You so deserve it.

Hope-How are you doing? I must keep missing your posts. I hope everything is going good for you!

Sorry I haven't been here much. I was gone on a shopping trip with the women in DH family. We had such a good time but it was hard shopping thinking I should be buying clothes for Dawson right now and that hit me pretty hard. I have been having some tough days lately and have been missing my son really bad. I am already having some pretty big fears about this baby and realizing how bittersweet this all is. I am so grateful to be pregnant but it is so scary all at the same time. Sorry for the downer attitude but I guess I needed to get this out somewhere and you guys are so wonderful! I have my doctors appt next week so I hope that will give me some peace of mind. Thanks again!

Hi gals,

Missy - oh sweety dont feel bad about feeling down we are all here to help each other through and im sure there will be plenty of times where you think about Dawson and how things would be now. He will always be around his beautiful mummy. As for my bd fest - not O time just yet but we have been dtd every second day JIC - will start full steam ahead from tomorrow - whooo hoooo!! DH better charge his Duracell's - I need him to keep on going and going and going LOL!

SpringAngel - welcome to our ttc 'family', we are all here to help each other through the ups and downs of ttc after a loss. I hope little Harrison is watching down on you and has a word to the angels about bringing you that bfp for xmas. I hope that your new journey is short and sweet.

Hind - ohhhh im so upset that you got af - I was really hoping this was your month, but onwards and upwards lovely, you will get there soon. Still got time for a xmas bfp for you! So have you had any more bleeding? You dont think it could have been an implant bleed?

Tanya - sometimes i think the tww for O is worse than the tww for bfp!! Im waiting too - had a line on an opk the other day, tested yesterday and nothing. So will wait for some ewcm and continue testing. Hope yours comes quiclkly.

Cilmum - sorry for you bfn - will that nasty witch ever learn to STAY AWAY! Hope next month is your month sweets.

SusieT - how are you going hun??

Shan - how you going? How weird has this wheather been?? How far into the tww are you now??

Nic - any more symptoms?? Keeping it all crossed for you babe.

Mako - any news? Praying for you sweets.

Hope - how are you going my sweety? Are you feeling better - and when are you going to have your scan? Sending you loads of and even more sticky vibes.

Megan - oh you must be absolutely stoked about those wonderful results and the fact bub is measuring bigger!!So you must have O'd earlier than you thought.

A big hi to everyone else

Me - im off to NP tonight as im almost mid cycle so she has to tinker around with my naughty ovaries. I feel all bloated and have been having a bit more cm than usual for this time of the month (its not really ewcm but just more of the normal cm). Ohter than that still feel really positive. Im going to get that bfp before February if its the last thing I do!! - and i have a feeling when it does come its going to be a pink bfp!

Sending loads of bfp vibes to you all,
    Lisa

Default Guidence please

Afternoon all,

This night sound really strange... but here goes. It's only been a week since our m/c but we are really looking forward to trying again. I've never been so enthusiastic about af turning up that I can't wait to see the old bag!! We want to have a family so much and I feel guilty that I don't spend 24/7 crying over our angel baby. Its sooooo hard to know what I'm meant to be feeling at the moment.... I need guidence please!

And for something a little odd... I just looked out our office window at work and saw a couple of DONKEY drawn carts.... hmmmm unusual!

Hope everyone is having good afternoons

Hugs
    Susie xo

dream bub Guest

Hi All,

I hope you dont mind me joining in. Ive been reading everyones stories over the last week or so, some with absolute delight and others that bring tears to my eyes.

I've been on IVF for 3 & 1/2 yrs and got an exciting BFP earlier this year only to lose him in June at 11weeks - heartbeat disappeared ! Straight after that I just wanted to get back on the horse and give it another go, however my body wasnt playing and I couldnt start until about 6 weeks ago. I had a TF last Wednesday of 2 perfect blasts and am serving my sentence on the 2ww. I would say I just want the 2ww over, but only if its a BFP! My mind is playing trciks on me - making me think I should understand more about what went wrong last time....... but the doc assured me that it was natures way & that I shouldnt necessraily expect that it will happen again. to go it doesnt, but now I worried that if I get a BFP that I wont be able to enjoy it.

ANyway heres hoping the next week flies for me a& anyone else that's waiting for their moment.

To all.

Susie - oh love - dont feel guilty about wanting to have another bub again, its perfectly natural and normal to feel that way. There will be times in your life when you think about your angel bub and you will cry and think about all the 'what if's' - its a real rollercoaster and you will learn to ride the emotions as they come. I was the same as you - wanting a bub again straightaway - unfortunately for us it didnt happen and now its coming close to the anniversary of the loss of our first angel. I hope that you dont have to wait so long and that you are blessed with a bfp soon. I think it might make the grief for your loss easier if you have a new bubba to love and focus on.

LOL at the donkey's - where abouts do you work?

Drembub - hello sweety and welcome to our little group - I am really sorry for your loss and wish that you didnt have to be in this thread at all, but I know you will find lots of support in here and we will all be here to hold your hand through a new bfp. As much as Im desperate to have a little bub, a bfp would absolutely scare the crap out of me - but with all the wonderful gals in here its so much easier. I hope your TF is successfull and you have a new little sticky bean in there. And what you said about the tww being a sentence - sooo true. Praying your only days away froom a bfp hun.

Im about to leave work and have just been given the orders - no one is to leave the office as the Labor party's planning policy has just been released and we have to be here to answer q's etc etc etc... BUT I have an appt with my NP for accupuncture on my ovaries as im almost mid cycle, so there is no way this election is going to interfere with my baby making! One of my mates here just said to me - well put your foot down and say "what about MY LABOUR POLICY"!! LOL!! So im off to test the waters and see what reaction I get when I tell them im leaving at 4.

Take care and chat to you all later,
    Lisa

Hi

Lisa, Good luck with your NP appointment, and good on you for not letting your boss and election rule your life.

Welcome to everyone who is new here and I hope you all end up with bfp's in time for christmas. Remember to be kind to yourselves and however you are feeling is absolutely normal. We all have days were we are very happy and other days when we are very sad. It is also ok to want to try for another baby straight away or if you want to wait some time thats ok too. Good luck to you on this journey.

Megan, I'm soooooooooo pleased everything went great with your scan hun. Try to relax now and enjoy this pregnancy.

Missy, I'm thinking of you sweet. All the best with your drs appoint next week. Make sure you let us know how it goes.

Hi to all you lovelies out there who I've missed. Hope you are all ok. And I'm sending lots of baby dust around for everyone.

As for me I'll be testing on Friday, unless the ugly witch shows up. Atm I have absolutely no signs of anthing either way, so who knows?????????????

Lisa - they're always banging on about having a child for you, a child for your husband & one for the country - just tell them you're doing it for Australia!!

Fingers crossed for some BFPs (Big Fat Pretzels) in here this time around.

I'll be getting some OPK's this time - when should I start testing? I think I O on CD12 which will be next Wednesday. BUT, silly me went to ask a Dentist (a dentist, of all people, how silly can I be??) about my wisdom tooth (not very much wisdom in that one, obviously) & he says they have to come out! They? Yes, they! Not just the one coming through now, but 2 of them have to come out! Still, can't make me any sillier... And when do you think he wants to do that? Yup. Next Wednesday. Under general anaesthetic in hospital. Aaaarrrrrgggghhh! I'm still bding. It ain't gonna stop me! But, does anyone know if a ga will affect conception or the safety of the baby if we do conceive? Or will it affect O-ing?

The Chicken Guest

Hi everyone
    How busy is this place????

This is just a quick one to say hi to all of you wonderful ladies and to send lots of to everyone. A warm welcome and huge to both Spring Angel and Dream Bub. I hope your time with us is short and ends with someone sweet.Great news for Megan and the scan. You and DH must be so relieved - a heart beat is fantastic and you have the added bonus of being a bit further along.

I am absolutely exhausted after 3 long days at work. I'm not noticing too much with TWW symptoms....will wait and see......and I am NOT doing an early HPT. Will do some personals tomorrow after a good night sleep.

Take care and sweet dreams.

PS How funny is this- Sam often watches me with great intrigue when I do my OPT. The other day he got a cup out of the draw pulled down his pants and copied me. WHAT THE....:eek:

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast