Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Miscarriage or Loss ~ November 2006 #3

Hi Girls,
    Thanks for the advice re: the OPK's - why are our bodies so difficult to read? I guess there is only 1 way to know for sure if I O'd & that's a BFP! With my first baby it took 2 years to conceive & I was on my fourth round of clomid. I had a laparoscopy booked in for the monday & found out I was pregnant the friday before - phew! For all of you on clomid... have hope! This time though (resulting in m/c) it took only 3 months for me to conceive & I was b/feeding! Who can tell hey!?! Enough, just giving you some history...
    Cilmum - hope the tooth isn't giving you too much grief
    Shan - do what feels right about the job - go with your gut instinct
    Princess - have no idea about charting so am no good to you either.
    So.....is anybody testing soon? It was always good to read about a BFP when I was just a stalker - really lifted the spirits!
    Anyway, best go, my boy is crying!

Yoohoo Megan!! Where are you? Dying to hear all about your scan. I trust all went swimmingly!?

Hi girls

Lisa, yep, in the tww today Why are you not feeling good anymore?

Mummyto1, lets hope you conceive quickly this time, hey! Good luck!

Cil, just keep your eyes open for more ewcm... you may have just had a day of it back on CD 9 and O is still waiting to happen...? I suppose time will tell.

Princess, I hope you caught the egg! Good luck.

Shan, Good luck with what ever happens on the job front i hope whatever happens you are happy with

Well, I had a temp rise this morn, so I am not int he tww!! WoooHoooo...

Tanya

Hey everyone!

Princess & Cil - here's hoping you've made contact with that elusive (sometimes!) eggie!! fingers X'ed for you.

Lisa - you must be in that 2 ww too by now, hope you have some really terrific news to share with us soon:-)
    It cant be far off this BFP! Seems like its been awhile since an anouncement has been made.

Shan- Hope all goes well with the job. Job hunting - its a jungle out there, so many ppl to compete with! Yep - I agree it can be scary especially after being away from it for awhile.

Tanya - Yee ha being in the 2ww... Fingers crossed big time for you too.

Not really sure whats happening with me though! Thought that I had AF 8 days ago...so on CD8 I tried an opk for the hell of it - was going to wait til saturday at least - but I've got 2 lines there already! Bit early isn't it??
    Oh well, we made the best of it anyway:-)
    I think my body is still a bit all over the place after mc! I'm just a little confused about it all. I wasn't expecting to 'O' til about CD13 the soonest.
    Anyway thats about it for me: hello to all the other ladies in the ttc, theres just so many to follow now I can hardly keep up,lol.

morganj Guest

Good Morning Ladies

Well I thought I'd O'd earlier this week - had all the signs of cm and o pain - but my temps are like the rocky mountains so have no idea what's going on. So frustrating. It's eight weeks today since we found out we'd had a missed m/c . I would have been 19 weeks. Anyway, have to stop thinking like that.

Hindonly - I think the two lines can show up two to three days before O - so keep bd'ing until up to and beyond CD13 perhaps - just in case. Fingers crossed for you.

Tanya - fingers crossed!! Great news about your temp rise!

Shan - the job sounds great - good luck for Monday!!

Princess - when I used OPKs they would never be as dark as the control line - but we bd'd anyway and that was the month I fell pg.

LisaL - what is an NP?

Have a great Friday all!!!

The Chicken Guest

Hey guys

No time for personals as we are frantically packing boxes and looking for houses to buy. Sam had a fantastic birthday and is well and truly a 3 year old. Thanks for your well wishes. Still in the TWW. Not sure what is going on. I don't feel preg but I don't feel like AF is coming either. Having a zillion things to do has helped heaps and I am not too fussed as maybe I need to have a break over the school holidays without being sick IYKWIM. I have my FS appointment on Monday so if things don't happen this month then hopefully a bit of clomid will do the trick. A big to everyone and the newbies. I am sure we will get some BFP's in before christmas. Keep happy and safe.

Hi Girls, wow it has been busy in here lately. I will do my best to catch up with you all. Here goes,

Lou All the best with packing and moveing and house hunting. It is a busy time for you. I hope you get a bfp this cycle. When are you going to test. I'm hearing you on not feeling like af or pregnant. Anyway good luck sweet. So pleased Sam had a great b'day.

Morganj I'm sending you a great big today.

Tanya Wishing you all the best this cycle hun and hope the tww flies by so fast ending with a bfp.

Hindonly Good luck with catching that little eggie. Can't wait to see a bfp from you soon.

Shan All the best for Monday. I hope it works out the way you want it too. It is quite scary starting a new job but I like to think of it being an adventure and a way to meet new people. Let us know how it goes hun.

LisaL I love the way you think sweet. You always seem to find the positive in every situation. I hope your NP is right and your bfp isn't too far away. Maybe it could be a good start to the new year????

Cilmum I hope you are feeling a bit better today and the teeth are not giving you too much trouble. They can be soooo painful can't they. Anyway think of all the yummy food you'll be able to eat for christmas lol.

Hope All the best for your scan on Tuesday. Let us know how it goes.

Megan How are you. How did your scan go yesterday?

Susie, Belinda, Lind, Amy, Missykg,Kbowman and anybody else I've missed I hope you are all doing ok.

As for me nothing to report. Still no af and still no sign of preg. Dh is going ok after his op on Tuesday. He's a little sore but thats to be expected.
    I hope you all have agreat weekend.

Lisa - I am still stalking you and watching your progress. I have everything crossed for a fabulous result soon. Seat is still warm. And thank you for the belly rub

Now .... the rest of you ..... get yourselves into the bedroom (or wherever else you choose ) There is a mass exodus from PAML happening soon so we need to restock the numbers - not to mention it getting crowded in here. Time for a mass evacuation. Plenty of warm seats whenever you are ready

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all really good, I have been missing you all like crazy, we have almost finished moving and just have a small amount of cleaning left to do, it is also hard to get on as we are staying with my mum and there are lots of computer lovers here LMAO so finding a time slot thats free is hard some times.

have had a very quick skim read of all the posts over the past couple of weeks and decided that there was no way I would be able to catch up on it all LOL, so will just try to keep up from here on out,

Shan I hope you get this job and that it is perfect for you and not stressful at all is sounds like they really want you, so that is great and you could always take it and still look for something else if its not what you want.

Lisa testing time is getting closer YAY I am praying for you every day that this is it, all is sounding really posative for you babe.

Mako I am glad to hear your DH is doing ok, hmmm I hope you get that BFP this month that would be so exciting

now what else can I remember, I am so sorry girls for the lack of personels.

me well I am doing wellstill dont have alot of symptoms just sore bb's and hightened smell and taste but thats it, maybe its because it has not really sink in as yet, it still feels a bit like a dream iukwim. I had a bt amost 2 weeks ago and my doctor said my levels were really good they were about 954 and I was aprox 5 weeks when the blood was taken. I have my first appointment on the 15th of December at 9:30 am so will let you know how that goes. well I have a big night tonight as I am going to see Kylie WOOHOO cant wait it should be so fab.

Take care of your special selves I will pop back in very soon.

Had to ETA a great big LMAO Michelle @ getting in the bedrooms hehehehe

*MWAH*
    Last edited by *Elle*; December 1st, 2006 at 12:47 PM.

Thanks Amy & Michelle...

Michelle - im praying I can join you soon and I noticed paml is a bit low on members. I sure hope ALL of the girls can move over too. We need some bfp's in here - its been a while. Hope your well and good luck for your scan on Monday. I know everything will be fine and little alf is snuggled in for the long haul!

Anyone heard from Megan?? Megan honey - I hope all is well, thinking of you sweets.

who asked me what an NP is? Its a naturopath sweety.

tanya - in aswer to your q about why i dont feel so good, i dunno really i think its just the fact that i dont want a huge let down, so best to be neutral about it YKWIM? If im all hyped and nothing happens then ill be gutted, this way I can better deal with whatever happens at the end of next week. Yay on being in the TWW!!

hi to everyone else

morganj Guest

Thanks Mako!! I hope AF stays away for you!!

Lou - good luck with the move!!

Amym - enjoy Kylie - how awesome!!! Looking forward to hearing all about it!!

Just sprinkling some around for you girls!

Lisa, only 8 days to go YAY! I too stalk you every day, checking on your progress. You certainly have a following! I have everything crossed for you that you see two big fat lines staring up at you next Saturday! We just need Lou to join the party and then they'd better watch out at FPH LOL! Are you seeing Antonia again soon? Has work calmed down now the election is over? Good on you going to the rally, was it huge? for you hun.

Shan. what's going on with the job? Good luck, I hope you can work it out to your advantage!

Thanks Sez. Im praying for me and Lou to rock PAML and FPH together. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know how much you gals care for me and want to see me with my very own bfp.

I just had a realisation though - im due for testing on Saturday which is the anniversary of my first loss...mmmm... not sure how a bfn and angels passing is going to go. But on the bright side I do have a wedding on that afternoon so if its a bfn I get to drink the night away LOL!

And a couple of glasses of vino will make it ALL better Personally, I would rather you weren't allowed to drink ..........

I'm with you Michelle , but if needed, alcohol always does the trick!

Maybe the date is a sign Lisa? I'm a big believer in signs!

Yes it would be nice not to be allowed to drink ladies! Sez I sure hope that its a 'sign' and it would be a nice gift from my two little angels playing up in heaven.

Michelle - sendings you loads of hugs and cant wait to hear all about little *alf's* wonderful progress on Monday.

Take care my gorgeous ttc and pg friends and have a great weekend,
    Hope you all get to have your legs up in the air over the weekend as we need some serious bfp's in here

Lisa

Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind me joining in. I am not actually TTC yet, but would like to be!

I miscarried on 14 Oct and got my first post m/c AF on Wednesday (29/11). My doctor reccomended that we wait 3 months to start trying again, so I am just waiting at the moment. I will start temping this cycle, as my dr has scheduled some tests to have done 5 days after O, but I already know how hard it is going to be not to BD on the day that I know I am O'ing. At the same time, I am scared to TTC again in case I m/c again, but hopefully being here will help - you guys are great - I have been reading this thread for the last few days and you are all so supportive.

Does anyone know of any actual scientific reason why it may be more likely to m/c a pregnancy occurring in the 3 months after a m/c? This is what my dr has told me, so I feel that I should wait, but a lot of other people here have been told they don't need to wait this long. There is no other reason why I should have to wait longer - I didn't have a d & c, have had a period since the m/c and there are no known problems or anything. The other reason I am waiting is because I now have private maternity health insurance and need to wait until 27 Jan for the waiting period to end! That seems like forever to wait! It is not the end of the world if I fall pg before this time, it just means I will have to go public, which I had planned the first time anyway.

Basically, I am just really unsure about when to try again. At the moment I am thinking of waiting out this cycle and starting again with the next. The trouble is, I have no idea when that will be! My cycles were pretty screwed up after going off the pill, so I imagine they will be wierd for a while after a m/c. Everything seems so confusing and uncertain at the moment.

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me joining in. Good luck to everyone testing or BD'ing over the weekend - have a great one!

Lisa, it sounds like we are in the same boat. I will be due to test next weekend as well & will do so on Sat I think as I have a party that night & don't want to drink if I'm UTD! On the other hand if I'm not I will be drowing my sorrows.Here's hoping for BFPs for both of us & for all the other ladies. I have never really felt different in the past when I have been pg so really have no feelings about how this month will go. I am a big believer in positive thinking though so positive thoughts....positive thoughts...
    Hi to all you other ladies - hope you all have a productive weekend (wink wink).

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast