Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: TTC after Miscarriage or Loss ~ March 08

Jodsan - I'm really sorry you had a crap day and saw your father cry, it is not a nice sight and you always feel helpless. However having said that maybe he really needed it? I think we sometimes underestimate the power of a good cry for men seeing as they rarely show such emotion! Hope things improve for you!

PLC - I'm glad you enjoyed your day but I totally sympathise with you. Especially after gf just having had her 2nd and already talking about timing for her 3rd! Chin up sweetie I am sure it will happen for you soon! For ALL of us soon!!!

Katiegirl - try not to stress too much and if you can't stop thinking about it go to your doc, I am sure there is something they could do to check it all out! My bff had that happen to her twice and is now happily and healthily 16 weeks pg, nothing bad at all! I am sure that is all it is for you, something inactive and nothing to worry about!

As for me I have FINALLY finished weekend school, now just have to catch up on 2 weeks worth of lectures, readings and lab activities for 2 subjects, that and complete all 4 online activities that are marked plus find time for 4 assignments! No wonder I haev had no time to post on both of these forums (also TWW). Tomorrow morning is POAS for me so either way I will know what to expect for Monday! Wish me luck

Kategirl - They say it's only red/fresh blood that you are meant to worry about. Hugs to you, I'm sure everything will be fine - take it easy and do something to spoil yourself tomorrow.

Berecca - Good luck tomorrow

Plc - Hugs for you. It's so tough when those close to you are having babies when it 'should' be you too. We have a friend coming to visit next weekend with their 3 mth old - I know it's going to be hard but I really want to be happy for them.I'm sure they won't expect me to be jumping for joy but sometimes I wish people could step into my shoes just for 30 seconds so they know how I feel.

Jodsan - I never used to get hormonal pre-o but I have the last 2 mths - even spotting around O time which is weird for me. Am also very hormonal post O too, last month my boobs were so tender I had myself convinced that I was pg and when I poas and got BFN I was gutted! This month the tender breasts are back but they're not going to trick me this time! Who knows what my body is doing. I wish our bodies were like computers and came with programs that explain how they work?!?!? If only.

Tinak - our first angel bub was conceived at DH's parents place. We felt a little gross about it at first but we figured if they knew they'd be so happy they were going to be grandparents that they wouldn't care.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend. for all!!!

Natty Guest

Smile

Hi Ladies

Wow so much gets posted in such a short time!

Brockstar - hope DS is feeling better. Your u/s sounds promising. Sending you lots of best wishes for it to be positive!

Jodsan - sorry about your GF funeral. They always take a lot out of you so be sure to look after yourself the next few weeks.

Seenabeena - sorry that you are joining this group because it means you had to suffer the loss of your little one. But as I have found the ladies here are wonderful.

Trac - hope your Dad is feeling ok. I so wish you get a BFP both for you and DH and your Dad.

Tempus moriendi - sorry to sound ignorant but was is a hysteroscopy? The four follicles sounds positive - isnt that eggs that are ready to be released? If so, I hope that a little swimmer meets one of them very soon!

Danielsgirl112 - sorry to hear that you too are joining this group. Take your time to grieve and remember to look after yourself.

AJC - dont you hate when wherever you go there are pregnant women? I work in a hospital with a large maternity section and ever since my m/c it seems like the number of pregnant women attending the hospital has quadrupled. Even just seeing a pregnant woman from a distance is like having an ice bucket thrown over my head (even though I am happy for them!)

TinaK - when DH's mum comes over for 2-3 weeks we always BD in the shower - she cant hear because the exhaust fan is on!

Plc - isnt it so hard when all your friends are having babies when you wanted/planned on having them? I have had to revise the 'gap' between DD and our next baby about ten different times for various reasons including m/c and it makes it so hard when you see your friends doing what you want your life to be doing. Your day will come though - when it is right for you.

Bec - another ignorant question - what is POAS? Good luck with the 4 assignments? What are you studying?

I actually have a TTC question. I have been BDing nearly every second day with DH and have been using OPKs every day since Sunday (Saturday night now). We BD'd on Friday, Sunday, Tuesday and Friday but nothing showing on the OPK's (not even a faint line) but on Wednesday night I had CM which I normally have right before O (and I am pretty sure it wasnt swimmers - sorry for TMI!!). I wont describe it because its gross but it is something which I normally have happen so I am assuming from that it was O. But then how can it be if I havent had anything show up on the OPK? I dont temp chart because I can never remember so CM and OPKs are the only way I know....

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

Natty - POAS is **** On A Stick, elegant I know!!! I am studying my second year of a Grad Dip of Psychology, at the moment I am a teacher, working fully time. As for your question, when are you using the OPK? Sorry for the question for a question! I would safe keep doing what you are doing until you do get a + OPK and keep going until a - OPK, make sense??

Good morning ladies, such an emotional day for me today!

Woke up at 6am to take my temp which hasn't dropped, and then took 20 min to convince myself to get up and POAS even though I was busting for the loo

Anyway then took another 10 min to get the courage up to look and see and imagine my shock and surprise when I saw I woke up DH straight away, and needless to say at first he wasn't all that impressed! and his reponse "let's just wait and see". Very safe of him but I understand!

I am so happy, excited, elated, amazed, nervous and a tad scared! The pg line was fainter than the other but easily seen at a distance. It is darker than my last pg. I have decided to be positive as possible for this pg and hope this also helps it to stick. Next step is booking the ob, I don't want to miss out.

Anyway there is my news, albeit I am still pinching myself to make sure it is true!

Berecca - already posted on 2WW but had to congratulate u again!!! Ur DH has good grounding but don't allow urself to miss the joy of a BFP!! Well done!!

Yay Berrecca!! SSSssoooooo Happpyyy for you !!!!!! xxxx

for you and the rest of the BFP gang!
    Plenty of room for more- fingers crossed those TWW xx

Well, I say plenty of room- I can't do any of my trousers up! Been walking around with buttons and zippers undone. Went clothes shopping today (not fun on Saturday especially with the local footie match on!) Anyway, I'm a total short ass and also very slim (don't hate me!) so the maternity stuff is just hopeless! Ended up buying one pair of trousers which I'll have to chop about 6 inches off the bottom and wear a belt, plus a few 'non-maternity, just bigger sized' tops to hang over my undone buttoned ordinary trousers. I want to bloom- not splodge!!
    LOL

Berecca - I just logged on because I was dying to know what your pg test said - I was soooo happy when I saw your news. Wishing you the happiest and healthy pregnancy ever!!!!

Big Congrats Brecca!! I hope everything goes smoothly!!!

NIckster--Happy to see you're getting all spodgy!! hehe enjoy it it's the only time you don't have to feel guilty about it. Just go with the flow!!

Hi to everyone else.

Nothing much to report here, same old same old!

Good Luck to everyone in the TWW!!

..Laura

Yay Berecca!!! I know the exact feelings you are experiencing - and they are NORMAL...!

I'm gonna be a bit quiet this week - we have used our monthly download usage (!!!) for this month, and then we head off for a week over the Easter break.

I'll try and pop in, but it's just toooo slllloooowwwww.

Good luck everyone and I hope the easter bunny is good to you all.

Hi girls, haven't posted in a while between work and then last night DH and I celebrated a very belated Valentines day last night (actual Valentines day was right after FIL's passing). Then this morning I went back to the FS, who remeasured my four ickle follicles and said that one of them is clearly in the lead with its development, but my uterine lining is "a little thin". Can't say I'm surprised, because I bled for like 7 or 8 days but had to start the clomid on CD 5. I usually bleed profusely when I AF, but I have long cycles (32-35) days to make up for it. Then the office called and said they have my lab work and FS wants to see me in the office tomorrow. I'm scared it's bad news. Wish me luck.

berecca623: YAY!!! SO HAPPY!!! will be praying very hard

Brockstar: fingers crossed!

AJC: sending encouragement vibes and a cyberhug

smilanatu: good luck!

Jodsan: sending cyberhug and praying for strength for you all.
    Your hormones are probably being affected by the stress of your Dad's illness. If there's any way you can relax, like meditation or progressive relaxation or whatever works for you, definitely do it.

plc1805: sending cyberhug. IKWYM about things not happening on time the way you planned. I was going to have each of my babies 2 years apart. It's annoying to hear other people so blythely plan their families and how they WILL do this and WON'T do that, when you've had such a hard time of it.
    Personally, I think things happen for a reason and in their own time. But it's not always easy to stick to that philosophy...

Katiegirl: I"m praying real hard for you, too. Let us know what the ob says

Natty: in a hysteroscopy, they send a probe with a tiny camera in it up through the cervix to look a the inside of your uterus--you can see it on the screen and it's like watching educational TV LOL!
    Also, you can have CM for a week or more before o. You might be testing too early, especially if your body is still adjusting from MC.
    Personally, I'm a HUGE supporter of the temp cross check.

Default worse....

berecca: thats so geat, congratulations
    katiegirl: how are you? hope all is ok and you are feeling fabulous! let us know how you go with OB, my fingers are crossed for you, im sure all is ok
    nickster: im so glad your getting spodgy, i cant wait till im there! enjoy it!
    PLC: its hard isnt it, when others have what you want.

My SIL is coming to visit tomorrow. I havent seen her pregnant yet, and im really scared how im going to react. Shes now 20 weeks, which means i would have been 22. Last time i saw her was 2 days after my D&C when shw thought that was the best time to announce to me infront of the whole family that she was pregnant, and expected me to be happy for her. Needless to say, i burst into tears! Any suggestions as to how i can see her tomorrow and get through it without becoming hysterical? i just cant think about her without thinking about my loss...

Natty Guest

Berecca - that is awesome news. Congratulations. Wishing you a wonderful pregnancy!

Hi everyone. Quick update - called Ob this morning and he said that he wants me to have a scan. He said that it was probably not a concern but that a scan is needed. So have booked one in for 3:30 this afternoon. Thankfully DH is home from work today so he can come with me. I am terrified and nervous but hoping for the best. Not sure what they can see at 6 weeks?

Sorry for lack of personals - will write again later.

tina - I know how u feel - a mother from mother's group (not the one prev mentioned) but the 1st one to have the 2nd round of bubs was a couple of weeks ahead of me before I had my 2nd m/c. Everytime I saw her and how big she was getting, I couldn't help but think she was living my dream and I was a failure. Also, she knew she was having a boy and the pathology found I had m/c a boy (even tho, like u, I had a blighted ovum and it was so early, they could still find out that info). I just put on a brave face and didn't give her the satisfaction of knowing I was affected in anyway especially cos she kept asking, in a pity-like manner, how I was going. I just said "Yeah fine" and smiled. I didn't want her pity when she was holding the goods and I wasn't. I didn't want to give the impression of "poor her, she is having problems" esp as this was my 2nd m/c - it was no one's business but mine and DHs. Get's me a little angry to think she could do it and I couldn't but I think she is the sort of person that makes me react like that. Anyone else - I still have been brave with but not as defiant, if you know what I mean. Tina - you'll find out what works for you but I just couldn't stand people pussy-footing around me and that's why I have chosen to show strength even when I want to scream out loud for having gone thru this injustice. GL hun - I really mean it.

katie - am thinking of you and sending you express positive vibes for 3.30 (even tho we are both in melb but I want to make sure u get them ) - u will be fine hun and ur a strong cookie.

natty, AJC, berecca, katie, tempus & tina - thx so much for ur kind words

Hi and hugs to everyone else - what's bday buddy up to while in her TWW?

Default In the 2WW

Hi everyone,

I think I am officially in the 2WW. I had real trouble pinpointing O this month as I had constant pains for a week. I had a low hormonal drop on Saturday, then Sunday my Cervix was still open and soft but today it is closed and hard. So I assume I O'd either Saturday night or yesterday, assuming cervix probably takes 24 hours to close again? I am going with 1dpo anyway?!? Our cut-off to TTC a girl was Friday morning, so we are probably in with a good chance of conceiving this month still This has to be my month, I'd love a little Sagi girl (or boy if that's the way nature intends it)!!

Berecca - Congratulations hun! Sending you

Katiegirl - good luck with scan. 6 weeks is apparently the point where they should be able to see something, but it will probably depend when you O'd.

Tina - I wish I had some words of wisdom here. It's really hard in these situations. Maybe you can just go into it hoping that her will rub off on you!

Tempus - good luck tomorrow.

Bettyboop - where are you hun, don't leave us?

Tina - Actually Jodsan reminded me that that was my recent thinking too. All these people getting pg around me, gotta mean there's a helluva lot of babydust out there ready to settle on me. It's a lot easier than "all these ppl getting pg around me, they're all doing it on purpose just to spite me or they are just shoping off" - good one Jodsan, take care Tina

Tempus - good luck tomorrow. Sending lots of positive vibes your way.

Jodsan - good luck for the tww. I'm almost at the end of mine.. *sigh*

plc - I know what you mean about the 'pity the poor girl who had a m/c'. I'm the same, I try to make sure I have a smile on my face and pretend it's the furthest thing from my mind (even tho it's the only thing on my mind most of the time).

Kategirl - hope all went well. I went for an ultrasound at 6 weeks last pg and we saw the little 'flicker'. It was one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen. Sending positive vibes anyway - your appointment is probably over by now but

Is it just me but has anyone noticed the baby boom??? I have never seen so many pg people or people with newborns lately. I went shopping today to cheer myself up and saw so many pg or recently pg people I got depressed and came home. I know these people may have gone though a heap of crap to have their bit of happiness too but it feels like I have some cosmic sign above my forehead saying 'not pregnant - rub it in'.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast