Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Trying to Conceive after Late Loss/Recurrent Miscarriage/Stillbirth ~ March 09

Default championships sloven

Quote Originally Posted by Teagz View Post
    loving an angel baby is the most unconditional love in the world. x
    What a lovely thought. Thanks!

xx Bec.

Hey girlies,

So much happening ATM!! Today I found out that my very good friend's Pop had another stroke (he had one a week ago) but this time it's beyond help and they're taking him off all meds and also his insulin which will send him into a coma. Such devastating news
    Then another friend called to say her mum has only a few days left to live, a couple of weeks tops, she has cancer. I thought please, let there be some good news!!
    Then........ a friend I work with, who has been off for almost 3 months now on long service leave, rang today to say she's preggers!!! It just made my day. She did her first fresh IVF cycle 3 months ago, and got pg on her firts try. She is my age and had lots of issues with endo and a m/c last year, so I was just so happy for her.
    What a day!!!

Dee, wishing you the stickiest bubbie in the world tomorrow, I have everything crossed for you my love

Megan, I hope AF stayed away, but if she didn't, don't beat yourself up about it honey. Like I've always said, there is always next month, and I know you don't want to hear it, but believe me sweetie, your turn WILL come and then we'll be cheering you on from here to the moon because we care so much about you

Diana, thanks sweetie! So good to hear your results are great, I knew they would be! I will keep my fingers and everything else crossed for you for next Friday hunni

Nae, I hope your app. went well today sweetie. I will be thinking of you on Nikita's birthday hun, big hugs

Bec There will be lots of reminders of our little angels. They should be here with us
    wishing you lots of sticky vibes in this cycle, get busy hun !!!

Teagz, hang in there sweets, I know all will be well with your next scan. I know it's hard not to be anxious! Way to go with the bigger vehicle!!! You'll have to fill it now with lots of kiddies!!

Hi Jo, good to hear from you hun, I hope the boobie monster is keeping you busy!!

Hi to everyone else, the weekend is almost here, hooray!

Love B xxx

Hi Girls,

Well AF did show up today so not feeling so great . I didn't expect it to take this long. Thanks Beata for your kind words. Will do personals later.

Dee, all the best for tomorrow hun.

Megan I am sorry that witch showed her ugly face this month hun, there is no sight uglier than she...

Dee I hope your transfer went well today and little one is a super super sticky one

Hello to everyone else - hope you are doing well and will be back over the weekend for more persies.

Hi all,

That's too bad Megan

I'm worried about our chances this month before we've even begun. DH Steve came home last night complaining of pain in his upper body. He's been to the doctor's today and had a chest x ray. No results until monday. Anyway if he's in pain I can't see him agreeing to sex today or tomorrow then our first month TTC will be gone

I'm not happy at all. Sometimes I wonder if I'm only meant to be the mum of one living child. Luca took almost a year to conceive, then we lost him at 35 weeks, and now I have a luteal phase defect and an out of action husband!

xx Bec.

Just want to link you to some poems I have posted...
    I will be away for about a week from Sunday. I have been really unwell for a few months now and I am having a hysterectomy... I will be around until Sunday but while I have a moment just wanted to let you all know...
    If you click HERE you can read the few poems...

Megan, big hugs sweetie Hang in there hun, I pray it hoppens for you next month, how good would it be if we got preggers together!!!

Dee, I hope your transfer went smoothly and you're on your way to a beautiful BFP soon

Bec, I hope your hubby is OK. Isn't is ironic how it all goes to shi* sometimes when the big O is happening but nothing else is????!!! I hope you can still get jiggy with it this cycle, but if not, I'll keep everything crossed for you next month!

Love Bxxxxxxxx

Flowerchild, I am so sorry to hear you've been unwell. Big hugs hun & I'm thinking of you
    Beata xxxx

Hi everyone

Sorry I haven't posted for a while... have been feeling a bit down with M's Day approaching and then yesterday my ISP went down just after I got home from work :-(

I feel like I have missed so much in here in the last few days. Am trying to keep up but have had a headache for about 3 days now and am having trouble concentrating. Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say to everyone. I am thinking of you all.

Dee, hope your transfer went well Wishing you lots of
    Megan, sorry to hear that AF has arrived. Maybe you, Beata, Bec and I will all be pg together - how cool would that be? (Does anyone say cool anymore, or just me? )
    Flowerchild, so sorry to hear that you have been unwell and yet you have soldiered through it all to continue to support us. You're a champion. I hope the surgery goes smoothly and your recovery is quick. I can't imagine what it must be like to face having a hysterectomy, yet you sound so strong (as always). Take care of yourself hun.
    Diana, congrats on the low risk results.
    Nae, hope your appointment went well.
    Bec, I know what you mean. I wanted a girl too, but I know we would have loved a boy just as much, and have worked through the guilt of what I thought (I think). We just wanted a healthy baby to love... one day hopefully
    Teagz, I know the next scan seems like aaaggggeeessss away, but I'm sure all will be fine. And well done on the trade-in on your DF's ute!
    A big hi to everyone else.

AFM, went to the chiro today. Lots of adjustments needed - seems my body is still recovering physically but am feeling much better, apart from the headache that is! Hopefully a good night's sleep will fix that. Am busy charting and temping and checking CM. Taking EPO seems to have made a huge difference to my quantity of CM, which I am hoping is a good thing. I am really hoping that my ob's comment that "pg begets pg" will be true for us and that we get our BFP very soon!

Take care all and be gentle with yourself on Mother's Day.
    Cheryl xo

Hi all,

TTC is officially underway. Last night was BD time. Should ovulate tomorrow which might make mothers day somewhat bearable. Happy to say that even conception sex is romantic with DH. I managed not to cry afterwards even though I was thinking that we would be conceiving with love and that Luca was conceived in love and he wasn't here....

Luca would have been 4 months old yesterday. I love that age

Love and gentleness to everyone for tomorrow. I have a SIDS and Kids newsletter which has some lovely thoughts for mothers day. I'll start a thread in Miscarriage, Stillbirth & Loss of a Child and post some of it. I've asked DH to write me some memories of my pregnancy and Luca's birth as a gift.

xx Bec.

Hello Everyone,

Bec, I'm glad that you were able to get the ttc underway after all I really hope that you get a BFP on the first month

Dee, I hope everything went well on Friday. Take care of yourself and rest a lot. When do they do the bt? Really praying this is it for you hun

Cheryl, I read that you can fall pg easier after being pg as well, so I hope this is the case for you. I waited for a couple of months before trying again, perhaps I shouldn't of. All the best.

Flowerchild, I am so sorry to hear that you have been unwell and need to have a hysterectomy. I hope that everything goes smoothly and there are no complications. Take care of yourself

Beata, I certainly hope that we both get preggers next month, it has to be our turn surley

To our preggie mummas, did it take longer for you to get pg after your loss? It took me 3-months the first time and I am now on month 6 and nothing. Feeling very down about it and concerned that maybe something isn't right. Did anyone else go through this with a subsequent pg? Thanks.

Just popping in to wish Flowerchild the very best of luck for tomorrow!!

xx Bec.

Quote Originally Posted by Berry1 View Post
    To our preggie mummas, did it take longer for you to get pg after your loss? It took me 3-months the first time and I am now on month 6 and nothing. Feeling very down about it and concerned that maybe something isn't right. Did anyone else go through this with a subsequent pg? Thanks.

Berry, Have you tried seeing a naturopath? I really think if it wasn't for mine just getting my body baack in general healthy again I wouldn't be pg now. And the beauty of them is they stimulate all your bodies natural devices, and they're out of your system quick smart. Even after the first month of taking the herbs I noticed a huge increase in my EWCM during O time.
    Otherwise, are you married? Because organising a wedding really helps to keep your mind off things and then things just happen witout you realising
    I really hope you get your BFP soon hun, YOu've been so patient

Berry - it took me 4 months from when I went off the pill to fall in with bub 1 then after we lost that one it was straight away with Nikita. We were told to wait 6-9 months after my c-sec with her and as you know I fell in with bub 3 in dec but lost it in Jan then fell in in Feb with this beanie.

I guess for a lasting pregnancy then I can answer yes it has taken me a while to get to this point.

I think you should see your GP or Gyn/Ob and discuss it with them. There may not be an underlying problem but is better to know than to keep trying to conceive with no result iykwim.

Big hugs

Best of luck today Flowerchild we'll all be thinking of you.

To everyone else,

Wishing you all a wonderful mothers day. It wil be a day highly charged with emotion for all of us and I hope you all take very good care of yourselves. Perhaps light a candle for your little angels or visit a special place, just do whatever you feel you need to.

I decided to work today so I can be pre occupied for bulk of the day but I will sit in Nikita's memorial garden tonight and light a candle as a tribute to my 3 little angels and to myself. I am a mother of three beautiful babies and though I cannot squeeze them and look lovingly into their eyes, I hold all three in my heart and carry their spirit with me every single day Iof my life and I will get my chance to hold them when we meet again.

Much love to all
    Nae x x

Not quite the same because not after loss, but we took 2 weeks to conceive Eliana and almost a year to conceive Luca. So I've had a huge difference between my two times TTC. I guess you are probably charting already? That helped me pick up problems the second time around - at first I wasn't ovulating, then I had a luteal phase defect - so I was able to fix things up (cut down my daughter's breastfeeds and took herbs).

xx Bec.

Thank you for your replies, it is so nice to know that you can ask a question here and that people will respond if they can

Teagz, I have thought about seeing a naturopath as it seems to have helped a number of you. I am going to see how this next month goes and if that fails will probably see someone then.

Bec, if you don't mind me asking how did you know you had a 'lutuel phase defect'? My cycles have been much shorter since I had Jasmine. They were 28-30 days long and have been about 25 days since. I wasn't charting when ttc for Jass, but am now and my lutuel phase's have been about 11 days. I am wondering if this may be a problem? Anyway my last cycle was 27-days and luteal phase 14-days, which I am hoping is a good sign that things may be returning to normal, hence why I will wait one cycle before seeing anyone. It's amazing that you fell pg after one cycle with your DD then it took 1 yr with Luca. I pray your ttc journey is short this time as well hun

Nae, you have really been through it you poor love. Here I am winging and you have been trying to have a healthy bub for quite a while now. I really pray this little one continues to stick nicely for you and you deliver a healthy baby at full term It is a lovely gesture to light a candle for your three beautiful babies

Flowerchild, I hope you are doing ok hun. Beside the phycial aspect, I am sure it is a very emotional thing to go through. We are all thinking of you.

Beata, I hope you are well. Not long now for your transfer, can you believe it! Do you have any dates locked in yet?

Dee, I hope you are feeling ok. Keep resting up hun. Praying for some good news

Diana, I hope you are feeling well. It doesn't feel like long ago that we were all wishing you well with your transfer and here you are with beautiful bubs on the way. I am sure that this will be you too very soon Dee & Beata.

Hi Lan, always thinking of you.

Praying for a big down pour in BFP's this coming month

Bec, if you don't mind me asking how did you know you had a 'lutuel phase defect'? My cycles have been much shorter since I had Jasmine. They were 28-30 days long and have been about 25 days since. I wasn't charting when ttc for Jass, but am now and my lutuel phase's have been about 11 days. I am wondering if this may be a problem? Anyway my last cycle was 27-days and luteal phase 14-days, which I am hoping is a good sign that things may be returning to normal, hence why I will wait one cycle before seeing anyone. It's amazing that you fell pg after one cycle with your DD then it took 1 yr with Luca. I pray your ttc journey is short this time as well hun
    Hi Berry, I have a great book - Taking charge of your fertility by Toni Weschler.

I knew about the luteal defect because I had spotting between ovulation and AF. That means not enough progesterone (as does LP being too short).

The book says normal length is 12 to 16 days. She says anything under 10 days could be a serious problem. 10-11 days could be borderline. But the month before I fell pregnant with Luca my LP was only 9 days.

I took vitex that last month while TTC Luca. It's a herb that regulates hormones. I fell pregnant the next month. Am taking it again now. A natural fertility practitioner gave it to me but I noticed that Blackmores now have it - saw it in the chemist. The usual dose is 1000mg/day. This time I'm also taking B6.

HTH. Bec xx

Just did a quick 'google' on lutuel phase defect. One article said that a woman's lutuel phase should be longer than 10-days otherwise it cannot sustain a pregnancy. It went on to say that some doctors believe that it can be a problem if the luteal phase is under 12-days. This would then apply to me. In 5-months only my last cycle was over 12 days. Cause is lack of progesterone, but it can be easily fixed. Natural ways are B6 tablets or progesterone cream. Will look into this further. Thought it was worth posting this as a follow-up as it may help someone else as well.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast