Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/ Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the First Trimester

Hi guys!

Mel - I am so sorry to hear about your friends neice and her babies. I don't know too much about premmie bubs, but my mums friend had a baby born at about 24 weeks and I am pretty sure I remember that at the time, they said she only weighed as much as a can of Coke. I will find out a bit more, but she is a happy healthy 9 year old now. I think she has a bit of a problem with her eyesight, but wears glasses and is fine. I do remember that she stayed in hospital until her due date. I hope everything works out and those bubs stay strong.

Tess - I understand that you may need some time away, but I just wanted you to know that when I joined this thread I wasn't sure if I was able to TTC yet either and the doctor told me 6 months too. ButI decided to stay here as I feel these girls here give me so much support,not just about TTC but everything and I hope to be here when they all get their BFP's and I get mine. So please come back whenever you feel like it even if you are not quite ready to TTC. I think hearing about everyones journeys and hopefully pregnancies can help you when you do get pg.

Hello to everyone else!!

Oh Deb - That is fantastic... CONGRATULATIONS

I am so happy for you and I agree with Spring, you will hold this baby in your arms while he/she screams their little lungs out at you - and it will the best sound in the world!!!! Look after yourself and your bean, and dont stress about the HPT you know what they are like. Oh and I liked you booby sign LOL

To everyone else, thank you so much for today. I dont know this mum personally but as I said her aunty is a really good friend of mine and she was obviously fairly distraught when I spoke to her. And also, it just breaks my heart to think of those poor little boys.

As for me, I am preparing myself for tomorrow... Tomorrow is our big day, we are going to the cemetary at 2pm to work out what we are going to do with Nicholas' ashes. We are 99% sure we are going to bring him home and buy him a beautiful (unbreakable) urn to sit on top of our piano. I am really nervous and dont know what to expect, but I will survive it, just like all of us have survived the hurdles in our lives. I am looking forward to having him at home where he belongs, but I am a bit scared about the emotions it may bring up. With any luck, it will help ease some of the emotions I have been feeling.

Spring - I hope you have a lovely weekend with DH and give my love to lil Spring.

Take care everybody,

Mel

P.S. Oh and one last time - Deb, I am so excited for you :-D

Spring - I just noticed your friend signed Nicholas' guest book. Pass on my thanks, it was a really beautiful thing to do and she seems like such a caring person. She put a lump in my throat

Oh Deb The most wonderful news in ages! You are going to be holding that bub and October is not that far away! I wish I could just reach in give you a big cuddle I am just so happy for you and DH and the Family.........I to have tears of utter happiness. And yes Iam slapping your wrist for thinking like that so stop right now!!!!

What the differnace between clexcane and fragmin? Oh im just so happy!!!!!

Now I have forgoten all the post and have to go back to read again So if I dont get back as my 6 nephews & nieces (& the parents!) are come for a BBQ today thats why, and not because I dont love you or anything just time is running short and food shopping must be done!

So I hope your day is good to you and DEB IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU once again

Deb I am so happy for you - congratulations!!!!!! What exciting news to start the weekend. I have goosebumps and my heart is racing - it is just so exciting. You will have that little bub in your arms in no time - or will it be little bubs (maybe twins ) Wishing you all the best - spread some of the baby dust to the rest of us!!!

Nat - thank you so much for yesterday. You are the most amazing person, so beautiful inside and out. I hope you had a nice dinner last night and have fun with all those people today!

Mel - I hope everything is going ok with the little bubbas. My thoughts are with them and their families. I will be thinking of you today at 2pm. It will be an emotional day for you but I know how strong you are. It must be a nice feeling to finally be bringing Nicholas home. I think you will find it so comforting to have him with you. Give him a big hug from me. Big hugs to you and DH also.

Spring - hope the cleaning went ok and you are enjoying your time with DH. I hope the weekend doesn't go to fast for you. Your friend is beautiful. She has left a lovely message on Cooper's website. Please feel free to read it. I received an email to say that she had left a message - would she mind if I replied to let her know how much it means to me?

Bailey - thanks for the number for the SIDS support group. I will call them on Monday and hopefully I get accepted!

I went out for dinner last night for my sister's birthday and I felt so nauseous all night (bloody meds!!!). I haven't been sleeping very well lately so I was really tired too. Anyway this morning, DH told me that he had a dream that I did a hpt and it had 2 lines. I know that I am not feeling too good because of the meds but I thought 'what if', what if my thermometer was broken and it was giving me the wrong temps and what if the opk were all wrong (knowing that I was just being silly!) anyway I did a hpt and BFN. Which I knew it would be, but hey it doesn't hurt to do one so why not. And I'm a test junky and just can't help myself.

Hope you are all well and having a nice weekend.

That's 2 down who's next?????? I was starting to get a bit worried because more and more of us seem to be joining this thread but not too many of us are leaving. It is so great to hear about Deb and Spring, so hopefully there will be more BFP around here. But please don't leave us as I love having you two girls around.

Thankyou all for your good wishes. I am VERY cautious - the slightly lighter hpt the next day has thrown me for a bit. I *think* I saw a tiny bit of beige mucous this morning. So, I have made a pact. The toilet paper is going into the loo and I am not lookig from now on!
    I have cramping - which I have with all of my pregnancies but it ALWAYS worries you doesn't it? I am trying to push it all aside for now and just trust. Monday is my first hcg level and then anohter on Wednesday. If they look good then that's it for them. I would be feeling great if it wasn't for doing that second test! BLERGH!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Spring and I are just the beginning. We will all graduate and I do hope it is sooner rather than later for all of you beautiful women.

Mel: it is almost 4pm here, so I assume that you are home from the cemetary. I hope so much that it was ok for you. I too have walked in those steps and remember how I felt completely devastated and numb at the same time. I remember the lady asking me if I wanted a bag to put the ern in. A BAG????? What sort of mother puts her child in a Bag? I couldn't even answer her, I just walked out the door clutching my son and took him home. Once we were home, to be honest, I felt a sense of calm, well for a moment anyway. I hope that today, as difficult as it would have been, has brought you some closure and peace. Thinking of you babe, give that boy of yours a big sloppy kiss from me. Have you heard anything about the twin boys? I have been thinking about them and their family. As every minute of every day passes, that can only be a good thing. I day closer to coming home.

Flowerchild: I am going to tell you what you would tell me. That HPT are subject to so many factors and it may be that your urine was a little more diluted, or that the test was exposed the urine for a shorter period. So I for one can't wait until you get so really impressive, steaily increasing HCG levels early next week. I am so envious of your new toilet paper pact. I sit there like an obsessed maniac and try to read my toilet paper like a gypsie would read tea leaves

Lynn: I am sorry you feel nauesous and that you got a BFN. Hey, I know that you don't hold out much hope this month but stranger things have happened. I hope dinner at your sisters was nice and that you feel a bit better shortly. Huge *get better* vibes coming your way.

Dream: Wow, 6 nieces and nephews and their parents, your house must be crazy today. I love big BBQ's, such a nice chance to relax, catch up with family and friends and eat really yummy food. The other awesome bit is the left overs like potato salad and pavlova. Yummo. I hope you are ok honey and that you had a lovely time with your friends and family.

Bailey: That is amazing that your friend's baby survived after being born the size of a coke can. It astonishes me the things that medicine can do. It can't help all of our babies but it is a blessing when it helps someones child.

DH is mowing at the moment and then we are going to have tacos for dinner and watch Boytown. I got my hair cut today (just a trim mind you) and I don't like it so I am having a bit of a sook. The hairdresser was really nice but spent more time talking then concentrating on my hair. She had just got married and asked me if I had any children, I feel like I can't deny Harrison so I said, yes, I had a son who was stillborn. She sort of went a bit quiet after that. I also had a really bad dream last night, I don't remember the exact details but the theme of it was 'it's happening again'. I posted to Clare last night and put in some details about what was wrong with Harry so it was on my mind. It was quiet upsetting so all in all I am in a bit of a whingy mood. Oh well, I am so happy to have DH here to give me TLC so I am going to make the most of it. He goes back tomorrow

Kerry, Mish and Tess and anyone else I have missed.

Have a great Saturday night my sweetie pies

Luv Spring

Flowerchild, I meant to mention that I was crampy, felt just like AF was coming, for about the first two weeks. I also had lower back pain until about 7 weeks.

Oh and don't forget ladies, Clare was the first one to graduate so it is time for some or and hope that we get some more soon.

Luv Spring

That's right, sorry Clare I forgot that you had graduated first. I haven't forgotten about you though - I think about you and splodge all the time and check up on you in the pg thread. Hope you are doing ok. :hugs:

Spring - hope you have a nice night with DH and that the m/s has gone. Spring it was just a dream well lets say nightmare and just know that nothing is going to happen to your little bean. You will have that little bubba in your arms before you know it. I know that it must be hard to stay positive (I know I will find it hard) but it is something that you need to do. Make sure you get lots of TLC from hubby while he is here. Take care of yourself.

Mel - hope you are doing ok babe. I know it will be a very emotional day bringing Nicholas home. I know how I felt and I guess one way to describe it is numb. I had so many emotions flying around it just made me numb. I just couldn't believe that I was bringing my son home......finally. But it just wasn't the way it was supposed to be. He should have been crying and pooing and all those things that we just wish for. It was just another thing that I couldn't believe that I was doing. Something I was not prepared for. Now I love having Cooper at home because I can talk to him whenever I want. I know that even when he goes to his garden at the crematorium I can still talk to him at home because he will always be around me and in my heart and dreams. Nicholas will be the same for you, he is always with you. I'm thinking of you today and sending you a huge Take care babe.

OMG Spring! Look at your ticker - 10 weeks! Wow, it is going so fast. Before you know it, you will have your little bubba. Big hugs to you and lil' Spring :hugs:

Spring - I know what you mean about not denying Harrison. The same thing happened to me the other day when I had my BT. The man asked me if I was trying to fall pg (why it mattered to him, I don't know!!!) anyway I said yes and he asked if it was first. I thought about it and said no, it will be my second. I was so proud of myself for being able to say to a stranger that I had a baby but I wasn't prepared for next question - how old. I didn't know whether to lie but eventually I said, he was stillborn. He apologised so much but I just couldn't say it is ok or anything because I thought if I open my mouth I am just going to burst into tears. I did when I got the car. I think it is a nice feeling that we can acknowledge our angels to complete strangers. They are usually the ones that feel more uncomfortable than us.

Sorry I am being a bit of a post hog today. I probably could have put them all in one post but I'm just not thinking

Mel I am thinking of you and Nicholas. I can only imagine the emotions you are feeling. Sending all of my love

It's time for a new thread gorgeous women. You will find it HERE

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678