Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: TTC after Stillbirth/ Recurrent Miscarriage or Loss after the First Trimester

Bailey

I hope you feel better soon - it is crap i know and i know how much you wanted a bub before xmas - that in itself is a challenging task for anyone i must say - i mean the pressure has been on for all of us. I also wanted you to be pg with me so we could have our bubs on the same day (cause now that they put my dates back we could have been day for day - how funny would that have been). You will feel better - this was just another hurdle and a bloody high one at that - it just sucks doesn't it.

I do have the Maybe Baby in my handbag but it doesn't work - the batteries are either flat (wow that didn't last long) or it is damaged (from DD playing with it) but have a go anyway - and pls remind me when i see you next as i am bloody hopeless remembering things these days (years really).

ok i am off to bed now really i am

Thanks Tommysmum,
    It is a stupid deadline I had put on myself. Stupid christmas!! I think it was just that last christmas was so fake and forced for DS's sake. And for everyone else around me's sake) so I just had this dumb dream that if I can just have a little one by this christmas it would make me feel better. I know deep down that is not the case and I will never be 'better' but I just put too much pressure on myself about it, so it is just so dissapointing. Oh well. I will just have to jump poor dh's bones all month. Thanks for the Maybe Baby. I'll try the batteries.

Hey, I just have a question for the medical team (Deb and Nat) Since Asha died and I got my period back, I have had 3 cyles, one at 36 days, 34 days and then 44 days. Even before they have always beeen between 30 and 35 days. I just read online that travel can sometimes affect your cycle. Have either of you heard that before? My whole body sometimes plays up when I go overseas, so I am not sure if my cycles are stuffed or it could just be a one off beacause of the disruption?? Any ideas? I am just wondering if I should go and see someone about it. I am not overly worried, I just don't want to waste months and months ttc if there is something wrong iykwim.
    Thanks guys.

Hi girls!!

Bailey - after I had Caitlyn, my cycles were all over the shop (or so I thought!!) What was once a regular 28 day cycle was changing to 25 days ish. In the end, my body was VERY specific and just wanted the first day of my menstrual period on a Saturday (which is the day I menstruated from day one, except when I was on the pill ). Consequently, when my cycle reverted back to Saturday starts, I got pregnant. That took until the September. My EDD is the same day as Caitlyn's - a Saturday.

Travel can interrupt your cycles, but post partum can be a time of adjustment in your cycles as well. I guess it is worse when the cycles are longer and you are not sure what is going on. If you are worried, get it checked. But irregularity is not uncommon after giving birth.

Sending a big to everyone. I am following your paths closely and I am always around if you want to chat.

Good to *see* you in here Michelle! I have missed you...

I've been around Deb - just trying to deal with a few things. I posted in the other section. I'll send you an email

Hey gals,

Hope your all ok, sorry I havent been around for a couple of days - just gonna have bite to eat (veggie bake - yuuuuuum!) and then Ill come back and read up on everything I have missed.

Just wanted to say hi.

Mel

OK well I am back with a full tummy and a quickish post cause DH is nagging me to sit and watch Kokoda with him (not really up my ally but after everything that has been said recently I am trying to dedicate a little more "quality" time to him), so here goes....

Lynn - YAY your back tonight Hope you had a great holiday and cant wait to hear all about it. I am expecting you will be buggered when you get home so probably wont hear from you. Text me if your gonna be on, otherwise we can catch up tomorrow night.

Deb - Thats great your prog levels are good, thats gotta give you a little confidence... have you tested again as yet?

Spring - As per my text, glad to hear lil Spring is doing so well - and BTW are you gonna make me beg for pics? LOL

Klee - Will send you an email after this post

Bailey - Hope you are feeling better still, and that you get all the answers you need about your cycle. Definitely go the OPKs to help you out I reckon.

Chelle - Dont put too much pressure on yourself to be *happy-as-larry*, I think everyone understands it is stressful - just because you are nervous and scared doesnt mean you are not grateful for your pregnancy.

Tommysmum - So glad to hear your little bean is perfectly ok, I would have been as terrified as you I think. Its hard with little ones isnt it? They just dont understand the word 'careful'.

Kristee - Yeah Mother's Day is one day I have been fearful of lately, I just know what kind of emotions it will bring up and I just dont want to feel them all - I would rather not feel at all sometimes, life would be much easier.

Jo - Nice to hear from you again, hope you are doing ok and had a nice break.

Hi to everyone else, Alex, Michelle, Clare (havent seen her for a while) and anybody who I havent mentioned but is reading this, hehe.

All I have to report is that I did a HPT this morning with a BFN All of those symptoms I *thought* I had have gone away and now I am wondering if they were all in my head to begin with. I am due for AF Monday so I know it is still "possible" but after the BFN this morning I am not gonna get my hopes up too high. I think it would all be too good to be true, after 7 months of trying why should this month be any different!

Anyway, thats all from me - ciao for now!

Mel

morning ladies
    mel - it still might be too early to show up on HPT, fingers crossed for you. can i ask, and this can go for all the ladies did your pre AF symptoms change after pregnancy?
    spring and kristee - it is a little strange that there are a few of us with the same name going through this, its kind of scary. by the way i am with a k ending with ie, i am not hyphenated but my middle name is lee.
    biggest loser finale tonight ladies, am with you guys on the addiction to reality tv, i only got into it about half way through, around the time of Phoebe, i think it was probably more to do with feeling better about myself lol. have been banned from big brother though, i think its because if I get addicted DP knows he will too

just another question, we got a letter from the obstetrician at the hospital the other day saying there was no mention of it being the cord in the delivery notes, is that unusual? I mean I don't think the midwife would have said it was that had it not been true, but I'm just wondering

Hey everyone! I'm back. I missed you all so much.

Well the inj have started. DH is doing them for me because I just couldn't do it myself. He bruised me the first day but he is getting better at it now! Today is CD9 and I had a bt this morning so I am waiting anxiously for the results. I just hope my body is doing something. We had a nice, relaxing time away but it just felt like someone was missing. I just wish that this could have been Cooper's first holiday.

Deb - how is that 2ww going? I have been thinking about you. Stay positive and this will be your month! When is AF due?

Mel - how are you babe? I think it is still early to test. Please stay positive and you will get your BFP! :hugs:

Spring - thanks for the text. I was so excited to hear that lil Spring is going so well.

Bailey - welcome back! It felt like you were gone for ages. I'm sorry the witch turned up. I think it does help to chart. Have you looked at fertility friend on the web. It is a good website to help you chart and what to look for. I did OPK's, temps and maybe baby and checked CM. If you are worried about the difference in cycles maybe it would be worth seeing a FS.

Nat - thanks for your help re: meds while I was away! How are you going? How is your dad? Hope you are well

Tommysmum - I'm glad that your little bean was moving around down there. It must have been a scare when you saw the blood. I'm so happy that everything is going well. Thinking of you, DH and Tommy today on his 4 month birthday. Big hugs to you. Take care

Hi to Sarah, Klee, Jo, Chelle, Alex and anyone else that I may have missed.

luv & hugs
    Lynn
    xxxxxxxxxxxx

Klee - Was your ob there when Phoebe was delivered? I would ask him to check with the hospital. How have you been? I have been thinking of you

Hi everyone,
    Klee: For me pre AF symptoms are identical to pregnancy symptoms. It's the higher progewsterone that's the key. Usually it takes a ccouple of weeks for morning sickness to start (if you get it - I don't!). What cd are you on my love??? With regard to Phoebes birth. You can obtain your hospital notes from Freedom of Information. It will only cost the fee for photocopying (approx $20-30). I strongly advise you to get them and have someone with you if possible that has a nursing/medical background to decipher. Did the midwife at Phoebes birth state that it was a cord accident? If so it will be recorded in your notes. Was your obs there too? If you need any help Klee you can feel free to contact me.

Lynn: So glad to have you back... I missed you and have been thinking of you each day and wondering hwo those injections are going. Your DH is a sweetie for doing them for you. I have all crossed for lovely blood test results today.

Mel: it could be just a little too early to test my love. It would be great if we all had wonderful restraint and waited until 15dpo. Much less wondering, obsessing and less expense! I am not one of them either so I send you big :hugs: and it's not over yet okay!

Tommysmum I hope you are still on a big high after your wonderful u/s. There is nothing more gorgeous than that little heart beating back at you...

I have a meeting this afternoon and then the park with a friend and THEN footy training for Finn. So, I need to go and get organised.
    I am LOVING my new slow cooker - Thursday's are always hectic here and it's so nice to walk in the door at 6pm to dinner all but cooked! (Oh Lordy I sound like Martha Gardner - *she slinks off slightly embarassed!*)

It's time for a new thread before I go - you will find it here.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678