... 61415161718 ...

thread: 10wks pg with twins need some advice

Random Act of Kindness Recipient
    Add Baby Dreamtime on Facebook

Jul 2008
    Gold Coast

Best wishes for tomorrow Jen, I am sure it will all go fabulously, how exciting you get to meet your little boys, can't wait to hear your news. xx

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Oh Jenc I know everything will go smoothly for you I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Those are great names. Your baby shower sounded great prefect timing. I hope that neck of your fixes itself before tomorrow. Best of luck and pop back in when you can.

Argon I am also thinking of you can't believe you and Jen are at the end of your pregnancy journey and moving on to the next step. Good luck for today and tomorrow you are going to have your little girls in your arms soon

Miss Bella you are going to be the one that will make it to 38 weeks ok, hope everything is going well for you miss busy bee.

AFM had my scan yesterday I haven't spoken to my OB yet but I know what she will say. They sonographer doctor said that I might have to say to the end because of my little man is now in the 2% range he weighs 1083 and the big man is 1660 so nearly 600grms between the to. He said depending on my OB we will have to pull them out soon in the next week or 2 they are not worried about my cervix anymore but it is measuring .8mm still so it hasn't opened which is good. Im just waiting for my OB to come in and see what she wants to do.

Best of luck Jenc and Argon thinking of you both xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by azzrenae; September 8th, 2009 at 11:55 AM.

barney Guest

jenc best of luck for a beautiful day tomorrow.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

JEN....... I wish you all the very best for tom. Wow it's crept up quickly. I hope Hammish and Lachlan will one day appreciate the difficulties they caused.. ha ha . I hope they are both happy and healthy boys - you have done a wonderful job - i can't wait to hear all about it afterwards. I hope you get some sleep tonight it may be the last for a while Take care lovely xxxxxxxxxx

Azza - you make me laugh, i haven't been able to post as i stayed with a friend the last 2 nights who doesn't have the internet . How did you go with your ob? 600g difference that sounds like alot is it? I look forward to hearing what the plan is. I hope you and jen are right and i last a long time although just between us i can't imagine my belly being able to expand a further 12 weeks - i'm so uncomfortable by night time the only relif i get is lying down sitting is killing me!

Argon - i am also thinking of you hope your induction is going well and i can't wait to hear all about your delivery!!! Best of luck!

Well I have been busy since DH left me.... he is still away and my god i miss him like crazy. I never anticipated i would be this emotional - the fact i'm pregnant probably doesn't help but lets just say it will never happen again . I spent the week with mum - my goodness she drove me mad!!!!! She meant well but i think i just need my own bed, house, recliner and have my beautiful dog bella with me - so i am at home now just pottering about. Mum did stay here over the weekend and we did heaps of spring cleaning well my mum and sisters did while i directed haha!!
    The boys are kicking and moving i feel great - other than fat and very uncomfortable but nothing else happening. I have my next scan and appt on Friday it's my first appt without DH. I also have my glucose tol test so that should be interesting.

Well i may be on my own in this forum shortly

Take care lovely ladies and i can't wait for updates!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBella

Jan 2009

Argon, same prayers ascending for you too!

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi Bella, I really really hope you don't have GD it is a pain in the butt it is harder to control when you are carring twins because the placenta is so big but in my case when I get the steriod injection once a week it goes out the window because its fill of sugar and it last for about 5-6 days its really doing my head in.
    Good on you for getting your mum and sister to spring clean your house get it all done now, how are you going with baby shopping if you got everything. I see you are nearly 26weeks thats great. Can wait to hear about you scan on friday.

I spoke to my OB today and she has booked me in for 2 ultra sounds Thursday and Monday to check the dopplers she will let me know after each scan what she thinks so it just a waiting game now obviously I would like them to stay in as long as they can but its not up to me and I will be here till the end which doesn't both me. OB is very happy that I have made it this far lets see if can make it a little bit further.
    Oh I forgot to say my dad has brought us a pram its a Maclaren and it came with everything so now I think I have the main things anything else I can get after the boys are born.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Good morning ladies,

Jen and Argon - i hope your deliveries went well and that jen your boys and argon your girls are here safe and happy... can't wait to hear!

Azza - good luck for your scan today - i have been talking alot to my boys about sharing the nutrients and have been your little one has had a growth spurt! Hopeing everything is ok - can't wait to hear.
    I to hope i don't have/get GD - i am just having the challange test GCT not the tolerance test GTT apparently if this comes back high i go on to do the long one - apparently i don't even need to fast for this one but i think i better ring up today and double check. Hope your not going to insane - you are doing such a wonderful job!

AFM - i'm waiting for the oven man to come and fix my oven! It's been broken for about 12+ months - it works but only on one temperature and it's hottest at the back so you have to keep turning everything around - it's one of those jobs i have been putting off but what better time! Then i think i might pop down to target - they have a baby sale started yest - i need some mattress protectors for the cots and i think i might put some baby monitors on layby - the angel care sound and movement one is on special $139 usually $200, and i'm also thinking about an electric bottle steriliser - actually maybe i'll wait on that one not sure if i need?? I think i have plently of clothes and things so i think i'm pretty much covered. Anyway enough rambling i have my scan tom can't wait!

Take care

xxxxBella

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi Ladies

I hope everything went well with your deliveries Jenc and Argon hope your little buddles are doing well. Please give them a big cuddle from us belly girls.

Bella I didn't know there was a target sale on I might get DH to check it out. With the GCT you don't have to fast only but with the GTT you have to book it in for the morning as you do have to fast for that one. Hope your oven got fixed today or did he have to send away for parts that will take 2 weeks to get there Hope you scan goes well tomorrow.

AFM I went on a tour of the NICU today and it was a bit of an eye opener there was a set of twin in there that were delivered at 27 weeks they were so tiny I also saw a baby that was the size of my little man and the size wasnt such a shock it was still tiny but I think it help me to get an idea of how he will look if they did come soon. Now as for my scan not sure what happen but the sonographer was finding it hard to get the dopplers for the little ones cord she went out of 20mins then came back in and had to remeasure his cord again she said that there are 2 tubes in the cord and 1 is flowing normal and the the other 1 is flowing high im not sure what that means but I if there was a problem im sure my OB would of called. I will keep you posted.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Hello everyone,

Quick update - scan went well - twin 1 had put on about 200g twin 2 not as good - i can't remember exact weights but it put twin 2 still in 30%tile so they arn't concerned. I will remain on fortnightly scans to keep an eye on him but my ob wasn't worried. Fluid levels good and flow through the umbi cords all good. BUT - my bp was up again so i have to go back next week for another check if it's still up then further bloods and urine required. I did however get some good news that my glucose challange test was perfect so no need for the full one and no GD for me . So all in all a pretty good appointment - i find it very interesting my bp always comes down by the end of the consult so i don't think it's truly elevated at least thats what i'm praying!!

Hope everyone is well today i will pop back later...

xxBella

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi Miss Bella that great news you don't have GD yah. Tell your boys to shear, if your OB isn't to cncerned then thats a good thing 30% is still good. Hope that BP behaves itself. I sent my auntie off to target to get me some 0000 clothes as I only have a couple if they come early.

I spoke to my OB about my scan yesterday and she is worried about the little one cord flow she is thinking of pulling them out next week arrrrrh she said he is alright for now when I have my scan on Monday she will decided what to do then. I also spoke to the NICU doctor he told me what to expect when the boys come out and how long they may stay NICU wich was good know. I feel that I am mentally prepaired for it but once again its waiting waiting waiting but I will keep you posted I should know by Tuesday the latest.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Miss Azz - Good luck with your ob today - i hope you will finally get a definate plan either way. Thinking of you and will check in later

xxBella

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi ladies just an update from me.

Had scan today and I couldn't make anything out the boys are getting so big now that it is getting confusing they are both head up and flipped sides hmmmm. The sonographer was a quite one today some of them talk and talk and some are quite this one didn't give anything away. My OB popped in tonight and said that everything looks good and nothing much has changed from my last scan so she just wants to sit on it for now which is good, I know the longer they stay inside the shorter their stay will be in hossy but I wish I could go home for abit if the boys have to stay in

I better get some sleep for my busy day tomorrow.

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Oh Azz you are doing such a great job That's fantastic news that they can stay inside a bit longer - as you said everyday is a blessing now. I can't imagine how frustrating it must be for you to still be in hospital though esp with DD and DH at home but remember you will all be a big family together at home in no time. Keep it up lady - good job

AFM - i am so excited DH comes home today He is never leaving me again!!! I have been so emotional over the past few days - just what the doctor ordered with my unstable BP - but hey hopefully i will be nice and calm by Friday having had some quality time with DH.

Will check in later

xxBella

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Thanks Miss Bella, I am going to take each day as it comes now. I have a scan on Thursday so we will see what these little boys are up to then. its my DD 2nd birthday on the 25th but we are going to have a little party on the following Saturday I ask my OB if I could go for a few hours depending where we are with the boys of cause and she said YES

Yaaaahhhhh DH is home have you told him he's not allowed to leave again oooh what pressies did you get?

Apr 2008
    melbourne

Good luck with your scan today Azz, i'll be thinking of you - let me know when you can what the outcome is xxxxxxx

AFM - it's great having DH home - i got x2 pairs of fake desginer sunglasses, 2 wallets a pair of shoes and so cute he bought the twins a pair of martial arts shorts!!!

I'll check in later.

xxBeLLA

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Hi just an update on boys they are stable OB is very happy she is getting excited cause I might make it to 32 weeks which is were she wanted me to be before all of this happened.

Awesome pressie Bella hope your doing well when is your next scan?

Jan 2009

Azz that's great news - 'says the non pregnant stalker' - haha. I look for updates here every day. 32 weeks is not far off, I think you'll get there no probs. I will be tuning in to RPA next week, as a twin mummy is having her bubs delivered early due to umbilical cord tangling.
    Anyway, glad to hear all is well.

Jun 2008
    Adelaide

Smile

Ausgirl yes I will be watching it on wednesday to I was abit annoyed that they had split it into 2 stories but can't wait to see what the out come is. Thanks for popping in

... 61415161718 ...