Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: General Discussion ~ Twins & More #4

Hi Cathie,

Yes I have the same problem. My twins are nearly 9 and half months old now and it is getting a bit better. My son is fine as he can get around the whole house either crawling or walking along the walls and seems to entertain himself. My daughter is yet to crawl and at the moment I have noticed she is getting very frustrated watching him. I spend alot of time on the ground with her as she does get bored only being able to roll. The best thing I have found for her and she only gets to spend a small amount of time in it, is a round play centre that I brought from target that she can stand up in. She loves being in it and her brother spends a lot of time standing up next to it, so they can play or argue with toys together.

Nadine

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey all. I dont get much time to log on anymore....twins are 1 and into everything!!! I do remember that stage of trying to occupy them before they started getting about....I used 2 stand/sit play tables aswell as their older siblings haha! They hate them now because they dont want to be confined! I used to lay a blanket down and surround them with toys that made sounds etc. Once they get moving though..there is no stopping them! Fun but full on! I have barriers, clips and locks on everything. LOL.
    My son was faster to move than his sister and this was frustrating for her because he used to take her toy and crawl away with it. Now she is just as mobile, it is time for revenge. Oh what fun!!!
    Take care all.
    Love Kim.

CathieW Guest

Thanks girls,
    We brought a couple of jolly jumpers last weekend and they are enjoying them, when they start bouncing it is sooooooooooo funny. My 3 year old just sits there and watches them. We also brought 2 swings for outside. Lets hope these new toys keep them busy for awhile.
    Cathie

CathieW Guest

HI girls,
    Happy Multiple Birth week.
    Cathie

Hello ladies

I just found this thread, I'm not sure how though, I find this website very confusing!!
    I'm 20 weeks preg with Identical twin girls, I just found out the sex yesterday and am still buzzing about the news! We have a 5 year old son and our household is very boy orientated at the moment, so I was absolutely overjoyed to find out I'm having two little princesses. I was a blubbering mess all afternoon yesterday breaking down into tears everytime I thought about them. We had a wonderful scan yesterday, although it was very long and drawn out, they spent 1 hour looking at each baby, I thought I was going to pee myself right there on the bed! But everything was looking good, so that's good to know. It's very interesting reading about all your experiences of bringing up two bubs and will be taking notes.

Kezza
    x

Hi Girls,

Well Just have a question re school age twins. Do I put them in the same class or split them up?????? They dont start prep till 2011 but just want to be organised.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

hi Lee
    Google Professor David Hay - he has spoken a lot on this topic.
    The Nepean Multiple birth club have a video on his conference speech too - check if your local club has a copy or I am sure you can still buy it.

Thanks for that Trish

Live permanantly in Haiti. Originally from Lebanon. Visiting Australia for a few months.

Hi ladies
    I have just beenreading some of the past few posts and it struck my attention that 2 of u mentioned that your sons started to get around before their sisters! Well this is exactly what'd happening to my twins. They r 8 months now and my son is moving around everywhere either by rolling or a military creeping thing he does. On the other hand my daughter will not budge! She will sit and play for hours ( not really hours) and not attempt to move. I try to put her on her belly and put something appealling close by. She'll try for a bit to get moving and then she just gives up. I know I shouldn't compare but I feel like she is way behind her brother in terms of development!! She's driving me nuts! How can I encourage her to move???

Would appreciate any advice!

Thanks
    Shereen

Hey Shereen

Please don't worry yourself, my son wasn't even sitting up by himself until 9 months old, he was just a contented child. Your daughter will start moving around in her own time. Like you say it's hard not to compare, but all kids are different, even twins. I would enjoy the peace while you can, cos when you have two on the move you will have your hands full!! lol

Hi Shereen

I was one of the people that mentioned my son is way ahead of his twin sister. My son started walking about a week ago and his sister only started to crawl about 3 weeks ago. The one thing that I did find was when she started crawling she was pulling herself up and furniture surfing within a couple of days, where he crawled at 6 months but it took him alot longer to do that. I can see her closing the gap between them every day and I think it will only be a couple of weeks and she will be walking. People keep telling me not to compare them, but like you mentioned it is hard especially when you are worried one might be falling behind.
    I found what got my daughter rolling was to put her on something soft. I had the doona off my bed one day and she just started to roll while she way laying on it. When I moved her back to the carpet she stopped. We then started laying a doona everyday on our loungeroom floor for her to roll on. It did take a while for her to get going but once she did she hasn't stopped.

Hi Girls,

I am so excited that my twins will be 4 next month.

Hi everyone!

I found this site while googling for breast pumps.

I'm 19wks preg with ID twins. It was a major surprise when I went for the date scan and the sonographer told me if I was expecting another baby!? He had to show me the other baby to ensure I saw there is two babies then he proceeded to check if they had 2 or one placenta and the membrane for the amniotic sac.

My DP was pretty shocked too and my daughter cried when she heard the news. I'll be having a review scan tomorrow for their hearts and spines check...hoping to find out the gender and if they are healthy and well...
    Last edited by Nelle; June 17th, 2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: changing text from purple, as per BB guidelines :)

Hobbes5 - Congrats on your Twin Pg.

Thanks Leanne...it's all so exciting. DH reckons I'm looking rather big especially I'm so tiny...and I'm only 19 wks pregs! Oh btw, we have same names for our girls and born same year too!

Hobbes5,

Wow same girls names what month was your daughter born. How old are your other kiddies?

Last edited by Nelle; June 17th, 2009 at 01:14 PM.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617