Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hanging in there!!

Oh yey Kim, not long to go now, woo hoo !! I hope you don't even have to hang out until tomorrow appointment. When I went into early labor with DS, I went to have a scan to measure my cervix length. Anyway a lady pregnant with twins went in before me, at around 37 weeks I think, anyway her waters broke on the U/S table. Needless to say I felt a bit ikky laying down on it after it was cleaned up. Fingers crossed for you it happens soon.

motherduck Guest

Hey Kim just checking in to see how you are.
    Hopfuly you are in hossy holding your bubbas I will be ofline for a few days so look forward to seeing an anouncement when i log on next best of luck.
    Jean

just checking to see how your going Kim

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Hey all. I am still here! I saw Dr yesterday and he said "if I were to deliver you today..it would be C section as the cervix is not favourable for natural labour" Both of the babys are trying to engage together, head nxt to head...not nice on the hips that is for sure! That is why there is just not enough pressure on the cervix to aid with enough dilation. He wants to see me on Tuesday but is hoping there is still a slight chance I may go into natural labour before then because an induction would not obviously help my [I]unfavourable cervix to dilate. This means I could have full blown contractions ( I have already had a few mild bouts) but no cervical dilation. I am 38 wks today. something to be pleased about! I made it to full term now I just have to get these stubborn critters out!!! At this stage it looks like a C section mid week. Stay tuned.... and thanx again everyone for your interest and inspiration, it means a great deal to me.

heres hoping you go into natural labour kim. sending labour vibes your way

Hoping you go into labour Kim, but no matter what you will get to see these beautiful babies THIS week!!

Hi there thanks for the update. Did the Dr say anything about trying to get one of the bubs to move over and let one settle into place?

ooooh Kim I have goosebumps for you...fancy both of them vying for the one position..My second twin is such a bossy boots I often say that if she could have pushed her sister out of the way she would have to be born first...LOL..
    Good luck Kim no matter what they will be arriving sometime this week..

Twins, how wonderful!! All the best for your fast approaching birth!

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Thanks all! Rosannah, I have a twin pushing down on each hip and they are head butting each other for pole position. They have run out of room and neither of them look like they intend to back down and politely let the other thru! The doc didnt say anything about attempting to move one?! On a huge positive...I will meet my stubborn little poppets this week!!! That thought will get me thru! Chat soon.

Hi Kim

I have been lurking in here watching your progress over the past few weeks. Wishing you all the best for the week ahead and I cant wait to hear the happy news. Not long to go now .

Best of luck

Amy76 Guest

Default Come on twins!

Hi Kim!

I'm on the edge of my seat awaiting news of the birth. I've been so busy nesting that I haven't logged on in a while and have read through this whole thread - hooly dooly!

I'm 29wks this Thursday (can you believe it?!) and the fact that you have made it to 38 wks has completely inspired me to have faith that I can make it past 36 wks too. I was late with Stella (41wks6days) and went into labour the day I was due to phone in for an induction...but because it's twins this time I have no idea what to expect. I would love for my body to do the natural thing again, but whatever the outcome, like you I just want to meet my little babies!

I understand also about the emotional thing too - I have cried twice today over completely stupid things (Stella bit my shoulder in a state of excitement and normally I would just brush it off but I bawled my eyes out because it hurt a little bit!)...

Kim, I wish you all the very best with the birth of your twins and the health of your family and thanks for being so informative and inspirational for those of us following in your footsteps!

Take care
    Amy

Hi Amy
    Congratulations too you as well joining the twin mummy club.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Talking

Wow! Goodstuff Amy! You have reached a huge milestone! I am feeling really anxious this morning..I see my dr at 1.30 today to be assessed! I dreamt weird surgical and birthing dreams all night (in the sleep that I got). Crazy how your subconcious mind plays with your head. I will be back on later today to fill you all in on the latest decision. If it was totally my decision...I want them born!!! Physically and mentally I have reached my limit. Lets see what dr has to say!

Kim I get excited ever time I see your post, I think here we go it's on. Well I hope tings go well today and that your cervix is opening up.

Goodluck for today Kim, hope things go your way

Goodluck at your appointment Kim. I still can't get over what an amazing job you have done. Look forward to reading your report back, fingers crossed it's good news.

Kim McManus-Smith Guest

Red face

Well...Things have come along since my last visit on Saturday. Although Dr tried to break my waters today unsuccessfully, he sure gave it a good go and since then I am pretty sure part of my mucus plug has come away! I have been feeling alot of cervical pain and pressure. I just hope it keeps coming this time. It looks like I get another chance to try for natural labour because the boy has slipped down further If I have not gone by myself by Thursday morning, Dr will put me in hospital and use gel and break my waters. Thanks for all your thoughts everyone, I really appreciate your interest One thing is for sure...this is the week tomorrow is my parents wedding anniversary and Thursday is Valentines day. Cool. Stay tuned.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast