Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

I thinkt he use steroids anything under say 34/35 weeks. They reckon that full term is around 36 weeks onwards, and most won't let you go much past 38 weeks.

My two were born at 31 weeks and that was scary. They were on EBM for ages. MY son's first feed of EBM via gavage was two days later, and he was on 4mls every three hours. They do however over time, let you gavage feed them. They also gave them both booby time from the start even though they wern't feeding. good for me and them. And kangarro care is awsome for both you and the kids, so if you have a chance find out if they encourage it.

They sucking reflex kicked in at around 33/34 weeks, and were taken off gavages, around 35 weeks.

One thing i would do different but was if you intent to breast feed, insist on them not getting any bottles of EBM. DD got used to the bottles, and in the end, i was expressing even after they came home. I expressed for over 9 months every three/four hours. God i hated that machine. DS was ok on the boob (typical of a boy) . So best to have you opinion stated from the start. Also they were on such a measured amount that when i came home and popped them on me they drained me in and then had a bottle of ebm of the amount that they were getting in hospital.

My SIL twins were born at 36 weeks first set, and 371/2 week second set. He first set spent a couple of days in SCU but could visit her, and her second set went straight to her room.

if you have any other questions about anything, please just drop me a line.
    What hospital are you having them at?
    Take care odette

*Yvette* Guest

Thanks girls! Odette I'm having them at Birralee (Box Hill Hosp) unless I crack the poos with them.

Have put up the link to the twins website now in my signature if anyone's bored enough for that much detail, lol. Angus' website is still on the www button.

They're starting to kick and wiggle heaps now, & I look full term. Will get DH to take photos this weekend to compare with my full term pg photos with Angus. We've been given a free cot, will have to scrounge up one more as Anugs will still be in his, and one more bassinette. I see some eBay time coming up. I think we'll get another little rocker too, maybe one of those ones that vibrates or swings to help settle them.

Suggestions from you experienced twins mums on what gear is great & what not to bother with?

juzzy7 Guest

Yvette, I'd definately get the swings. I never got them for my girls & so regret it as I think it would've calmed them & gave me peace for some of the day.

Take any offers of help you can. I'm stubborn & hated asking for help, still do, but take it, take it, take it.

That's all I can think of at the moment. HTH

Yvette.. yay ive been waiting for the twins to get a website I read some of the info, but my brain is so fried.. ill read the rest later.. Are we gonna get some belly pics? (of you looking full term already? ) I can just imagine ppl in the street saying: oh your gonna have a baby real soon.. and getting to reply.. nah its years away yet.. lol

(anyway.. im babbling...)

K

Yvette,
    My top picks for products were the swing, rockers that they can sit up in and sleep in, a nappy wrapper, and a baby bjorn for those times when one just won't settle..

i would also start buying nappies as they come on special. I was going through around 150 per week when the kids first came home. I have also heard of people requesting nappies as a entry fee for seeing the new bubs when people ask if you want/need anything for the bubs. I found that I didn't really use a portacot much as if we went anywhere we took the rockers.

I wishes that I had put our two in capsuals rather than car seats. Saves waking them getting them in and out, and mine were soo tiny that they looked lost in the car seats.
    Those head wraps things are also good for keeping their head from falling.

What type of pram have you got/getting?

I have heard really good things about box hill and know a few mums that have had twins and singles there. My friend had her twins natural there two with just a epidural. Have you thought of a backup hospital if you go before 34 weeks. Can highly recommend Frances Perry if needed as they have a level 5 nursery in Womens and its close to the RCH.

enjoy those kicks!!
    odette

*Yvette* Guest

Well the preggy photo is up, and I don't actually look quite as big as the one taken 2 weeks before Angus was born (see Angus' website). I look bigger in a shot that's more side on, but I chose this one coz I look nicer. Will try to take one every week now.

Thanks for the suggestions girls. We might see if we can hire capsules, then get car seats a bit later. We're gonna see if Roger Armstrong make a double stroller, coz we love the one we bought for Angus. It's the cheapest one available at $150 new, weighs 6kg, is black & stylish looking, has one handle accross the back instead of 2, and it's high enough for DH or me, & is a compact 3 wheeler, really easy to manouvre. If they don't make a double one, I dunno. Will prolly get something 2nd hand on ebaby. Needs to be a side by side, fairly compact & as light as possible. We'll just push one each rather than try to get a 3 seater.

They've told me Monash, or whoever has a bed if I go earlier than 32/34 weeks. Will be going to have a look at Monash with Divvy, but I dunno whether it's worth actually booking in anywhere.

Angus is walking! He took 9 steps on Friday, then yesterday walked all the way accross the kitchen and back. So now he can wave, dance, cuddle, do proper crawiling, and walk. The kid is obviously a genious. He's also a snot machine atm, poor thing has a rotten cold, and now I have it too. I had a great little cleaning spree last night, and was feeling so energetic I wrote myself an ambitious list for today, but now I'm all snotty & miserable & vegging in my dressing gown while DH makes me honey & lemon drinks. :-({|=

*Yvette* Guest

Lol Kirby, I just noticed you've updated your signature to include Star Trek & cloth nappies. Not quite sure how Star Trek fits in with your earth mother ambitions though... :-k

Very noble ambitions indeed, will you be adding organic veggie growing soon? O

I definately agree with the capsules, we hired them, and they were so much easier to troop around, also the rockers, invaluable for feeding time at the zoo, slings, if you just want to "pop'" to the shops for milk, I had one in a sling, and one in my arms, at night DH and I would take one each during the "evening colic"
    =D> =D> =D> To Angus the boy genius!!! Congrats on his walking!!!

*Yvette* Guest

Oops, hello moderator, I didn't get a notification on Vanita's reply.

Thanks Vanita. Got the capsules lined up now, & looking at swings & rockers on eBay. We have a Snugli carrier thing too, not that I used it much with Angus, but it did come in handy a few times when he was little.

Hi All

Thought I would take the leap and introduce myself. I am still very nervous about the whole twins thing BUT sooooo excited at the same time.

My name is Tam and I am pg with twins. We do not know what sex yet, very early days. I am today 7w 6d. I have already had 1 u/s where we saw them. As at the u/s on the 7/6/05 twin 1 has a hb of 125 b/p and measured 5mm and twin 2 has a hb of 112 b/p and also measured 5mm.

I have made my first OB appointment for the 23rd June where we will have another u/s. That will be great just to get a little more reassurance that all is ok.

We conceived these babies via IVF. We are very thrilled.

Sorry, has taken a while to see this one, CONGRATULATIONS tam, it is the wildest roller coaster you can be on, but welcome to the world of a mum of multiples, Double the love!!!!! If you have any questions at all feel free to ask we have a few twins mums scoping around here!!!!

How very exciting for you, congratulations, I love twins but didn't get any unfortunately. You will find loads of help and support here esp from the other twin mum's. Best wishes for a H & H pg, can't wait to hear more.

Best wishes Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Helo Tam! Woo hoo, another pregnant with twins.

Welcome & congratulations. Isn't it exciting. This must be a nervous time for you, waiting to get past those first 12 weeks safely. I didn't find out I was having twins until the 12 week ultrasound, and I was so nervous about them being ok. It's great having ultrasounds every 2 weeks from 18 weeks onwards, seeing for myself that they are ok in there.

Wow, the photo of the twins is great, I've never seen one that early before. I see you're an animal lover too. How are your cats with the bird? We have to constantly watch our kitten with the parrot.

Hi all. Thanks for the warm welcome.

Yvette, my cats are fine with the bird. The bird has more courage than any of the animals put together. He knows when to fly out of the way, but even so, he always teases the cats by flying down to the ground to sit with them. I have told him many times, one day he will be too slow. But alas, he continues to tease them.

Thought I would give you all an update.

Had another scan yesterday arvo. Babies are both doing really really well. They are both spot on for dates and very healthy. The right twin is 1.96cm and HB 176 b/p, the left twin is 1.73cm and HB 167 b/p. I have put the pics on the website however they are not as good as the first lot. This scan was done abdominally which was kinda weird for me, so maybe that is why the pics are not as good.

My OB is great, I really like him. We are set for the South Eastern Private hospital. Now all I have to do is book the 12 week scan. The OB wants to see me in 4 weeks and from 19 weeks on every fortnight.

So everything is great

*Yvette* Guest

Great news Tam!

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Thought I would come say hello. Have to brush up on my twinny skills!!!!
    The last time I needed them was 9 years ago and now I find myself expecting two again!!!

Feeling VERY lucky and blessed!

YAY Tiff

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast