Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

OMG Tiff that is the best news! How amazing to have another set of twins LOL. Bets wishes For a H&H pg.

Best wishes Michelle

Yvette, I have been reading your journal on the website very often. It is all very interseting to me. If you have any advice that you can give me to better prepare myself or questions to ask, that would be great. I am following your journey with great interest.

*Yvette* Guest

Wow Tiff! That's so exciting, congratulations. Will be good to see more of you in our new twins area.

Tam I'm so glad my journal is interesting to you. I do tend to go on a bit, just can't seem to leave out any details.

I've just met a lovely woman who had boy/girl twins 4 years ago & birthed them at home, in water, with private midwife care & caught them herself. She has a DVD for sale which I've seen. The birth is very gentle & beautiful & inspiring, she was my age when she had them, and her two sons were present also, the youngest 4 at the time. Second baby was breech and she had no problems at all. Her site is Women of Spirit.

I'm also reading a great book atm called Having Twins by Dr Elizabeth Noble.

I've decided if both babies are head down, I won't be having an epdural at all, will just go for it my usual way. Have also decided that all being well, I won't submit to induction if I get to 38 weeks. If first baby head down & second breech or transverse, still undecided, but leaning more towards still not agreeing to epidural & full active management (ie drip & manual extraction).

Have also been talking to another woman by email who had twins in hospital 2 years ago. She had no epidural, and they reached in for the 2nd baby without her knowledge or consent or pain relief, just went ahead & did it as soon as first baby was out. She said it hurt like hell, but she doesn't regret not having the epidural.

More soon, off to watch maternity ward on telly now so I can yell 'get that poor woman off her back' like I usually do, lol.

Have not been in here for a while, OMG Tiff, how fabulous, congratulations =D> =D> And Tam, all the best for your twins too.
    I have all the twin issues, but different now, I had to get them new bathers today for swimming lessons as their old ones are nearly see through, well of course could only find one style/colour at this time of year so they have had to get the same ones ( not good!!)
    Then we are enrolled in vic swim, and one of the girls is a natural, the other loves it, but just cant quite cope IYKWIM. So they are in different classes, which of course they still dont completely understand ( 6 yr olds dont seem to figure out why one is better than the other - but we're the same mum???) Anyway that was todays issue ( what will tomorrows be I wonder??)

Looks like it is now my turn to introduce myself. My name is Clare and two weeks ago at our NT scan DH and I found out we are expecting twins!!!! We have 1 daughter, Shayla, already who is almost 15 months. The twins due date is Jan 10th.

The dude doing the sacn told us that it look as though I have dropped 2 eggs as there are 2 sacs and 2 placentas. There are no twins on my side that we are aware of (my mum is adopted so we don't know anything about her side). DH's grandma had four sets of twins (OMG).

I have been getting stitch type pains on and off in my left side today. I am assuming they are stretching pains but if they last too long will be going to the dr.

My next appointment is 25th of this month and my morph scan is 18th August. I can't wait to see them kicking and everything again. It is so fascinating.

I look forward to hearing everyones stories as they go through their pregnancies.

Clare

OMG Clare that is amazing news, congrats and hope things stay good, good luck for a H&H pg.

Best wishes Michelle

HI Clare and welcome to the wonderous world of the multiple mum!!! doubly blessed, doubly loved

Just popping in to give a HUGE congratulations to Tiff and Clare on the news of their twins!! \/

Default reply

monochrionic, bioamniotic twins, can I ask what this is please? Just curious

Hi Nadia, Monochrionic, means one egg ( so Identicle twins), or in the terms of presentation one chrion ( like an egg shell, the thick "outer sack" of the uterus) and Biamniotic( or diamniotic)means two amnionic sacks ( like a double yoker egg, the thin "inner sack" of the uterus)
    Means the babies are identicle,but have their own sacks, but separated by only a very fine "onion thin" membrane

My DH describes it as the same house, separate bedrooms, unlike fraternal twins, that have their own houses!!!

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Clare! Congratulations, that's so exciting!

Looking forward to following all these other twins pregnancies.

Lol Vanita at Chris' explanation of the chorion/amnion thing.

Read on the ozmid list today about a lovely homebirth of twins 5 hours apart. I got all excited because the midwife spoke of one placenta, but it turns out they were non-identical. Looked like one placenta, didn't look fused, but the membranes were really thick (ie would have been 4 layers instead of 2). The sonographer must not have been able to tell with with the T sign/lamda sign thing.

hi all
    clare I had the same stitch pain from about 10 weeks onwards. They were braxton hicks, and apparently they can start that warly with twins. I felt my two flutter around the same time as I started getting the stitch like pain. I would have to sit till it subsided and then start up again- the fun carrying twins hey!!
    Congrats on your second set tiff. Apparently my SIL who has two sets reckons that the second set are a breeze compared to the first as she had everything down pat and knew what to do when they both acted up. She reckons that the first set were her practice set, so the second set are her main performance. LOL she assures me that she is not going to try for a third set.

Also congrats to those that I haven't said congrats to. Welcome to the club of double love!!!

My advice to you all would be to join your local multiple birth assoc. They are my sanity savers. The ones that tell me that what i am feeling and going through is normal and that i am not going loopy!!!!
    There is always some one where that has been through a similar thing and having twins is definately not the same as having just one baby!!!

anyway if you guys have any questions etc. just fire away.
    take care and enjoy the sleep whilst you can!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

odette
    mum to ariel and immogen (5/12/2002))

Hi .. do you mind if I join you guys?

I am Fiona, and I have 3 children ... Gabi (who is 3) and Caleb and Declan who are 15 months.

Gabi was a fraternal twin, we lost her sister (we are not sure on the ender, but I just have that feeling she was a girl) at 10 1/2 weeks

Caleb and Declan are identical .. monoamniotic .. they were classed as this purely because they tore the membrane between them at 35 weeks.. I ended up delivering vaginally, labour being 2 hours, and they were 6 minutes apart. Caleb was head down and in position from 25 weeks, and I had lots of pre-term labour scares with them, starting from 29 weeks, but they lasted till 35 1/2 weeks. Declan spent most of the pregnancy turning in circles, seeming to prefer transverse position, but luckily decided to turn head down when Caleb left 'the building'.

Caleb was 6 pound 9 and 18 inches, Declan was 5 pund 9 1/2 and 17 1/2 inches. Was very lucky, they went straight into the room with me .. ended up spending 10 days in hospital though, Jaundice for both the boys, and weight gain issues (due to the fact my milk didn't come in until day 10) .. looking at them now .. you would never know!

Fiona

Fiona, you are very welcome to come and chat, we multiple mums, seem to by "multiplying"..... LOl Its wonderful to see how well they thrive despite being little hey!!!!

*Yvette* Guest

Woo hoo! It's all happening in here now.

Big welcome Fiona. Great to see more of us turning up here.

I'm off to change a pooy nappy now, will be back soon to ask lots of questions.

Default reply

Ta Vanita, good description by you and DH!

Not long to go now honey, good luck!!!!!! O

Hi Fiona

How exciting, so many more twin mummies!!!!

Yvette, how are you going??? Any more recent news???

*Yvette* Guest

Hi Tam & everyone. Must update website again. Scan yesterday. All's well. Twin A is 4lb & twin B is 5lb. 20% weight difference is borderline for concern, but as they're both growing really well & fluids etc all ok, not too worried.

I'm enormous & tired & my legs ache & I can't walk too far or very fast, but still nice & healthy.

Babies are top & tail both sort of sideways still, & wiggling around heaps.

How's everyone else?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast