Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself!

Wow Yvette, it really does sound as though things are moving along well. I just hope that I can carry as good as you have.

My turn??

My name is Jo, slave to Jack, 2 and a bit years. And found out on Wednesday at our 6.5wk scan that we are expecting twins. After the initial OMG shock, things have settled down. WE are due between Feb 24 - March 4. I can't make head or tail about the EDD as going by the sonographer I was 6 wks and 4 days on Wednesday, yet the first day of my last Af was May 20th which makes me 8 weeks today? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cheers all!

Jo

I always thought that sonographers edd was establisehed by the size of the babies

Hi Clare. I was thinking the same as you. They go by size not last AF.

Jo good to have you in here

congrats JOJO!

i always thought that dates were taken on your cycle, not on the size dates of the babies. They base those sizes on singletons, so theere is every possibility that they will not match the dates you are pg. Especially as they can both grow at different rates. By the 31st week of my pg, my twin A was 29 week size and my twin B was 33 weeks. So go figure.

how have you found the twin pg compared to your singleton?
    good luck and welcome to a very special club.
    keep well and rested- LOLO
    remember you are never given more than you can handle

if you want to ask anything just go ahead no matter how big or small

take care
    odette
    mum to Ariel and Immogen 5/12/02

WOW! COngrats Jo and what amazing news. I too would think that they would need to use a different database for comparison of twin size to age, cos they have much less room and share 1 mummy, they must grow differently. Did you get any info on them, like are they identical, do they share a placenta etc.

Hope you have a H&H pg
    Best wishes Michelle

I knew I forgot something!

It's very confusing about dates! I have an appt next week with my doc, so I will see if he can shed some light!

Details!

Both have a very steady regular heartbeat of 153. One is 0.78 and the other is 0.73, it's interesting that Jack at the same stage was smaller.

They are not identical as they are from two different embryos, it's an IVF pregnancy, we always transferred two embryos at a time to increase our chances of having a baby, NOT to increase our chances of haveing twins (in case you were wondering) This attempt was our 4th go, I was pg on the 2nd & 3rd go , but the pg were not viable.

I didn't have any symptoms with Jack, just a little nausea in the evenings cooking dinner. This time around, I seem to be forever on the loo, sometimes getting up twice during the night. (Normally I never get up in the night) I've had more nausea suring the day but have not been actually sick. I don't mind the nausea as it reassures me that I'm still pg. And lastly my boobs were really tender in the begining but have eased off now. So I think I have been let off lightly. I am a bit surprised about the lack of symptoms, but I guess I have a lot compared with the pg with Jack.

I am wondering what kind of car you all drive! Well actually DH is! We have only just got anew car last October, it's a FOrd Escape, but DH is unsure if we are going to get 3 carseats in the back?? I told him he was a bit ahead of himself atm!!!

Jo-
    terrific news that both babies are doing well.

We have 4 kids so we drive a Kia Carnival, and it is good. We have had the 2 babyseats in the 2 middle seats, which are single seats, but that would leave your ds in the back seat by himself. I guess you need to test it out and see how it goes with 3 seats across the back. We had a ford eb and had a booster and a carseat and it fitted but was a squeeze.

Cheers Michelle

When my twins were little we only had them, then when the next came along we hads the twins in boosters ( so 2 boosters and 1 car seat) and that was a ford fairlane. We are expecting #4 any day now, and have a Kia carnival ( heaps of room)

Welcome, to the multiplicity of life !!!!
    CONGRATULATIONS to the new twins mummies to be!!!

I think it really would depend which sort of seat you were using, we have a wide sort of seat and a skinnier seat, so the brand may make a difference.
    Cheers Michelle

Congrats!! =D>

I have a commodore station wagon .. and with the 'skinny' car seats (I thinkthey are called compaq, we can just get all 3 in! Before I got prego with the boys .. I had a suzuki swift ... was really sad to give it up!

*Yvette* Guest

Tam I'm sure you'll do great!

Jo, welcome. And big congratulations on expecting twins. It's so exciting finding out isn't it. I can't be any help re the dates sorry, mine have always been from lmp. Size of bubs will not always match exactly, but goes up & down all over the place throughout the pg, so I'd pay more attention to the cycle dates I reckon.

Hi again Fiona. I was going to ask you about Caleb & Declan. (as mine are also identical). Did you have lots of monitoring with the size difference? Was there any TTTS? Were they worried about the membrane being torn? Do you have your birth stories posted anywhere I can read them? 10 days for milk, that must have been hard. So you breastfed? Did they share a placenta? There's a really good book I've been reading called Having Twins by Elizabeth Noble, and it has a section about lost twins (re Gabi). I'm borrowing the book & I think I'll have to actually buy myself a copy for future reference, as the few I found in the library were crap, lol.

Hi again Clare. How's things going with you?

Hi Odette, haven't seen you around for a while.

Kelly, we need Tam, Jo, Clare & Fiona added up the top. (Is that everybody, lol?)

I gave the website address to some other twins mums at an AMBA morning tea yesterday too, he he. There was a mum there with triplets too.

My babies are 4lb 9oz & 5lb 12oz now, and since this morning I'm back on weekly u/s and twice weekly CTGs. All ok and they're growing well, just got to keep an eye on them.

tiggy Guest

Me Me!!! Count me in too!!

Yvette, WOW girl, you must be getting close. How are you feeling?

hi all
    still here, just not much to say. I am soo boring!!!!
    lolo

congrats on getting to 33 weeks Yvette. Their sizes are so good!! Not long to go until you reach the magic 36 week mark.!!
    Have you got a plan about inducing you etc..?? You must be sooo sick on being pg and carrying all that weight.lolol I only got to 31 weeks and I was soo over feeling so sick. Ah well its all worth it
    Don't have any experience at TTTS as mine are fraternal, although a friend of mine did. Apparently there is a hospital in Brisbane that are world leaders in TTTS and they do the laser surgery etc. Might be worth looking at their website. Even if you just type in TTTS and AU search, you should be able to find something

as for me, same old same old. Kids are doing great, although fighting a bug etc. they are just outta sorts, but then again its full moon!!!!!

Nothing new to report.
    Twinpower to all lolol
    odette
    mum to Ariel and Immogen 5/12/2002
    p.s just starting to find life after having twins now - i can start to see the light!! rock on 3yold kinder next year

OMG girls..... I know this forum has been busy but geeze !!!!!! LMAO Okay we all know BellyBelly is a fertile place but someone please tell me not to drink the water or I might find myself in here too

Congratulations to all of you !! I am going to keep up in here now so I can read how you are all getting along

Love

Congrats all mums with twins!!

Please reply to this post with the following details and I'll add you to the first post for you:

Name:
    Gestation:
    Names & Ages:
    Notes: (e.g. bioamniotic etc)

Tiff, Jo, Odette and Clare - your details are now all added!

Clare - OMG at your DH's grandma having 4 sets of twins!! :-s

Thanks Nel!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast