Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

YAY Tootie welcome!!! So good to have you in here!!!

Well...funny you mentioned it Kathryn... because that is what is going on with Matilda... she's teething. OMG!! Apparently the white gums in the lower mouth & the little lumps there & white spots are teeth... and it is unusual for her to be teething so soon, but with Matilda anythings possible! LMAO!! So... I'm glad I went to the Dr to be sure thats what it was, I thought it could be but I also thought its WAY to early. The Dr warned that there could be a month or two before we actually see teeth, because when they start early they sometimes, start & stop and the gums can grow over the teeth again and they can recut teeth up to 3 times!! #-o !

kelly - we are starting to ween Matilda as well and she is HEAPS happier with formula, so I don't feel bad at all with 3 months of bf we've both done well! At first I felt a bit guilty and felt like I should be doing what is best for MAtilda, but then I realised that her settling so much better was best for Matilda... so thats what we are going for!

Anyway... I'm glad to see you here Ambah, I started to get worried lol! I hope you have a great time with your family! & if walking is too much thats cool too!

ah Marcia - you are not a whinger!! I didn't realise either that we would be at almost 14 weeks and still getting up at least 3 times at night! Its exhausting! In fact a friend with a 20 week old is coming over tomorrow to look after both babies so I can sleep... her baby has been sleeping through since 4 weeks...imagine that....I can't remember sleeping...lol.

I hope you are going well katanya... its been a while!

Susan - mmmm Mars bars ice cream.... =P~ the funniest thing is I'm not into ice cream usually... but everytime you mention it , I start drooling....

I'll stop this epic post now! I hope everyone is well & H & H!

Great to hear it was nothing serious Christy. I said to look for white spots didn't I lmao.

Tootie welcome matey !!!!!!!!!!! *slobbers for you and jacob*

Marcia - LMAO still laughing at your post in the SA forum, crack up everytime I think of it.

I hope Aiyden stays asleep for you Ambah, Lachlan was fart arsing around with his bottle and went to bed with only half of it drunk so I am [-o< that he doesn't wake up.

Love :hbeat:

LOL at Kameron with his cars - it's funny because it's not me...

Kelly, I know how you feel with AF, I've had her twice already. I've gone from a 28 day cycle to a (so far) 21 day cycle Eugh! But, now it only lasts 2-3 days, so I'm not complaining. I knew it might all change lenght wise, and I can't say I really mind.

Christy, Teething already? Wow! I hope I'm not in for that just yet with Brandon. He's had white spots on his gums for ages, and he's always drooling now (and blowing raspberries, it's so cute. Messy, but cute). But then I have no idea when to expect teething age wise, so if he starts getting fussy, I'll know what to ask about.
    So should I send you up some ice cream? LOL.
    Brandon has always been his daddy's little boy. We were at my sister's place yesterday for my niece's birthday, and one of my other sisters was holding him, and he was getting niggly. I asked him if he wanted to come to mummy, got a definate nah, then asked if he wanted to go to daddy, and he said yeah, and leaned out of my sisters arms! Jonathan has always been able to settle Brandon better than me too.

Welcome Tootie! It goes by so quickly doesn't it? I can't believe Brandon is 5 months old on Thursday!

Kelly: # months exclusive is great! I only managed one fedd before I had to start comping. That said, we only stopped the first morning BF last week, so at least he got some milk out of me. I'm having a drink now, in honour of the nice day it was, and I had a snickers bar on the weekend, and I no longer have to take the stupid PG vitamins with the iron in (and all the things that go with that) so there are definately good things to be said for formula as well. Like Brandon has only ever woken up in the middle of the night on two seperate occasions, and usually sleeps for 10 or so hours overnight.

So, how much are all your little ones talking? Brandon says yeah and mum and dad and no. The words aren't always fully formed,, but they are recogniseable, and he says a lot of other things, only once off so far. When I was telling him we were going to Geelong to see Crystal (birthday niece and Angela (her younger sister) he said quite clearly "Gela" which she was quite chuffed over when I told her, but he hasn't said it again. Lots of baby babble too.

Hmm, need a top up on this mudslide, and I've got nappies to fold, so I'll end this epic post here. Hope I haven't missed anyone.

Marcia Guest

Tootie - Yay and Welcome!! Glad you are here now, and I will have someone to keep me company when all these girls move to the next thread as I think lots of them will be soon???

Kathryn - LMAO at Kamerons pooey cars!! I guess he wanted them to go on an off road adventure! Like Susan said, It's funny because it's not me lol.

Susan - That is great about Brandons words!! Hudson is too little for that, but we are starting to get lots of goos and gaas which I am loving!

Glad you are feeling better now Ambah and that you probably know why Aidyn is so cranky now.

Christy - Phew, I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had a baby strapped to me all day long lol! I keep thinking that we should be better than this in the sleeping game by now, but I suppose that is in an ideal world hey? He finally slept for a couple of hours in the bassinet yesterday which was really good, but kept waking up and having a whinge every 20 mins or so lol.

Well I went to the Dr today for my check and feel a bit better about it all now. She said it all looks like it is healing well and that it is just going to take a while longer than normal because of the hours of pushing #-o . But at least I know there is an end in sight.
    Hudson is off to the Dr for his 8 week check tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see what he says about the whole reflux thing. Then his immunisations on thursday. Well I am hoping so anyway, as DH and I are both sick with colds now too and I am thinking that those odds aren't good for Hudson, but I guess he might be lucky.

Hi Marcia

I hope you and Andrew are feeling better soon and that Hudson escapes it !! Goodluck with the injections on Thursday.

How did hudson enjoy the warmth today. Lachlan hasn't been very impressed by it at all, has hardly slept

Well...hi there! I'm a bit destroyed atm... Matilda has been a cranky monster for the past 16 hours...she's in her cot atm semi crying/screaming/ then giggling... at times like this I'm not impressed though... she's really tired and is just having a hard time with this whole teething thing. So...I'm on the computer a meter away in another room and just listening and if she gets distressed I'll go get her, but I need a break at the moment. Just 5 minutes! Then I'll put her in her sling & go for a walk to just try to get outside....

Marcia I hope you are feeling better soon!!

Kathryn how warm is warm for you? ...just wandering because I'm cold at the moment & its 24 today...lol!

It got to just under 30c here today Christy. Don't forget you are in hotter climate. Normally anything over 36 is warm for me but it was the first day in ages it was that warm and knocked us all around a bit. When the body is used to it, it will be okay. Cooler today

Wow 30 would be warm at this time of year! I'm glad its cooler today for you... I keep trying to get the shorts out and its always cooler than expected when I do #-o ...but there is hope soon!

Matilda's been asleep for almost an hour! JOY!

Hi Girls!!!
    Geez, I've only been away from the computer for 2 days and there is alsready so much to catch up on!!! Luckily Jackson is working late tonight, so I will get to spend a few uninterrupted hours on here once Aidyn is in bed...

Christy - OMG at Matilda teething!! I hope it do not cause her too much grief...
    I'm 99% sure that is what Aidyn is going through too, and I find Bonjela works a treat! Did the Dr say if it was ok for you to use it for her? (I think they have to be over 4 months)
    It terrible when they get to that whingey/giggling stage isn't it, its almost like they are delirious with tiredness!!!

Kathryn - ROFLMAO at Kameron and the pooey cars!!!! (I must have missed that before!!)

We had a really hot day here on Monday I think it was, yet when I went out with my mum and sister, they were both wearing jumpers, as they are used to the heat up north - whilst I was literally dripping with sweat, LOL... This summer is going to KILL me, I just know!!! - Thank god I am not PG this time though!

Susan - that is fantastic about Brandon talking!!!!!!! What a talented little boy!!!! =D>

Marcia - I hope you and Andrew are feeling better soon!! and goodluck tomorrow with Hudsons injections...

Melinda Guest

Hey everyone,

I'm pretty happy today.....Jacob gave us his first smile!! So I'm totally stoked by that!! He did it a few times and then strangely enough when he was drifting off to sleep he started giggling! Sooooo cute!! He also had a brilliant sleep last night....he slept from 8.30 pm to 5.30 am!!! DH and I couldn't believe it! He had a bit of an average day though yesterday and was a bit unsettled and a bit hungrier than usual too, so he might be having a growth spurt, as he's been a bit that way today too, although not as bad. I think perhaps he might have worn himself out a bit from the grizzling yesterday and being away for quite a long time. Although, we also tried something different with him last night and gave him half a bottle, then a bath with DH, the rest of his bottle, read him a little story and then got him off to sleep. So who knows whether it was the new routine we are trying to start or the grizzling......we'll soon see I guess LOL!! I can only hope that we'll have some more nights like last night as it was bliss!!!

Christy - glad Matilda went down for some sleep and you got to have a bit of a break matey!! As for the teething....OMG!! Poor little blighter!!

Marcia - I hope you guys are feeling better soon and that little Hudson doesn't get a cold too. I hope the immunisation goes ok....I'm a bit worried about that as it will be coming up for us in a few weeks too. Is your Doctor doing them for you?

Susan - woww.....Brandon is nearly 5 months? I can remember sooo clearly when he was born!! It feels like yesterday!

Pietta Guest

Sorry to pop in but I agree with it only feeling like yesterday Brandon was born!!
    Crikies!! Mind you Ryley is TWO weeks today!! Thats gone fast too!! I'll see you guys in here soon!!

Marcia Guest

Kathryn - It's funny actually because Hudson seemed a lot happier in the warmer weather lol. He had a couple of naps without a fight in the afternoon which is very unlike him! Maybe he is like his dad and just likes it warmer. Not like me at all, I hate the really hot weather and become a real b**** when it gets above about 35 lol.

Christy - LOL at Matildas crying/giggling. Although not much fun for you. Hudson does a similar thing when he starts to get tired of playing. He does a huge grin which then turns into a pout and then a grizzle and then a big smile again lol. He doesn't know what he wants, the poor pumpkin.

Tootie - Yay for Jacobs big smiles =D> !! Isn't it just beautiful? I'm not really looking forward to the immunisations tomorrow either. We are taking him to the cyh nurse for them as they are free there, but took him for his 8 week check at the dr today. Apparently the drs around here charge a double consult if you have a check and immunisations as well :smt102 .

Not much happening for us here. Hudsons health check went well and all is good there. The Dr didn't really say a lot about the reflux except that he does have it and maybe to try baby gaviscon if it gets too bad, but otherwise not to worry unless he stops gaining weight, which he is doing fine with atm. He is just below the 50% line, but he started out there too, so that is ok. I feel yuck today still as does DH (he even took last night and tonight off work!), but thankfully Hudson is not sick yet. I really really hope he doesn't get it as MIL is meant to be babysitting him Saturday for a few hours while we go to a wedding, but I won't have the heart to leave him if he is sick. I know this sounds silly, but I'm finding it hard enough dealing with leaving him for a few hours as it is, without leaving him if he is sick too lol! Fingers crossed!

Hi All!!! Its great that Jacob's smiling!!! Thats such a great time! And with the big sleep!! OMG!!! I'm a bit jealous!

Marcia - just beware of Gaviscon & constipation, it worked great for the reflux for Matilda, but it gave her horrible constipation... and its known that it can cause constipation, but it doesn't happen to them all...

Pee the next two weeks will fly by! You'll be joining us soon enough!

Well... Matilda had a really sleepy day today, she slept for 6 hours over 3 naps!! She grizzled a bit, but I gave her some herbal teething drops and she's heaps happier, but there is definately a little white bump on her lower gums... DH is convinced that its grown during the day today lol... Now here's hoping for more sleep tonight [-o<

Thats wonderful about Jacobs smile's Tootie!! How adorable!!!!
    And what a fantastic sleep he had too!!! =D>

Marcia - thats terribly unfair of the Dr to charge double!!!! :mad:
    and I understand what you mean by not wanting to leave Hudson if was sick... I mean, babies are helpless little things as it is, but when they're sick it seems to double your maternal instincts (well, mine anyway!)

Christy -That is fantastic that Matilda napped so much today!!!
    BTW, What brand of teething remedy do you use??

Looking forward to seeing you in here in a couple of weeks Pee!!!! (although I wont have long left in here by then... )

Morning girls

All is good hear. Still fighting with Lachlans cradle cap. Has a patch about the size of a 50c piece on his head that keeps up all the time. Not even proper cradle cap lotion from the chemist is helping. Can't wait for his hair to grow thicker lmao.

Marcia ikwym about being a b**ch over 35c I am a bit like that as well especially if there is high humidity with it. I could never live in Darwin or Brissy. But high humidity on a hot day can sometimes = storms so then i snap out of my mood lol.

YAY for smiles and big sleeps Tootie. WTG Jacob

Arghh... please don't talk about the heat... both me and DP turn all nasty and mopey if it gets anything over 32 degrees!!! Last summer we had to put two fans at the foot of our bed, as we kept fighting over who was getting more breeze!! LMAO!

I'm rather proud of my little boy atm... today was his first attempt at eating vegies... I mixed up some rice cereal with pureed carrots, sweet potato and parsnips... and he gobbled it all up!!! I was so surprised!!! I was dreading having to force feed him his vegies, LOL... but he has just made things a whole lot easier for me now!!!

Poor little guy also has a low grade fever again, so I just gave him some panadol and put him down for a nap... surely it must be the teething??

I wish I could pick which nights would be bad!! LOL! Matilda was up every 2 hours again last night... grumble grumble...and for the first time ever she refused food. So we didn't know what to do, and so it was both of us up every 2 hours last night... we finally got her back in her cot at 6.30am to just give us both some space and she woke up at 7.30 for the day #-o . Needless to say I'm exhausted, just had a big blow with DH only because I'm so tired, no real reason...I'm so lucky he's so easy going because in the end I apologised for it because I know I was being completely unreasonable and there was nothing he could do different, and he just said he would try to help me get some sleep this arvo before I go on my walk with Ambah...he's at the dentist now and when he gets back Matilda is all his... bf has gone out the window today, I'm too tired to think about everything like feeding her every other bottle etc... besides we are just trying to get her to eat today.

Christy ypu poor thing.

Well done Jacob with the smiles, it's so great when they do that. Jonathan took a photo of Brandon smiling this morning and when he showed it to me, we both grinned. Baby smiles are so infectious.

Kathryn, are you using olive oil? Brandon had really bad cradle cap which is almost all gone now, and we've been smothering his head in olive oil at night before he goes to bed and then scrubbing his head with a facewasher in the morning. It's been working so well I never went to get anything from the chemist.

I'm not bad with the heat, at least whne I'm not pregnant and I'm not living in a house that doesn't have insulation and gets ridiculously hot. Hopefully we'll be out of here before the summer hits as we don't have flyscreen on the windows either, and I don't Brandon to either over heat or get mozzie bites. He's impossible with scratching as it is, and his excezma is all cleared up now.

Marcia, can you get a health care card? We got the doctor to give Brandon his second lot of immunisations because I didn't like the atmosphere at the free clinic. All the mothers being cranky and telling their kids to behave "or that nasty lady will hurt you again" and that's really not the attitude we want Brandon to associate with needles.

A month ago I would have agreed with you all that it seemed like yesterday that Brandon was born, but it doesn't any more. Not that the past month has been bad or dragged, in fact it flew by, but I think I'm finally getting used to the fact that he is here, and I'm a mum, and all of that. LOL

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast