Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

Hi Girls O

Christy: I am still feeling a bit off today with a headache & sniffles, so I dont know if I can muster up the energy for a walk... is there any chance that we could do it tomorrow at all??

Marcia: Just from my own experience with Aidyn, he acted pretty similar to what you described, when he was sick (this was when he was younger) He would be very clingy and sooky, not very alert, just wanted to be held, and his appetite would go off a bit. Maybe take Hudsons temp just in case? I hope he is better today though??

I hope you are feeling better soon!! Is Friday okay?? I have one thing on tomorrow but I have no idea when it is happening lol...

Hey Christy! I just sent you an email about Friday, but as my email acc is being dodgy atm just give me a call if you don't receive it!!

I'm a bit upset atm... DP called me at 2.30 and said he was coming home early, so I got all excited, and then he just calls me now - and it turns out he has to stay back until 10pm!!

Poor thing Ambah. Don't you hate when that happens?

Marcia, Brandon did go through a clingy phase, can't remember how old he was, but he wouldn't sleep unless he was in someone's arms, and would wake up as soon as we tried to put him in his cot. My sister told me to put him in the papasun chair or something slightly on an angle, and that helped.

well I am 1 child down today. Kameron has gone to a fair with the IL's for the day. God it is quiet !!! and Lachlan has slep ALOT so I know who wakes him up now LMAO. I had to laugh at myself when I got out two plates and put a hot pasties on each of the plates then went to make our drinks. I realised half way thru making my milk drink that there was no chair next to me with a kid in my ear wanting to know what i was doing LOL.

Love :hbeat:

LMAO Kathryn!!!
    I'll bet it is great to have a quiet house for a bit... O

Well, today I feel like death warmed up, I swear I'm getting sicker, not better and I'm petrified of giving it to Aidyn (as I'm sneezing over everything!) but I guess theres nothing I can really do about it... its so hard to muster the energy to play with him too.. poor little boy!
    Anyway, thats my whinge for the day, sorry girls!!

Oh Ambah I hope you get better soon. I passed on my cold a couple of months ago to lachlan and Kam got pretty crook with it as well.

Well just had word Kam will be home around 5pm so they should be on the way back now. Was just over a 2 hr drive to the fair they were heading too.

Love :hbeat:

Asha has only put on 70 grams in the last 2 weeks ... so I am hoping that in the next week she gains some more weight than that. I was hoping to feed her until I go back to work and then continue to do so first thing in the morning and last thing at night and she could have bottles during the day.

*sobs*

Thanks Kathryn...

What I don't know is if he was the one who gave it to me, as he was crook on the weekend, and on Mon the Dr said he had a sore throat & mild fever. Unless it mutated into something different for me (my nose and eyes are the worst - running like anything), I just hope he doesnt get the blocked/runny nose, that will not be fun, because you cannot give baby Codral, LOL.
    He does have a fever again atm, I am just hoping it is from teething and not anything else.
    Luckily we already have a Dr's appt booked as he is meant to be immunised tomorrow, but I can't see the Dr wanting to do it this time either if he is still sick

argh!... I just re-read this and I dont even make proper sense, my brain is just too stuffy to get the sentence structure working!!

Can't wait till DP gets home so I can go to bed, cept it will take longer because he has to catch the bus cause our car broke down lastnight!! #-o

Sorry I missed your post Kelly, I must have been writing at the same time as you!
    Is the Dr worried about it at all Kelly? Are you upset because you are going to stop brestfeeding? Is she being solely breastfed atm? or has she had some formula?
    (I'm so sorry, I cant remember if you've already told us, my brain is just not working!)

I LOVE the ticker btw!! Cute photo!! O

Marcia Guest

Oh Ambah you poor chicken :hugs: ! Doesn't sound like you are well at all. Don't you hate it when every day you think that will be the worst of it and you will feel better tomorrow and then you don't? Fingers crossed that you start to feel better tomorrow and that Aidyn doesn't come down with it too.

Kelly - that doesn't sound too good does it? Maybe she has just had a slow couple of weeks and over the next couple she will make up for it? I know hudson seems to do that a bit with his weight. Especially when I was still breastfeeding him. I hope it is just something like that and that it is nothing to worry too much about.

Kathryn- LOL about you still making lunch for Kameron. We are creatures of habit aren't we. Hope he had a good time and you had a nice day with all that quietness! LOL I don't think quietness is even a real word but you know what I mean :smt005

It was my turn to be a paranoid mum today as I was getting really worried about hudson and started wondering whether I should be going to the hospital lol. Last night was a bad one as he wouldn't sleep and cried for hours after we tried to go to bed. He often doesn't sleep during the day but this is the first time in ages that we have had trouble with his night sleeps. Eventually he did sleep once we had him in our bed but even after doing that it took a very long time to calm him down. Once we did get him to sleep he went 8 hours between feeds??? Which is not usual for him either and then today he was fine in the morning but then screamed in the car for about an hour even with me in the back with him, trying to calm him down. He has never done anything but sleep in the car until today. I took his temp when we got home as I was really getting worried but it seems to be normal so i am guessing it is wind that is bothering him and maybe his reflux too. He has been a 'happy chucker' up until now, but I'm wondering if it is starting to cause him some pain as well. Anyway, I guess all I can do is cuddle him and wait for it to pass, but it just kills me to hear him cry in pain for so long (I'm sure you all know what I mean). Think I will go to the chemist tomorrow and look for those wind drops you suggested Ambah.

Thanks for your replies on the post-birth recovery (you too Lesley! Don't mind you butting in at all!). Kathryn, I can't feel the stitches at all, it just hurts at the start and end of the stitches if that makes sense lol. I think a lot of the pain I am feeling may be due to the 3 hours of pushing I did which has caused other nasty things to happen such as (TMI, sorry) varicose veins. I am just praying it does all eventually heal on its own in time as I have had enough pain and doctors down there already to last me a lifetime LOL!

Thankyou Marcia I think I am feeling a bit better today, and hopefully I will not feel worse as the day progresses like yesterday...

Poor Hudson I hope he is feeling better soon... Just follow your gut instinct and maybe take him to the Dr if you are still very worried, and then if Doc doesn't think its anything serious then hopefully it will be a big load off your mind?...
    Regarding the 8 hour sleep... could it be that he tired himself out from all of the crying?
    Or maybe he is starting to sleep through the night now?- is he almost 8 weeks yet? cause thats pretty much the age that Aidyn started sleeping through...
    Btw, I hope I dont sound presumptuous or like a know it all!! I guess I'm just trying to suggest anything I can think of from my experiences...

:hugs: Marcia... I hope your stitches will heal up for you quickly, and stop giving you so much pain.

Hi girls!! Marcia it is so hard when they cry and you have done all you think you can and then you second guess yourself etc etc etc... I know. I am taking Matilda to the Dr today to revisit the reflux situation, I think sometimes after a few weeks on a medication it seems to not work as well... thats what happened with her Mylanta too.... so we'll see what we can do, already giving her as much as we can of the Zantac...

But Matilda had a great day yesterday =D> with minimal crying! and much sleeping... but I have decided to start weaning her, because the more formula feeds she gets the more settled she is, and well to me that makes it worthwhile... we were only doing one formula feed at night with DH doing the first wake up call out of 3-4, and then yesterday I gave her one in the middle of the day and she fell asleep in my arms without screaming for the second time only!! And it was beautiful.... so I'm thinking very strongly about doing the change over... in fact I'm going to give her a formula feed in the afternoon today too.

Ambah thats great you are feeling better! I hope Aidyn's appointment goes well this arvo! Do you have to take the bus?? If so I hope the people are nice to you! I can't believe how rude the uni students are to you!!! I get even the oldies getting up on the train so I can sit with the pram... and people jump off to help with the pram... but you are right its mostly the older people who do it. hmmm :-k

Ok... off to the dentist this morning, yuck, but we both having fillings to get and thought we'd make use of DH's sick leave as he is finishing work next week!! WOW!!!

That is fantastic that you and Matilda had such a good day yesterday, Christy!
    As long as you and Matilda are both happy, then that is all that matters, so goodluck with weaning her, and I hope your poor BB's don't hurt too much!
    I know breastfeeding for some women it is easy, but it seems like for most of us it actually requires a heap more effort and time and is just darn difficult! So well done to you for sticking with the breastfeeding for this long anyway!

Have fun at the Dentist too, Pete & Christy!!!! :smt040

Well as a few hours have passed, I have actually realised I am just as sick as yesterday There is NO way I can walk to the Dr's now (20min walk, no buses...)
    Keeping my fingers crossed that the car will be fixed by 3, so Jackson can come home early and drive us there, otherwise I don't know what to do!!
    Aidyn also had a mild temp again this morning so whether he gets immunised or not, I need to get to that appt to have him checked out... poor boy

Well Asha is well adn truely sick now She has the cold we have all had. She has had a slight temp this monring so a dose of Panadol and a bottle of formual were in order so she could get some restful and healing sleep!!! We had such a bad night last night ... she was awake 3 times during the night ... which is a shock to the system when you are used to getting a whole nights sleep.

With the weight thing, we have decided to wait and see what happens next Thursday when we have another weigh in. If she has still not put on much then I think my plan of breast feeding morning and night and then formula during the day will swing in to action a couple of weeks earlier than planned. I had resigned myself to having to do this when I go back to work as it would be nearly impossible for me to express while at work. I have to remind myself that we gave it a good go and 3 months is great going. I won't be getting rid of breastfeeding altogether and because I am not working yet I can gradually replace feeds with formula so I don't end up with aching boobs LOL!!!

Had a lovely surprise today with Ryan's tax refund finally being calculated!!! We can get our new bedroom setting now which means that we are just about done for bedroom furniture in our house! Now all we need is a new lounge suite but that can wait until next year when I go back to full time work.

Ambah - Hope you are feeling better soon ... the change of season often results in people feeling worse for wear!!! I hope Aidyn is not sick and the temp is nothing to worry about.

Christy - Yay for you and Matilda ... I am glad you have found something that is good for both of you and that now things will continue to improve. Good luck at the dentist (I really need to go soon).

Marcia - I am hoping that it was just a slow week and that it does prove to be nothing to worry about. We have a child health nurse appointment on Monday so it will be interesting to see what happens over the weekend and then I have a follow up appointment at PMH on Friday next week from a rash Asha had a while ago ... so if things havent gotten much better by next Thursday I will speak to them on Friday. I am feeling pretty okay about the plan we will take. I did it with Jack when he was about 4 months old too so it is not new to me and will make life a bit easier in the long run when I go back to work. I will put my breast pump on ebay and try and get some money back for it (or I might keep it just in case). I hope all is well with Hudson and that he is sleeping better for you. I know Asha went through a satge where she wouldn't sleep during the day and now usually has two big sleeps and a couple of power naps LOL.

Susan - Hope all is well with you.

Katanya - We haevn't heard from you in a while. I hope everything is okay and that Felix is happy and healthy.

Kathryn - I did that once or twice when Emma was at day care or out with Mum & Dad.

Hello to anyone I missed, have a great weekend (YAY for the sunshine tomorrow).

Cheers

Well, the car didn't get fixed in time, so I ended up walking to the dr's anyway. Which is an adventure in itself when doped out on Codral, LOL.
    Aidyn had been worrying me all day. Each time I had given him panadol for his fever, I would check it again 2 hrs later and it would still be up around 37.6..... :-k
    so I was going to take him to the Dr's even if both of my legs were broken!!
    The Dr isn't even too sure what it is either... it could be a virus like I have, except Aidyn has no other symptoms apart from a slightly red throat. But Dr also wants to rule out a UTI (urinary tract infection), so at the moment I've got a little bag stuck around his willie to catch his wee, which we are going to drop off at Pathology tonight. Hopefully I can find out tomorrow, so we know if antibiotics are needed...

Poor little Asha!! Seems like it is definately the season for getting sick!!
    and Woohoo for your tax return Kelly!! Its always fun buying new furniture!

Oh, poor ambah and aidyn. It's truly horrible when your little one is sick, especially when you are sick as well.

When Brandon was 6 weeks old, DP got sick and 2 days later Brandon had it and DP was just over it after a week when I got it too. So I was looking after two sick guys, and was sick myself. That really sucked so I hope the doctor can tell you what it is and help poor Aidyn soon!

Hey kelly, what sort of pump is it? I was after a Isis, and now I don''t really need it, but I might be interested in getting one for the next child. I really want to breastfeed the next one.

We're all doing well here. This was just a quick pop in while my ice cream mix cools down before the next step. I'm making Mars Bar ice cream this time. =P~

Marcia Guest

Poor Ambah,Aidyn and Asha! Sounds like all the A's are sick lol!

I hope you are both feeling better soon Ambah, you poor thing, having to trek to the Drs doped up on Codral. It's so typical not to have the car working just when you need it, and it's even worse when you have a baby because you just don't know when you might really need it. We went without a car for the first 3 weeks after Hudson was born while we tried to find a new one after the other one was smashed up and I swear it was an absolute pain in the ****. I hope Aidyn is ok, and doesn't have to be on antibiotics for a UTI. Poor little man having to pee into a bag lol. Oh, and you don't sound presumptuous at all! As a first time mum, and not knowing many other mums I value any ideas or info all you girls on BB can give me! It's nice to have someone to talk it through with IYKWIM?

Kelly, hope Asha gets better quickly too. I think you have done brilliantly to get to 3 months BF exclusively. Have fun spending that tax return!

Yay on the sleeping and minimal crying for both you and Matilda, Christy! IKWYM about the formula feeding being worthwhile if it makes her more settled. It definately seemed to work that way for Hudson too and in the end I also thought that it has to be a good thing if they are a much happier bub. Its no good when you can't even enjoy your time together because it is all tears and unhappiness (on both our parts in my situation lol.) You have done a great job to BF up to this point so be proud! I only lasted a month and like Ambah said, it doesn't seem to be quite as simple as we all hope it to be.

As for myself and Hudson we are both going ok. He had a better sleep the last two nights, but still a lot of on and off crying during the days. After talking to the CYH nurse at our parents group yesterday she has suggested that it sounds a lot like he has a problem with reflux. Poor little guy. She said it often seems to become a problem, in terms of being painful, at around 8 weeks, so we will see what the GP says at his checkup this week. Luckily it doesn't seem to be affecting his weight gain (which is a surprise considering the amount that he chucks up) as I weighed him yesterday and he has put on 1kg in the last 4 weeks! Have to book him in for his immunisations this week too. I'm not looking forward to that .

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast