Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1-6 mth General Chatter

katanya Guest

hi everyone, just a quick note to say hi!

i am on my MIL's computer as mine crashed about 2 weeks ago..died is probably a better term!.it was devastating, but the past few weeks taught me how much time i actually spent on the computer!

i actually was wandering the house looking for things to do while felix slept and have started using cloth nappies due to boredom! so i guess good is coming from it!

hopefully it will get fixed next week..if not everyone stay well..felix and i are great and i miss chatting to you all! i haven't even had a chance to what has been going on!

ahh...thanks for letting us know katanya!! I was starting to get worried about you! I know how awful it feels when your computer is down!! Ours has been up & down the last few days and I have to get DH to get it started as there are bits of it all over the room and I HAVE to have my BB fix!! LOL!! I hope it gets fixed soon!!

So ours is still on the blah and hopefully DH will get it all put back together again soon... I have no idea how it works so I'll let him be ...

Ambah I hope you are all feeling better soon!

Kelly thats great about the tax cheque!! I hope Asha's getting better too!

Marcia - how is Hudsons last few days been?? I hope you've gotten some improvement!

Kathryn - LOL at the lunch thing... (I just reread a few posts as my brain has been a bit fried this week lmao) thats so funny setting an extra place for Kam! I hope he had a great day!

Well.... our dentist appt went well... my jaw is a bit sore now from the needles though :smt107 and I worked today. It was very busy and I was exhausted by the time I got home and then got to lay down for a while with Matilda a bit later.... ahhhh.... I finally missed her... after being away for 6 hours! When I got home DH brought her to me to feed after feeding me lunch while she was sleeping, and then after wards he changed her and gave her back and she started screaming, she wanted daddy! After all day thats all she wanted was her daddy! Oh well.... :smt022 ... now off to bed for me! I hope you all have had a great day!

Its good to see you are still around Katanya, I have missed you!!! I am glad to hear that you and Felix are both doing well
    Goodluck with fixing that computer, am looking forward to having you back!!!

Goodluck with thr Dr next week Marcia, I hope he can give you some answers...
    and thats great to hear about Felix's weight, it sounds he is growing well

Well lastnight we dropped off Aidyn's urine sample, and I called the Dr this morning to chase it up. He doesn't have any sign of a UTI, which I am relieved about. However he had a temp again this afternoon, which still worries me... I mean, how long does it normally take for a virus to clear up?? I really hope that is all it is, and there is nothing seriously wrong...
    Does anyone know if it is common for teething to give babies a fever every day???
    I am feeling much better myself today, however my throat has started to hurt (which is didn't before), but I am really, really hoping this is still the last of it as I have a big week coming up...
    my Mum, Dad and little sister are coming down from North Qld for a week (it will only be the 2nd time they have seen Aidyn) so I am really looking forward to going out and spending a lot of quality time with them.

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and having a wonderful weekend

Snap Ambah! Poor Aidyn!! I hope it settles down for him!! When Matilda had the head cold the Dr told me it would take at least a full week to start getting better for her because her immune system would be a lot slower than mine... and that was just a head cold.... so I have no idea with a virus, but :smt017

Sorry I missed your post Christy, we were both typing at the same time, LOL!

Glad to hear you survived the dreaded dentist ok!!!

Aidyn does the same thing... when Jackson looks after him for an extended period, he will get cranky if he is given back to me, LOL!!

I hope you have a lovely, restful sleep tonight... :smt015

ROFLMAO!!! *SNAP*!!! (again! )

How high is temp Ambah ??

Katanya great to hear from you. Grr at poota troubles hope you are back on deck fully soon

Christy is the pencil still hanging out of your computer LOL. YAY at surviving the dentist. Can't remember the last time I went 8-[

Ambah I know how you feel re no car, I never have a car by day and it can really be a pita some days. I will have a car for 8 days come november. I Have to house sit for my parents so that means Andrew will get my dads work ute while they are away. JOY !! I won't know what to do with myself LMAO. Great news about no UTI either.

Woohoo @ the tax return Kelly. I am waiting for the next lot of $600 per child to come thru so we can buy a much needed new lounge suite.

I hope Hudson goes okay with his immunisations Marcia. at the reflux sounds like we have all been down that path with our bubbas.

Love :hbeat:

This afternoon it was 37.7... I dont think it has really gone over 38 degrees all week, but still... a fever is a fever, and I don't like it...

Yeah I think low grade fevers are the worse to shake they seem to linger on and on. At least high grade fevers you can usually break in 24hrs.

Hi girls...

How's Aidyn going???

I hope everyones weekends have been great! AFter a huge workday on Saturday I was exhausted and DH was exhausted after looking after Matilda so we had a good afternoon/evening at home vegging out. Watched Cat in the Hat which we loved and just enjoyed each other...

Sleeping has been a bit better since Matilda's been having more formula in the middle of the night, so she goes to sleep at 6pm and we've stopped waking her at 9 for a top up... so she wakes up around 11 now and gets a good formula feed, like 200mls (sometimes she can't finish it!) then she usually wakes up around 4am for a bf and then 6.30-7am wake up! Thats been the last few nights, so fingers crossed we keep it this way! I am less tired than I was with the every 3 hours at night and that was a relief from the every 2 hours...lol.

Any bubba's got any teeth yet. Lachlans bottom gums have got really hard in the last week or so, so it probably wont be too much longer here, before his bottom teeth break through. Having said that it will probably be another 3mths away and will be a late teether like Kam LOL

No teeth here LOL and no sign of teeth in the near future.

Well after the issues we had with Asha's weight last week, we decided on the weekend to put Asha on the bottle during the day and I will continue to breastfeed her first thing in the morning and last thing at night (with a possible top up). No problems although I am keeping an eye on her as she hasn't done a poo all weekend and has been letting off some really stinky farts!!! so I think one is on the way. So she has been formula feeding most of the weekend (occassional b/f so I don't have sore boobs) and since Thursday she has put on 30gms (now weighs 5200gms) and has grown 1.5cms (60cms). I am happy and Asha is happy and 3 months of pretty much exclusive b/feeding is good right???

The down side to the reduction in b/feeding is that AF has found me!!! Can't complain I guess ... Ryan was a bit upset though LOL.

Better get some housework done ....

Cheers

3mths of exclusive breast feeding is great. Alot better than i managed with Lachlan LOL

Marcia Guest

Kelly -Same goes for me! I only got to 1 month and then stopped completely so I think 3 months is brilliant! Bugger about AF! I am still waiting for that to happen but am guessing it wouldn't be too far off seeing as I haven't BF for a month now. That was one really great thing about being preg (apart from the whole baby deal lol). - No AF. YAY.

Ambah - How are you and Aidyn today? Hope that temp is reducing.

Christy - Isn't Cat in the Hat great? Gotta love Mike Myers. So glad for you that Matildas sleeps are getting better and better.

Hudson had started to sleep through from 10.30ish to 5.30am the last few nights which was a dream but last night he changed his mind and woke up at 3am #-o . It's strange (and maybe a little niave) but I didn't think getting Hudson to sleep would be the challenge that it is. I guess I kinda thought tired baby=sleeping baby which we obviously all know is far from reality lol. Shouldn't complain though as night sleeps are still pretty good here. If only I could get him to sleep anywhere but in the sling during the day! My back is starting to hurt from carting him everywhere with me. Just read this back to myself.Gosh I'm a whinger ROFL! No teeth here either by the way, but that will be a long way off I suppose. Hudson has only just managed to get hair LOL! (and not much of that either!)

Marcia - it took me ages to get Matilda to sleep anywhere but the sling... I remember around 6 weeks we got her to sleep in the pram and that was a HUGE accomplishment...

Well... had a good morning with Matilda and now she's very cranky... maybe her ears as you said Kathryn?? She keeps pulling on the right one, so we are off to the Dr in a few minutes... I've put her in her cot to try to sleep but I can hear her talking to the walls...lol. Anyway... she feels hot and I keep kicking myself for not having a thermometer at home! I was going to get one of those tommy tippy kits that had one in it and decided not too, but it would be handy for times like now.

I've had heaps to do today, but instead I finished a book and ate HEAPS and then kicked myself for it... at least I did the dishes... Anyway... I hope you are all well!!

Goodluck at the doctor Christy

Kameron was so naughty today he is now asleep. He pooed outside then got his cars and went thru it !!! I gave him the baby wipes and made him clean it up. I was dry reaching trying to get the cars clean.

Melinda Guest

Hey guys, mind if I join you all here?!?! Jacob was 1 month old on Saturday!!

Marcia - I too always thought that tired baby = sleeping baby! How wrong I was LOL!! Some days Jacob is thoroughly cranky because he has been awake for so long and it's been really hard to get him to sleep! On Saturday, he was awake for a whopping 8 hours which was just ridiculous! You can imagine how cranky and over-tired he was!! It took a long time to get him to sleep obviously! Thankfully Jacob quite happily sleeps in his bassinette which is great and he'll also fall asleep on our shoulder or in our arms which is nice, but obviously not something I want him to get too used to! DH put Jacob in the bed with him this morning for a little while after I got up, and I went in later on to find the pair of them snuggled up together and sound asleep.....too cute (particularly considering that Jacob is DH's "mini me"...they look so alike!).

Hiya Tootie!! and Happy One Month old to Jacob!!!!
    LOL at Jacob being your DH's 'mini-me' ... Aidyn is DP's 'mini me' too! Although now that he is getting a little older we a starting to notice a few more of my features in him too!

I hope Matilda is ok Christy??
    Just on thermometers... I got my digital one from the chemist for about $16. I originally bought one from Kmart, but the stupid thing died after 2 weeks!
    Oh, and that is just wonderful to hear that Matilda has been sleeping better too!!!

Kathryn - we think Aidyn is not very far off from getting his teeth as well. Both his top and bottom gums are very hard now, and I can actually see the outline of his two little bottom teeth sitting in his gums. He is also literally drooling litres!!!
    I suspect that it may be the cause of some of his low fevers. He has still had them every day for the past two days, but not over 37.5 - which is very low grade.
    Other than that he has been acting fine, so I will just put it down to him getting over a virus, or teething. But I still have my eye on him anyway, just in case...
    I'm much better too btw

Kelly - 3 months of BF'ing is excellent!!
    And its great that both you and Asha are happy!! O
    Pity about AF though... #-o

LMAO you are not a whinger at all Marcia!!!!! I totally understand the frustrations of getting your little one to sleep...

Phew!!! Well, I hope I haven't missed anyone!! Thats what happend when you go out for the whole day... come back and my inbox is swamped!!!
    Luckily Aidyn has crashed (hopefully for the night!) so I actually have time to post!!!
    His routine has actually changed again. He is not napping so often or for so long, during the day anymore. But he is generally falling asleep by about 7.30pm, then I dreamfeed him at about 10.30 and he wont wake until after 6am usually, which is great!!!

Unfortunately I am not going to be online or posting as much this week, as my Mum, Dad and little sister have come down from Nth Qld for a week. So I will be out with them pretty much all week.
    I had an awesome day in the city today and bought some much needed summer clothes, as I have to accept that there is buckleys chance that I will be fitting back into my size 10's (and probably never will!)

Ok, I think I shall stop my epic here... have a great night girls!!!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast