Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 1 month - 3 months, August 05

Default !!11

Wow Linds at Evan rolling over thats fantastic. Hendrix is now officially talking, its fabulous. This morning mike at him had a full on conversation. Mike would say hello and hendrix would say aooo which sounds like hello, mike said hello about 10 times with hendrix copying aooo, almost brought tears to my eyes.

Have a great time at the footy today, im sure you'll have a ball.

Oh and i know what you mean about mothers who have been there done that usually giving you that well meaning smile but i actually encountered some horrible mothers yesterday who were looking at me like does she know what she is doing?? no smiles just evil looks!! ah well

Juliette, glad to hear you're feeling a bit better now. Have you been able to give the new baby bath a go yet? GL with your assignment!

Jo, wow sounds like you had a great time shopping the other day!

Shannon, so glad to hear that Jessalyn's post-op check up went so well! How did her paed appt go? Wow... there are remote controlled mobiles?! Wish we'd gotten one of those for Kynan LOL. Sounds like they'd make things heaps easier!

Michelle, yay @ the shopping you got done! Hope you got some nice stuff for yourself.

Heather, yuck @ getting poo all over you LOL. Kynan has done some shockers. Worst though was when I was changing him and as I lifted his legs to slide the new nappy under he let rip and sprayed poo all over me, even on my face. Very gross LMAO! That's great that Hendrix slept so well for you last night and how gorgeous that he was copying Mike saying hello!

Rachel, hope Blake's feeling better now! Poor little guy. Sounds like he's absolutely thriving though... 5.4kg!! Kynan didn't even weigh that much at 8 weeks!

Brooke, glad to hear things are good with you. Good luck for your thyroid results. When do you get them back? I actually had my levels tested a couple of weeks ago too. I was in remission but my levels are now borderline... bugger! Can't wait to see those pics of Maya!

Linds, woohoo for Evan rolling over! Clever boy!!

Hi all

Well we have had a lazyish day. DH is still recovering from cold so we stayed in and watched the cricket. Erykah has no routine that I can follow every day is different at the moment which is a little frustrating. Even her feeding patterns are all over the place.

For instance last night she went to sleep at 7:30pm I did a dream feed at 9:45 and then she woke at 10:15 in distress and was really unsettled until 12:45am. She then slept till 3am and fed. Then woke and fed at 6am then woke at 8:10 and fed again. She then stayed up for nearly 2 hours and then slept for 3 hours so went 5 hours between feeds. Confused?? me too

Anyway she is bathed and asleep now and very settled so not sure how tonight will go. I just wish she would sleep longer between feeds she is 9wks old now.

Mum reckons she is using me as a comforter. If I don't give her the boob she screams. Then I feel bad for not giving her what she is crying for. DH says I should not feed her but I always give in. Anyone recommend what I should do?? She will not take a dummy and I have tried various types. I also try to get her to take a big feed but even this makes no difference. If she wakes up she immediately wants to feed even if it only an hour since she last fed. Its like she associates feeding straight after waking but not all the time sometimes she does have a kick and play on her play mat before she demands a feed.

Brookey I am unsure as to whether the Chiro is working or not. She still has her moments and I guess my latest problem is her feeding so often. We have 2 more sessions to go next week then its all done so will see after that.

Best go get tea

Jo

Hey Jo,

Kynan's never been terribly keen on dummies either. He's starting to get the hang of them now but it seems like he just doesn't really know what to do with them (he prefers the avent & nuk ones, doesn't like the happy baby ones). I let him comfort suck at the boob quite a bit too... 10-15mins usually at the end of each feed and that usually does him. Means he's happy so I am too LOL. He's recently discovered his fingers too and loves to suck on them. If you don't mind Erykah comfort sucking on the boob then I wouldn't worry about letting her do that. Make sure that if it's just a comfort suck rather than a feed that you put her on the 'empty' boob though.

Don't know if that helped you any!

Thanks Angel

I do put her on the empty boob. What I guess I am concerned about is that she feeds 3-4 hourly all day and all night. I do not get a long sleep from her anymore whereas I used to on one of her previous routines.

She is 9wks old now and I thought I would be down to 1 feed at night after 10pm but I currently do 2. I can cope with it but I guess it is wishful thinking.

This afternoon she was crying for a feed only 21/2hrs after her last feed. I make sure she gets as much milk as she will take. I don't offer the second boob as I have so much milk.

I kept trying the dummy and she didn't know what to do with it but it kept her quiet for 1/2hr till I fed her again.

I will speak to the MCHN tomorrow to see what she thinks

Jo

Hey everyone

Thought i would post to let you know i am still around

Had my parents here as i mentioned, then they left, and now have mother in law here, so been busy.

Mason is going really well, only crys when he is hungry or really tired, otherwise just smiles and laughs at us. He is getting so big now though, has just about grown out of 000's, so had to grab some 00 stuff this week for him, but not buying much at all.

I havent read this thread yet so when i read up i will too some personals

TAke care
    Belinda

Woooooo Hooooooo! Evan just slept for 8 hours!!!!!!!!!! I had a decent 7 hour sleep and now I've showered and had breakfast and he's back asleep again. Mind you, i did have to have a shower at 5.30am! I'm ready to take on the world today...! \/ \/

Im on the run too as we have mothers group at the health nurse today at 10am. We have had a lovely three days of great night sleeps. Hendrix is now doing 6.5-7.5 hour sleep followed by a four hour sleep. Its just bliss.
    Yay linds at 8 hours, you go evan!!!
    Shannon - wow at cleaning the house thats impressive, i spent the weekend doing my assignment so the house is on the backburner at the moment.
    Belinda - good to hear that your still around!!

Catch you later.
    xx

Hi all

Well I had a much better night. Erykah must have been listening to mummy as she only woke once in the night for a feed. She has gone back to 4 hourly feeds which is making my life easier. She is more settled and not getting the wind pains like she did.

We woke her up (by accident) when England won the cricket test as we were so excited. It was edge of the seat nail biting watching. Poor Erykah won't know who to support Oz, England or Sri Lanka she is a mix of all 3!!

We are at the Mother and Baby group this afternoon and the chiro.

Best go as I am researching setting up a business from home while Erykah is asleep.

Jo

G'mornin' all

Good on you Shannon for getting your house clean! I had a day like that yesterday too and it feels so good to have things in some kind of order. Hope the Zantac makes a difference for Jess. Her smiles and conversations sound so cute.

Have fun at your Mum's group Heather! Glad to hear you've been getting some good sleep. We'll have to get Hendrix to share his sleeping secrets with Hannah. Hope your assignment is all sorted! I didn't do any study at all this weekend. Have to get into it today.

Linds - Well done on the sleep! That's fantastic! LOL @ your discovery that you can go to the loo with the baby bjorn. I must admit I've done that many times with the hug a bub!

Belinda - good to hear from you. Sounds like you've been pretty busy. Wow - on Mason being out of 000 now!

Jo - I can relate to bub being all over the place with their routines. Hannah is only getting one 4 hour sleep at night these days, and feeding 2 hourly the rest of the time. I liked it much better when she was sleeping 6/7 hours! I guess some babies take a lot longer to settle into a routine. In fact it seems to (unfortunately) be pretty common. My CHN said that most breastfed babies will feed every 2-3 hours during the day, and that it takes them longer to sleep through the night because breastmilk is more easily digested and they get hungry quicker. I wish I had some answers! Let me know what your MCHN thinks.

Angel - THe new baby bath is great! So much better on my back, and it's nice and compact and out of the way. Hope Kynan is being a good little man for you.

Rachel - hope Blakes wind is settling? Glad to hear he's growing so well!

I have a grumpy little miss on my hands today (and for the last few days). AF turned up on Saturday much to my disgust! It seems to have affected my milk supply and Hannah has been very grumpy as a result. She's also got a cold. I feel so bad for her not being able to breathe well through her blocked nose. We have snot everywhere. It's gross. Poor kid. That "Fess little noses" stuff is a godsend. And to top it off - she hit her head on my computer desk on Saturday. She is getting so strong so quickly. I was holding her and she pushed her legs against me and threw herself backwards. I felt so bad.

Hi girls,

I am now jumping in here as Thomas (aka Pup) was 1 month on Saturday. My how the time has flown.

I hear you all on the non routine thing. Pup is a bit all over the place, but not so much with feed times as settled times. I know (and I think he does too!) that after about 1 hr awake, he is tired enough to go back to sleep. But if we have people here (which has been most days if you include my mum), then he doesn't settle really well at all during the day beteen 1pm and 6pm. So I can have him awake for all that time, by which he is EXHAUSTED and really difficult to settle.

We are getting about 6 hrs out of him a night, although last night we only got 4.5hrs, but not oo bad. Thomas also has no concept of a dummy and only sucks it if you keep it pressed into his mouth - then what's the point??!!!

Well, best go and have a shower whilst I can. The lad is asleep!

Talk soon and catch up with you all.

Hayseed

Hi everyone,

Just jumping online while I can. The washing machine will finish soon and by the time I get that on the line the boy will be ready for a feed, then it will be time to go and pick up Viv from school. I've just finished lunch and before that I hung the other load on the line. I could tell you about the rest of my morning, but it's as busy and action packed as what I've written. Gee, where does the day go?

Blake's back into a normal routine today. The last few days have been totally out of whack. I don't even know why but his sleeping patterns have been dreadful. Fortunately last night I got him back in order and he slept 7 hours from 7.30pm until 2.30am, then was down by 3.30am and woke about 6.15am for a feed. He was down again before 7am and I had to get him into the capsule to drop Viv at school. He slept until a feed at 10.30am and he's sleeping after playing for a bit after that feed. Much more like a 5 week old that he had been.

We tried to go to a trivia night on Saturday night however once Blake woke for a feed he struggled to stay asleep because it was too noisy. We left there at 10pm. Fortunately it was close to home and I had him with a top up feed and in bed by 10.30pm. At least we tried to go out. Perhas we'll try somewhere quieter next time.

Shannon, I hope the latex dummy works better for Jessalyn. Blake has a silicone one and I wonder if it's too small for him 0-3months as he gets so fussy sometimes when he starts sucking it. Perhaps that's just him as he gets the same franticness (is that a word?!) when he goes on the boob.

Welcome Hayseed to the 1-3month thread. I'm sure we'll continue some of our usual gossip here Blake is very similar with his sleep if we have company. He can stay awake but I try to enforce the sleep routine because my DD would never sleep and I know how draining it was on her and me. I also more the more sleep that get, the more sleep they want, and I want him to have a good sleep pattern if I can. I hope you and Thomas sort it out.

Juliette, I hope Hannah has settled down a bit with her feeding. I'm wondering when AF will come back for me as I got it back with DD at 5 weeks. Blake is now 5 1/2 weeks so I'm expecting it soon, mind you he's feeding more than DD did. I also hope she gets over her cold soon too.

Sorry girls as I have to stop the personals there as the washings finished and if I dont get it on the line now Blake will wake up and I wont get it out at all.

Enjoy your afternoon.

Welcome Haysed and Thomas.
    That month seems to have gone fast

Jo, glad to hear Erykah gave you a better night last night. Did the CHN have any suggestions?

Belinda, great to hear that things are going well with you guys. Sounds like Mason is growing quickly!

Linds, woohoo for the great night!! It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do hey LOL!

Shannon, I might have to suss out that FP mobile... although I don't think DH would be too impressed as we only recently bought the one we've got (as DH lost the last mobile - how the heck do you lose a mobile anyway?! LOL). Hope the Zantac helps Jessalyn's reflux. How did she go with the latex dummies?

Heather, yay for Hendrix having such good night sleeps! Esp. 3 nights in a row!

Juliette, hope Hannah is feeling better soon. Poor little thing, must be so hard for her to feed with a stuffed up nose!

Hayseed, welcome! I can't believe Thomas is 1m already... wow! Kynan was like that with the dummy too, only sucking when you held it in. It took until he was about 9w (and 2hrs straight of putting the dummy in and positioning it for him!) until he started getting the idea LOL. He's still not keen on it though... he gets confused and tries to latch on to it as if it's a boob LOL.

Rachel, wow you sound busy! Great that Blake is settling back into his normal routine.

Kynan's been sleeping so well the last couple of nights. Friday night his last feed was at 10pm and he didn't wake until 7am! Last night he fed at 9:30pm and I put him on the boob again at 7:20am when he was fussing and sucking on his fingers. I should have waited until he was crying though as he fell asleep on the boob LOL. But he woke up as soon as I put him back in his cot and he started laughing and talking to his mobile LOL. Very cute.

Hey Brooke,

Missed your post while I was slowly typing mine - was BF & typing one handed LOL! Great to hear that Maya is going so well now and she's not so colicky.

IKWYM about not being able to find any pants to wear. I'm only 2kg away from my pre-pg weight but it all seems to be located around my hips. Very disappointed that my maternity jeans are still the most comfy pants I own LOL.

Would love to start an exercise routine but don't know how I'd find the time to do it... some days I barely have time to eat LOL.

Hi Everyone

Thought i should post while i have a spare 5mins without one of my two screaming.
    I'm having a horrible few days keep thinking i am not a good mum at all.
    Kimberley is gtting a molar through and Alex seems to be grumpy all the time after a feed he is only happy when you sit him up. Not sure what is wrong with him. He will not take a dummy i have to hold it in his mouth then he gets rid of it as soon as i let go.
    He is happy at the moment on the floor watching the telly.

Alex will be 3months old in 3 days not sure where that time has gone.

I'll try and catch up with you and your little ones when i have more time and i feel better.

Thanks for the words of welcome girls.

Hey Rach, are you using the silcone Tommee Tippee dummy (0-3mths)? That is the one I have for my bub and I was thinking the other day that I think it is too small for him to get a good grip. Doesn't seem long enough, but the others seem too....full?? Thomas nearly gags when I have tried him with another type. Sigh....

No visitors today, so things have been pretty good here!! [-o<

Brookey, was it you talking about contraception?? Ahh, now there's a topic that I'm sure is going to get a good thrashing out in here over the next few weeks!! As for me, I'm not going to go on any contraception as we want to have another baby and need to do it rather quickly (LOL) given my age (35 and a half) and the fact that it took us 2.5yrs to get and stay pg with Thomas. God forbid it takes us that long again. So the surgeon told me in the hospital that he would expect me to be trying again and be possibly pg by Christmas/NY. I guess we'll justhave to be careful in the meantime, but hionestly, I can't think of anything I'd rather NOT be doing right now (RAFLMOA)!!

Funny thing happened the other night; I got a phone call just as I sat down to BF the lad. It turned out to be a lady doing a survey and she asked me if I could spare 5 minutes. I told her that I had just given birth and was about to sit down to breastfeed. Plus, if I had a spare 5 minutes in my day, I wouldn't be spending it doing a bloody survey. I would be using it to shower, change, eat or sleep!!

Got her off the phone!!!!

Speak soon

Hayseed

Hi everyone,

Just caught up on the personals, wow can you girls chat!!

Heather - Glad Hendrix is sleeping well for you, it sounds like he is going well.

Jo - Your trip sounded great and you were lucky with the weather. What age/weight do they go in a Jolly Jumper? We have borrowed one from SIL. Establishing regular feeding times is challenging. We have tried to put Amy on regular feeding 3 hrs then extended it to 4 but she seems to feed 2 hrly some days but 4-6 overnight. We sometimes extend the time but gettting her up and playing with her or a dummy if she is really sooky. A business from home sounds great, good luck with it. We are also researching ideas.

Juliette - A change table is great, hope your back is feeling better, I'm sure it is! Poor Hannah I don't blame her for being grumpy, a cold and a sore head, I would be grumpy too.

Shannon - Hope Jess is doing well great news from your last doctors visit. You are doing such a great job and you are so strong. We have a bug mobile for Amy too, actually her nursery is bugs and flowers. A remote mobile is a great idea. We use a latex dummy for Amy but she is not really interested in dummies too much unless she is really unsettled.

Rachel - Yay for the smiling Blake, he is doing really well. Can't wait to meet him when we catch up. Have a job interview for Friday so can we catch up next week? Have paed appoint tomorrow.

Linds - Clever Evan for rolling on his back. 7hrs sleep is great!

Angel - It is funny when they suck their fingers as it can be so loud. Kynan sounds like he is sleeping well.

Hayseed - Good luck with TTC when you start. Because your ob said Jan for you I am going to ask my ob too when we can TTC. I had a C/S too. DH and I are still discussing it but I would like them close together. LOL at the survey woman, bet she isn't phoning back.

Michelle - Hope Alex is not too grumpy, everyone has their grumpy days.

Brooke - Good luck with your thyroid results, I'm sure it will be fine. That's great that you went to the social club, sounds like you had fun. I am going to start exercising next week.

Amy is going great, had a couple of nights where she seemed a bit colicky for a while. She is still such a great baby. DH is doing 50% and I am sleeping through every night so that would help a lot. Yesterday Amy woke for her 9am feed after having 175ml at 5:30 but didn't want it so I had her on my lap for 3 hrs waiting for her to wake up. She slept for 6 hrs which I didn't expect. I was still in PJ's and not showered at lunch time so I decided to do a timetable. I usually go back to bed after the 5am feed but will now exercise, shower, eat and do BB from 5am to 9am. I have worked out the jobs that DH and I have to do so we will get everything done during the day and I have also put in 5 hours of fun/shopping from lunch to 5pm working around feed times. I have a job interview for a promotion on Friday so will spend this week preparing for it (in between baby things). Sounds very anal but I am a list maker and am very excited about my 'structured' day. DH thinks I am having withdrawals from work as I am always busy there.

Have a great day.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast