Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, July '05

Hey all,

That'll serve me right - I dont check in this morning and there are piles of posts!!!
    Right - sleeping on the side. We didn't at first, but now I do all the time. She sleeps so much better its unbelievable, and its much easier to resettle her when she isn't looking at me. We have little bumpers against her tummy and back, and I'm OK with it. The MCHN has OK'd too as she has pletny of air and she is being supported.

Dee - great to see you back. You've been AWOL a couple of days. Love you Av too by the way! How concerning about your FIL. Do you think it will ever be figured out?

Belinda - I've had a pretty constructive day too!! The nappies dried on the line cause it was such a nice day here. I lvoe it when they get out there, it seems to make them fresher. And I've done the housework too as I still have a cripple non my hands..... Grrr....

Juliette - yay on the good sleep. We on the other hand had a crap night. Jenna had her first night wakeup for ever - a 4am feed followed. She is really windy, and wouldn't settle. We ended up giving her water last night, and Shane let her drink 100mls!! I have to admit, I feel like a pretty bad mum otday, but oh well - no point beating myself up about something in the past!

Jo - I have a similar fast let down with Jenna coughing. I tried asking the MCHN and midwives about it, and whether it caused her wind, but noone could ever give me a straight answer! Thanks for yours. It makes sense, but the good news is, my supply has settled down so much now, so there is hope for you too! Mind you - it took 2.5 months!!!!!

Hope your Drs appt went well shannon - I think its almost time for me to book another as my stitches are still really sore. I've given it 3 months, so I'm surprised it hasn't got better. So much for TTCing when I'm too scared for anything to go near there!

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - Yay @ getting a bit done today. Gabby woke up last night too! Must have been in the air. Bummer about your stitches still hurting. Hope the doc can help you on that front.

Jo - yay @ getting better sleeps. It always feels better when you can get back to some kind of routine.

Dee - all the others have told you exactly what I was going to say - you are doing everything right. Most babies will get a funny shape to their head from laying flat but that's just because everything is so soft. It will all go back. Don't doubt yourself - you are a good mother Notice, too, that a lot of babies have a little bald patch at the back of their head from rubbing on the blankets? Sorry to hear about the controversy around your FIL's death. That's a lot of pressure. I hope they can find an answer soon so that Mark can have a bit of closure.

Belinda - well done on your constructive day! Maybe coming in here will mean some motivation from you will rub off on me??

Hi to everyone else! It's getting hard to keep up in both forums with so many more people coming through! It's good tho! It's boring when people don't post

I with the others Dee, you are doing good by Matthew, your MHCN would have said otherwise if there was a worry with his head. Matty has one of those bald patches that Deb was talking about. You are a great mum. keep up the good work! I hope there are some answers about your FIL, must be terrible to hear about it all through the media.

Have you got into a mums group at all Dee? Anyone else?

Shannon - lol at getting 4 or 5 in! EEkkk, we've built a 4 bedroom home with only 2 in mind, suppose we could fit one more. I would love to have 4 but if I had started younger. Hmmm... having 4 under 4 just doesn't appeal to me! I have no preference to being called Nell or Janelle. I changed the sig so it matched the profile on the main site so people knew that Nell was short for Janelle. Nell is easier to type and all my friends call me Nell, so Nell is fine. Thanks for asking though! Do people call you Shan? :-k Just wondered.....

Deb - IKWYM about keeping up with the threads. I try to post as much as I can but it can get too much, especially the preg threads, can't pop my head in there as much as I used to.

Jo - great explanation about the wind, thank goodness someone gave you some hints and tips. Fingers crossed it works for you.

Juliette - yay at Hannahs sleeps, I hope they continue for you.

Fi - sounds like you've had a good day too. Hope it continues!

Hope everyone else is well. Matty is still coughing and a bit grizzly but he is okay, not getting worse which is the main thing.

hey again

Just a quick one

Asked Hubby tonight if he wanted another one, he suggested we get a dog instead LOL

He was in shock that i even bought it up, as i think he thought i would be the last person ever to want to go there again, and i thought i would be too! But anyway he went to bed in shock so will leave him with his thoughts for awhile. And believe it or not, now i have said it to him out loud i am now thinking do i really want another one?? But i am a woman so i can change my mind at anytime If i mention we got a dog then you know the outcome LOL....

Mason is laying in my lap smiling heaps, and i thought it was at me, but no it was my hair!!

Take care
    Belinda

Shannon - yeah, I've heard of those block thingies, I haven't been able to source one up here though...maybe they're on the 'net somewhere. I will have a bit of a look. Hannah does seem to like being on her side when she can, but I've been forcing her to sleep on her back 'cos I don't have anything like that to make sure she stays on her side. The tetra tea tree flakes mattress sounds cool. Way to go on Jessalyn's weight gain. Hannah gets weighed again today. My dr didn't do a pap smear at my 6 wk check. I was kinda expecting to have to do one 'cos I had an abnormal one a couple of years ago and have to have them more frequently now. I just hate them!! At least you can relax now for 2 years!

LOL Belinda re: the dog comment!!

Nell - Good to hear that Matty seems to be fighting off the cough. Hope he's feeling less grizzly soon...

Fi - don't feel bad! You're a great Mum. Jenna probably appreciated the thirst quenching drink. Did you get a better sleep last night *fingers crossed you did*

Jo - Yay for little Erykah sleeping better and having less wind. Way to go on the shopping spree!

Hope everyone else is doing well *sleepy vibes for those who need them*

Hannah and I are ok today. Though DH left the house thismorning forgetting that it's my birthday (26 today...). Oh well...the day isn't over so hopefully he will redeem himself when he gets back from work. I'm not a fan of birthdays...but I kinda expect him to remember!

Debbie Lee Guest

Happy birthday, Juliette!!

Thanks Debbie!

Well I don't know what was wrong last night really but she slept from 9 till 10 then fed loads and I finally got her to settle at 12pm.

She then woke at 3:30am and fed loads again but did not resettle till 6am. I was at my wits end cos I'd get her to sleep then she would wake up even though she was on her side and I was doing everything the nurse told me.

She has got on top of the wind and seems to have no trouble getting it up with little effort from me. However she was still going red in the face and seemed to have trouble farting but got relief once she got them out. They were big ones poor thing.

She then slept till 10:45 so I feel like I got a good amount of sleep eventually.

Hope she is better tonight.

Off to my mates for coffee now

Jo

Hey everyone

shannon: LoL at your hubby's response about another one

Juliette: you can get the buffer things in kmart, target etc or in any baby store, they are about 30 dollars. Safe and sound is one brand of them, i use that in Masons bassinet.
    Also happy birthday

On the topic of forgetting, We forgot our wedding anniversary this year, with a baby around i think its easy to do.

Had a bad morning this morning, woke up to screaming, gggrrr, thought alarm clocks were bad but i think i would rather be woken up by one of them, refused to get up because he had been fed etc, so just kept putting dummy in until he gave in and slept, then got me up at 9am so wasnt too bad. He will soon realise like Luke that mum is not a happy morning person...

Take care
    Belinda

Happy Birthday Juliette, another cancerian :happybday: I`m with Shannon send him a sms asking him if he will be taking the birthday girl out for dinner tonight (hint, hint).

Shannon - we have the same mattress as you. Yay @ Jessalyn`s weight, glad you got indefinate referrals for her. Yay for getting the pap smear over and done with, I`ve had 3 in 2 years and I`m sure if I did get pg soonish there will be another one next year. I`ve also found that male Dr`s seem to be more gentle about doing them then female Dr`s - have others found this? Did your Dr test your pelvic floor? I`m just curious because I`d never heard of them doing so and was quite shocked when my OB tested mine last week. Lol at Corey`s response about #4.

Belinda - I had to laugh at your DH`s response about another baby, your certainly right us women can change our mind whenever we feel like it.

Nell - yes Matthew`s hair started falling out a few weeks ago but I`m still paranoid about his head, your right that my MCHN would have mentioned something if she was worried plus my OB thoroughly checked him over yet again on Friday and didn`t mention it. Actually we didn`t even know it was going to be broadcast over the TV about my FIL, MIL rang up after she saw it plus we got a phone call from Mark`s X saying can she PLEASE be told next time so the boys don`t see it, I tried telling her we didn`t know. I forgot to ask my MCHN about a Mother`s group so I rang the clinic and asked the MCHN who answered the phone she didn`t seem to think there was a Mother`s group in my area, I`d like to go to one so I`ll ask my MCHN when I see her she might be able to tell me if there is one or not. Nell your only 18 months older then me (your b/day is the same day as Mark`s sister) so I`m sure you can fit 4 in!!!! Our renovations haven`t even been started and I tell you we`re running out of room fast.

Deb - It sure is hard to keep up on all the threads, I try to read them but often can`t post everywhere I`d be here all day. Yes Matthew has a baldy spot.

Fi - I don`t think they will ever figure out what happened to Ken. You better go and get your stitches checked out, let us know how you get on.

Jo - Sorry that you had a bad night last night, have a good time at your friends place and hope you have a better night tonight.

Now I think I`ve replied to everyone.

Michelle, Angel and Lesley - hope your all aok.

Just got back from a walk down to the dairy and back with my 3 boys, it`s a 4km walk. Matthew went to sleep and is still just out the back door quite happy in his pram. Poor darling Matthew he`s going to wonder what has hit him this afternoon, hopefully we don`t get too much of a reaction from the needles.

Take Care

Deeanne

My poor little man isn`t a happy chappy, he was not impressed by his jabs, he`s had a little sleep and is starting to stir now.

I`ve got a very painful arm today, I don`t know what I`ve done as I woke up in the early hours of this morning with it aching and it kept waking me up, the pain is in my left elbow which radiates down to my fingers but feels a bit numb as it gets down towards my fingers, Mark thinks it`s Matthew, surely not, I`ve got a lot more lugging around to do yet.

I better go Matthew`s calling me, hope you all have a good night

Take Care

Deeanne

Thanks for all the happy birthdays! Yep Dee - another moody, sentimental cancerian!

I decided not to remind him and see if he remembered. He remembered this arvo and rang me from work. No pressies though. End of the pay fortnight, and not a lot of forethought went into my birthday this year apparently! No worries. I'm not really that keen on birthdays anyhow. At least he remembered! I'll settle for a foot massage, and a bit of time off from Hannah duties (apart from feeding obviously!) I bought myself a camenbert. some crackers, and some chocolate. I've heard that yummy food has no calories on your birthday.

Our appt. with the CHN went well today. Hannah has put on another 360g. I can't believe it. Little chubber. She seems to be working toward a third chin.

Hey guys,

Cant really chat. Trying to sort out Shane's workcover. Unfortunately (in some ways) it looks like he has to go back to work next week. Porblem is, we dont have any way of getting him there and back as he can't drive, and I really dont think its fair to get Jenna up every morning to get him to work.
    We shall see what the insurance company says.

Jo - it soudns like you and I have very similar babies. Jenna had a terrible time with wind for many weeks, but it has settled down alot now. Fingers crossed for you.

Dee - Sounds a bit like carpal tunnel. I got a little bit from feeding her I think and holding all her weight on my bad wrist. Perhaps you need to change your bfding hold??

Juliette - Happy belated birthday. Hope you had a lvoely day. If all else fails, just roll up a bunny rug nice and tight, and use that as a buffer. It works just as well.

Shannon - yay on the pap smear!! J/K...... Yeah I had an episiotomy, I'm wondering if maybe they stitched me further than usual. You know that old joke about the man asking for an extra stitch??? So bad taste.

Belinda. Dont you love it when the dummy works???

Better go,
    Fi

Just popping in to let you know we are ok.
    Kimberley has been very sick and has wanted cuddles all the time then i could her cold.

Alex is doing okay still waking at night but only twice now.

Will catch up soon.

Fi - You might be right, I hadn`t thought of having carpal tunnel, I just hope whatever it is it will go soon.

Juliette - Sounds like your DH and Mark put the same effort in for our birthdays this year. At least you spoilt yourself with yummy food.

Michelle - Hope you recover from your cold quickly. I`m glad your all ok.

Shannon - I really didn`t do too many PF with Matthew but they are obviously ok. Yes I find that with the mattress as well, so I`m just putting flat sheets on but otherwise they are great. Glad that Jess`s liver function isn`t getting any worse. We`ve got another week of school holidays here but the boys go back to their Mum on Sunday morning for the rest of the holidays.

The boys are so good with Matthew, Michael wanted to dress him last night so I stood by and let him and Alister is asking me how many children do I want, I haven`t given him an answer as yet but they do know we`re talking about #2, he goes on to say that Matthew needs company and he wants a new car. Alister also told me yesterday that he loves Matthew even though he would have liked a sister but he said Matthew is sooooooooooooo cute They are just beautiful.

Thought Matthew was going to have a bad night last night, he was grizzly until 9.30 then slept until 5am so that was ok.

Take Care

Deeanne

Well I feel refreshed. Went on my Mums with Prams walk this morning (yep - I actually made it out of the house this time!). It does make you feel so much better when you spend a bit of time outside (lovely day today too).

Dee - I was thinking it sounds like carpal tunnel too...I had it really bad in pg, and I still have a little tingling left. If it's right up to your elbow it could also be Ulnar tunnel syndrome. It depends on which fingers it's affecting. If it's the thumb, index, and middle fingers (sometimes with the ring finger too) it's carpal tunnel. If it's the little finger and ring finger it could be ulnar tunnel. Not much fun in either case. Hope it clears up for you soon!

Shannon - good to hear Jess' LFT came back stable. She seems to be coming ahead in leaps an bounds in every other way. Hannah's 360g was for one week. She's putting on between 270g and 370g each week. Seriously chubby. She is now 5360g at 6 weeks - well and truely out of newborn sized nappies!

Jo - how did Erykah go last night? I hope she was more settled for you.

Michelle - Sorry to hear you're not well. It's a terrible season for colds, flu, and coughs. Hope Kimberly is feeling better now.

Fi - It would be pretty tough having to take Shane to work each morning and try to fit that in with Jenna's routine - does she sleep well in the car? I hope you can sort something out...is there anyone who works with him and lives near you? Hope the insurance company is helpful.

Megan - hope things are going well for you and Finlay? Haven't seen you for a few days....

Hope everyone else and bubs are well!

I don't believe it typed a really long reply and then somehow deleted it.

I had a really bad night and cried most of the day. Went to the doctors who suspects reflux and has said I need to be strict on her settling and let her cry to sleep.

It has worked so I am heading to bed. I need more than 4hours sleep tonight as I am shattered.

Fingers crossed.

Jo

Jo - Don't listen to the drs when they say things like that!!!!! Newborns just wont self settle (well if you're lucky they might!). Jenna now at nearly 3 months is only just starting too, and only when she is relaxed. Reflux babies have such a hard time in bed when they are upsetas it burns their poor little throats.
    You stick by your guns, and follow your instincts, cause that Dr isn't coming to look after your baby for you day after day after day!!!! Babies this age like lots of cuddles, and you wont spoil the little darling. Give it all the love you can, and dont be strict - they just dont understand. And your crying will stop too. Give that time. I've only just started to get my emotions together, and I still have bad days. Its such an experience, and no wonder we shed a few tears. Sorry about the bad night. Think of it this way - take 2 great nights, 2 terrible nights, and 3 average nights in a week. If you've had a bad one, a good one is just around the corner. Hugs to you, you are a great mum, and you are doing a wonderful job!!

Wow Juliette!! Hannah is a chubby bubby!! Jenna is the same weight, and is twice the age!! Whatever you are doing must be working well. Congrats for you! Are you or your DH/DP tall??

Dee - sounds like you will miss the boys with one hand, and be happy to have some time to yourself with the other. I'm very jealous Mark's kids get to play with Matthew. i wish Jenna could meet her brothers and sister, but that aint going to happen anytime soon. How nice they want a sister too!! Hopefully the little spermies oblige you next time around!

Shannon - great that Jess is putting on the weight too. And, at least she isn't going backwards. I still have to answer your last PM - I haven't forgotten, just haven't got around to it yet!!

Michelle - I hope you have enought cuddles to give both your bubbies. Yay on only 2 wakeups!!

As for me? Well lots of netball today, which was nice. One of my girls played up last week in U17s and got best for them, so that was really exciting for me. Unfortunately I can't take alot of credit for someone elses skills......
    Shane's current employer has said he has no work for shane at only 10% capacity, so he will be off work for about 4 weeks. Not sure how happy I am..... He's already driving me spastic, but it is nice to have another hand about the house. The previous employer's insurance company is having to pick up the bill, but they are only obliged to pay at 1996 rates when the injury occured, which is about half of what he gets now. So things will be very tight unless Lara is definitly sold. I should know by my birthday! So happy birthday to me lets all hope.

Keep safe all,
    Fi

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast