Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Debbie Lee Guest

LOL @ Shane. So do you think you will express more so that he can feed Jenna?

Nat - good to hear that you are in a good place with the formula thing. I am sure your DH knows that you were grateful for the rest!

Sounds like daddy really enjoyed feeding Jenna hey Fi?! How good is it that he got to see how busy your day can be, a bit of a wakeup call!!! I think Alexzander just needed some time to work out his sleep. I have found though if I give him his bottle earlier than 10.00 he doesn't sleep as well & will be up a few more times than if I do it after 10.00. It just means I have to juggle the rest of the days feeds to make sure he can have one at 10.00. I love going to parties, everyone wants a cuddle so I potentially could get a few hours off. Also I appreciate it more cos I am out of the house, I'm going stir crazy being here all day every day.

Meant to mention before Nat, I'm going to get the books with Zander's name in them. I have a pamphlet here so am planning on ordering some for Christmas. You can get them put into a Santa story or a whole bunch of Disney stories - Finding Nemo, Alladin etc.

Oh yeah Deb, I feel great now that I'm getting some good sleep. Usually I get 5hrs then 2 or 3hrs & I'm loving it Wow at Hanna's boyfriends family being millionaire, pretty cool!

Deb - I have a pile of frozen bottles in the freezer, we just dont really make the time for him to do it. Although he's getting more confident with amounts and defrosting the stuff, so I'm guessing the next time he's babysitting and she cracks it, he might just help himself and I'll have to express when I get home!! At least I dont have any problems doing it - I regularly get 60mls from each side if not more, and its SUCH a bonus being able to hand-express. I'm glad I learnt how.

Bloody child has just woken up again!! Everytime I get on to this string!! Does she have some sort of psychic ability or what?

Fi

Hey girls,
    POsted on friday but my computer froze and I lost it. Got back on to post and every time I pushed the space bar an apostrophy would appear, so I decided I couldn't be bothered!!

Went to mum's for the w/e, went to see the local theatre comp play... Peter Pan. It was actually quite good Wato's mum makes all the costmes... talented woman she is! Just don't go to her house when it is all most prodution time!! Clothes form A-hole to breakfast!! LOL
    Then yesterday it was my nieces 3rd bday. We got her a My Little Pony and a colouring book.
    Went Swimming on Friday with Emily... My first outing without Violet! Picked up my chair, which is fantastc! everyone including the cat sits in it... but it's MY chair
    Emily has been suffering from a cold... now Violet has caught it...urghh. Thankfully it isn't too bad...yet!

Trish... I am glad they Teyah is on the mend... but I am sorry to hear you are suffering now!! Never end for you! I hope settles soon.

Deb, I had to lol at the dockers story. Good on Niel for calling out... it's just too bad the Cats lost! I tipped the Cats! Darn it! At least the Woodsmen won again

Sarah, Yay for more sleep, and yay for new clothes!

Fi, sorry to hear your team lost. If Shane wants to look after her more...let him I say

Nat, sorry to hear you house has been suffering from yucky bugs lately.

Zola, good to hear from you. I have Violet in 00 too now although she still fits in a lot of her 000's too, I think the 000 suits are way to small!

Dinky, great to hear you are getting some time without visitors. Totally cannot relate tho... I never get visitors ...lol

Well, I did my best to catch up, but thats what you get for not posting for a few days!

Tanya

Hi Girls,

While I have read over the last 3 pages I have not a chance at the moment of catching up with it all.

Thankyou all for you well wishes. Tehya was discharged today from hosp. and we have to see the Paed again on Friday if I can get through to make the damn appt) I think she still wouldn't be in if I hadn't kept on persisting and pushing for follow ups. My GP actually referred her for a chest xray on Friday morning and the Dr at the radiologist centre told me that she had pneumonia and that I should take her straight back to the Dr's. By the time I had gotten there the radiologist had faxed through the report and he was waiting for me. One look at the xray and we were sent straight back to the hosp.

We got through triage pretty quickly but stayed down in the E.R until 7 that night (we'd gotten there at 12.30pm) The hardest thing was watching them try to put in the damn canula. After 2 attempts the first Dr gave up. He had tried both hands and one of them is still really bruised now. The next Dr searched her for what looked like a "good, juicy vein" she tried her right arm but that was no good too. Last attemp was her left foot, they wrapped her foot in a warm blanket to help it to swell. Thankfully this one worked because the next place was her head. She stayed on iv antibiotics until we were ready to leave today, but there aren't any for her to take now.

It's very noisy there and I think I averaged anout 3hours of broken sleep each night so that has played havock with my health and now I have a nasty case of tonsilitis. Think I need to take me to the Drs now

I took so pics of Tehya in the hosp and when I get the chance I will post some on her site. Of course she stayed happy and smiley throughout most of it. Part of the reason they sent us home on Tuesday night. baby was too happy. wtf!!!

One plus about being in hosp. though. Tehya has learnt how to self settle. I was just putting her down in her cot in there and she would fall asleep by herself. Have to wonder if it is just because she's sick though. Will keep trying it at home and see.

N E Ways, good to hear that all mums and bubs are doing well and I promise to do a proper catch up tomorrow. One tha's not all about us

Off to try and have a nap while she's asleep.
    Take care
    Trish

Hey Trish, glad to hear that Tehya is home and doing better, very scary for you. I hope that you get better soon, how's the rest of the gang going?

Deb - what a great day of cleaning you got done yesterday! Where did all that energy come from?

Sarah - yay for you and Zander! You must have thought it was weird the first night when you woke up later than normal, I hope it continues for you. What a great idea about the name in the book for Christmas, I've seen those things around and I might just have to get him one.

Nat - I'd really love to get his name in songs but it'll have to be at a later stage. The bucks aren't really there for us atm, but thanks for the offer.

Fi - glad to hear that Shane went well yesterday. You must be so looking forward to your NZ trip!

Dinky - great to hear from you, glad that things are going okay.

Tanya - great to hear from you as well. I hope that Violets cold doesn't get any worse.

Well had mums group and it went well. He didn't scream, thank goodness. He was a happy boy and was chatting away to the other bubs. Very cute!

Anyway - hope you girls don't mind me being in here - the 3-6 month thread isn't very active atm - not until you girls get there!

Sarah - thought the mods would have locked this thread by now or is there something else happening?

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - soooo good to hear from you. Sounds like hospital was fun - not! You must feel like a train wreck. Don't worry about catching up with us - just get some rest, girl!

Nell - good to hear that Matty behaved himself at mother's group. Of course you can hang out in here! We'll all be in the other thread before we know it n e way! It's almost like they need a 1-6 month thread instead of them being broken up so much. Although, I guess, there's a great deal of difference between a 1 month old and a 6 month old. Who knows, hey?

Tanya - awww... can't wait to buy Gabby a "My Little Pony"! So glad they are still in vogue. Hope your chair is nice and comfy (and that you have had a chance to sit in it!). It's always the way. Guess it's part and parcel of being a Mum - you have to share all your nice things. I told Mum off for giving us her barbie stuff from when she was little because we destroyed it all! I swear, we were devil children. Our barbies all ended up with new hair dos (leaving them bald after a while) and extra make-up (liquid paper). Nothing nice stayed nice. I hope Gabby doesn't inherit that trait!

I ended up getting out of the house n e way. I found myself eating anything and everything so I thought "Right! That's it!!" and jumped in the car. We visited a couple of people and came home after only having 1 cup of coffee and no nibbles. Thank goodness! I have told Neil to take the rest of the cake I baked to work tomorrow or otherwise I would eat it all. I can't be trusted!

Gabby has been gorgeous all day. She slept from 8-12pm today then cat-napped at my friend's house but she was happy when she was awake. Love these sort of days!

Sarah - I have already done one of those scrapbook pages (from the link you sent me). It's the "It's A Girl" page. It looks really good. Will take a pic once it is dry and in the album. I have also planned the first few pages and have collected bits and pieces to be included on the pages. I just have to get some more paper so will scope out some more stuff on ebay. Thanks once again for that link! It's great to get the bits and pieces already organised so that I can get an idea of how it all works. It's so much fun! I can see why you guys do it.

Deb, it sounded funny when you said you couldn't wait to get Gabby a My Little Pony, cause my neice is Gabby too

Great to hear from you Trish hope thigs are on the up and up... and stay there!

Tanya

Just a quick one - I could get interrupted at any second!!

Trish - I'm pleased that hospital wasn't too hard for Tehya - I wish it was easier on you, but I guess as adults we are better equipped to cope wit h these things huh? Hoping you both have a speedy recovery!

Jenna has a touch of conjunctivitis, which has got better already. Apparently the breastmilk in the eye thing is a good one! I feel like my eye is styarting to get stciky though too. Never mind.

First mothers group yesteday - seems like a nice mix of women. Should be good. Shame the nurse is a bit of a twit.

Myer sale - OMG!!! How good is it! I went last night and got some new maternity bras for really cheap!! And some granny undies as mine keep rolling under my belly. I'm still in a 16 though, which has got me totally depressed. I tried on some clothes as well and nothing fitted well. Of course I tried on Levis which are always small, and country road stuff which is even worse!!! Their 16s wouldn't even do up!!!! BUM!

OK - enough about me, but she's beginning to grizzle on her mat, so I might have to go. I have the musical toy going, and she loves it!! Yay, free entertainment.

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - Awww poor Jenna with her sticky eye! I hope a dose of BM does the trick! Bumma about the size 16 not fitting quite yet - but you are right, those brands probably put a size 16 tag on a size 12! Take heart... I haven't fit into a size 16 in very many years! LOL @ the free entertainment for Jenna! Gotta love that!

Tanya - that's uncanny that your neice is Gabby too!

After her bottle last night, I was wrapping Miss Gabby up and she was just so content so i thought I might put her down in her cradle awake to see what would happen. Within 2 minutes she drifted off to sleep all on her own! Not even one grizzle! It might have been a fluke but I will try it out again tonight. She slept through aswell so it didn't make a difference to her sleeping pattern. She's being a pain this morning but we have to go to mother's group n e way so she can sleep there! LOL (wishful thinking!)

Hi

Thought I would dash off a quick post before my visitors arrive again...grrr!!!

Fi - I hope that Jenna gets over her sticky eye soon. Bummer about the clothes not fitting, I am sure they are all getting smaller!

Deb - YAY on the self settling Gabby, what a good girl she is! It must be the time as Hayley has just started to do it too. Would love to know that link you used for scrapbooking, I am dying to start one for Hayley.

Trish - I hope that Tehya is on the mend, now its time for you to get better too!

Nell - It wont be long and we will all be in the 3-6m thread!

Tanya - Maybe I could send my visitors to you!

I know that I have forgotten a heap of people, sorry!!! Not much sleep here last night. Very frustrating. Had a brilliant day with Hayley yesterday but last night was a whole new thing, she just wouldnt settle at all. Hayley is finally growing and is out of a few of her 00000 and prem things, so we might be able to move her up to the 0000 things all the time now. That would be good.

Well, I better go as Hayley is down for a nap and I am hoping that I will be able to make a start on the housework and hopefully have some time to look at what shopping I need, cupboards are pretty bare atm. I am dreading my visitor, she is having trouble with her ex-hubby and is coming over to whinge yet again, she has been here every day with moans about him, at this point I dont really care and it means that I cant get done what I need to.

Oh well, I hope that you are all doing well and will catch up again soon.

Fi, sorry to hear that Jenna has conjunctivitis. Breast milk is supposed to work a trick on it. Hey, maybe you can try it in your own eye too LOL I went out shopping with Mum last week and was trying on these pants in JayJays as they were all on special. 3 different pairs and none of them fitted me properly, the ones that I did manage to button up were so tight that my flabby belly just hung over them I refuse to buy the next size up too. The sad thing is I not long gave away all of my size 12 stuff before I fell pg with Tehya as I had gotten back down to a 10 finally. Now I have nothing that fits me.

Deb, hope that you have a great day today at your Mothers group today. Yay at Gabby going down by herself now too, hopefuly she keeps it up for you. Well done on the scrapbooking too girl. It's very relaxing and I find it's a great diet incentive. You don't want to eat while scrapping or you''ll get food on your pics. If you want some more scrappin sites let me know. I have heaps.

Sarah, hope that Zander is doing good. Great to hear that he is sleeping well for you too. So you too have been scrapping. You must share the web site with me that you have been looking at. Shame we all live so far apart, we could have scrappin days.

Nell, I think that the mods are letting the thread got he extra few days til the end of the month. Hope that Matty is going well.

Tanya, isn't it funny how the things we had as kids are coming back around. Like Cabbage Patch Kids, My Little Ponies and Care Bears. I love them all and can't wait to start buying them for Tehya. Hope that Violet's cold goes away soon and the other girls are all doing well.

Nat, those song tapes you are talking about. Can you get them in any name or just the more popular names? Hope thay Jacob is doing well too. Sounds like he is growing nicely.

Dinky, Good to hear that Hayley is doing well. And aren't you the lucky girl getting a new car. I so wish, instead I get a second hand old van. Oh well, better than walking.

Zola, good to hear that Bas is growing nicely too. I have Tehya is some 00's mostly for her length as she is still pretty skinny. I have her in the capsule in the car still but in the van she's in the reversable car seat an sits quite comfie in it. She is getting alittle long for the capsule.

I'm sure that I have forgotten somebody and I am truely sorry. Hope that you and your bubs are doing well too.

Well if poor Tehya didn't have enough on her plate at the moment she sure has now. Bloddy Noah tipped her rocker upside down this morning and trew her out of it straight down on her front. Totally flipped her. I had just walked into his room to put away some ironing when I heard this bang, I thought it was him jumping of the lounge, then I heard her scream. Poor bub cried for arouond 30 minutes. I have checked over completly and the only mark I an find is one on her chin. Hopefully there is nothing serious going on. She is still quite grizzly but I don't know if thats because she's not well or not.

Mark went out and brought a new heater to go in our room yesterday. We have to try and keep the house warm at all times for her atm. she could very easily get sick again. Fingers crossed she keeps getting better and not worse.

Take care
    Trish

Yay for getting your chair Tanya, they're great aren't they Yuck at the cold going around you house as well. My little monkey is still in 000 clothes & some are still a bit long in the legs, maybe he's going ot be short like his mummy! You get no visitors huh? Well we'll just have to see about that when we come down to Victoria in November / December.

Yay at Tehya learning to self settle, I meant to reply to that SMS the other day, but Zander started playing up, sorry. LOL at scrapbooking being a good diet incentive! Poor Tehya being chucked out of her rocker. Any idea why he did it? Fingers crossed you can keep the house warm enough so Tehya doesn't get sick again.

Yay for mum's group going well yesterday Nell. And yeah I'd agree with Trish, Kathryn is probably just waiting out the end of the month rather than starting a new thread now. Don't worry about being in here either & like you said we'll all catch up soon enough

Deb it used to be 1-6months, but the threads just got soooo big that we changed it. LOL at barbies getting haircuts, we were talking about that just last night! My younger sister gave everything haircuts, even herself once! Yay for getting your first scrapbook page done Can't wait to see it. Yay at Gabby self settling last night, I wish!

Yuck at the conjunctivitis Fi, poor Jenna Bumma about the jeans not doing up. I'm in between sizes at the moment which is a real pain in the bum. 14s are too big, but 12s are too small ](*,) Glad your mother's group went well yesterday too.

Yay at Hayley growing into bigger clothes, it's like they get a whole new wardrobe every few months Bleurk at your visitor, what a pain coming to whinge every single day. I'll PM you the link as well for the scrapbooking stuff.

I'm really cranky at the moment. Zander's hammock has got paint chipping off it & I don't know where the paint chips went. I just hope he hasn't swallowed any of it. I've sent an e-mail to the company, hoping that they can do something about it.

I've decided to try something new as well with daytime sleeps. I put Zander in his cot at 11.10 & he has slept since which is unusual cos I only get 1/2 an hour unless he is being cuddled during the day. He had a bit of a grizzle a few minutes ago so I turned on his mobile, it has a remote control so I did from outside his room where he couldn't see me. He's quiet again, so I'm hoping he'll stay that way for a while.

Spoke too soon #-o

Wow Trish!! A mammoth post!! Naughty Noah - You must have to watch him like a hawk at the moment. IKWYM about the cold - the room we are sleeping in at my parents house is very damp and cold - I'm not sure how we are going to keep it warm. Also the dogs are used to sleeping on the bed, so we will have to keep the room shut up so they dont get in. They wont like that!!! Keep your little girl bundled up - you dont want her getting worse.

Dinky - I reckon clothes are getting smaller too - although I did check out my arse and backfat - I really need to start a dieting regime!! I am also determined to exercise at least 5 days a week. Netball training tonight, so it should be OK. I am desperate to get back into my favourite size12 jeans before the end of winter! Have fun with the housework and the visitor. Hopefully she brings something nice to nibble on!!

Deb - Yay on the self settling!! At mothers group yesterday I couldn't see any point in cuddling Jenna when she was happy, so I just put heron the rug on the floor, she giggles away for 10-15 mins, then bugger me she went to sleep!! The problem was she wasn't wrapped, so she kept jerking and waking herself up.

Tanya - hope you are enjoying your chair!! Can the cats get up there with you? I miss cuddling mine in bed - sometimes we let them in if Jenna has had a 4am or later wake up. They burrom under the covers and lean against us. Very cute!

Sarah - its great you are working out a routine with Zander. I guess what they say is true - the first 6 weeks are the toughest!! Lookingback, would you do anything differently?? I dont mean to drag up regrets, but I'm interested in your lessons learned. I think we will all do things a bit differently next time around.

Oh - and I meant to say we got 8:30 to 5am!!!!! Well she woke up at 4am, but then Shane cuddled her while I got up and made a cup of chamomile tea and expressed a bit (I was rock bloody hard....) - when I got back they were both asleep again!!

What bliss - here's hoping some of it continues!

Fi

Just popping in to say hi to everyone but especially to say get well soon to Teyha and Trish. Boy things have been tough for your whole family health wise Trish, so I hope you all feel better soon.

Best wishes Michelle

I'm not sure that I would do all that much differently Fi. I love the cuddles we have together cos I know that all too soon he'll be too big to cuddle up & go to sleep on mummy's knee. It is tough & people say about making a rod for you back & whatever, but I'm happy to go about things this way for the moment. It's just sometimes I need to have a break.

Well, there he goes again, so I'm off.

Awww Trish! Poor little Teyah!! Emily rocks Violet in her rocker quite vigorously, but has never tipped her out... yet. I try to keep her away from her when she is in the rocker. There has been a couple of time when she has actually stepped on her, she just wasn't watching where she was going... she is usually coming to me when she does it and only looks at me when she comes and not around her. Poor babies have to put up with a lot when their older siblings are toddlers.

Deb, Well done with the self settling! I'm sure she will do it again, it is a great habbit to get her into.. imagine a toddler wanting to be cuddled to sleep.... ahhhh!! LOL

Sarah, I hope you can get some better sleep out of Zander with a change... fingers crossed!
    My chair is great... just ask everyone who lives here I still need a pillow to rest bub on tho, but it beats my couch!
    As for visiting... Would love to see you ... I am still hoping that we will make it to Melb this year... Then I can hopefully meet Deb, Fi, Nell, Nat, Kazz, Cailin, Kelly, Rob, Shannon, Mitch (thats if they all go) and whoever else goes....

Fi, I used to loooove sleeping with Dusty like that, but Wato never likes sleeping with the cats in the room (he has a slight allegy to them). One night I had him under the covers and wato comes in and asks if there were any cats... I said no. Right after I said it Dusty popped his head out and shoock it so his bell rang.. so he got kicked out...lol... silly puss!

Dinky, you can keep your visitors if they just come around to winge! But you must be a great friend if they come over to talk to you about there probs... good on you! It's just too bad that it happens every day!

Trish I love all the revamped toys! Cause I was playing with them the first itme around (I was still in primary school), now my girls get to play with them too!! Cool thing is I still have my care bare (that my sister gave to me for one of my bdays many years ago) that the girls all love now! I also have a few other toys too. One is a toy train that is still in its box. I was never allowed to play with it! Now it is still in mint condition... My parents knew that if I had've gotten my hands on it it would've been DISTROYED!

Well Violet had a problem yesterday evening... I don't think she was feeling very well... poor chook! Hopefully today is better. She is still a little sniffly.

Tanya

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast