Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month - 3 Months, May '05 #2

Same as Matty Nell, he fights sleeping during the day. Funny thing is when we are out he's fine, looks around at everything & loves it but he gets tired pretty fast then gets cranky! Just ask Fletch He was an angel for most of the day then he cried & cried in the car on the way home.

Speaking of which, how frustrating is it when they cry in the car???? He cried for 20mins & I couldn't pull over anywhere ](*,) It got to the point of me yelling, "I can't pull over, just wait!" Oopsy!

When Matty does that, that is when I pop on Hi-5 for him to listen to. I swear it works everytime, and he is soon asleep. Doesn't work at home though, not sure why?

Matty loves looking at things out and about too but I have had to quickly put things down and walk out of a shop because he cries - loudly!

I think I might have to invest in a Hi-5 or other kids CD to put in the car. I hadn't even thought about doing that.

Everyone has been very quiet. I hope all mums & bubs are ok....

We're good Mum went chop & bought Alexzander some new clothes - 3 jumpers, a pair of jeans, a pair of cargo pants & 2 pairs of shoes. The shoes are for 3-6months so I thought they'd be too big, but nope they fit my big foot bubba!!

Ooooh! Poor Trish and Tehya! I hope she gets better really quickly. I get so scared at the thought of jenna getting sick. And the IV thing! Youchies. I don't like it when they take more than once to get a needle in me - let alone the poor baby.

Nell - We have good days and bad days with Jenna. Of course - everytime Shane gets home, she's asleep, so it seems like she does that all day. No such luck!! She and daddy are asleep in bed now. I've been out shopping - just getting photos developed - FINALLY!! I got 112 copies done, so thats enough to fill a new born album I guess, with a few to give away.

Deb - hope everything is OK with you. Guess you are having a busy weekend??

Sarah - yay on the clothes! I really want to buy some more, but I haven't even got through most of the 000's yet. Damn it - I want to buy some more cute pink stuff!!

No more news with me - my girls lost again this morning, but it was to the top team. They have a state player, so I didn't think 50 odd-4 was toooo bad. We normally lose about 40-10. It was ****ing down, and freezing cold!! Dont you love winter sports?

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh no! Poor little Tehya! My thoughts are with you at this time, Trish. At least they finally know what the hek is wrong with the poor little sausage. Hope you can get a good rest once everything is back to normal :hugs:

Fi - bummer about the girls losing netball today. Twas bloody freezing!! My sister wanted us to come down and watch her BF play footy (he plays for St. Albans Park) but there was no way! The heater was far too lovely today! I hear you on wanting to buy some more clothes but Gabby has soooo many lovely things that it would just be silly of me. I have to find some time to go through all her 00-1 clothes that are piled on the spare bed. Before I know it, she will be in 00s! Thanks for asking about me. It hasn't been busy - just too cold out in the shed

Sarah - LOL @ your big-foot-bubba! Sounds like your Mum had a good time shopping. I bet he looks so cute in all his new clothes. I love little boys in cargo pants! Soooo cute! And those little dress-shirts. They look like little men, hehe. I am with you on the crying in the car. She wants her dummy most of the time and I just can't reach to pop it back in her mouth. Every time the car stops "Waaaaaaahhhhh!". It's a pain!

Nell - sounds like Matty is going well. It's hard when they don't sleep during the day - even if you do have a good night's sleep. It's just constant, isn't it? It's not like you get a lunch break like you do with other jobs!

Neil has been a very good boy this weekend. We hung out last night and he gave Gabby a bath. I asked him to not go to bed until I had gotten her down so that we could fall asleep together. Of course, he was dozing when I walked in but popped his head up when he heard me and said; "I'm awake!!" LOL. Needless to say he zonked it as soon as my head hit the pillow. We did the groceries after some visitors left today and then watched the football. Mum came over to watch the footy too.
    Gabby has been cranky all day. Mum thinks it might be wind. I dunno. I think she is just having a cranky day! She is asleep atm - will see how long that lasts!
    Not much on for tomorrow. Neil has to work on his catalogue so I will probably do housework. Fun, fun!

Zander has got so many clothes too Fi, but Granma just can't help herself! Bumma about losing netball as well. Yuck at playing in the cold & rain, that's the one thing I hated when I used to play.

YAY for Neil being good this weekend Deb, sounds like you guys have had a nice weekend.

I can't wait to have a weekend to ourselves, Zander is 10 weeks old & we haven't had a weekend with just the three of us yet. Today Aaron is at the V8s at Eastern Creek, his friend won tickets to it. Next week I have Fletch's baby shower on Sunday, then the week after is Amanda's 21st cruise on Saturday & my uncle's surprise 60th on Sunday. There' just waaay too much going on round here.

Hey everyone.

I've only caught up on the last 2 pages...it's sooo busy here! Having visitors, going out visiting, and we've started to paint our house, so that's taking up most of the spare time I have!

Trish... I hope Tehya ges better soon. I can't imagine how worried you must be about her.

Sarah... glad that Zander is feeding a bit better now. Lets hope that he fits into those new clothes snugly We are really luck with Bastian because as soon as he gets in the car he pretty much goes to sleep, and even if he doesn't he's quite happy to look out the window. Our little boofa is now wearing mostly 00 clothes and I had to put his car seat in this week cause he was getting a bit squished in his capsule!

Deb, I'm glad you had a nice day with Neil. I honestly don't think the men have a clue what to expectgg with a first baby. Felius is complaining that he's tired and never gets time to relax when he gets home... Hello!! Try staying home and dealing with it aaaalll day. It's still nice to get some "together time" though, hey

Fi.... wow! I thought I was doing well walking to the end of our street and back! (It is just under 2ks, for those thinking I was a bit of a wuss ) That takes me about 45 -60 mins, depending on if I go via the beach. Well done you for walking for 3 hours! i had a squizz at your birth story too..wow!

I hope everyone else is doing well ans little bubs are behaving for their tired parents

Hi Girls!

I have managed to get the dreadful cold that has been going around and have been laid up for the weekend. I had Josh home on Tuesday with the sore throat and headache and Christian home on Wednesday and Thursday with the cough, sore throat and runny nose. I managed to get the works! Jeff has been handling all the kids well but I didn't know, and still don't, whether to hug him or kill him when he told me he went and bought formula for Jacob and gave it to him. He hadn't told me that he had used the EMB for Jacob on Friday night when I started getting sick and went to bed early - I thought Jacob must have just had a good sleep since he didn't wake me to feed him. So on Saturday night when I was asleep - and looking quite feral - he decided that I needed a good nights sleep and made the decision to pop down to the chemist and grab a packet of the satchels of formula so he could feed Jacob. I feel horrible that I couldn't say either "Good thinking. I really needed the sleep" or "OMG, what were you thinking!". 24 hours later I still don't know what I feel.

Zola - Good luck with the painting. We've still got a bit that we should have done here by now, but something always comes up that prevents us restarting. I can't wait until we finally do the kitchen - it's been driving me nuts for the last year. Strangely enough we have all the apint we need sitting in the garage just waiting for us to use it.

Fi - Bummer about netball!

Sarah - Woo hoo on the shopping. Wow Zander is 10 weeks already. The time is going way to fast.

Trish - I hope Tehya gets better quickly. Thinking of you both.

Deb - Glad to hear that you and Neil had a good weekend.

Nell - I agree the music can work wonders. For each of the boys I have bought a tape/CD with songs that sing their name in the songs. I got Matthew's as a gift when I had him and thought it was a pretty cool idea, then got them for the others when they came along. Have no idea what they have done with them - probably somewhere in the bottomless pits they call their bedrooms, but Jacob's is in the CD player in his room and I have got a copy for the car.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Does anyone know how Tehya is? I hope that she is okay.

Sarah - Matty is big in the feet as well and I tried some shoes on him we got as a gift and they fit! OMG - it is tradition in DH's that all the males have big feet so it'll be interesting to see what size he does end up with.

I have tried to get on here during the weekend but everytime I got on, I was needed either by my darling son or darling hubby.

Nat - oohh I love the idea of songs with their name in them! I've have to keep an eye out for those! I agree, I wouldn't know what to think if DH gave Matty formula... I must admit that we do have some in the pantry in case there is a time he cracks it so much I think he may be hungry and not getting enough from me... even though I have a heap of feeds in the freezer. What have you decided to do?

Deb - your w/e sounds lovely and sorry to hear Geelong lost. Not sure how Freo did it... did you end up doing the housework yesterday?

Fi - winter is here and sorry to hear the girls lost netball. I love getting the photos developed, they are good to look at the computer but even better when they are in an album, have fun sorting them!

W/e for me was busy, but Matty is okay. Think I'll have to face facts that he won't snooze. Have mums group today and last week he screamed the place down so it'll be interesting to see what he does this week!

Just a quickie cos Zander is crying....

Tehya is coming home today She still has a chesty cough, but they are happy for her to go home. Trish now has tonsilitis & is obviously very tired.

Debbie Lee Guest

OMG... poor Trish can't cut a break, can she?? Glad to hear that Tehya is well enough to come home tho.

Nell - Yes... Neil was miserable on Saturday night after the cats lost (not by much, thankfully). I told him because he had yelled "Go Gats" at Freo that he must have spurred them on, LOL. Anyway, after the game he went down the street to get DVDs and some wine. He went into the video shop and they have changed everything around. N E way, he got the usual 2 new releases and 3 new to weekly but the new to weekly's had moved so the chick behind the counter made him feel like a moron for thinking they were new to weekly's when they were really new releases. He got in the car and sat on the wine cask! LOL Needless to say, he was reeeeeeallly ****ed off! He came up the driveway like a bat outta hell and I heard the horn in his car go off a little as he punched his steering wheel. Meanwhile, I was at home with Mum. Neil's mobile rang and it was his brother saying he was coming over (he was drunk). So, straight away, I start getting annoyed because it would mean that Neil and his brother would probably get into a session and have a late night again. Neil walked inside in a huff and it took a good few minutes to get out of him what was wrong. Meanwhile, I was thinking "Great! Now I won't get a chance to talk to him and tell him not to start getting ****ed with his brother so that his brother leaves". So, we ended up having a huge blue in front of Mum! Gabby had been a pain all day (Mum says it was wind but I say it was Mum picking her up as soon as she so much as grizzled!). Urrgh! A mess. And all because fricken Geelong lost, LOL. We sorted it all out tho - I apologised for getting angry with him for something that he hadn't even done yet,
    Hope Matty behaves at Mum's group this week!

Nat - sorry to hear you haven't been feeling the best. I can understand that you are of two minds for your DH going and getting formula. Tell me to shut up if you like, but maybe it would be best just to look at it in a positive light. He did something pro-active that allowed you to get the rest you needed. Has it hurt Jacob? Probably not. Will he reject the boob from one formula feed? Probably not. The important thing is that you got a rest when you really needed it. Maybe it's just a problem because the decision was taken away from you? Like I said, tell me to shove it where the sun don't shine but there's not much you can do about it now so it's probably best not to stew over it. I am with you on wanting the kitchen painted. I did say I wouldn't complain once it was in and functional, but not I want the walls and floor done. I am never content! LOL - you guys are well ahead of us tho. We don't even have the paint!

Zola - you are right about some men having no clue about how our lives change when babies come along! Even after we pump them full of info! Goes to show how much they listen to us. I have told Neil several times that he should read up on things (uno... get "So You Are Going to Be A Dad" books). Of course, he didn't so that's what he gets for being ignorant I say!! LOL

Sarah - Maybe you will just have to make a weekend to yourselves and tell everyone to nick off! Uno... pick a weekend and tell everyone that you are busy. If something crops up, you can't make it. I have actually cancelled on a couple of things now and I felt sooooooo good when I didn't have to go anymore! Not like before where I felt so totally guilty. Although, they are pretty huge things you have coming up. Maybe only stay for a short time? Thanks for filling us in about Tehya. I was going to SMS Trish but I didn't want to hassle her.

After Gabby outright refused to sleep on Saturday, she was as good as gold yesterday. Literally up for 1 hour, down for 2. I got SOOOO much done. Vacuuming, dishes, baked a cake, made choc mousse for dessert, mopped the floor, got up to date with the washing, cleaned the bathroom (even got to scrub the shower caddy!), cleared out some of the crud in the spare room and cleaned the loo! I went nuts! The house still isn't 100% but it is much nicer now. So today is a rest day I think!

Fi - how did mother's group go?

Wow at such a good day yesterday Deb. I would love one of those! Yucko at the big fight with Neil, but at least it was all resolved pretty quick this time. My problem is with staying a short time Deb at the things we have coming up - Amanda's 21st is a cruise, can't exactly leave it early LOL! My uncle's 60th is a 2hr drive away, so even if we do leave early it takes aaages to get back!

Enjoy your mum's group today Nell, hopefully Matty is good this time

Yuck at getting the cold Nat, I hope it clears up quickly. I'd have to agree with Deb on the formula issue I think. It was great that Jeff thought of giving you some rest, may not have gone about it the right way, but at least he was thinking of you. IKWYM about time going so fast, we're going to be talking about 1st birthday parties before we know it!

Yay at the painting Zola, it's sooo much work but totally worth it in the end. Wow at Bas being in 00 clothes already, he's a big boy

Well I think I can finally tell you guys cos it's been going on for almost a wekk now.... Zander is only getting up once a night \/ He goes to bed at 10.45pm & is up around 4.30am and then he gets up around 7.00 or 8.00 for the day. It's great

Hi Everyone

You probably dont remember me as I have been MIA for so long, but hopefully I will be able to keep up with everything in here from now on, probably wishful thinking! But I will try!

Zola - wonderful to see a post from you, good luck with the painting!

Trish - I hope that you and Tehya are feeling better soon!

Sarah - Hope that you get a weekend to yourselves soon!

Fi - Totally know what you mean about winter sports...really bad idea for parents too. It was freezing at netball for us and we start at 8am, yuk!!!

Nat - The latest virus is the worst...keeps coming back! I hope that you feel better soon!

Nell - Great that Matty is doing so well! Gotta love the busy weekends. NOT!

Deb - Congrats on the cleaning frenzy! I just need to do mine now! You've inspired me! Hope you have another good day with Gabby!

Hope that I havent missed anyone!

I am doing okay, well, sort of! I have been pretty down lately and feeling crappy but am slowly getting better. DH bought me a new car, so I have a 2005 Nissan X Trail now, which is brilliant. Hayley is fine, had her needles on Saturday and she was just brilliant, and is being pretty good now too! Today is my first day that I actually have the house to myself, YAY!!! I usually have people here everyday and its beginning to drive me insane, I just want some free time, which is why I havent been able to get online, too many visitors! So i decided that today I would make the most of it and returned phone calls that I have been meaning to do for ages and now I am finally posting properly for the first time in ages!!!

I will hopefully be able to find time to get online once a day, that is my mission! Hayley has a hearing test at the hospital on Wednesday, so that will be fun! Apart from that she is doing really well, still pretty small, but definitely growing!

Hope that I can become one of the group again!

Good to hear from you Dinky Yay at the new car & also to finally getting a day to yourself! That's great to hear that Hayley is growing well as well.

Debbie Lee Guest

YAYYYYYYYYY for Zander finally getting the sleeping thing down pat! You must feel like a new woman, Sarah! LOL - yes... a bit hard for you to leave early from both of those events. Well... after that maybe a weekend to yourselves??

Dinky - good to see you back online! And yay at a day to yourself for once. The visitors do get rather tedious, don't they? Sounds like Hayley is doing well. Yay @ the new car - I am very jealous! Not sure how long my old, banged-up XF is gonna keep going! I think I would look good in a black Ford Territory ghia... what do you reckon??

We had big news on the weekend. My sister, Hanna, has been with her BF for about 7 years now. N E way, he is the son of the guy that owns the local BMW car dealership - "Peck and Stokes". Anyway, in a small town like Geelong, anyone with a little bit of money has a bit of celebrity status so everyone knows everything that happens to Mr. Peck. Well, they sold out! Worse still, they sold to Rex Gorell who owns Ford and Subaru and countless other car dealerships here in Geelong. Apparently he used to own BMW before Mr. Peck and his partner got hold of it. Hanna's BF is still going to manage Peck and Stokes (which won't change its name) but it's almost like his legacy has been ripped out from under his feet.
    Hmmm... so if my sister gets married, her in-laws are multi-millionaires... interesting! LOL

Girls - I agree with you. There's no point getting upset about it. I'm just mad at myself because I couldn't say thank you for doing it - I just sort of said aha. The main thing is Jacob got fed when he needed to.

Nell - A g/f was doing the CD's for a while from a stall at Bayside S/C but she wasn't there last week. If you or anyone else want I can email her and ask if they are still doing them. I think they were about $24.95.

Trish - So glad to hear that Tehya is doing better and coming home

Sarah - Woo hoo at Zanders lovely sleeps!

Dinky - Good to hear from you and glad to hear that Hayley is doing well. I'm not looking forward to our first needles - I'm such a woosie. Huge woo hoo on the car!!

Hi All,

Glad to hear Tehya is home. Poor thing, I've been thinking about her all weekend.

We had a busy one. Yesterday I had a netball coaching course I had to attend or my club would get fined. It was OK, but it was all day, so we had to jiggle feeds and expressing and bottles, plus on that Shane had to fit in a trip to the dr (on a bloody sunday!!!) because Jenna has conjunctivitis. With the eye drops (3 days worth) it is already looking better. The Dr said we panicked way too early, but I dont like seeing anything wrong with missy-moo, so I'm not that worried about what they think. But Daddy loved giving her a bottle of EBM (like LOVED it!!!!) and is pestering me to do it more often! ALthough I was amused at how busy he siad his day was, and how little she slept. Thankfully we had a good night, and she slept from 5-8:30, then 10-4, then 5-8!! Yay! She's down now, hopefully she stays.

Yay Zola on painting the house. I'm so pleased its someone else. I never want to see a paintbrush again after finishing lara. Hopefully we wont have to for at least a year!

Sarah - double yay on Zander! Do you think you did anything special to make it all happen, or did the little man just need some time? Hopefully life starts getting easier for you now. Good luck on the parties. I dont think I have the patience for them anymore, but maybe in a couple of months I'll feel differently.

Deb - bummer on the cats. Shane told me to call you guys and tell Neil it was all his fault!! He probably riled up the dockers. LOL.

Dinky - welcome back, lovely to see you and hayley are doing well. And double yay on the new car. I dream of the day I dont have to drive a ute anymore. we are off to NZ next weekend, and thankfully I will have a few days of driving their saab. Nothing like a european car to make you feel normal. Specially when you compare it to the ute!!!

Gotta go - she'd cracking it next door!!!

Fi

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast