Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: 1 Month to 6 Months, February '05

Hello girls,

sorry for the long silence. Got to Australia alright - the flight was really good, Wolf slept most of the time, but started coughing on the plane. It got worse and worse when we got here and Tuesday I headed to the doctor and it turned out Wolf had cought bronchiolitis at the pediatrician in Germany when we went for his shots. ARRRG! He was quite sick but is on the mend now. Still coughing lots but at least he is interested in feeding again and not sleeping all the time any more.

Michelle, so sorry to hear about Jemma's finger being busted. poor little munchkin. Hope you get a nice doctor and she won't feel a thing.

Caddie, I love the photo of Millana holding that soft toy! So cute! It's amazing how quickly they grow, isn't it? Wolf is not holding soft toys yet but he was given one of those Zany Zoo chew books and he holds the handle of it and chews on the rings on that. Also constantly grabs his muslin wraps and shoves them in his mouth. He does not seem interested in his soft toys for some reason.. dunno... maybe that'll come in a while.

Will post more regularly again, I promise. Sorry for no more personals - there were just so many posts!

Love

Snowy

mooshie Guest

hi

michelle - just wanted to wish a happy birthday for jemma and so sorry she has to have the surgery - she will be ok tho. try not to beat yourself up on it don't blame yourself you were not to know. i have issues like that alot the guilt factor, i actually put jessie into time out the day before i found out that something serious was going on with her - she would not pick up her books and toys and i was frustrated and home alone with the kids and got really angry with her - am so glad tho i never let the kids go to bed with me angry we had a big cuddle etc etc but gees i still feel the guilt come especially now with lani when she cries one part says be tough let her cry a little but the other part just says no way they are way to precious. sorry going off track here - am rabitting on as we are coming up to the 3rd anniversary of jessie's death - 3rd march so i am a bit of a basket case at the moment.

snowgirl - glad to see you made it back to oz safe and sound boo hoo on wolf getting so sick - glad he is on the mend tho now - enjoy the warmth.

dachlostar - saw a very weird message from you before in another post about the lines on a hpt - is there something happening 8-[

HI Girls
    No news yet from the hospital, so I am trying not to tie the line up incase they ring, so just a quick post.

Michelle I know you are right, I can't blame myself, it doesn't change anything, but I really feel sorry for her having to go through this, although she prob still would have had to have had it even if it was picked up straight away. It must be very tough for you and DH at this time and I send you cyber hugs, the pain never really goes away does it!

Dashlostar what are you up to, I must find your post. Hmmm! is no. 2 coming so soon?

Anyway better go
    Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi all

arrhh what an awful day. i started off good thought will take jay to kinder (8.30 start) then go and do a bit of shopping for neice's b/day present with just me and lani - so that was nice and peaceful but all hell has broken out at home since i picked up jay at 12pm firstly heaps of dishes on the sink to do, pumpkin for lani to make, lunches to make 3 loads of washing to be hung out and the rest bought in before i can hang them out and ironing to do, as we were out lani only had a few catnaps so she is tired and cranky - jay hurt his finger outside just a little cut so he is whinging - then he makes "something" WITH MAPLE SYRUP" so that has gone all over the floors which i only mopped yesterday, then i try and settle lani in her cot for a nap and i thought i would clip her dummy on the chain so she can get it if she wants - i make sure i put it way down so it doesn't accidently wrap around her neck and put it near her belly - well she started screaming you know the cry when they don't make a noise then boom they scream - i thought what the hell is wrong then i realised i have clipped the dummy on her top but it also clipped onto the skin - we are then all in tears i got a cold face washer onto it and she seems to be ok now - it is only on the surface but my god i feel absolutely terrible - ds is constantly saying mummy why did you do that i keep explaining it was a terrible accident - she has settled now so that is good - poor little mite she has now gone to sleep - don't know for how long but i better go and do all the jobs now if i can - oh and also make the beds my gosh it is 2pm - i think it will be take out tonight

michelle = hope things are ok with jemma - is the op on today or are you waiting on the hospital to call to let you know when you need to go in.

see ya

Oh Michelle sounds like you need a break! Poor Lani. I have zipped Alana's finger in the zip of her sleeping bag. She didn't cry for to long, but I felt terrible. Also big hugs for Jessica's anniversary. I will be thinking of you.

Michelle Happy Birthday to Jemma! Thats sad news about her finger. Hope her surgery goes well and she has a quick recovery.

Snowy hope Wolf is feeling better.

Well as for me I totally stuffed my back last Monday. Its why I haven't been able to post. DB has had to do everything. I could not even feed Alana until yesterday. I even had to get my Mum around every day at 6:30am to feed Alana, because I couldn't lift her. And if I wasn't feeling crap enough, I got a stomach bug on Tuesday and spent the whole day throwing up, until I got to my Dr app and he gave me a injection to stop the vomiting. But over the stomach bug and the back is 100% better. The house was such a mess. Couldn't stand it any longer and just had to clean it yesterday, even though I was told to keep resting. I feel okay though.

Alana is doing well. Though we seem to be having problems with her feeding. Her first feed for the day is fine, but the other three have become a struggle. We feel as though we have to force her bottles down. Hopefully its just a phase and she will start drinking properly again.

I haven't gone through all the post that I have missed, so hope everyone is well.

Hey everyone,just thought i would fly by and post as i cant be too long,coz Dominic is crying and i have to go feed him before i pick up the kids from school!!!
    I am Suzi from Tassie for those of you that dont know me,and i have three girls and a 1 month old baby boy named Dominic.....
    Looking forwards to posting in here more in the upcoming months,and hope you all are well,and cant wait to get to know you all....
    having one of those really busy days to day and still havent got all the washing dried and it is already 10 to 3..... Cant even think what i am having for tea!!!
    Take care all
    (these are some pictures of Dominic for everyone to see)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/suzie446/Dom.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ie446/dom3.jpg

Haven't posted in here for awhile sorry!

Lily is doing great! She's smiling, laughing, cooing, 'talking', and is able to lift herself into a sitting position while laying in my lap, amazing for a 2 month old!

Jess, i'm still prettysore/tender from were i tore still. I just think because it was a pretty bad tear (you had 2nd degree right?) that it takes a while to heal up completely. I'm not all that bothered by it except i'm still to scared to DTD coz it is sore. Maybe you can get a second opinion from another doctor?

Snowy, glad to hear from you. Oh no at Wolf getting bronchiolitis! Hope he's gets better soon. Glad your trip back to Oz was good.

Spiddles, Liam is just gorgeous!

I too have put photos on Lily's website if you haven't yet looked.

Sorry, I know i've missed heaps of you. I hope you all are well.

Take care,

HI girls,

Sorry I missed you earlier Snowy, hope WOlf is feeling better soon and glad you had a good trip. How'd your DH's job interview for London go?

Michelle- what a day, we have them too, with 4 kids in the house, which is even worse when Arron isn't here. Lani will forget all about the clip incident and at least no real harm was done. Isn't it funny how a day can take a nose dive, from good to terrible so soon! LOL

Welcome SUsie and Dominic (and the girls too). I have 3 girls and a boy too, but we have DD, DS, DD, DD. So Joshua thinks he was really ripped off as the pattern didn't continue and the boy was next. Your Dominic is going to be on spoilt little boy with 3 big sisters LOL.

Well no news from the hospital. I am just wanting it to be over, hope they ring tomorrow, I might ring them tomorrow arvo if I don't hear anything.
    I had my appt with the Prof guy who will do my gastroscopy and if I pay $150 on the day I will be in in approx 4 weeks or I could wait 2 mths or more. I opted for paying as I need it done. (Thing is I have been very naughty and have taken up smoking again and he believes/knows that I should stop and this thing will get better- my plan is to go buy patches this sunday and not try to will power it as I usually do, cos I am really crap at that). I asked heaps of questions and am comfortable in knowing all I need to so that makes me happy.

I had a crap arvo as I had a blue with SIL and then MIL walked out in the ****s, I will go to the punching bag tomorrow to tell the story as I can't be bothered now, plus if Arron comes in he will carry on and I can't be bothered listening to it.

Lara- so sorry to hear about your back, how terrible, I hope you recover quickly. What would we do without our MUM's? Jessica is also off her food but I think it has something to do with teeth as she has a runny nose, is saturated constantly in dribble and has really yuck nappies.

And Jessica waved yesterday, and trying to get a pic of a waving baby is very hard I found out, when I clicked her hand was always down LOL, but thanks to the digital camera I could check, delete and try again.

Anyway gonna go and rest my back, I have really bad computer posture, prob another reason why my back is so crappy.

Hi to everyone who I missed

Best wishes Michelle

Hello girls,

ouchie on clipping Lani's skin with the dummy-clip. I can imagine you must have felt terrible. I bumped Wolf's head in the hospital (he squirmed and I didn't have a good grip due to the caesarean and he bumped against the plastic basinett) and I felt so terrible. Stuff like that happens, I guess...

Michelle, thanks for asking re. the interview. It went well. He's got a video conference next week with one of the companies and the other one is pursuing him as well (but decision maker is on skiing holiday atm). It all looks very promising .. yeah!

Got my hair cut yesterday. Courtesy of my in-laws. I feel like a different person, I hadn't been to the hairdresser in 14 months...

Welcome Suzie!

When I woke today at 4 a.m. to pick up Wolf for his night feed, he was lying sideways in his cot! I definitely had put him down properly, so I guess he turned on his own accord. Smart little bugger! He is also rolling onto his side a lot. I'm sure it won't be long before he rolls on his belly. When did everyone's babies roll on their bellies??

Snowy

mooshie Guest

hi there

just popping in to let you know i won't be around for about 1 wk just had an email from my isp to tell me i am running out of space this month (too much belly belly lol) also it is a tough week leading up to jessie's anniversary so am just going to lay low for a bit

thanks michelle and lara for your thoughts

hope things go well for you michelle and jemma.

bugger about this looks like babies are going to be churning out hopefully - i bet when i next come on their will be a few newies.

have a good week

Hi all

have a nice rest Michelle, don't miss us too much, and lets hope some of themn girls do have some babies soon, the suspense is killing me.

Snowy- that is good news, fingers crossed things work out the way you want them to. I too need a haircut, I might book it for next week.

The hospital rang this morning and now they are not going to operate...they are going to take a look at it in 6 weeks and there is a 30% chance that they will operate within 12 months. It is bc her bones are so small, and they are hoping it may correct itself, fat chance though, the finger is really crooked. It was hurting her last night as she tried to do a headstand fell to the side and twisted it..I tried to explain that no wonder it hurt, but it won't stop her from doing it again next time.

Well I put a patch on today and so far I haven't felt like a smoke, though I have thought about it, the killer will be when rron comes home and goes out for smokes, then I know I will be wanting to go to, but I really need to quit now, so send me strength vibes please.

Talk again soon

Michelle

spiddles Guest

Hope everyone is having a great week!!

How cute is eveyones new photos!!

DH has been sick all week and only went back to work today!! Glad Liam and I havent had it. He still isnt that well and he is hardly eaten and lost 2kgs since monday *lol* Wish I could do that (but not bring sick) Took a PG test as havent been feeling well myself and no AF and has been nearly 2 months since stopped breast feeding but got a BFN. Donno how I would have coped if I was again so soon!!

Sorry to hear about Jemma's finger Michelle. Hope everything turns out fine!!

Poor Lani!! Hope you're not beating yourself up over it. When she starts walking and crawling alot worse things will happen I bet.

Liam's got bad nappy rash ATM. Maybe his top teeth are coming through or its the dodgy nappies they use at daycare since he has been all week since DH was sick yesterday. Didnt cost me any extra cause I had a make up day!! Have you girls seen the comp huggies are running|| Pooh tunnel. New I kept those huggies boxes for a reason. Have 6 barcodes for nappies so only 4 to go and 1 more for baby wipes!!

Have a good one guys!! Sorry for those I missed!

hi everyone, I hope you're all well and so are your bubs.
    Spiddles, I hope Liam's nappy rash clears up soon. I'm a bit excited about the Pooh tunnel too. I have one nappies barcode to go and one wipes one. I noticed that they seem to have one every few months so I've kept a few barcodes just in case. Did you get the newborn playmat? I did a preg test the other day too. I felt really queasy and dizzy all day and kept needing to wee. The last time I felt like that I was pregnant and I realised that going by my pre-preg cycle my period was late. I got a really faint positive but then I checked again the next day and got a negative. DH was really disappointed and demanded a 3rd test which was negative again. I was a tiny bit relieved ansd a tiny bit disappointed. 8-[
    Michelle, The clip incident sounds traumatic but Lani has probably forgotten it already. I was dragging Yasin around on his rug last week and DH distracted me as we were going past a desk so he got a little bump. Lucky we don't go fast. What games do all you girls play to keep your babies entertained. Sometimes I feel like Yasin must get a bit bored with the same things over and over but maybe I'm just imagining it.
    Snowy, I'm glad your flight went well and yay for your haircut. I really feel like I need one. I haven't had one since before Yasin was born. I'm not too sure about what to do with Yasin while I'm getting it cut. I geuss I'll have to ask DH to look after him because my hairdressers is kind of cosy. I hope that everything works out with your DH's job. Yasin started rolling from belly to back at 2&1/2 months and back to belly at 3&1/2 months. I think that usually they do it the other way around so Yasin must be a bit confused.
    Michelle, congratulations on your first day without smoking =D> =D> =D> . I'm sure that once you have got past that milestone you will find it easier as time passes. Poor Jemma, I hope that her finger doesn't hurt her too much while she waits for the hospital to get thier act together.
    Susie, welcome to you and Dominic. I hope to see more of you.
    Iris, you sound like you've really been in the wars with your back and a tummy bug!! ugh!!!
    Jessica, I hope that everything starts healing up soon. I remember the sore itchy feeling and I wish I could recommend something other thansalt baths but I can't. Maybe if you ring the midwives at your hospital they might have more of a clue than your Dr. After all they probably see more tears than your Dr.
    I haven't seen Jessica (orkids) around for a while. I hope she's ok. Probably just busy I geuss.
    We have been busy rearranging the flat. I moved a big Afghan rug and discovered that its run a bit and stained the carpet #-o I hope that it comes out when we get it cleaned. Its still only half done so things are a bit chaotic. I have a filing cabinet under the computer at the moment and it has to go because I'm sitting at a funny angle that just isn't working for my back. owch

Hey Michelle, good on you for quitting smoking! Just a bit of inspiration for you, my mum had been smoking since she was 14, so 37 years, and she quit 2 years ago by using the patches and gradually cutting them in half every few weeks. She hasn't had a smoke since!

just catching up on what everyone has been up to!!

i have been away again staying at my parent's on the sunshine coast - i love the break & of course eliana loves all the extra attention. she is now holding onto her feet & blowing raspberries which looks so cute plus she has finally taken a dummy - no more night time crying!!

hope you all have a great weekend - we are off to surfers

Morning girls,

It seems to be quiet all around Bellybelly. Even the third tri girls aren't talking as much as usual.

Well last night I had this ache down my left arm right into my fingers, and the patch was on my left shoulder so I took it off, but I didn't have a smoke. I put a patch on the opp shoulder this morn so we'll see how that goes. Arron was going to patch up this morn but didn't, so he is making it hard, but I am determined to not give in this time esp if it can help my stomach probs. My throat feels terrible at the moment and I am not able to take meds as you have to be off them for the gastroscopy, so I am in discomfort. Enough whinging though!

Jessica's nose is running like a tap and she keeps chucking, which is really disgusting. She is trying to get up on her knees, but can swing around on her belly and get around the lounge room pretty quickly now. We only have 5 days until she is 6 months old, BOO HOO! I don't want to go there! Nothing wrong with the girls there, just that means my baby is halfway to being a person.

We all went swimming last night, Josh has lessons so we went 30 mins early and Arron took Jemma in and Jordan swam with some girls. But I ended up in the water in my boardies, in the beach area, as Arron had had enough, not the plan at all. Jessica dipped her legs in and she loved it too. I am so glad I waited to put Josh in swimming lessons, as he has caught on really quickly and listens to the teacher, which he wouldn't have been able to do 12 months ago.

Arron had some guys from the footy club over last night to play pool and I felt like a prisoner in my own house. They were in the rumpus, Arron turned off the TV when I left the lounge for a min and so I missed The Amazing Race. I ended up going to bed and the "NOT LATE" night turned out to be after 1am. And he had heaps to drink and stank of smoke, I was annoyed, cos then he wakes me up. Jessica sooked from 4 till about 6.30, on and off, so I was up and down like a yoyo, and then he wanted me not to wake him up at 7.30 when I was getting the kids up as he was tired. BAD LUCK BUDDY! He shouldn't have stayed up so late.

I too have noticed some missing girls, Jess and Pee and haven't heard from Beth or Rose or Carmen. Hope all is well with al the MIA girls. I guess life is very busy for most mum's (and Dad's) and finding time to get on is hard.

Thanks Tegan for that news, inspiration is something we all need. I have smoked on and off since I was 16, so 14 yrs, and I smoke more now than I ever have as I am home. Most people don't even know I smoke including my parents and all the girls I worked with. Closet smoking is pretty strange esp when you get to be 30, but I was happy to do it that way as I smoke less cos I don't smoke around all people.

Spiddles- bummer about the nappy rash (literally), and hope Dh recovers without you or Liam getting it. The weight loss sounds good but yeah you don't want the sickness too.

Mel- you guys are always having a great time, hope you enjoy your trip to Surfers, I think I need to get away too. Eliana finding her feet is cool, I love it when Jess sucks her toes, it must feel wonderful to her.

Anyway I will prob come back later
    I may need a break.

best wishes mIchelle

michelle - that sucks that arron stayed up late, made you miss your show then wanted to sleep in - my boyfriend is like that at times - men!!!!

glad your kids are liking swimming - i take eliana in my parents pool & she loves it.

good luck with stopping smoking

Michelle good luck with quiting smoking. It has been two years for me. And almost two years for DB. We both also did it by using the patches. I must admit it took me a few months of having a cigarette here and there before I completely quit. Now I can't stand the smell. DB and I can't be anywhere for to long where there is heaps of smoke as we feel so sick the next day.

Spiddles I hope Liam's nappy rash gets better and I hope DH is also feeling better. Even when I'm sick and vomiting I some how still manage to put on weight LOL!

Snowy a haircut always makes me feel better. Alana was rolling onto her side for quite a while. But in the last week she has started to roll on to her tummy and now she won't stop. Thank goodness she can roll herself back!

Alana got weighed yesterday and she put on 760gms in 4 weeks, so she now weighs 6.09kg. WOO HOO! Her paed was thrilled and said that she looks fantastic. She is in the 25th percentile for height and weight and just over the 50th percentile for her head. She must have a big brain! DB and I could not be happier. We are suspicoius that she is teething. She is shoving her hand really far down her mouth, sucking her bottom lip, fussing when eating and her nappy rash has flared up again. These sound like teething signs, don't they? I have just bought some Bonjela to see if that helps.

Also, DB father was around this morning and he was playing with Alana. He waved his fist at Alana and said "you see this" (I know jokingly), but I really felt uncomfortable him doing this. He has also said to her a few times, like when she has sooked, that he doesn't like her anymore (joking again). Admittedly he $hits me. So I don't know if I'm reacting because of the way I feel about him or if this is really inappropriate for him to say and do. I'm concerned that if he does this as she gets older that it might upset her. Am I overreacting?

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast