Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, September/October '05

Mmm summer... chilly here in Melbourne... stupidly turned off the central heating pilot burner last week and now tomorrow promises to be 16'C with showers AND DH and I have to go to the Caulfield Guineas (horse races) for a corporate function. I So didn't want to spend the last two weekends shopping for a hat! (Couldn't find one to borrow) Kept glancing at the cargo pants on sale! *L* Also am in big dilemna what to do about the expectation that I drink :-s I might be preg. and if so it's the worst possible time to consume any ammount of alcohol. I'll just have to get a test kit this afternoon and find out and hope it's not too early for an accurate result. If it's positive I'll just have to somehow get through the day without drawing attention to the fact that I'm avoiding alcohol (while secretly thrilling at the result!!!) I really just don't want to go at all but DH needs my support on this one... and I guess I haven't had many opportunities to dress up etc (only one other occassion springs to mind this year - we have little family/friends support for baby sitting). Moan moan, sorry guys. Hope you all have restful/fun weekends .

Kellee Guest

I know what you mean about the not drinking while pregnant thing. In the first couple of weeks of my pregnancy (I really thought that this month WASN'T going to be my month - it's almost like the Immaculate Conception! Such a fluke - I've hardly been home) I was on tour, and there was a lot of drinking/smoking/God knows what else going on. I did have a couple of big drinking nights (only two, really) and I probably smoked about half a packet of cigarettes. Now I feel terrible. Of course, as soon as I found out, I stopped everything naughty and became a purist! That was hard! Maybe you could just have some lemon, lime and bitters or something - that's what I've been having, because it still feels like a 'party' drink with no alcohol. Good luck with the test! Although it might still be a bit early.

DH has the day off today ("sickie" - but really it's because my m/s has kicked in and he wanted to help out. What a good boy). So I got a sleep in - yay! I wish he NEVER had to go to work. Charlie has been throwing some major tantrums - usuallu first thing in the morning, and then around dinner time. I have no idea why. The way we've been dealing with it so far is to make sure all his needs are met and then let him settle himself down. It's so obvious that it's put on! Any ideas on what to do, or why he's started doing this? I'm stumped!

Anyway, hope you're all having a lovely day, and that it's not as hot where you are!

ah Kellee...tantrums are the worst. Sounds like you are doing the right thing though, make sure everything is okay and then let them go. Sometimes when Matilda gets really out of control I put her in her cot to settle down, but thats about all you can do. I also have found the less I do about it, the quicker she recovers....

Things are going okay here...not sleeping today, maybe its the heat & everytime I jump on the computer Matilda gets under the desk & starts unplugging things ](*,) so I have to wait until she's asleep or DH comes home... ah well...

I'm starting to feel better & no more sore throat!! YAY!!! Its been 3 weeks with one & I forgot what it feels like to swallow normally lol... why do I avoid going to the doctor for me lol...

I hope you are all okay today....its sweltering up here, but I love it

Hi Girls

I have to admit I have only been skimming your posts for the last 24hrs or so. As Christy and Ambah know Andrew and Kameron where in a car accident last night. They are both okay which is the main thing but still not sure if the car is going to be fixable or not. I hope it is but after seeing it today I don't like the chances. So I may have kiss my new lounge and cement goodbye if I have to put a couple thousand towards buying a new car.

Andrew's parents said we could buy their 1996 Magna off them for $4000 (nothing wrong with it). It is tempting, but I would always think of it as THEIR car iykwim, so I dont' know...... Will have to wait and see.

Anyway I promise to get back into the groove of it all soon

Love

Kathryn - so glad your 'boys' are ok. That must have been scarey for you. Hope you resolve the car dilemma soon.

Oh Kathryn sorry to hear about the accident! You all might as well know I don't drive and live in fear of something like that happening... you must be so relieved that they are both fine. Cars are such expensive things hey? I'm glad that my DH now catches the train to work. We've only got an old '96 magna and we're wondering whether a third child will prompt a bigger one. I hope not. Ours just sits in the garage Mon-Fri... we take DD to Little Athletics on Saturday and occassionally visit friends on Sunday but that's all we mainly use it for. We do the Coles Online thing and shop at the local village which is only a block away (with the train station). Anyhow I hope you find a good car if yours is unfixable... the '96 magna was voted the safest family car that year by Choice magazine if that helps! :-s

Kellee Guest

OMG - I'm so glad to hear that the boys are ok. How scary for you all. I'm really glad that no one was hurt, but I'm sorry to hear about your car. What a pain.

Not much to report here. Went to the Newfarm Farmer's Markets today and spent way too much. Poor little Charlie got a bit sunburnt on his arms. I feel like such a bad mum - I didn't realise he'd burn so easily. I'll know next time. I put some aloe vera on him before he went to bed, so hopefully that helps.

Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better, Christy. I think it's high time that all these blasted illnesses go away!

Anyway, better go to bed soon - big day tomorrow. I'm doing a charity gig for AIDS research and it's pretty much all day. It's nice to feel like a musician again though. I'd almost forgotten what that felt like until I had that tour!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend.

I am so not with it this weekend. All I want to do is sleep. Even Andrew commented "you are not pregnant are you" (FAT CHANCE!!) I had a friend that was meant to come over yesterday so I told her not to bother.

Andrew goes back to work tomorrow after his 2 weeks off, and then we still have 1 week of school holidays to go. This first week has dragged somethign bad.

We still don't know what is happening with the car. I rang yesterday to find out and they had received one quote on it for repairs, but the call centre couldn't view how much it was for. So I guess I will find out tomorrow if it is going to be written off or not. I have been looking at other cars online and god it makes my heart sink cause I love my car so much. I do have my eye on another Laser though (2yrs younger than our current one) just in case !!.

HOpe everyone is over their illness's now !!

Love

Kathryn - no wonder you have no energy, I find when we have something stressfull happen I don't always stress out at the time, but am completely worn out for a day or so after. I hope you get some rest & they have answers for you tomorrow!

Kellee how did your gig go? IKWYM about feeling like a musician again... someday I'll play my bass again LOL

well...luckily I got today off work because the girl I was covering felt sorry that I was working every weekend for a month straight.... whew so DH is playing with Matilda atm and I get to have some alone time YAY! But we are all heading out now to the off lead dog park for some fun...

mooshie Guest

hi girls

sorry no personals - just wanted to say am still around and have been reading posts but things bit hectic here - basically dh has had changes at his work and now has to go back to do shift work (morning and afternoon/nights) and also loses his company car - nothing done wrong my either he or the company just a sign of the times i guess. so have been busy looking around for cheap flights up to sunshine coast - thought we would go to mooloolaba for a holiday (my brother lives in buderim) so we thought we would catch up with them and also some of dh's family and a few old friends up there - then take a few days on the gold coast to do dreamworld and movieworld (jay being 5 1/2 yrs) would adore that now.

so the next few weeks are hectic for us and it is hard to get cheap flights when you want to go in a couple of weeks but am trying - dh doesn't care how much i spend just book it (but i still want to build our pergola) so am trying to save a few pennies.

everyone going well here - my g/f had a baby girl the other day - so lovely to have another girl born (everyone i know have had boys this year) so have caught up with them. lani is going great guns - took a few steps from one toy to another yesterday so that was a bit exciting and she has just cut #7 tooth and is soooooooooo off her food (ah well thought her good eating lately was to good to be true lol)

must go - check out the other threads then back to planning our holiday.

ps kathryn - so glad andrew and kamryn are okay, scary when kids are in the car and there is an accident. hope you get a new car soon

Morning girls

Well I should find out sometime in the next hour what is happening with our car. I will be ringing them just after 9 otherwise I will have to wait all day for them to ring me !! Fingers crossed they can fix it, and there is not too much mechanical damage.

Andrew has spent all weekend talking about buying a new camera WTF he has a perfectly fine SLR and a $900 Digital Camera. But now he wants a Digital SLR !!! We have an order to buy things and he knows this order and if we want something expensive it gets added to the list. The list is Pergola (in progress), A new lounge, Cementing. So I just have no idea why he is suddenly talking about this bloody camera. The last two on that list wont even happen if we need a new car !! ARRRRGHHHHH !!

Mooshie - Goodluck with finding cheap flights for your holiday !! it is only a week today that we came back from our holiday but it feels like I have been back for 6 bloody months already lol.

Bathsheba - I had to laugh at the '96 Magna being the safest family car. We are actually using one of them at the moment. It is the in-laws car and they hardly use it, so they let us have it so we didn't have to pay for a loan car for a week. I really don't feel comfortable in it (probably cause it is their car) but I feel a bit claustraphobic sitting in the front seat, like you are sitting in a cocoon or something.

I have prattled on haven't I. Hopefully I will have better news later today.

Hello to eveyone else.

Love

HI girls
    I am sure to forget half of what I read cos I have been MIA, for no particular reason mind you.

Kathyrn- bugger the car, so glad the boys are ok. Sometimes it's better to get a new car after a bad accident, but money is always a bugger when it comes down to it. Good luck with the news today. LOL at Andrew asking were you pg, I get that every time i say I feel a bit sick, I keep saying go get the vasectomy then we won't have to worry abuot it! Why should it be up to me now?

Christy- good job helping with your friends baby. That should give you confidence that you couls easily deal with another baby! LOL no pressure here but just something to think about . yay at some time to yourself, how nice.

Michelle- good on Lani for her steps and teeth., jess still only has 5, but she is so picky food wise atm I am sure no.6 is right there. Jessica has taken a liking to nutri grain, dry, her and jemma are eating it by the handful, and she doesn't want to eat her weetbix or anything else for that matter. Oh but she will eat hundreds and thousands sandwiches. I am biting my tongue and letting her eat what she wants cos she can't afford not to eat being so little.

Kellee- hope you don't feel to sick for too long. Sounds like you are totally flat out. Hope you get some rest time too. Don't feel bad about the drinking and smoking I thnk it happens quite often right at the start of pgs, and mostly does no damage, so don't stress.

Bathsheba- gotta love 2 yr old tantrums and maybe you should just tell people what you thikn when they give those looks.

I am home cleaning as you can see!LOL Arron is fishing, instead of helping with book work and the puter seemed to overheat this morning and wouldn't restart for 30mins. So I am living in fear of having no puter! AARGH! What will I do? I have to go check oput the deals for a new l;aptop, renting with the option to buy is how I want to do it. The real trick is getting the software I need and want.

I haven't had any lunch yet and it's almost school pickup so i guess I should go.
    Chers michelle

Hi Michelle I was wondering what happened with you Thats no good about your puter I hope its okay!!!

Kathryn, DH always wants to get "toys" when we get some $$, even though we have a list like yours, he's always asking for new music gear :roll:

Well I've just finished work, & Matilda is out with her day care mum, they went to the park after naps this arvo so she's dropping Matilda off in an hour that means I get an hour to myself after work...ahhhh the joy!

Wont know about the car till tomorrow. I asked andrew if he could go find out about it this arvo since he works on the same street where the car currently is sitting but do you think he did... NOOOOOOO. ($#(&(#*&*(

When I rang this morning they were still waiting for someone to do a 2nd quote to turn up. Then AAMI had to assess both quotes and then re-assess the car. So they that they probably wont know till morning. I hope I find out before 10.30am as I am meant to go out.

Love

I just have to say that Lachlan is absoloutly besotted by the tadpoles. When we were camping last week, Kameron went tadpoling and today I finally got around to transferring them into the container they were caught in to our actual empty fish tank. The fish tank is at lachlans height (lower actually) so he can see into it. Has kept him amused all day lmao. One of the tadpoles has two frog legs now, so it is starting to get interesting.

Love

Just a short one... busy w/end: Felt like a total glamour-puss for the first time in about 5 years at the Caulfield (Horse) races on Saturday. Was really nervous as my husband's clients are lawyers/barristers/QCs etc but they were a down to earth bunch and the most common topic of the day was Children and Schools. Phew! Free drinks all day but I only had one champagne O but oh I don't know... don't feel preggers. Best part of day was arriving home 9 hours later to see that my little boy was smiling and hadn't missed me (he's only had a baby-sitting experience about 3/4 times this year and is usually very clingy). Hmmm, Kathryn you've got me thinking about the coccoon-like magna... it's only the 2nd car I've ever driven (I did have a Learner's License but it recently expired...yes they do last for 10 years LOL).

Rofl @ the learner license expiring, but I guess if you don't have a need for it then why bother. Sounds like you had a fantastic time at the races and great to hear you didn't have to mix with a bunch of snobs Even better to go home to one smiling boy... I have a clingy one too #-o

Love

Tadpoles, hey? That sounds like a great idea for little kids. We had tadpoles once back when I worked at the wildlife sanctuary at South Bank, but our yard at the time was overrun by cane toads and they all met a sad demise, unfortunately.

I took the kids to the Watoto children's choir performance last night. It was fantastic. The group is made up of kids who have been orphaned by AIDS. They've been adopted by the Watoto group, who give them new "Mums" and new hope for the future. Their stories make my heart ache... one little girl was orphaned at age 4 and had to fend for herself (4 siblings mostly younger). She said when she got really hungry she just ate dirt. Those are words that should never come out of a child's mouth. But this little one loves her new mother and family. She now goes to school and plans to become one of Uganda's next generation of leaders.

But they were all beautiful, and were fantastic performers, too.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast