Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 Months - 3 Years, September/October '05

Pietta Guest

Hi all!!
    Just a quicke- Poor Ryley has the chicken pox (one week after bronchitis and a chest infection followed by Rotavirus!!)
    Man this sick baby thing takes it out of you!!

Congrats Kellee!!

Bye all I am off to sleep- amazing how you only get the 10 minutes after they go tosleep t yourself really...

Pee sorry to hear Ryley is not well. I hope he gets better soon.

Welcome back Kellee and congrats to you and your family.

I should do personals as I haven't been in to post for ages but I have to get organised to take the kids to swimming. I will try and get back later and do them.

I have been so tired lately and so down that I am thinking of going back to the doctors to have my thyroid function checked again. I had it done at the beginning of my pregnancy with Asha but have just read that it can change after pregnancy and can actually mimic the symptoms of PND. My Mum has Hypothyroidism so it wouldn't actually surprise me if it has changed. Now of course it is finding the time to go to the doctors on my own!!!

Better go ... breakfast time before we head off to swimming lessons.

Cheers

Hi Girls

I am home, but with a chesty cold so feeling a bit blurgh and not really concentrating atm. I do want to say though congrats to Kellee on your pregnancy. !!!!

I will catch up with you all a bit more later.

Love

Ack Kathryn I hope you feel better too!!

I just went to the Dr this morning & have tonsilitis myself :smt022 the worst thing is I had my tonsils out when I was 12 and its the stumps which have the infection ](*,)

Pietta Guest

OMG Christy you poor chook! We're not a healthy bunch atm are we!!

Urgh at still getting tonsillitis even though you have had your tonsils out.. that must suck big time !!!

Love

Christy hope you are feeling better soon that is awful that you have tonsillitis even without having them.

Now CHristy I must agree that that is highly unfair to you.

Kathryn- what a bummer coming home sick.

Pee I hope Ryley's spots aren't too itchy and he stays sort of happy.

I am feeling ok, just waiting to Af and a little hormonal I guess. The kids and I had dinner at mum and dad's cos arron went fishing, he has arrived home and jumped in the shower, cos he knows how much I hate the smell of fish. Not that the smell goes away cos it doesn't, but at least he tries.

MY computer is playing up, going super slow and I can't read back so I can't remeber anything else. God I hate computers sometimes.

OH well I'll try again tomorrow
    Cheers michelle

Hi Again Girls

Well I am still feeling pretty ****, but it is mainly all located in the chest so just spending all day coughing. Starting to shift a bit now to the nose I think though ](*,)

Our holiday was fantastic and the camping bug has bitten us once again. The boys had an absolute ball. There was 6 kids in total ranging from 11 down to Lachlan. Naturally we had a hard time getting Lachlan to bed the first night as it was the first time he hasn't slept in a cot as well as sleeping in the same area as Kameron, so every hour or so we would hear Kameron yell out cause Lachlan was sitting on top of him. Poor kid, but quite funny really. The next night I ended up putting Lachlan between Andrew and I, which was more of a success, but then the two night after that Andrew decided to sleep with Kameron so he wasn't by himself and I had lachlan with me.

Kameron DID NOT want to come home, he chucked the ****s yesterday morning when the tent came down. Although when he got into the car he did say "bye bye kookaburra's" We had to Kookburras with a nest in the trees right next to us, so he learnt how to say Kookaburra, he also saw 4 kangaroos in the wild a few sleepy lizards and a bearded dragon.

We went tadpoling on the 2nd day there and still have the tadpoles in the container, one is starting to grow legs 8-[ so we are going to prepare our old fish tank for them tomorrow. The other 3 tadpoles are still pretty small.

Anyway not much else to report for now anyway. I should hit the hay and sleep away this cold.

Love

Wow kathryn sounds like a fantastic holiday, so have you thought about the next trip. I am thnking maybe when our youngest is in kinder or school we should think about camping, of course Jordan will be about 16 by then and Josh 12 LOL, that is scary to think about! How lovely and exciting though for the kids to be close to nature and out with live creatures, hope the tadpoles turn into frogs very quickly, the kids will be rapt.

Hope you feel a little better tomorrow, I am going to bed too, to cuddle up to the fish man (PHEW!)
    Cheers michelle

The couples that we went with said that we should make it an annual thing, but choose a different location each year. So we will see if that happens or not We definitely need to get a towbar onto our car though as we couldn't fit everything in. Thankgod one of the couples lives around the corner from us so they took our tent up and a chair and table home with them.

So at this stage the next trip will be next Oct long weekend, which is okay with me at this stage as it gives a year to get organised and buy things we need/want. They were talking about going away in January, but I am not sure if we were actually invited to that as we weren't asked directly. I was just there when the two other girls were discussing it between themselves. January I probably can't do anyway as I would have just spent 2wks at mums place.

Well this cold has shifted to a head cold now. You know the one sneezing, watery eyes, runny nose LOL.

Hope everyone else is doing okay.

Love

Thanks for the warm welcome and birthday wishes for Wade I couldn't visit BB yesterday as DD had a district athletic event. All day outside with my husband and little boy amongst hundreds of hyper primary kids was so exhausting I had to go to bed at 8pm! Luckily Wade dealt with the day really well, falling asleep in DH's arms for an hour despite the noise. Simone: I can sympathise with the tantrum issue.... Wade's just beginning to turn them on, right on schedule on turning 2. I'm not as phased this time around as since having my daughter I've done 5 years work at an Early learning centre and seem them thrown (tantrums) by some of the best! hehe. It is so hard in public though because the main strategy of ignoring them is often perceived as "bad parenting". And yes it seems that the senior members of our community are the worst at judging your parenting style *sigh*. I find eye contact with them seems to send them on their way... not nasty just kinda neutral or if I can manage it a smile as if I couldn't care less if they are being inconvenienced! I'd love to have the guts to say "would you like to deal with it then?!" *L*
    Anyhow, lovely to meet you ... I look forward to getting to know you all

I had to take Kimberley to the doctors today as she keeps saying she is sore and pointing to her tummy and vagina. Not sure if she has an urine infection i took a sample with me and he is sending it away we will know more next week.
    I just have to make sure she drinks heaps and also that she is not constipated (sp?). I thought maybe she was but she went ok this morning.

Hello girls, Michelle I hope Kimberley is going okay....

Things are going better today...yesterday my friend called in the morning in tears with her newborn because she just felt like she was doing everything wrong. So I went over after dropping Matilda off and stayed most of the day. Of course when I got there the bubs had really bad wind so we tried the cooled boiled water and it worked!! whew... then I wrapped the bubs & put her in the rocker & she slept for 2 1/2 hours!!! OMG!!! Matilda never slept that much!! So I was the hero of the day.... I think when you've had a bad sleeper as a child putting a sleepy child to sleep is easy LOL

LMAO Christy isn't it nice when something goes right.

When we were away about the 3rd day in my friend said to me "You were born to be a mother" I said "what do you mean" and she said "You have so much patience for those two kids, I don't know how you do it" I did think (she should see me at home LOL)

Love

Kellee Guest

I hereby banish illnesses of any kind from this forum!

You poor chooks - everytime I check here one of you, or one of the bubs, is unwell! It must be the year for it. I hope that everyone recovers from their illnesses soon.

Thanks for the congratulations, ladies. Morning sickness started today - how fun. Not. Hopefully it's short lived - last time it was for four months. Gggrrr.

Welcome Bathsheba and Wade! Lovely to have you with us. I hear you on the tantrum thing - I wish people "in the street" could walk in our shoes for two weeks and see how well they handle it!

Glad you had a great holiday, Kathryn. We're going camping in December - it'll be beautiful (if it's not too hot). The fact that you survived it makes me more confident!

Sorry I haven't been posting much - just when I thought things had quietened down, I got offered three gigs (and accompanying rehearsals). This is on top of DH's three rehearsals and all weekend recording, plus some volunteer work at the local community radio station. It's insane! One day it will be less busy... I don't know how I'm supposed to study for my psychology exam in all of this! Have been trying to spend as much time at home with Charlie as possible -he's at such a fun age. My best friend came around bearing icecream today (that's what best friends are for!) and she gave Charlie a bite. His little face lit up and he went "MMMMMMM!!!!" really loudly and proceeded to try and shove the whole thing down his throat. Oh dear - I think she's started a trend here! Not if I can help it...

Anyway, I'd better get ready for this rehearsal. Sorry if I missed anyone. Hope you're all well.

Oooooh morning sickness: (Poor Kellee and congratulations btw) How it preoccupies my mind. As I'm currently hoping for some sign that I may have conceived this month I kinda would welcome a twinge yet dread the full onslaught 8-[ How oh How am I going to cope being sick and dealing with my toddler and 10 year old? I've got to count my blessings though and remind myself that I don't have to work this time and my 10y.o can now walk to school by herself. I guess that's what you guys are for too! Share your queasy woes Kellee! I'll listen

Big sympathy pats to everyone who's sick or who has ill children... definately NOT fun.

Christy how are you travelling?

Fortunately we're still healthy and am just about to take the kids down to the beach for the morning (they love it, and I can read the book I'm supposed to be reviewing for work). Better slop on the suncreen, though, as it's definately summer sun today.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast