Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, April '05

Happy 1/2 birthday Yasin!

Bye Dachlostar and Yasin, we'll see you soon!

Snowy, poor Wolf, I hope he is feeling better soon. How irresponsible that someone took a sick baby to your reunion of babies! It is so heartbreaking when they aren't well, isn't it?

Yeah, I don't think that buying or making baby food is an indication of what kind of parent you are. I was reading in a mag the other day a column by a mother who has 'come out' about buying baby food - she made a good point, saying that it is formulated and made by people with degrees in nutrition and food science - who can argue with that?

Well, now DH and I are arguing. He is on holidays and I thought that maybe he could take a bit of the weight with Kaleb. I stayed in bed this morning while he got up with him and all I could hear was cursing and loud sshhing and Kaleb wailing. Basically he just can't cope with him and thinks there must be some magical answer to why he behaves the way he does - being a 4 mth old baby is not reason enough, according to DH. It just makes me sad that I can't rely on him for the occasional break. However, Kaleb is waking up heaps through the night again, so we are both pretty tired, always makes it easier then to snap at each other!

Sending lots of get well soon wishes to Wolf.

Beth, sorry I've jinxed you It is a shame and I'm not really sure if I can give advice as my DH is very similar. Although I must admit as Aidan gets older he seems to be 'more interested' in him, and just lucky for us if Aidan is crying it either means he is tired or hungry. Maybe a few more times will help DH, maybe even if you leave the house for awhile (if DH will let you?!). I hope you work something out.

Aidan rolled for the first time last week! It was sooo exciting, and now he doesnt stop. A couple of times he even rolled back, but today he got a bit upset (Tegan, just like Lily) that he couldn't roll back over. I dont think it will take him long, I'll tell him Lily can do it so he has to keep up with the girls! Heehee. I am so proud of him, and he loves blowing rasperries (annoyingly cute!). I was telling my best friend overseas and saying it out loud it sounds so... unimportant, but to me it is! It seems in the past week he has really developed and I have been having heaps of fun with him lately.

Jess

Yay for Aidan rolling! What a clever boy.

Lily is still loving her solids, so that's good. Not much else happening.

Beth, to you. Men are all the same. Even my DP gets annoyed sometimes when Lily cries. Which i am glad is only very rarely.

Bye bye Dachlostar & Yasin. See you in 4 weeks!

Wolf is a bit better but still has quite a clogged nose. At least last night he wasn't up crying all the time...

Yeah.. I'm pretty mad at those parents for taking their sick daughter to the meeting...

Beth, sorry to hear about you and DH arguing... I can understand how you feel... DH said while I was pregnant that he'd do half the nappy changes and the night feeds... yeah, right... he maybe does 1 in 100 nappy changes - and only when asked... :roll:

Hope everyone had a good long weekend.

Snowy

Well, things just totally came to a head with me and DH. After arguing on and off all week, we went to go out today. DH volunteered to feed Kaleb while I packed the bag, and within about 30 seconds he starts huffing and carrying on and losing his temper. I can't handle this so I go in and take over, which he doesn't like. Of course then we are running late blah, blah and it ends in DH now taking off in a huff. I don't know where and he doesn't own a mobile so I can't get in touch with him. I'm pretty upset, because we never have big dramatic arguments like this, we normally just bicker and get over it really quickly. I don't know what to do - I think basically I'm just going to have to resign myself to doing everything for Kaleb, because DH seriously can't cope with him at all. I just don't want to end up resenting him though. This totally sucks, I hate arguing!

Beth, I am sorry to hear that about u and ur DH. Men all seem to have short fuses when it comes to babies don't they? :hugs: I hope he comes back in a better mood......

I had my u/s for new bubs on Tuesday and it seemed this one was twice as active as Kat was at that age. It was jumping and squirming and pushing the probe away and sucking it's thumb......I think I'm in for a bumpy ride with two so young!!

awww Beth big *hugs* DH got really upset a few times with Matilda too, and I wound up asking him to read a couple baby books to help him understand her better and it worked a treat. He read the Baby Whisperer and Raising Happy Children (I think thats its name, written by the guy who wrote Raising Boys) and he said they helped him understand her better, now they weren't the choice for me in books to read, but they helped him. Maybe try getting him to either read a book about it or go to a triple P thing where they have parenting seminars... just getting DH around other parents really helped him understand babies more...

oh Beth. I really think you have got to talk to DH. He seems to have some 'issues'

oh, someone just woke from his nap. meant to write more, sorry gotta dash

Oh Beth, I hope DH is back and you managed to atleast discuss things. Have you managed to get out of him why he has such a short fuse with Kaleb? I know me personally, I have a very low patience level in general, but it kind of disappears when it comes to Aidan. I may get a little irritated if Aidan takes forever to feed but you said in your post it wasnt long before DH was huffing and carrying on. Oh I dont know what to say, I wish I could give much better advice! I guess it doesnt help as DH is on holidays, as I know when my DH and I are like this the best thing is some time apart. Has DH been away from Kaleb for reasonable periods of time to learn to miss him and appreciate him (I know my DH has this same problem)? Umm... could you try going out and just leaving DH to handle things, maybe with his Mum/family member there to help him 'just in case'? Good luck mate, thinking of you.

Jess

Beth, :hugs: I hope you work something out with your DH soon. I think that Jess's idea of leaving him under his mum's supervision might be a good one.

beth sorry to hear about your hubby going off in a huff - my DP felt that he couldn't do things with eliana like i do so i just kept giving him alot of reassurance & i think he is finally getting the hang of it (he had a bad fall with her at easter so still worries about hurting her) i have yet to leave her with him for long periods of time - hope things are better

seems it must be the week for babies rolling everywhere - eliana is rolling heaps & gets herself around the place by these weird motions

hope everyone has a great weekend - we are off to byron bay for the long weekend so it will be great to get away

Beth, huge I hope you and DH sort this out soon, it is never good agruing.

Kerrie, glad the u's went weel. Are you finding out whether it is a boy or girl? Which would you rather, or are you not fussed?

Have fun at byron bay Mel!

Not much happening here, all very boring as usual. I put Lily in her sleeping bag tonight and she absolutely hated it! She is asleep now thankgod, but she kicked up a huge fuss about it.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567