Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, April '05

Hi everyone, I hope you all enjoyed your weekends.
    Snowy, I sort of know where your DH is coming from with the normal car comment. I'm not sure that I want a 'people mover' although I did see one at a car show a while ago that was a wagon with optional seats at the back so it could be a 2, 5 or 7 seater. I'm not sure how comfy the seats would be and it always seems to be the youngest who gets stuck in the uncomfiest seat. When I was a kid my parents had a station wagon with a bench seat in the front but they don't seem to make them any more. One thing I do know..... I will NEVER drive a tarago!!!!! eeewwww!!! (sorry to any tarago people 8-[ )
    Tegan. my DH thinks he's really good if he changes 3 nappies in a day and expects applause and so on. he still refuses to bath Yasin on the grounds that he might drown him :roll: .
    Speaking of baths I geuss that I should go and give Yasin one now. He's reached that time of day when he's a tiny bit whiffy. I never knew that babies got B.O. It turns out that what I thought was baby smell is actually the smell of baby cleaning products. The things you discover when you become a mum!!!

cluck cluck!

I visited a friend and her baby this afternoon and she is a beautiful little girl less than 6 pounds, so pretty much the opposite to my BIG, bouncing boy! It got me very clucky (with a helping hand from you girls here!). But DH and I discussed it yesterday and he doesnt want to start trying until Aidan is 1, which I guess is fair enough. I think a September baby would be nice so the maths work out good (assuming it will happen straight away, yerr right). I will never again TTC in March as I learnt the hard one it means potential XMAS baby, not that it really matters...

Aidan is in such a wonferful routine at the minute, 7am and 4 feeds on the dot every 4 hours and sleep around 8pm. Touch wood it stays this way (wishful thinking).

Cuddles to all the beautiful bubs.

Jess

Oh boy do i feel like a horrible mother!

Just got home from a long train trip from Sydney. The train was packed so we had to stand where that platform thing is where the doors are with 5 other people and our pram! So Lily was both hungry and pooey, couldnt do a thing as there was no room to even breathe! So got home and changed her and she has a red raw bum. It hurts so such she was screaming like full on high pitched screaming. I nearly cried myself. Poor thing. Also, we went to the baby expo yesterday and she must have got way too over stimulated because when we left, that night, she was screaming the place down. Gave her the bottle and after she was screaming again. She must have sucked in a lot of air from crying before so she had a belly ache plus was over stimulated. Think she will be sleeping well tonight.

hi everyone
    hope you all had a great weekend
    i have been up on the sunshine coast at my parents with eliana - nice to get totally spoilt plus all the extra help is good
    eliana is loving her food - i mix some farex in with the vegetables or fruit - also makes it easier to feed her as its not as runny - she is also really busy talking & trying to move around - no sign of teeth yet
    all that baby talk makes me clucky - they don't stay baby babies long enough but id like to have 2 years between children though that also means i will be getting old!!
    anyway hope your day is going well

Mel IKWYM about babies growing up too fast. Yasin is not quite 6 months but this morning I looked at him and he's starting to look like a little boy already. Its wonderful to see but also kind of sad. I've cleaned all my carpets as best I can because even though Yasin can't crawl yet he's so mobile that there's no rug big enough for him to stay on.
    Tegan, you're so not a horrible mum. There are always going to be things that are beyond your control and the trains are one of them. I'm sure Lily's bum will feel better soon.
    Jessica, I'm glad that you're onto a great routine. I've almost forgotten what one is.
    At the moment I kind of feel like I'm losing control of this whole motherhood deal. Its not just being a mum, everything in my life seems kind of precarious at the moment. Maybe I should buy new underwear. There's nothing like wearing matching underwear to make you feel like you've got things in order. yay for retail therapy!!! 8-[

dachlostar :smt043 I like that idea. I think we all feel that way at times. Ur not alone.

Tegan.....sometimes it's just not possible to cater to them when they need it. I hope her bottom gets better soon.....and I'm sure a few extra hugs and kisses will help make her feel better too..... (Ps. when nursing, I found calmoseptrine the BEST thing ever for nappy rash. It cools and soothes and protects....it's avail at chemists over the counter) HTH.

Lily's bottom is a lot better today, thank god.

Not much happening here. It's really hot today, i just wish it would cool down a bit.

Lily's is in her rocker and she just turned over onto her tummy in it. I really don't know how. I am not looking much forward to her getting mobile and crawling. She will be into everything i bet!

Lily is growing up too. I swear her hair has grown overnight. It's about 2 inches long at the front. It's curly too, so cute.

Jess, where thinking about TTC about late 2006, so when Lily is about 2. I would love a winter baby. I hated being heavily pg in summer, nearly killed me!

Hi all

I always thought I wanted 3 kids, until I had Grace! Almost straight away after giving birth I said to DH 'that's it, no more babies!' and I haven't changed my mind yet. I won't rule it out completely, but I really don't think we will have another.
    Dachlostar, congrats on TTC. I can understand you wanting to have babies close together, although it is hard work. But is also, of course, extremely rewarding (although that side of things can sometimes be hard to see!).
    Katkins, my SIL got pg 8 weeks after giving birth to her second. I am sending happy and positive pregnancy vibes your way!

Tegan, you are a wonderful Mummy!

There must be something in the water, AF arrived for me too. I have learnt so much about my body since being pg, I've been saying for days I can feel it coming, well tp was pink, I assume it will be worse tomorrow - just in time for Mummy's Group at my house. I have the naprogesic ready to go. Wish me luck... I am (slightly) happy about it, it means things are finally going back to normal. I'll regret saying that I know..

I have a meeting on Wednesday to discuss home ironing. Looking forward to it as it was recommended to me so it cant be that bad, I am just concerned about the pay, I've heard it is practically slave labour but I'll give it a chance.

Dachlostar, that is an awesome idea! Target have a big lingerie sale at the moment, I think?

melbee, you lucky thing, the holiday sounds beautiful. I am in the process of convincing my husband to take us to Japan (my best friend just moved there). Lets just say, he aint convinced!

Jess

Hey Jess, how did the meeting go? That would be great if it works out for you - I'm hanging out for some extra income myself!

Well, what a difference a couple of weeks makes. Decided to have another go with the solids yesterday, and tried Kaleb on some pumpkin as apparently it is a popular choice for babies. He absolutely loved it. Just gave him some again, and he was just pushing himself forward in the chair to get to the spoon, and making these cute little happy noises as he was swallowing it. The other great news is that he slept through last night, 7 till 5, woohoo! I'm sure it was a coincidence that it was same night he had solids, but hey, whatever it was, I'm grateful!

Hey Beth, yay for Kaleb sleeping through and liking pumpkin. I might get Lily some if it next week.

Not much going on here. Splurged out on clothes for Lily at Pumpkin Patch today, $150... They have the sweetest clothes!

Jess, hope the meeting went well.

Hi Beth, good to hear from you! I've tried farex a few times and Aidan was... repulsed! So you've inspired me to try something else. I might wait a few more weeks though.

Tegan, $150!! You naughty girl (I'm sooooo jealous, I dont think we could save $150 in a year)

Meeting went well but they are not sure if there is much work in my area. I'm tempted to go out myself and market for them! Its funny, they are a great company and I've done the maths and I am much better working for them than doing it on my own.

OK. I've just had a HUGE fight with Chris, he just stormed out on me.

Aww Jess I hope the fight wasn't too serious.

:hugs: Jess, hope everything works out ok....

Hello girls,

sorry for not posting a lot recently, but it seems my laptop has died for good. In addition, DH didn't get a job, he thought he had bagged, and things have been a bit difficult here. He is taking it quite personal and is starting to doubt himself and i just don't know what to do to cheer him up (and I feel pretty depressed about it myself- I thought that finally this was it and we'd ave money again). I am so sick of not having any money. Sometimes I think starting our own business was the biggest mistake of our lives.... *sigh*

Wolf has been well. Unfortunately he still wakes about 3-4 times at night, which is just killing me. I gave him his first food 2 days ago: 1/2 banana and he loved it. My milk just seemd low at 2pm, so thought I'd give it a go and it was a great success. He was so keen, he almost ate the spoon as well Will try some pear or apple next and see how that goes.

Hope you are all well. Sorry for no personals (it is 4 a.m. here and I should probably get back to bed)

Snowy

Snowy, That's great that Wolf loved his solids!!! It's fantastic when they get so excited about food and interested in what ur having. I'm sorry to hear ur having financial problems......keep ur chin up tho....I'm sure he'll get a job soon.....

Thanks,Kerrie.
    Tried to go back to sleep but can't. (5 a.m. now) - as if I don't get little enough sleep as is ... * sigh *

Just feeling very low atm.

aww Snowy Its hard having to worry about $$$ with a baby isn't it because its not just you who's effected. I'm sure that your DH will find a job soon and I really doubt that starting your own business was the biggest mistake you ever made. I believe that its much better to regret the things that you have done than the things that you haven't done. A month or two ago (if I remeber right) you were thinking of keeping it going yourself while your DH worked outside the home. I think thats a great idea. I'd love to be a WAHM, you get the best of both worlds (or maybe the worst ). I wanted to go into business with DH but he wants to bring one of his friends into it and I don't and until DH agrees to no annoying friend we're sort of stalled.
    Yay for Wolf loving his solids. Now you have to deal with the stinker poos. When Yasin just had breastmilk his poos were really quite inoffensive but now he's on solids they're scary and when he farts in public (loudly and stinkyly) people look at me funny.

Jess, I hope that you and DH kiss and make up soon. Its no fun fighting, I hate it and I get sooo frustrated when DH runs away instead of sticking around to be screamed at (not that I blame him). I hope that the ironing works out. Maybe after a while you will build up more clients and have more work. I hate ironing but I would probably like it better if I got paid. One of my friends loves it!!!!

Beth, Yasin loves pumpkin too. wooohooo on sleeping through. Yasin still wakes up at 11, 3 and 7. In the morning I feed him and go back to sleep and DH looks after him until he goes to work and then puts him back to sleep so I get to sleep in every morning. I think I'd go nuts if I didn't get the sleep in.

Tegan, I love pumpkin patch too. I haven't bought any cloths for Yasin for ages. Other people seem to buy him so many that I can't really justify it even though I love shopping for him. I live just near a bonds factory so he owns lots of bonds clothes. Especially the stripey ones. I can't believe how many cloths he has grown out of. I have two of the bulk huggies boxes full of clothes that he has outgrown in only 6 months. I hope I have another boy one day because he wore some of them only once or twice before getting too big for them.

Yasin has sort of fallen into a routine again which is nice. He only has 3 daytime sleeps now and the evening one is more of a power nap. He is getting really chatty now and seems to have figured out that if I'm distracted and he wants something (ie a toy he can't quite reach) he can make a noise and then stare really hard at what he wants and he'll get it. Its a bit exciting that he's communicating more deliberatly.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast