Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, July '05

Thanks Tanya,
    I'm suprised we have got this far too...lol

Fi, welcome to the big 3 months. It's cute when they try to pull there legs up hey, I had Tehya laying down the other day without a nappy on and she was doing the same thing, got her little bum right up in the air. Of course I took pics of it. I wrote Ned quite a few times in Grant's album, the way I see it, no matter what she changes it to, he will always be Ned to us. And it's not likely that we'll ever get to see him so..... Very sad situation for the poor baby, atleast our family are normal, God know's he'll need alittle normality in his life. Love Jenna's pics, she's such a cutie. I was looking at the pic thinking Ok so where's Uncle william LOL.

Tanya, it's ok with the way you spell Tehya, like you said it would still be pronounced the same way. Good to hear that Em lobved playgroup, always shocking when you have to take them home though.

Deb, I think that's what Tehya would do if I put her in the jj. Although she does love to bounce up and down on my legs. All the same I think I 'll be leaving it alittle longer too. I have been thinking about going to the mums and bubs session at the movies too. Only thing is up here it's only on a Wednesday, I have Noah home from preschool that day, so if I want to go I have to make sure that I have someone else with me too. I can just see him needing to pee half way through the movie or something.

Sarah, hope all is well with Zander now. They sure know how to scare you hey. Maybe he scared himself and then with you being upset it might have thrown him off a bit more , kwim?

Bec, congrats on getting to 4 months. You know the real fun is just starting now, don't you

Had a much better nights sleep. Tehya went down later, and woke around 3 ish I guess then again aorund 6 am, she's still in bed now although I do think she's awake in there. If only Noah had slept in too ](*,) My headaches are starting to settle down too, I have been trying to get a rest in the afternoons, even if it's only 30 minutes shut eye. I just curl up on the lounge with Tehya . OMG, she is getting so vocal. Had her laying on the floor yesterday and she was talking or squealing up a storm, so very cute though. The minute I take her nappy off it's all smiles, then when I get the wipe and wipe her fanny she cracks up laughing. Obviously it feels good for her Mark calls her a little tart. In a nice way of course.

Take care
    Trish

BTW, Deb can you tell me how you linked up your babiesonline site to the photosite. I think thats a great idea, the best of both worlds.

Thanks

Take care
    Trish

Sorry bec.. I ment 4mo... not $ months oldd... I see you knew what I ment tho

Yay for a better nights sleep Trish!! Sound like you are starting to get the upper hand with her... WEll done, it pays off to be persistant.

I think Violet is almost ready for solids... at night she is just sooo hungry!! And she has started waking again in the night. I have the MCHN appointment next Wed... I'll see what she says. I was going to wait a while seeing as tho I am Breastfeeding, but I think I will follow Violets lead.
    A couple of nights ago Violet woke up so I put my hand in the cot to have a feel... and Chamba was curled up at the end of her cot!! Grrr... naughty boy!! He was in htere again yesterday... not while she was in there, but still!

Tanya

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - nordy Chamba!! It's good that you found him out so quickly. As for Violet being ready for solids - you know best. I bet a bit of Farax does the trick and she sleeps through once again.

Trish - if you go to your babiesonline page, go to the photo gallery and it gives you an option to use a Third Party site?? Just pop the addy to your photosite. Hope that helps! It's good to hear your headaches are getting better. I was really worried about you. Good on you for taking some time to get some R&R. Gabby is getting vocal like Tehya too! It's so funny, isn't it?? Esp. those great big squeals that come out. LOL @ Mark calling her a little tart.

Bec - I am hardly surprised that Eliza is in such large percentiles. She is certainly going to be tall! Woo hoo @ reaching the 4 month mark! I hope you managed to not kill Nick,

Sarah - OMG! You must have been terrified! Thank God for your Mum, hey? Oh you poor thing. I would have freaked too. Glad Zander is ok. He certainly likes to give his Mum a fright!

Fi - love the photos!! Jenna is getting so big! She has definitely over-taken Gabby. Who would have thought that I would end up with the skinny-minnie?? LOL I had to laugh when you said your MCHN is an idiot. How many more weeks do you have to go to the health centre?

We have mother's group today at one of the girl's houses. Should be good. I am glad it's not at my house first - even after the big clean on the weekend, it's back to being feral! I told Neil last night that we are messy, lazy, grotty people. He thinks I am nuts. But, then, he grew up in a house with tools on the kitchen bench and the dogs roaming at will through the house. Anything is clean to him!

Feeling rather nauseous this morning. I was brushing my teeth and it felt like I had morning sickness again!! OMG! 8-[

Gotta go write a punching bag before I go and get organised!

LOL Deb... Lucky you had a bit of practise witht the toddler the other day... Sorry I found it very funny... 8-[

Tanya

Hey Everyone

Sorry I have been MIA again, DH was on holidays as well as the girls, so I spent time with them, thankfully they are all back at work and school now!

Sarah - I hope that Zander is doing better now, horrible when they scare you like that! You are lucky that your mum is so close!

Fi - I think my MCHN is a nutter too, but then again so does my paediatrician. I hope that she doesnt give you a hard time, mine certainly does.

Trish - Glad that Tehya is sleeping a little better for you and great news that you are having some sort of rest! Hope the headaches get better. Sorry to hear that your brother is having a hard time with the mother of his child...she sounds really strange!

Tanya - I hope that you find out if Violet is ready for solids, I guess you know what is best anyway, maybe all she needs is some Farex at night and she will sleep through. Bad Chamba, but at least you spotted him, now to stop him...lol!

Deb - Hope your mothers group goes well. LOL @ the nausea, maybe it is m/s?? I know what you mean by feral houses, I have one too. Its taken me 2 whole days to clean up Tayla's room and finally she has agreed to throw some stuff out...amazing! You have to love the candle party...my sister had one a couple of weeks ago and the stuff is gorgeous, I got lots and she did amazing sales so heaps of free stuff for her. I hope you got something nice for you!

I hope that I havent missed anyone, apologies if I have!

We are doing fine here. Hayley is being really good, still isnt going down until midnight each night, but is sleeping until 6-7.30am, which is perfect for me to get the others ready for school. She did have a couple of days last week where she slept 13 and 14 hours, scared the hell out of me. I have my MCHN checkup on Friday, not sure which one it is, I think its the 12w one, since she is so addicted to this age adjustment crap.

I have finally booked Hayley's naming day, so that will be nice, just have to book the hall now, but that shouldnt be too hard, its not until October anyway. I am trying to get everything done before we go away, only 5w to go and we will be in hopefully Sunny Qld, now I just have to work out what I need to pack! Grrrr!

Hayley is still really small, so hopefully my appt on Friday she will have grown heaps, she is still in most of her 0000 clothes, although she can wear a few 000 but they are sooo huge on her. My kids are midgets, lol!

Okay enough rambling from me, just wanted to touch base with everyone and hopefully I will be able to post more often now. I have a friend coming over today so that will be really nice as I havent seen her for ages, thankfully my other friend has disappeared for a while, so I get to have a break from her!

Hello all,
    Thanks for the welcomes - I feel like I've come home. Awwwwww..

Tanya - I didn't think Jenna was too chubby 8-[ , she always looks little compared to all the other babies as shes the youngest in mothers groups and ANC. But I weighed her yhesterday at mothers group, and she was 5.8kg with all her clothes on, so I'm guessing she's probably about 5.5kg. Wow at needing solids already. You would certainly have more idea of it than I would, and I know shane is itching to feed her, so he will probably rush me into it. He loves giving her a bottle (a bot-bot) and would be happy if I expressed full time. I think I would need a slightly more industrious pump if I were to do that though. Naughty puss puss!! Its Shane's worst fear that the cats will get in her bed, but to be honest they prefer to be snuggled up with me. It will be good when Jenna doesn't need to be wrapped anymore so we dont have to panic about her not beiong able to move them away.

Deb - maybe the m/s is in sympathy with Lauren? You have been careful when dtd haven't you?? Hope your mothers groups is good today. I dont think you are messy and lazy and grotty! I think you are quite nice! Besides, the dirt builds their immunity up! All good!

Trish - LOl at providing the normality in one's life. I think we are fairly normal, but its pretty hard to know we're setting the benchmark huh?? After all - I'm pretty cooky sometimes. =P~ Yes, apparently the dogs are my brothers, becuse they are my mums babies. So I guess that makes them Jenna's uncles. Its all terribly complicated, and probably not very normal! If we were in Sydney, shane could watch all 3 kids for us, and we could go to a normal movie! He would take it all in his stride, or limp actually. LOl on the tart thing.

Bec - Hope you made it through the day OK with Nick. Don't you love the RDO days? Well I used to when we were both off, and we could go for a ride on the bike somewhere. Doens't seem to happen anymore. Glad Eliza is stacking it on OK, she is certainly going to be tall and skinny - or at least until she discovers the finer things in life like good cheese, wine and potato chips.

Sarah - The MCHN is a fence sitter. After mothers group I asked her about Jenna getting sick from us, we both had a runny bum (we think something we ate) and wondered if jenna could catch it since it wasn't really gastro, just food poisoning. "Well sometimes they can, sometimes they can't." Its the only answer we ever get out of her, and all the girls in my class say the same thing. Totally annoying!!!

I might try and do some more scrappign today, I got another 150 prints developed, and they are just waiting to be used!

Fi

Woohooooo!!! Zander slept 11pm - 6am, then 7.15am we went into my bed together & he is still asleep now at 10.30 \/ YAAAAAY!

Yay at the weight gain Bec, that's fantastic =D> Had to laugh at you saying "we put on..." I do the same thing, it's rarely I now!!

I had though that Trish, about me being upet making Zander worse the other night, you're probably right. LOL at Tehya being a little tart! Zander loves the wipes a well, he's funny cos they're usually cold & he does this funny little gap then laughs!

Wow at Violet being ready for solids Tanya. Sooo do you think you'll start her next week after your appointment? I dob't think Znader is ready, but I'm not really sure how to tell 8-[ We put him up to 240ml bottles last week (from 180ml) and he still seems content with that so I guess he is still alreight on formula alone? As for Chamba, norti boy! Bear hasn't done anything like that yet that I know of.

LOL at the house being feral Deb, IKWYM sadly! Aaron & our guy friends are cleaning out the garage & backyard this weekend for the termite man, so I am doing a bit clean of the house while they're doing that. I decided to organise mums group here next week after the big clean. Eek at the feeling nauseus, hope it's nothing too bad.

LOL at Deb throwing red herrings Shannon

Wow at 13-14hr sleeps Dinky, no wonder you were scared! I hope Hayley has grown heaps when you have the appointment on Friday. One of the girls in my mum's group had her little girl at 29 weeks & at 6months she is only just coming out of her 0000 clothes!

ISWYM about the MCHN Fi, what a pain in the bum - you go to see them to get answers & all she does it that :roll:

Well, after 1/2 an hour to type this up 8-[ Zander is still asleep, so I might go shower, get dressed & do some washing. Finally we had a clear sunny day yesterday & I was at work so no washing got done, today is overcast again so I'll have to see how we go.

Scarlett Guest

Sarah - yey for the sleep, fingers crossed it contnues for you. I would have freeked too if Emily had done anything like Zander, I'm so glad your Mum lives right next door.

Tanya - we are constantly chasing one of our cats Morgan out of the cot, I think he honestly believes we made a nursery for him and Emily is the invader. The upside is he tried to jump in once when she was in there and freeked right out and hasn't done it since. He just crashes out in there if she is awake.

Deb - hmmm red herrings hey. Nothing wrong with a feral house, you should see mine at present. But I figure I can work, come home and spend time with Emily or clean. I choose to play with my baby and work the cleaning stuff out when it fits in. If I was still at home I would do exactly the same thing.

Sorry to those I missed but have very limited time as there are Naught children at the door waiting for me. Emily absolutley cracked it for Kev last night (I was at work) which I find very funny as he has been less than sympathetic when she does it to me if he is away. She settled right down when I got home and just cllung to me- felt really special. The upshot is she was awake for 41/2 straight hours and slept until 6.40 when I woke her up. Recently she has been waking at 5am for a feed and then going back down. Much better this way.

Fi - our pets qualify as Emily's brothers and sisters, for now anyway.

Scarlett...lol at Em being bad for Dad... aren't we mean?? lol
    I though you were saying Emily was awake for forty one hours... took me a while to get it... I'm slow!!

Sarah, I have heard that if you bottle feed your baby soilids should be introduced at 4mo... but breastfed babies can start anywhere between 4 and 6 months. You might have to get ready a bit sooner than you think . Violet watches very intently when we are eating so I think she is beginning to realise what is going on.... plus I like the thought of filling her up more and getting a better sleep out of her.

Fi, I am sure Shane would tire very quickly if he had to feed Jenna every feed... I know Wato wanted to feed Emily all the time but after feeding her a few solid feeds he was happy to leave it up to me...

Violet vomited on my head today!! LOL.... I was lifting her over my head and rubbing my head on her belly... well it kinda serves me right!!
    Emly fell asleep on the kitchen floor!! LOL... poor kid! She usually never falls asleep anywhere but her cot! She got her dummies a blanket and her pillow and made up a little bed for herself and went to sleep! I couldn't believe it! A bit cute! She was in the car the other day eating a mini quiche with her eyes shut...lol... so funny

Tanya

Tanya, isn't it cute when they do things like that. I have a pic of Noah asleep on the loungeroom floor, matchbox car still in his hand. My kids have almost fallen asleep in the bath too, thankfully I was close by for those baths. Yuck on the spew in the hair. Tehya always seems to get Joel with the big ones, lol, it always sends him running for the shower in a hurry

Deb, hope your morning sickness (haha) goes away soon. Thanks for letting me know how to do that. I think I got it all done right. Added a new album on there and some new pics too in her 4 month book.

Scarlett, don't you just love it when they aren't angels for Daddy. It's good for them to know how it really IS. Yay on your good sleep too.

Fi, I think thats a great idea leaving all the bubby girls with Shane. Atlleast he can't run away from them atm

Dinky, I wish I was getting sleeps like that here. Still I KWYM about it scaring you.

Sarah, you sound like me, it always seems to take me ages to type up a post and I'm really not that slow at typing. Usually one of my many kids wants me for something stupid like food!

Going out of my mind today. Tehya has had all of an hours sleep since she woke this morning around 8.30. Noah is still up running amok too. I figure why bother getting him down if she isn't, it's not like I'm getting any peace.

I took a couple of pic's of Tehya's framed portraits, They aren't great, too hard to take pics through glass. Anyway, I put them on her page in the portraits album, have a squizz if you want. Called the photographer up as Mark noticed that the matting is crooked on the coloured pics. After paying that much for them I want them returned to the framer to be fixed. On a good note though, the photographer has offered me some work with her in Sept. hopefully I get more out of her. She told me I could either work for $$$ or for pics. Hmmm What to do.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Wow! We are a chatty bunch today.

Let me just say - no red herrings here! No way! The thought of being preggo again terrifies me.... but it would be just my bloody luck!! LOL
    As it turns out I have, as Fi would put it, a runny bum. I must have eaten something that didn't agree with me. It's not too bad. Just feel a little ick and have to run to the loo every now and then... luuuuurvely!

Sarah - YAY @ Zander's wonderful sleep! You must feel like a new woman! Hope you got loads of housework done.

Dinky - good to see you are back on deck. Sounds like you have been busy. Hayley sounds like she is going great guns. If all your kids have been little things, surely it stands to reason that she is gonna be little too? I think sometimes the "professionals" forget that some people are just smaller than others.

Scarlett - I had to giggle when you said your DH had a rough time with Emily. I always hope that Gabby will be difficult for Neil. Last time she did a poo and it went everywhere so that was just desserts for him! LOL

Fi - hope you got some scrapping done. You will have to show me your scrap book when I come over next. I haven't done anything else for a while because I haven't had the $$ to print off more photos. All in good time!! Thankyou for saying that I am nice and not a grot I was whinging last night about how filthy we are compared so some of our friends and Neil made the point that most of them have new houses. New houses always look cleaner than older ones. And LOL @ the dirt building up immunity. Gabby is going to be super-human then!!

Tanya - oh no @ Violet vomitting on your head!! Oh dear! But sooooo cute that Emily fell asleep on the kitchen floor. I guess she was pretty tired!! LOL

Trish - I checked out the new pics. Just gorgeous. I love the black and white one during nappy-off time. Very cute!

Hmm... miss thing is awake again. I reckon she would have slept for another couple of hours this morning if I didn't have to wake her to go to mother's group. It's at my house next week so it will be good to not have to go anywhere. Still, it means I have to clean up again. Urrrrgh!!!!

LOL Deb, you sound like me. Visitors are a week off and already your dreading the housework you'll have to do beforehand. Even though spot cleaning is done regulary and our house cleaner comes in once a fortnight (don't thing she does as good a job as me) I still don't think it's clean enough. My mum is spotless, you could turn up anytime day or noght and nothing is out of place. Thats why I have all my functions - bdays, baptism's, baby shower's at her place

I love that pic of Tehya too. I'm already thinking of how I can scrap it once I print it up.

I have a tummy bug too, came down with it on Sunday at Mums house while the visitors were there mind you 8-[ Had to go and hide in the loo with chronic pains in the tummy. Doesn't seem to last too long but my stomach is still quite sensitive.

take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - Neil has it too! He says he has been on the loo all day. Must have been something we ate. Can't think what it could have been tho! So long as Gabby doesn't get it. LOL @ you having all your functions at your Mum's place. You're a smart girl! I should do that too - no cleaning up for me!! Ah well... it's a good thing to have people coming over because it means the place will get a decent clean at least a few times a year.

Well I am out all day and I have heaps to catch up on! Good to see but there is no way that I can remember all the happened but shall give it a go.

Deb - hope you and Neil feel better soon and I hope the Gabby doesn't get it through your milk. One of the mums from my mums group ate something and the next day her little one was crook. Great to hear mums group is going well and yay at Gabby's roll and your freebies at candle party.

Trish - hope those headaches are continuing to stay away. LOL at Tehya liking the wipes, Matty always smiles too... hmmm We were laughing today at mums group what the little boys will get up to with their little ones. Doesn't it hurt?! Happy belated 4 months Tehya.

Tanya - lol at Violet spewing on you, even time I put Matty in the air I wonder when he'll get me. How is Chamba usually with Violet? Little bubs are so warm so it makes sense they want to cuddle with them. Thankfully our cat is yet to do it. (notice I said yet - it will happen!)

Dinky - great to hear from you and glad that Hayley is well.

Fi - Welcome and Happy 3 months to Jenna. Hope she got over that wind the other night. Get some scrapping done? Yay on Jenna's rolls and crawl - wtg!

Scarlett - glad you are surviving work and that Emily did crack it, it's nice to know that they understand what we have to deal with. Hows her crawling?

Sarah - great Zander has had a good sleep. Oh no to your scare! Thank goodness Aaron and your mum calmed you down. Don't worry about feeling bad, there are plenty times I have done something similar.

Busy couple of days, Matty was very active and clingy at the same time yesterday and today we went out and about and to mums group. We were going to hit the shops but our plaza had a bomb scare! Rotten timing so I went to Target and OMG at all the toys out ready for the big sale! Otherwise I think he is over his cold and now I have another patient - DH is home with a cold - great - NOT!

Deb - I hope I didn't pass something on to you!! I am always very careful about washing my hands with soap, and I didn't use your toilet, so I would be surprised if I had. Shane had it worse than I did anyway, it barely affected me!! We were blaming it on the chicken I cooked the other night, but maybe not huh? I got all the photos cut out for anohter page, but I haven't figured out what to put on the other side, so I can't put this page together yet. I have to bring that board for you as well.

Trish - I wasn't just meaning the girls! Shane can look after all of them, as long as you dont mind Noah eating all sorts of bad things. He's a bit naughty about ice creams and chocolate. What sort of work would you be doing later in teh year? Hard question on the photos or $$$. Have you got any family portraits done yet byt the professional?

Tanya - Shane would breast feed if he could. He very seldom gets sick of her, which is a bonus for me, cause I quite quickly get sick of her!!! She carries on sometimes, and there is nothing I can do, so I figure shane mayas well have her. Sometimes though, only a mummy cuddle will fix it - I love that!! It must be my smell or something. LOL at the vomiting. I havent had any in my mouth or head yet, but still get the occasional one on my boob while she's feeding. Total grossout!!!

Scarlett - how is netball going? You must be enjoying the cooler times up there now. It was that bloody cold here on Saturday, and the rain was pouring. Sometimes I think it would be nice to play indoor, but then its soo hot in summer. I hope work keeps going well for you.

Sarah - Yay on the sleep!!! Hope you had another good one last night. Its amazing that Zander drinks 240mls, does he usually finish the whole bottle??

Hi Dinky, hope the holidays were OK for you, its probably nice to be just abck to you and Hayley again right? Yay on the long sleeps for you. The age adjustment thing is all up[ the crap anyway cause my niece was 9weeks prem, but didn't reach 5kg until she was 29weeks old, so what are they going to do? Adjust 20 weeks instead of 9?? Seems a little silly huh? Just take the babies as they come, and they will eventually catch up. I think they say by about 2 years old you can't tell too much of a difference.

Nell - What a bummer that you got caught up in that bomb scare?? Did anything eventuate from it? And bummer on DH being sick. Hopefully he'll only have a couple of days off work. Its nice to have them home to catch up on odd jobs, but really it drives me spastic! 2 weeks on and at least 3 more to go. I'm over it.... Although, I might go for a swim today, and I'm still too chicken to put Jenna into the daycare centre at the gym.

Well hopefully today Lara will become unconditional,so I can take the contract into the bank and stop mortgage paymetns. The insurance company still hasn't paid Shane yet (for 2 weeks on workcover so far....) and even then they are paying him at 1996 rates which is about half of now, so its probably a good idea to restrict our cashflow until Lara settles. Luckily we had a few thou$$ in savings to cover mortgage payments in case Lara took several months to sell. I still think its pretty rank that they can just not pay him though. Many families live week by week, and just cause we dont at the moment doesn't mean that they can just not pay us!! So we will be talking to them today very sternly.

Fi

Fi, thats ok, Shane can feed him away, afterall he'd be looking after him if he went feral The work would be helping the photographer out with shoots. Helping to get the kids organised, phone backs, that sort of stuff. Haven't got family portraits done with her yet, was thinking about wating til Tehya got a little older. Then I was thinking about gettng a nice one done in time for Fathers Day. Tehya will be 6 months old then so hopefully we'd get some good ones. Mark wants me to work for $$, but in satying that she only pays around $15 an hour to help out so I think I'd be better off with pics.

Nell, you wait tit you see what Matty does with IT. They stretch til you think it's going to come off. They are so rough with it, but it doesn't seem to hurt them thankfully. OMG on the bomb scare, not something that we need need this close to London hey. Glad to hear that all is well.

Mark and I were talking about holidays last night and I said how Mum and I had been talking about going down to Melbourne for a long weekend, you can pick up flights really cheap atm. He was all for it \/ I think it's because he wants to go back down for the bikes this year again, so who knows. Fingers crossed it will eventuate. I did say that I'd rather go down with him and he was like "and do what, shop?" well Yeah!!! atleast for one day. Atleast he has some sort of idea where things are down there. I'd have no idea and probably end up lost

Take care
    Trish

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast