Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, July '05

Well, we are home cos ew left at half time. Every time they cheered it scared Zander so he was getting quite stressed. I took him into another room to calm him down where he promptly fell asleep so I didn't want to go back in for him to be woken. Aaron came in after 10mins & said he didn't want me sitting alone so he'd take us home at half time, how nice is that?! So we are home & Aaron didn't even have 1 beer so he drove

I'm home too Trish! Poor us!!

Violet is good, she's been going to sleep really late the past couple of nights... I think it's colic again. I gave her to Wato a couple of nights ago at 1am. I heard her crying at 5am and got up to feed her ans Wato said she hadn't had much sleep!! Hmmm I hope that doesn't happen again!!

Wato is going away for a couple of weeks on Friday... I'm gunna like it at first, but I am sure it'll get lonely quickly!

Took Alecia to the dentist today, she needs a filling so I have to go back next week. When the tooth erupted a few years ago the enamel has a brown patch on it and they fixed it but it spread and now she has another cavity . Poor chook!

Deb, I remember after I had Emily I got a very light AF about a week before I got a real af... hopefully she stays a way for a while longer!

Have a good night out Sarah!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Sarah - that was nice of Aaron to take you home. Sometimes the fun just isn't worth it when it is at the babie's expense, hey? Like I keep saying to Neil, we just have to live a quiet and relatively boring life for a short time. It's only temporary!

Trish - I hope Noah slept well for you last night. And Tehya for that matter! Yay @ your frames being ready. I bet they look great. That's something I have to get my butt into gear with. I have so many photos I need frames for!

Tanya - sorry to hear that Violet has been colicy. That's no good. Good on Wato for helping out tho! Bummer about Alecia's teeth. Best to nip it in the bud now tho, hey? Teeth are the worst (and SO expensive!). I think I need about $3000 worth of work on mine. Hmmm.... funny... we don't have a cool $3000 sitting around for some reason!

Gabby was so grizzly this morning. She doesn't spend much time feeding any more and it's beginning to bother me. Last night she just screamed when I tried to BF her yet she drank 180mls of formula I think she is rejecting me. I am not going down without a fight tho!! Formula is just too damn expensive!

Oh no Deb!! Doesn't sound too good!!

Sarah, that's great of Aaron to drive you home... Bet he's happy the Blues won

Hope Noah slept well for you Trish, Sounds like Mark would've enjoyed the game. How's Teyah's sniffle?

Violet was an angel last night!! Slept form about 8pm to 6am...

Tanya

Funny you should say Aaron would be happy with the Blues winning Tanya - he's originally a Queenslander!! So nope, not happy at all Woohoo at such a good sleep from Violet last night. Makes up for all the yucky ights she's been having.

Awww Deb you poor tings with the feeding. I hope all works out really soon.

Just updated my little munchkin's website

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww... he is so cute, Sarah! Love the blokey photo!! LOL

We said he just needs to have a beer next to him!

Hey Girls,

Sarah, good that Aaron dropped you back off at home, atleast you would get some quiet there. Zanders pics look great too. I love the pic one on the first page.

Deb, sometimes babies will start to prefer the bottle over the boob if they are having both because it's easier for them to feed from. IYKWIM. It takes more effort to suck on a breast than a bottle. I wouldn't give in, only offer the boob to her, if she's hungry enough she'll take it. Sounds harsh but think of the alternative.

Tanya, sorry to hear that you've been having hard nights too. Hopefully if it is colic it leaves Violet alone sooner rather than later. My big boys need to go to the dentist too, so do I for that matter. I agree, it is so bloody expensive. Apparently dentists are one of the highest paying professions. Wonder why.

Tehya's sniffle has pretty much gone, still has a slight cough but nothing too bad. Noah slept good last night too thankfully. Tehya only woke twice I think. So last night was a good night. I went to the Dr's today abouut my headaches after everyone had been telling me to go. I've been having really severe headaches everyday for around 2 or 3 weeks now. I am living on Advil. I thought that it was just from not getting enough sleep when all this sleepless nights started with bub. Apparently they are tension headaches and I need to get more rest. Hmmm I wonder if the Dr is coming over to babysit while I sleep

Better go, have to take Joel to footy training. Mark usually does it but he has a meeting at work this afternoon and still isn't home.. Sooo don't feel like going though.

Tehya is 4 months old tomorrow. NOOOOOO, she's growing old too fast.

Take care
    Trish

Scarlett Guest

Hi all, well have been running around like the proverbial chook all week and have had no time to even think about the internet. Thanks for the well wishes Nell I really appreciated them.

Well our aniversary was fantastic if anyone has somewhere to get a warm stone massage I reccommend it. It was incredibly relaxing and really nice to do it together.

Work is going well, but is so busy. I am doing an acting head of department job for the term which means I have to run the maths, science and japenese departments as well as deal with everyones behaviour issues. Have met some very 'interesting' kids this week and did my first supspension today. Am loving being back at work though, but miss Emily horribly. It is so hard to leave her at day care, but it is great that I am so busy the day goes really quick and I get excited at the end of it when i get to go and pick her up.

Hope everyone is well and that bubs are going great.

No time for detailed personals I am just toooo exhausted - went to bed 11.45pm & we were up for 15mins at 2.30, 3.30, 4.30 (bottle so 30mins) 5.55, 7.00 and finally got up at 8.05 ](*,) Why oh why is he doing this????

LOL at the Dr coming over so you can get some rest Trish!I hope Noah & Tehya start sleeping better for you soon.

So are you back fulltime Scarlett? I'm finding 1-2days pretty tough! So I'm impressed.

Scarlett Guest

Sarah, you poor thing I hope you have a chance to get some sleep today. Yep I am back full time which is exhausting but good for the bank balance.

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Sarah! Sorry you had another crappy night. :hugs:

Trish - fancy that! Tension headaches, hey? We could have all told you that! As for needing rest.... as if you wouldn't be doing that if you could. You poor thing! Headaches are the worst. Good to hear that the kids slept ok last night tho. Hopefully they keep it up so your headaches go away completely.

Scarlett - wow! Back to work AND acting head of department! You must be a busy thing. It's great that you are loving being back at work. I will have to take my hat off to you there. I can't imagine being able to get organised to get to work let alone prepare lessons etc. We'll have to call you Super Mum!

Gabby threw another tanty last night when I tried to give her a BF. She screamed and screamed so I ended up giving her the 60mls of EBM that I got out that morning. She drank it and screamed when she finished because she wanted more. So I gave in and gave her some formula only for her to throw it back up again! ](*,) I put her to sleep and she slept for 4 hours. Poor little thing was knackered. She also did a really runny poo (her second one that day - normally she does one every 2 days) so I think she may have had a tummy ache. It may have hurt her to lay on her side? When she woke up, she fed reeeally well and also fed well this morning. Such a relief! I rang Mum in a tizz because I thought she had rejected me completely. I think you are on the money, Trish. I just need to be stronger and only offer her the boob. She probably wasn't all that hungry anyway so she would have been ok. You live and learn, hey?

Debbie Lee Guest

Oh and... HAPPY 4 MONTHS TEHYA!!

Scarlett Guest

Deb, it is so frustrating when they wont feed and you know they need to. We had to do the opposite to get Emily to take the bottle and it was so frustrating. I'm glad Gabby eventually fed well for you, it is such a relief when they do.

Yes it is difficult getting organised for work etc, but I am managing so far. Kev has been really helpful which is great. The upside of the HOD job is I am so busy during the day it goes really quickly.

Emily is trying so hard to crawl at present, she can do a sort of commando wriggle and can get up on all fours for a little bit. You cant leave her alone now as she can get herself to anything she wants to including everything you dont want her to. It is funny to watch as she cant quite coordinate back and front yet and overbalances and rolls over.

Hi all, Zola has been busy and she's not well at the moment, so she asked me to post a link to some more photos of our little man.

Here they are!

Another bad night here again, same a the one before - up every hour ](*,) Aaron finally got up with him at 6.00 for a bottle & put him into his cot so I caould get a bit of sleep - he stayed there for 4hrs :shock: I think he's getting too big for his hammock, his arms touch the sides so I'm thinking that every time he tries to move he gets stuck so cries. So I pick him up & put him back down obviously in a slightly different position so he is happy until he wants to move again. Soooo we are trying the cot tonight, I'm a bit worried cos it's so far away from our room. But if it helps us all to sleep better I guess it has to be done.

Sorry to hear that Zola isn't well at the moment Felius, I hope it's nothing too serious. And Bas is soooo cute

Yay at Emily trying to crawl already. It must be so cute to watch.

Awww you poor thing Deb. How has Gab been going with her feeds today?

Everyone cross their fingers for us for a good night

Hi all,
    I think the sleep problems are in the air..my eyes are about to drop out of my head.
    I am sure we are going through a growth spurt at the moment, it seems like I have just got back to bed and she is screaming for another feed.
    Or the fact that she has realised that if she lays in her cot and talks gabblish to herself slowly getting louder and louder at 5 am we will go in and she will play (smart child).
    Other than that the weather has been so bad we are house bound and that is giving my dh something else to complain about, if you arn't out and about all weekend ...it is a waste huh men!!!
    Glad to hear that Gabbys feeding alot better Deb.
    Sarah hope the sleeping situation improves, the first night in the cot is always the hardest.
    Scarlett: Yay to the crawling..hopefully it will take alittle longer before she gets completly mobile
    Trish: congrats to Tehya on 4 months.
    Better go and get some sleep..heres hoping to a few hours!
    Bec

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast