Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, July '05

Well Sarah, I am hoping that you did get a better nights sleep. I know when we moved Matthew into his room down the other end of the house it is hard, that's why we got the monitor with the camera, so we can see him, it does help a little! I just love the piccies of Zander. How long has the one of him in your hands been on? I just love that one! How is he in his jolly jumper? We are thinking about getting Matty one.

Trish - happy belated 4 months to Teyha. I hope that her sniffles have well and truly gone and that you are getting more sleep to get rid of those headaches.

Deb - how is Gabby going? How is her feeding? Pete says thanks for birthday well wishes and Happy 3 years to you and Neil. I hope you had a lovely meal the other night. Counter meals are often the best I reckon!

Scarlett - great to hear from you and that work is going well. Wow acting head! That's great! Hope Emily is going well and yay for thinking about crawling.

Bec - hope you had a better night too.

Tanya - yay on Violets long sleeps! I hope they have continued.

Zola and Felius - get better soon Zola and great pics of Bas, he is such a cutie!

Matty is a little better, has a little cough but he is a much happier boy now. Thanks everyone for your thoughts. He is rolling back to front! Everytime you out him on the floor on his back he promotely rolls over - also has done a couple continous rolls as well, back to front to back again - very cute.

Well we had a much much better night last night. Although we did go to bed at 1am - friends were over! Zander slept until 8.30am & only woke up twice \/ I decided not to wrap him either & that was a big success as well. YAAAAAY! Problem was that I woke up heaps having to check on him! I'm sure after a few days I'll manage it better!

Nell he is really funny in the Jolly Jumper - he loooves standing up ATM, so as soon as he' in it his legs go stiff & he just stands there The photo in my hands is from when he was 2 months old, but I only put it up a week or so ago. Do you remember me saying that the Pixie Photo lady wanted new photos for their studio? That was the one they took & I got as a freebie. Yay for Matty feeling better & for his rolling

Bad weather here to Bec, rain rain rain! It's good cos the dams are filling, but bad cos I have a mountain of washing, Zander is running out of clothes.

We're off to the movies this afternoon, going to see War of the Worlds. Mum's taking Zander for us, so it'll be nice to get out just the two of us.

Debbie Lee Guest

Felius - thanks for letting us know about Zola. I hope she is feeling better soon. Gosh Bas is cuuuuute! Love the pics.

Sarah - urrgh @ the lack of sleep. I hope putting him in his cot will work. I am sure he will be fine. After a couple of nights, you will start to feel more comfortable.

Nell - good to hear that Matty is feeling better. I hope his cough goes away soon. I agree with you about counter meals. Can't go past a good parmi!

Bec - sorry to hear you have been having a rough time in the sleep department too. They are clever little munchkins, aren't they?

Scarlett - wow @ Emily trying to crawl. She is getting soooo big now! I guess it is just the beginning of her getting into things, hey?

We have had a busy weekend. I looked after our friend's 2.5 year old yesterday while she took his older brother and sister to the movies. He was sooooooo good. It was really easy! Neil and I took he and Gabby grocery shopping (practice dealing with a toddler and a baby). Then we had a 1st birthday to go to which was really good. Everyone had a hold of Gabby and she had a wonderful time. Today I have to host a candle party so I have been madly cleaning my pig-sty of a house. Neil is meant to be helping me but he is hung over in bed. Gabby is sooking in her cradle so I am listening to see if he gets up to her. Hmm... doesn't sound good!
    Oh... I figured out what to do when she won't feed. I squirt some milk in her mouth, LOL. Works a treat! She forgets what she is grumpy about and sucks like crazy.

Ok... better go get Gab. Then wake Neil up with the vacuum!! Muhahahahaha!!

practice dealing with a toddler and a baby
    Sounds like you coped really well with a toddler & a bub Deb. Does this mean you are thinking about it Yay on coming up with something to get Gab to eat properly. Have fun at your candle party too.

Debbie Lee Guest

Hehehe... yep, Sarah. We will probably have another one but not until Gabby is 2-3 years old. We aren't in a great hurry to go through all of that again too soon! Still, my hat goes off to those of you thinking of TTC sooner. Each to their own, hey?

Had a great turn-up @ my candle party today (including our lovely Fi and her gorgeous little Jenna - I got lotsa smiles which was lovely!, and Angela with bubba Ella who also gave me some lovely smiles!). There were 5 babies all up.
    Gabby rolled over 3 times today from her belly to her back. Fi saw it all! She is so cllllllever! I tried to get her to do it again for Neil but I think she was all rolled out. She also gets half-way over from her back to belly so it's all guns-a-blazin here!

Yay Gab, what a clever little girl she is, it sounds as if she is almost ready to roll both ways
    Congrats on a good turn out at your candle party!! I've neva heard of a candle party b4...?

Sarah I hope Zander slept well again for you today.

Scarlett, Emily sounds as tho she will be into everything very soon!! Time for every thing to go UP!! LOL

Trish, how are Teyah's sleeps going? Congrats on 4months too

Nell great to hear that Matty's cold has almost gone

Zola... Get well soon! You have a very cute little fella there (like you didn't know already!!)

Bec, I hope you are getting a bit more sleep too!!

I stayed at mum's ova the w/e... now I am sooo tired!! It seems that Emily doesn't sleep very well there and now I feel like a zombie! Mum said she might come over and take Emily for a couple of days, so that will help me catch up on a few Zzzz's.
    Alecia has Production practise mon, tue and wed the next two weeks!! Damn it! Means I have to go into shep to pick her up 3 nights a week! grrr! Oh well it will be good for her... just a bit of a pain in the bum... and $$ with petrol prices so high!
    Violet is well... I think she has had another growth spurt... she looks so big!
    I am taking Emily to the Dookie playgroup today... I think she will LOVE it!!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Tanya - bummer about Em not sleeping very well. I hope you get a chance to catch up when your Mum takes her for a while. Hope you have a good day at playgroup today! I agree with the petrol prices. They are insane here so I imagine they are even worse up your way!

Gab's crying. She has had her morning power-nap! I am hoping the rain stays away today so I can go for a bit of a walk. I have never felt more fat in my life!! Even when I was preggo.

Deb, sounds like Gab is going really well with the whole rolling thing. [email protected] her morning power nap. That's what Tehya has everyday. Hope that you get to go out for your walk today. I often think about it but that's as far as I get 8-[ Wish that I could loose it just by having thoughts of exercising

Tanya, fingers crossed that your mum does come and pick Em up for you. Petrol prices are a joke here too. Mark took my car and put $20 in the other day and when he brought it back the thing was still on empty. I have to have a giggle everytime when I see the way you spell Tehya. When I first decided on her name people would ask how I spelt it and I was like Teyha, Teyah, no thats not it, Tehya. Sometimes even now I get confused. Tehya is doing well now too, sniffles are gone. Hope that Violet starts to sleep abit better for you now that your back home.

Zola, hope that you are feeling better soon. Bas's pics are beautiful. I love his little dimples. Thanks for letting us know Felius.

Nell, good to hear that Matty is doing better. Yay on his rolls too.

Sarah, Yay on getting a better nights sleep on Sat, hopefully last night's one was good too. Need a good nights sleep before work. I have thought about putting Tehya in the jolly jumper, just not sure how safe it is to do so with Noah around. Besides I think she's stil abit little for it just yet.

Scarlett, wow at Emily wanting to get moving already. Look out when she does. Everything starts getting moved higher and higher up the shelves.

Bec, I hope that you start to get some sleep too. These babies sure know how to work us hey.

Kayla and Nat, hope that you are doing well too and anyone else I've forgotten (i'm sure there is).

Tehya has been sleeping abit better thankfully. Also I am making sure that when she does stir and wake after a short sleep that I go and give her a pat and stick her dummy back in and attempt to get her back to sleep. Mark is slowly learning, usally he just goes in an picks her straight up, I have to make sure to tell him each time to try and get her back off. I did it with her the other day and got a few hours out of her, Yes it was broken, but it was sleep and one small step in the right direction.

We had at bbq at Mum's yesterday for my brother belated bday. I framed a picture of him and Ned and made a srap album up of Ned for him.

How twisted is this. I'm sure most of you would remember me posting about my brothers "gf" the mother of Ned. Well, she came back and stayed at his house for a few days and to cut the story short it was decided it was best for her to go back to her mothers with the baby. She took Grant's (bro) new car and wouldn't bring it back, then she rang up gloating that she had smashed it into the gutter ruining his new wheels. But here is the biggest thing, she rings up and say's "you know Ned, well he's name isn't Ned anymore, It's Cameron" WTF. This girl has serious brain issues I swear. Apparently she did the same thing with her first son, she once told me that she'd named him sonething else when he was born but her family didn't like it so she changed it after a few weeks.

Hope everyone has a great day,.

Take care
    Trish

Debbie Lee Guest

Trish - oh dear! Your brother's gf sounds a little loopy. The poor guy! And poor Ned/Cameron. Sounds like she needs some serious help. Good to hear that the re-settling of Tehya is working. I just did that with Gabby then. I was feeding her and she fell asleep on the boob - a dead give away that she wasn't really ready to wake up. So I wrapped her again and put her back down. The little trickster!

I forgot to tell everyone that we put Gabby in the jolly jumper last week. She just kinda dangled there and spun around a few times. She seemed to like it but I think we will wait another couple of weeks before we give it another go. I got some pics and will put them on her site if she doesn't wake up again any time soon.

I'm heeeeerrre!!!!!
    Feeling very good this morning too - we both slept in, then feed and a book for Jenna - she loves Dr Suess!! then I did the washing, and I went for a swim. I was really happy cause I thought I was going to have to take it shlowly, but I jumped in and swam 1km without stopping. And in pretty reasonable time too. So feeling pretty good about my fitness levels, but I still have to get rid of these love handles.....

Tanya - I bet petrol prices are even worse up were you are. Thankfully we are only using one car now, but even then, we spend about $50 a week in petrol. I have to go to netball 3 times a week now, so its 50km there and back. What production is Alecia doing? I hope Emily has fun at playgroup.

Trish - OK - your bro's girlfriend does sound completely loopy. What is the go there? How old is she? I hope you didn't write Ned too many times in the album. Now that his name is cameron..... Very strange! Well done on training Mark to pat Tehya back to sleep. I'm doing the same with Shane and it seems to be sinking in - albeit slowly.

Yep - had a nice time at Debs place, and the candles were nice too. The holders are really pricey, but I think the candles are a pretty good price. I found one I really want to buy for Mum for Chrissie, but shall have to see how Lara goes this week. Hopefully it will be inconditional by my birthday. Happy birthday to me!!! And Gabby is such a clever girl! Soo close to rolling back to front too!

Sarah - I hope the movie was good. There is a mummy and baby session in 2 weeks in Geelong, Shane and I are going to go, even though it is bewitched. Not sure I wanted to spend $20 going ot see it, but there you go.

Nell - great to hear Matty is getting better. I woke up with a killer throat, s I'm sure Jenna will be cranky over the next few days with the same thing.

Who have I forgotten??

The last few nights when Jenna has been on her tummy she has been pulling her legs up like she wants to crawl. Very scary. So last night Shane put his feet against her feet and she crawled about 1.5m. OMG..... Is this child close to crawling?? She is also enjoying the texture of the cats, and has started holding ears and tails when they come near. Funny thing, but luckily Lily doesn't mind. Any attention is good for her!
    Right - mothers group in an hour, better get some lucnh into me and the limping one. Can't believe I have him at home for another month!!! Hopefully I dont kill him....

Fi

Debbie Lee Guest

Fi - YAY! Welcome to the next thread! OMG @ Jenna crawling!! What a clever girl. I am gonna go to the spit the dummy session too. I don't care what movie it is - I just wanna go! We should get a stack of people to go. I am sure Angela and Bec might be interested???... Hope you don't end up killing Shane. I know I would be at my wit's end if Nobba was home for that long. It's good that the cats are great with Jenna too.

Welcome Fi!! Sounds like Jenna is growing up too fast!! They like to push off don't they, they try so hard... so cute!!

Deb, poor Gab just hanging in her JJ... lol... I couldn't believe how much Violet liked it when I first put her in. I remember when I first put Em in she would only last about five mins b4 she would start sooking and want out! Violet will jump around for ages!! Very cute!

Trish... sorry about misspelling Tehya... I do it all the time I know I do!! 8-[ It's funny cause I've checked a few times and I was sure I had it right!! Hmmm... I suppose either way you spell it is can sound the same... But that isn't the point hey! I will try not to do it again O
    You right about your bro GF... wierdo!! He has to sign the birth certificate for his name to be offically changed.... And smashing his car...?? What a mole!!

Em loved Playgroup!! Was good to see her playing with the kids... she was so tired tho, didn't want to leave and screamed when I out her in the car and screamed when I got her home...lol... oh the joys!

Tanya

Debbie Lee Guest

Awww Tanya... sounds like Em loved playgroup too much! LOL So cute that she didn't want to leave.

Gosh where to start?!

We had a BIG scare last night & almost ended up at the hospital. Zander was having a snooze on my lap last night when all of a sudden he started snorting & having problems breathing. He then started screaming & it seemed like he couldn't catch his breath for a while. In an abolute panic (me, Aaron was calm thankfully) we tried everything to calm him down & I said that's it we're going to the hospital. Aaron suggested I ring mum & see what she thought, dad answered the phone groggily (it was 10.45pm) and I said I need mum now & hung up! Mum came over & everything all calmed down, but I'm not sure what it was all about. The only thing mum came up with was his sleeping bag was a bit short (how bad am I, didn't notice #-o ) & he might have tried to stretch & hurt himself & kinda freaked a bit. Who knows, but he was ok once the sleeping bag was off. But OMG can I say it's the scariest thing ever when you think there is something wrong with your baby.

How good that Emily enjoyed Playgroup Tanya, has she been before?

Welcome aboard Fi Wow at Jenna trying to crawl!! The movie was good, kinda dumb ending though.

LOL at Gab dangling from her Jolly Jumper Deb. Zander just stands there with his legs all stiff! Yay at rolling over too!

How freaky is Grant's GF Trish!! WEIRDO!

Hey all,
    I've just updated Jenna's site with lots of new shots from NZ. I'd just like to say I think my girl's gorgeous! Its so much fun looking through the photos. Unreal that we have memories already huh?

Sarah - bummer the movie ended up silly. Jenna quite often has coughing fits, and I normally just sit her up and look at her. She starts breathing normally again after about 10 seconds I suppose, but she's pretty used to it now with Mum's milking boobies (very fast letdown...) so doesn't cry too much anymore. How scary for you guys though, glad he's OK.

Tanya - yep, I think all our babies are growing up fast!! People tell me she has strong legs, but I have nothing to go on given she is my first. Hopefully no real crawling for a few months yet. Yay that Emily loved playgroup!

Mother's group was alright, I think my MCHN is an idiot though.

Right - she's waking up, and very cranky. better go and feed her.
    Fi

Thank you so much Shannon, good to know there was a reason behind it!

LOL at thinking the MCHN is an idiot Fi, what happened?

Hi all,
    Sarah: I know how you feel, we ended up in casuality after a similar problem, lucky for me the well educated cleaner informed me that she was healthy looking, as I was sobbing into my tissues. lol
    Trish: Glad to hear Tehya's sleeping has improved. Poor Ned - Cameron, guee hope he hasn't had an identity crisis already.
    Deb: Your clever girl rolling about, I am in for the pic's anytime.
    Fi: Jenna is soooo clever, lol at your mchn she must be related to mine.
    We had our 4 month check up today...we put on 1.2 kilo since last visit. For a painful child to drink she is in the 75% for weight and 95% height, so thankfully she doesn't consume the 200mls she should.lol
    Had Nick home on a RDO......deep breathes I am going to kill him. (just kidding). Why does it have to rain and we all be inside together.
    Bettcha it is sunny tomorrow when we are back to normal.
    Bec

Fi... Jenna is sooo cute!! I didn't relise she was so cubby...

Bec I just noticed Eliza is now $mo... congrats to you!!

Tanya

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast