Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Months - 6 Months, September '05

Hey guys,

Happy fathers day to all the BB daddies!

Shane had a nice day. he used to have a special king sized towel that his mum gave him before he died, and it was one of the only things he got after his ex kicked him out (she gave away pretty much all of his clothes to the salvos.....) and a couple of months ago Lily chewed it (the cat) and then it got used in the renovations. Anyway - I gave him a set of king sized towels, He was very happy.

Sarah - think positive thoughts on the reflux. Its only going to get better from here on in. Right? I hope the art gallery was OK. We did exactly what you wanted to do today - we got out Sahara, which I have to say was pretty cool. Jenna was buggered and just wanted to sleep alllllll day!

Deb - walkies on Wednesday - ummmmmm. Not sure yet. Shane has a Drs appt in the morning, (which is why I was going to visit Bec) and I have my netball umpiring test that night. Not sure we can do a big walk, BUT if Becs up to it, why dont you come over here, and we can walk to her place? And the All blacks won. YAY! Go Doug Howlett. Bit of a spunk...

Angel - that laugh sounds gorgeous. Dont you just love the way they totally get into it? I would have trouble not laughing at Kynan if he cried when I sneeze. I guess cause I live with a rowdy Shane, Jenna has got used to noisy people.

Welcome Jo and Erykah! Nnice to see ya here!

Dee- I hope you had an OK day. Must have been tough. Maybe you are premenstrual as well? I must do some reading about AF and fertility. What are the chances anyway? And dont write Mark off. I was really surprised with Shane's brother today. he held Jenna all through breakfast, and coped really well with her. And I thought he was pretty useless with babies.

Shannon - hopefully Jess comes right for you tonight!

OK - off to check everywhere else and then back to telly. We had crayfish for dinner tonight! YUM! The little WA ones were only $13 each at the supermarket, so I treated Shane to one.

Fi

Fi,
    Your more than welcome on Wed...I do however have to go to one of Jo's party thinggys at 1pm.
    Bec
    Will post later I'm late again...lol

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec - I was just about to say the same thing. We have Jo's party thingy on Wednesday. I may not even be able to make that now because a friend of mine wanted to practice doing acrylic nails on someone. I asked my sisters and one of them wants them done (I figure they would be wasted on me - plus, my nails took forever to recover from the last time I had them done!). So, of course, I have to go with my sis. Might try and make it in the morning so I can still make it to Jo's.

Fi - sounds like you guys had a great day yesterday. Awww... how nice of you to buy Shane some king sized towels.

Had an ok time at Dad's place last night. However, they have now decided that it's ok to smoke in the same room as Gabby ](*,) . They just lit up without even thinking. And they wonder why we hardly go over there! I didn't bother saying anything - I have asked them not to several times and I hate being put in the position where I have to ask them to not smoke around her. My sister tried to lead by example and went outside. The message didn't get through. I put Gabby to sleep in her pram and wheeled it into my step-brother's living room because I know they don't smoke in there. I swear, the smoke made Gabby's snotty nose 1000 times worse. I have to air out the pram and wash all the blankets and clothes that we wore there because they stink.

Thank you girls for the hugs, I needed them yesterday or perhaps I should say Mark and I both needed them.

Deb - Mark was very quiet yesterday, like Neil he also didn`t want to go to the cemetery so like you I didn`t push the point. I think we were both living off each others emotions yesterday. Why don`t they get the message that smoking isn`t good around babies, they should understand and respect your wishes grrrrrrr, hope you get the smell out of Gabby`s pram ok. Talking about smoking Mark`s thinking of putting in a complaint into our local shopping centre, right outside the doors the trolley boys hang around, just young kids and all you can smell is smoke and you have to walk past them, it happens every time we go there, once I even saw a young girl hanging around with them with a newborn baby in the pram, I was disgusted as I`m sure others would have been too.

Fi - Mark will look after Matthew for short periods if he`s upset but not for any lengthy periods and if I went shopping it would be a lengthy period as I have to travel 30 minutes to get there. In saying this Mark was fantastic in the early days in hospital getting Matthew calmed when I wasn`t able to get up and down to him. AF isn`t due until next week but I suppose I could be a bit premenstrual. Yummy crayfish, something I haven`t had for a long time.

Angel - Aren`t the laughs just beautiful when they are continual. Matthew laughs when I`m undressing him and he loves being tickled, we knew from birth that he was a tickly little boy but now he laughs and laughs while being tickled, it`s gorgeous

Welcome Jo and Erykah

Matthew woke just before the alarm went off at 2.30 this morning, he wasn`t crying but talking to himself LOL so I woke up to a talking boy. Getting some drizzle here today and yesterday, we haven`t seen any rain for so long so it`s nice but not enough.

Take Care

Deeanne

Well I know I've said it before, but I'm certain now - Aaron & Zander are in cahoots with eachother!! As you all know I'm working Fridays & Saturdays so Aaron has to get up on Friday nights if Zander wakes - HE SLEPT THROUGH!!!!! Cheeky baby.

Awww Dee, sorry to hear Father's Day was a bust yesterday. Also sorry I didn't think of FIL not being there for Mark It's horrible walking out of shopping centres into the cloud of smoke from the workers isn't it. It's pretty yucky here as well weatherwise, it's supposed to be spring :-s

How rude of you dad & stepmum smoking in front of Gabby, I would have been so cranky with them too. Ick at having to clean everything when you got home & at poor Gab having an extra snotty nose afterwards, that's so not fair to her.

What a good idea for a present for Shane Fi I've never actually had crayfish before, I'm a big lobster & crab fan so I'd expect I'd like crayfish too!

How cute on the laugh Angel. Zander does more of a HA & a squeal thing, he's not really a giggler just yet.

Welcome Jo & Erykah!

Lunch was ok yesterday. The art gallery is just a sore point with my side of the family at the moment - they upgraded it using taxpayers money & it was such a waste. We really aren't an area that is into that sort of thing & the money could have been used on much better things - like footpaths in my suburb cos atm it's impossible to go for walks with a pram.

Anyway, I keep forgetting to tell you guys that Zander has found his tongue last Monday. He's so funny, sticking it out all the time & now he copies when you do it to him! My mum plays with him & laughs about it, MIL told him it was naughty yesterday :roll:

Debbie Lee Guest

Urrgh... fancy your MIL trying to teach Zander "manners" so early, Sarah. Honestly! Sooooo cute that he has found his tongue!! Gabby looks at me like when I poke out my tongue and you can see that she is trying to figure out how to do it too but she just ends up smiling. LOL @ Aaron and Zander being in cahoots. Very funny!

Dee - I guess it's a bit hard to be frustrated with a baby that wakes at 2:30am when he is being so darn cute, hey?? Here's hoping you guys get some more rain soon.

LOL... the dog is asleep on her side in the garden with her paws up against the fence. She's a dag!

Fi, sounds like Shane had a great Father's Day! Mmm @ the crayfish!

Deb, arrgh @ them smoking in the same room as Gabby even when you've asked them before not to! It's so inconsiderate of them!

Dee, aww how cute that Matthew is so ticklish! When we tickle Kynan I think he only laughs cos we're laughing at him LOL. Hope you get a bit more rain soon. We've had heaps of rain down here lately and it's fantastic to see all the dams & tanks full again.

Sarah, LOL @ Aaron & Zander being in cahoots with each other. Oh well,at least he slept through hey LOL. Hopefully he'll keep doing it! How adorable that Zander is poking his tongue out. It's so funny isn't it. DH taught Kynan to do it not long after he was born & when he had his 2m needles he even poked his tongue out at the GP LOL.

In the last week or so Kynan's discovered that he can make really big splashes by kicking in the bath. He does it all the time now and loves getting water everywhere LOL.

Oh... DH changed his 3rd nappy ever yesterday!! I told him that he should do it more often and he said he couldn't be bothered as it was too much hassle LOL :roll:

It's fine for DH to not be bothered, but can you imagine if you weren't bothered either Angel??? Its funny Zander poked his tongue out ages ago, but has only just remembered it again! Splashes are so cute arent they?! Just wait until they're in the bath alone in a few years - we'll be going in saying "Stop splashing & making sch a big mess" LOL

LOL at Lucy, you should get a photo Deb - might make a good scrapbook page

Debbie Lee Guest

It's funny you say that, Sarah. I grabbed the camera, lined up the shot and the fricken batteries went dead :roll: Always the way!!

Angel - LOL @ your DH not being bothered by nappies - the poor soul!! Though Neil has changed more than 3, he doesn't do it very often. It took a while to get him to a point where he would at least have a go. And OMG if it happens to be a stinky one! Anyone would think that Gabby's poo is the most disgusting thing on the planet. Well... it's not exactly pleasant but ykwim?

Well I must be lucky, cause Shane changes them all the time. Of course I had to get special daddy proof nappies so he could do it, but all the same, I get a bit of a break! Often I just hand her to him to get the pants off, and then I come and do the rest. I need the extra incentive to get off the chair!

My god - I walked 6.5km today!!! I am puckerood, and have just found out I have to play netball tonight at 6:30. Man O Man!

Sarah - LOL at Zander sleeping through. Jenna slept through last night, and I swear I just end up with really sore boobies. I wish she would get some consistency happening.

Bec/Deb - I forgot about Jo's party, so it looks liek WSednesday is out too!! we have to get better organised. Have you guys done anything about swimming lessons? We booked in for Leopold next term, starts Oct 3rd I think? Hopefully I will be in a group with Jo and another mum from mothers group.

Better get moving - I have 40mins to get out the door!

Fi

Morning all

Well Erykah has a routine but I hate it!! She goes down at 8pm and then wakes for a feed at 11pm. Then she stays awake grizzly until 1am. No matter what I do she will not settle until after 1. She then wakes at 2am for a feed. Straight back down. Then wakes between 5 and 6 for a feed and is up wide awake at 8am.

She is only sleeping for a few hours during the day and I am getting more and more tired the longer this routine goes on. Its been a week so far. I was gettin her to sleep for 7-8hrs in the night but now the longest she is sleeping is 3hours!!!!!

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The MCHN says it is normal and I found her sarcy comment isn't mum getting any sleep extremely annoying!!!

Her answer was to sleep during the day. All well and good if your baby sleeps for more than 1 hour in the day. I have the washing and tea to prepare.

Well it is my first night alone with Erykah since she was born. My hubby is working away in Albury overnight. I am sure we will be fine. At least when she is grouchy I can bring her into the bedroom with me and not worry about waking him up.

This routine is the tale end of her 12wk growth spurt. Any ideas how to change her routine??? If I don't give in and feed her when she wakes she screams the place down.

She is getting 11 feeds in 24hours which I would say is too many and she now feeds off both sides. I do not have a supply problem as she possets milk after a feed so is getting more than enough.

Best go she is calling. I plan on tiring her out with play today.

Oh and she rolled from front to back for the first time yesterday. She just layed there and laughed. Cute!

Jo

Debbie Lee Guest

Jo - you poor thing! You must be going out of your mind. Can I just reassure you that it will end. Gabby went through a very similar thing. She was feeding sooooo much it was ridiculous. The best thing I did was feed her 3 hourly from the start of each feed. She eventually got the idea. Slowly, but surely, she started sleeping through the day. I would feed her first thing, and put her to bed after an hour from waking up. Even if she only slept 20 minutes, she got that whole feed, play, sleep thing going on. She now stays awake for 2 hours but it's straight back in bed as soon as she shows any tired signs (frowning, rubbing her eyes - or my favourite - sucking my face LOL). Stick to your guns and it will fall into place eventually. It doesn't really hold much consolation when you are feeling so tired but there is an end in sight. As for the MCHN telling you to sleep when she sleeps - I always found that impossible to do too. It would take me a good 20 minutes to drift off and Gabby would generally only sleep for another 20 minutes. I felt worse after that than I was to begin with!

Shannon - omg @ trying to do an assignment!! That would be too much for my brain to handle atm and I only have one kid to contend with! Any wonder your head hurts. Urrgh @ the house being so cold at 5am. Yay for all the cousins getting together. LOL @ visiting Divvy every day to wear Jess out.

Fi - haven't organised swimming lessons yet. I want Neil to take her because no one needs to see me in bathers I should get my butt into gear hey? Good on you for such a huge walk!! We do need to get organised. It just seems like all of my free days are your busy days and vice versa. I wannna see your ring!!!!! (the pretty one on your finger... not the other one, LOL).

Not much happening for me today. I have to take a whole bunch of stuff to the post office for Neil. He doesn't have time to get in there so it means that I have to figure out how all his stuff has to be sent. I have to wait for my sister, Lauren, to get here to help me because it's a huge box of catalogues. I bet I end up looking like a tool because I don't know what I am doing. It's usually the case when I run errands for him! :roll:

Deb, LOL @ your camera batteries dying at the crucial moment. That's happened to me heaps of times too and by the time I've changed the batteries it's too late LOL. GL @ the post office!

Fi, wow @ walking 6.5km! Hope you managed to get through netball okay last night! LOL @ having to get special daddy proof nappies. We have flats & fitteds and they're both too hard for my DH to put on (I even fold the flats beforehand so they're no harder than a disposable to put on - he'd just have to snappi them on).

Shannon, we do a deep bath and I hop in with Kynan. Much easier on my back that way! Afterwards I hand him to DH who keeps an eye on him while I get dried & dressed. Good luck with your assignment!

Jo, OMG @ 11 feeds in 24 hours! You must be exhausted! Woohoo on Erykah rolling though! Sounds like she was thoroughly pleased with herself LOL.

Kynan was so restless last night. It took ages to get him to sleep and then he woke up again around 9pm and needed to be resettled. First time in about a month that he's needed resettling at night!

I can hear him gurgling away to himself in his cot atm LOL. Cheeky little thing.... he should be sleeping LOL.

Jo - Sorry I have no advice what so ever, Matthew`s been waking again for the last 4 weeks and I loose count how many times I feed him in a 24 hour period. I hope you have a good night tonight.

Shannon - Good Luck with your assignment, I`m not sure how your doing it, I couldn`t possible I can`t even function properly without a good night sleep. Sounds like you`ve got a great weekend coming up.

Angel - Unfortunately our rain has all gone, that`s great that all your dams and tanks are full, our dams haven`t been full for years and we have to buy water in every 3 weeks for our tank. Does Kynan tire himself out after a bath, Matthew gets so tired splashing that he nearly goes to sleep in the bath, Matthew is in the big bath now but it`s not very comfortable for Mummy and her back, I`ve thought about getting a bath seat but he loves lying on his back splashing. And I thought Mark didn`t change too many nappies, he`s done more then 3 though.

Deb - I`m sure between you and Lauren you will know what your doing with the catalogues.

Matthew was a very grizzly boy yesterday and didn`t want to sleep, everyone`s wondering if he may have some teething symptoms - grizzly, 3 pooey nappies a day when he`d normally go 2 days or more before I get 1 and he has a couple of white spots on his bottom gum and yesterday he was grinding his bttom gum, I was hoping he`d sleep all night, not the case - up at 1.30am, 5.30am, 8am plus I also got woken at 2.30 when Mark left and when he came back at 5 (he woke me up to move over so he could get into bed), so I`m feeling rather tired, I`m hoping for the night he`s going to sleep through again. Sarah I`m not sure how you can keep going with getting up a number of times each night plus going to work.

Take Care

Deeanne

Dee - Hope you get a better nights sleep tonight. IKWYM about the nappies Alex has been 3times in 2hrs and he had not been for a couple of days.

Angel - Maybe Kynan is going through one of those "wonder weeks".

Jo - So sorry to hear you are having a rough time at the moment i really hope this start to get better for you soon.

Shannon - Hope you are able to have a better night also.

I always get Paul to change nappies when he is home. I kept telling Kimberley and Alex to save the worst ones for when he does them.
    Alex took the babyrice really well on Saturday it helped him sleep for 3hrs but not very well that night because of his cough. It is slowly going now so he is sleeping better again. I have not given him anymore babyrice since then i am going to give him little bits each week until i mayself are happy about doing it. I know i shouldn't stress about it but that's just me at the moment one big stress head.
    DH finally let me buy a double jogger pram so now we can get out and about walking more. I took it out for the first time today and it was great took no time at all to walk to the shops and even Kimberley wanted to sit in it. Only 2 more days and Alex is having his kidney ultrasound we will know if he is ok or not i can't wait to find out it has been a long 3months wait.

Big hugs to everyone

Debbie Lee Guest

Michelle - it's fantastic that you were able to get out and about with your new pram. That's gotta make things a lot easier for you. It's great that Kimberley wanted to sit in it. I know it can get difficult to get toddlers and young kids to sit in prams because they usually prefer to walk. My fingers and toes are crossed that Alex's kidneys are a-ok. Sounds like a plan with the baby rice. Just a little bit here and there for the practice. That's what I am doing with Gabby. It's really just practicing to use the spoon etc. before I offer her "real" food.

Dee - urrgh @ all the wake ups. It's one thing when the baby wakes you up but isn't it SUCH a waste when other things wake you up? I got up to yell at the dog twice last night. She has such a big, booming bark and, I swear, it sounds like she is right in the room with you when she goes nuts. The neighbours must love the sound of me sticking my head outside screaming "Lucy.... SHUT UP AND GO TO SLEEP!!!" It certainly sounds like Matthew might be teething. I have been wondering about that with Gabby too because every nappy had some poo in it yesterday. She normally poos every second day. My MCHN said with teething, it's hard because it's not until the teeth pop up that you figure out what the symptoms were for that particular child. It feels like that with everything!

Angel - hope Kynan slept ok last night.

Trish - I hope things are going well with you!

Tanya - you too... where are you hiding??

I have a full-on day today. Somehow I managed to over-book myself. I have to go out to Lara (which is waaayyyy out the other side of town) with my sister, then back across town to Newcomb for a book party, then back home where I am meant to be going for a walk then I have to go back out to Newcomb to my SS birthday dinner tonight. Not sure it's all going to happen! I think I may have to cancel a couple of things or else Gabby is going to be a right-royal little turd by the end of the day.

Dee - How did Matthew go last night ??

Deb - You do have a busy day today have a lovely time. Thank you for keeping your fingers and toes for tomorrow.

Well i did not get much sleep last night not so much Alex but Kimberley. One seems to sleep well and the other one doesn't. Alex went to bed at 6.30pm woke at 9.30pm and slept until 4.45am and then he did not want to go back to sleep that is the second morning he has wanted to be awake at that time. I have tried just leaving him in his room but after an hour he is crying. I made DH get him up again and he was happy playing and then just when DH did a bottle of milk for him he fell asleep at 7am. Alex is now awake again after an hours sleep i don't think he wanted to miss watching ABC kids.

Hi all

Well I think Erykah heard my prayers.

She went down at 5:50pm and woke at 9:15 for a feed. Then up at 12:15 for a feed but straight back down after both feeds. Next thing she is waking at 6:50am.

I went to bed at 7pm and woke at 7 am though I was wide awake between 3 and 5am.

She then stayed up for 2 hours this morning before going back to sleep herself in her cot. Bless her. Hopefully we have turned a corner.

Gotta dash as going out to a friends for lunch

Jo

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast