Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months to 12 Months, December '04

We've had the roll of bed episode happen too. Andrew brought Lachlan into me one morning and I fell back to sleep. Next thing *thud* and the screaming started.

Lachlan is getting a bit frustrated at the moment, cause I gave him his bottle and didn't prop it up with anything. I know he can hold it himself he is just too lazy LOL, so atm if he wants anything out of it he will have to figure it out himself. He has drunk some of it so he is doing too badly. Kam was well and truly holding a bottle by lachlan's age.

Love

katanya Guest

Kathryn love your new avatar, with the little crawling Lachie..might have to finally join up so I can get one again

Aww thanks Katanya. Thought it was time for an update, since Kameron probably comes up to where he does in my av, when standing next to me IRL

Love

katanya Guest

well I had some good news today, I decided to get Felix weighed today because it would save time tomorrow for the paed and he's gained 110 grams in a week..a fantastic effort! I hope he just turns himself around from now on..obviously this whole breathing thing still needs to be look at, but terribly pleased his weight is on the rise again as he hasn't even been eating much solids this week..

I feel like all I do is whinge and complain about Felix's health, coming in here and writing it makes me feel better, because telling my mothers group everyweek my concerns makes me feel frustrated because I think they all think I'm just refusing to give up breastfeeding when it's not working for us, which is not the case at all.. anyhow thank-you all for your support, for just listening and not making me feel like I am failing Felix. I know everyone of us has had issues at some time or other, but it really helps to be able to write what is happening and get support not judgement.

katanya IKWYM... I felt when I was PG that all I did was whinge to you girls (as most of you are here..lol) but it is fantastic the support & just knowing that we are going through this stuff together & have support from each other & a place to release all that junk we carry around! Thats why I love BB!!!! don't worry...we all get a chance to unload here

Katanya that is absolutely wonderful about Felix's weight gain this week!! \/
    And don't worry... I dont think anyone sees it as whingeing and complaining... like Christy said, BB is a great place for unloading all of those worries etc.
    I sure know I feel a bit 'lighter' after posting all of my days happenings etc...
    Good luck tomorrow at the paed. Will be thinking of you!!!

Oh well, I am glad to hear that rolling off the bed is more common than I thought... I felt like a terrible mother for letting it happen!! I checked him all over today and he doesnt have one bruise, so thankgoodness for that pillow... he would have kicked it off first and then landed on it... hows that for luck, considering we have tiles floors!!! (eeek!)

At least you can get Lachlan to hold his own bottle at all, Kat!! If we let Aidyn hold his own bottle he just chews on the teat and plays with it, and never drink from it!! #-o

I am off to the shops tonight for some late night Christmas shopping with my sister.. YAY!!! I am picking up a Jolly Jumper for my nephew, and a Bunnings voucher for DP!!

Katanya

Isn't it just great to have a place where we can have a winge and not be judged!! Moreso, it makes us feel better and often get some useful tips.

Good boy Felix for gaining weight!

Liam was whingy all afternoon yesterday and got a fever last night. He has a flu thing that we all have and conjunctivitis to top it off poor mite! He won't let me touch his eyes which are all gunky and still managed to wake up at 4.20am after waking me up a few times last night! Couple that with Cairenn wanting to come into our bed and crying because I wouldn't let her, and DH and I both hacking our heads off most the night..... [-(

Not a happy camper am I........

Oh well, hopefully he's on the mend and it won't be 43 degrees tomorrow [-o<

Speak to you all again soon......

seeya

ps - MAN I hate the cricket........ #-o

Got Lachlan weighed tonight at the chemist. 8.72kg approx. He kept kicking his leg to make it go up and down, but that was what it was hovering around when he did stay still for 5 secs

Love

katanya Guest

I actually wrote a post before dinner..but then I lost it so here I go again

I was going to say, the support here at Belly Belly is why i keep coming back, because it is a place where you can feel like your littlest worries aren't so little, there will always be someone to read your thought and give you back some fedback, even if they can't solve your problems, some usually comes and lets you know your not alone..when I was first pregnant I belonged to a yahoo group and they got quite competetive and funny about certain things, I ended up leaving because I didn't feel contected to them. Belly Belly is never like that I have always seen positivity in all ares of the forums.

Christy I never remember you whinging any more than the rest of us, I DO remember being depressed myself though! Like you said we all have our days, I just feel like I have been going on about Felix's weight for ages, and you guys still give me postive stuff back about it..

Ambah so gald your little guy hasn't got any bruises, those tiles sound painful 8-[ but thank god for that pillow!! I definitely can relate to the lightening the load of writing in here..thank god for BB, i do have some empathatic friends too, but some days I need all the help I can get!

Kelli hope little Liam is feeling better, don't you hate when you need to sleep the most, things seem to get in the way..hope things settle down for you tonight!

WOW at Lachlan's weight gain! 8.7 that's great Kathryn, Felix was doing a bum dance on the scales today too..it's too funny!

I have tried something new today because Felix is off food AGAIN! I am feeding him in a social context eg when I am eating or with other people eating, tonight fed him his afternoon veges at our dinner time and he actually chewed and ate a whole tablespoon of sweet potatoe..previously spat it out at me!! Sigh at least I know it's not the veges responsible for the weight gain as he's hardly had any!

I am supposed to be in this forum from Saturday but I do not know when I will get a chance to post. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a safe, happy & healthy 2005.

I am sure that my time in these forums is coming to an end. I honestly feel like an alien at times ... nothing against any of you ladies ... it is more about the way I feel about myself. I do hope your children continue to be a great source of love, joy and pride for you all. I pray that they wake healthy and happy each day and that they grow up with wisdom and courage.

Cheers

katanya Guest

Kelly that is great we get you here ! but I hope you do continue to post, I have missed those Mum's who's babies are only a month younger than Felix including yourself! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Awww Kelly. I hope we don't loose you totally, you have been a good support to all the new mums, and will be dearly missed if you do leave us

Love

Ah Kelly I know its hard sometimes, and sometimes I don't feel like posting but I enjoy reading...so hopefully you will when you feel like it. I will especially miss having someone around whose baby is so close to Matilda!!

Well...we are here now & guess what we did first thing this morning??!! We had a ritual steriliser throw away! LOL!!! It was so much fun! & I made up Matilda's bottles without sterilising them!!! I felt so naughty!

LMAO Christy. You go girl !!! I caught Lachlan with his hand in a pile of dirt I had just swept up this morning so if i was still sterialising they would have been gone today too.

Lachlan was also trying to figure out how to get outside today. After looking and thinking about it for 15mins he decided to give up. THANKGOD. I still remember Kameron throwing himself out of that door when he was only crawling.

Love

SCARY!! Wow....*note to self - put better lock on fly screen door*

LOL what reminded me of the steriliser this morning was Matilda had a dog toy that the dog so graciously put into the play pen for her & was sucking on it... :feelsick: and then I felt so bad for not noticing the toy until it was in her mouth! bleck.... oh well... builds the immune system... 8-[

LMAO @ the dog toy. Share and share alike.

We have two sliding doors to the back yard. One goes off the laundry and is permanently locked till we cement down that side of the house and the other goes off our family room onto the patio. That one is constantly open (cept of a night and when we go out) so the dog can come and go as she pleases. That is where he was trying to get out of. Doubt it will take him long if he sees Kam doing something interesting outside.

Love

=D> YAY LIAM!!! =D>

He slept in (ie woke at 5.30!) so I actually got a few hours in a row of sleep. MAN I feel better for it!!

Had to take him to the doctor yesterday afternoon - he has horrible conjunctivitis (again) and is on Chlorsig Drops, Chlorsig Ointment and oral antibiotics! He also had a fever for 24 hours that wasn't going down and he was sooooooo hot!! I was giving him panadol every 4 hours and you well and truly knew when the 4 hours was nearly up!!

Didn't help that it was 43 degrees (ambient temp, not his temp lol!!) - anyway, he is MUCH better this morning and the fever is gone.

Kelly - hope to see you around. There can never be too many Kelly's around!!

Kathryn, Liam has worked out how to let the dog inside and himself outside. Just grizzles at the door till Cairenn unlocks it then he just slides it open. #-o

Oh, and if Liam's immune system is not really really developed, I'll be amazed. He eats anything and most loves to chew on shopping trolleys and swing chain at the park 8-[

Gotta go - being paged by the boy.

Seeya

Urgh... Aidyn is constipated again... and nothing is working!! I gave him a whole 100ml bottle of brown sugar in water yesterday, and still no poos! So I gave him more this morning, plus a meal of pears, and still nothing!! He has been intermittently straining all morning, but nothing is coming out

Welcome Christy and Kelly!!! Its great to see you girls here!! Just like old times huh?? LOL
    I hope to still see you around Kelly!! I've been looking forward to catching up more with you (and Christy) now that you girls have made it in to here!! The 1-6months is SO busy, I just dont have enough time to keep track of everyone!

I'm thinking about changing Aidyns routine a bit... for the past few nights he has been playing silly buggers at bedtime, which is supposed to be 7pm, yet he will not go to sleep until 9 (even thought he is soooo delerious & tired!) And as a result of the late bedtime he has not woken up before 7am each morning, which has been BRILLIANT and is making me feel so much more human. So I am going to now cut out his 11pm dreamfeed, and just feed him between 8&9pm and put him straight in his cot. I hope cutting out the late feed wont make him wake up earlier though... :-k hmmm.. will just have to trial & see..

Oh Kelli I hope Liam is feeling better soon!! I dont know HOW you are managing to deal with 43degree temps... especially when you are pg!! I remember last year every time it hit over 32 I was a whinging mess! LOL

I have decided to pack the steriliser away on Jan 1st... I think I will enjoy starting off the new year with more time on my hands, YAY!!

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast