Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 6 months - 9 months, April '05

Hey Spiddles! I've been back at work for 3 weeks. I am only working tuesdays and thursdays, 8:30-1:00. I am enjoying it. I am abit funny about who looks after Alana, so at this stage its only my mum. And since she works every other day but those, thats when I work. I don't think I would want to work anymore than that anyway. But the extra money sure has come in handy.

Congratulations on the weight loss. Its hard. I have been going to WW for the last 6 months. I weighed in today and have now lost 21kgs. I have only got 9kgs to go. I put on 30kgs with Alana!

Anyway I have to go. Alana needs her bath and physio.

Lara- well done on 21kgs, that is terrific esp in 6 mths. Is that the WW points diet? My parents were on that for awhile and they lost heaps, don't know why they stopped. My Dad now has diabetes and he has been walking and doing other exercise and so far has lost about 10kgs in 2 months so that is pretty amazing. What exercise are you doing? I don't need to complain about my weight I am happy as I only have about 1kg to lose to be at my happy place, but with the gastric problems I have I did'nt reall eat much, I did eat but tried to not have fatty stuff etc cos that made theings worse, and the fact that with 4 kids I get up at 7.30 and go until bedtime, this time the weight just fell off, and I am bck in sz 8's which I hadn't been for 4 yrs.

Went to the party in the park yesterday, it was ok, not too exciting, kids played with animals in farm thing and had a ride on mini cars. We had a bday/housewarming last night and you wouldn't believe this woman, my gf's fathers partner, has a 7yr old and they let her drink alcohol. She was going on about how at 2 she would skull sambuca shots, and at 6 had 2 cans of beer in an hr and wasn't ****ed, how she is only allowwed to drink on special occasions and how she loves her bourbon, then she let her drink some alcohol. How in the hell can some people be parents? She is such a deadbeat loser and I was disgusted. I said nothing though cos she was pretty feral looking and no way was I risking a punch in the mouth. My gf went outside but the little girl wasn't drinking so she said nothing. The kid will be an alcoholic by the time she's 12. GRRRR!

We ahd about 6 hrs sleep and went to Auskick. Josh had fun but he was so tired, so next week bed will be early, but that's what happens when you have a party the night before.

About to go to a wall buddies party, so better move along.

Michelle

Kellee Guest

Hey gals,

Oh my god, Mitch... I can't believe that mother! It really makes me mad that there are thousands of people who are desparate to have children but can't, and then there are people like that who have children but don't look after them properly. How did you manage to keep your cool? I would have snapped, I think. I actually think that someone should call the authorities (whoever they are) because not only is it illegal but it's detrimental to the little girl's way of life. Disgusting. BTW, what's a wall buddies party?

Iris - congrats on the weight loss! Wow... 21kgs! Hope you reach goal soon. I will be at goal Tuesday night - figures crossed! Sounds like you're going so well - you'll be there in no time! How are you enjoying work? What kind of work do you do?

Glad you had a great birthday, Spiddles. Did you get your new clothes? What did you do to celebrate your birthday?

Went to MIL for dinner last night. Charlie did well (sleeping in the portacot) until the volume of the conversations got too loud around 8pm - DH's family just doesn't think about keeping quiet. Actually, I don't think they even know what "quiet" means! Drives me nuts, but I understand that it's easy to forget about sleeping babies when you don't live with one. So we had to go home - I suppose they'll have to learn that if they want us to stay for longer they have to learn to keep their voices down! Had a nice day today. Went out to DH's friend's place for lunch. Ate way too much! Charlie fell asleep in the pram (I thought there were going to be more tears than that) so that was lucky. Not much else to report. Going shopping tomorrow to find some shoes for Victoria (we go on Wednesday) - all I wear up here is thongs, but something tells me my toes might be a little chilly if I wear them in Cohuna! Anyway, hope you all have a lovely week and that your bubs are good to you.

- Kellee.

Michelle I can't believe that. Thats child abuse. I agree with Kellee someone should tell the authorities. I couldn't imagine a littlie being able to drink like that and it not making her sick. I don't blame you for keeping your mouth shut though. Its probably better than getting into an arguement in front of kids.

Yep the diet is the points. Its so good. I still have my naughty things, so I don't feel like I am being deprived. Both my parents are doing it too. We all go together, so we are a good support for each other. Mum has lost almost 30kgs and dad 25kgs.

Kellee I know how you feel about loud IL's. DB parents are Italian. And if you have ever had a conversation with Italians, they know one level and thats LOUD! LOL! When they are altogether my ears ring from the loudness.

I am enjoying being back at work. I take orders for a small multi level marketing company that deals in health foods.

Okay got to go and feed Alana.

Well I wasn't really impressed by that mother, but i don't know her and we were at a gf's house so I would never cause a scene and make probs for my gf. And she was pretty scary/feral looking so I didn't say anything.

Wall buddies are these things made of a sort of syrafoam looking material and they go on the walls. I have a lighthouse and crab and shrimp on my bathroom wall. Today I brought a Collingwood set for Josh's bday which has the word Magpies a football and a magpies. they stick to the wall with doublesided tape. I have had the ones in the bathroom for 6 yrs and they are great. I also ordered a cute bear holding a heart which says love and 4 seperate hearts. i am going to have my own party cos I want to get Jordan this set which sort of looks like Bratz dolls (a doll a car and some hearts) and I want to get a different bear kissing a butterfly for Jemma. Todays buy has 8 pieces for $76, so that's not bad.

Anyway i am so tired, the kids are going to bed and we are watching the alien thing and then going too. Yay! School tomorrow!

Michelle

Hi girls just popping int o say hope you all are having a lovely day, the weather was lovely today.

Hope you got some shoes kellee, and enjoy your trip, won't be too bad down here. COuldn't believe the leaves everywhere I had forgotton it was actually autumn as we have had some really hot days.

Nothing much happening here, except I have a sore back and so am boycotting housework for the rest of the day although I will still have to fold the wasj=hing but you can't get out of everything, oh and we are having a roast beef, YUM! Anyone want some? LOL

See ya
    Michelle

Hey girls
    Hope everyone is well, thought I'd pop into say hi, my back is killing me and I'm gonna go to bed soon with the heat pack, I should have made the back appt like I was sposed to Grrr at me!

Watched the super nanny show tonight and thought it was good, common sense stuff some of it but so true to the fact that we get into little habits (bad ones) and then don't know how to stop them. Something may work in my house, so I better watch it agasin.

Hope you are all well.
    Cheers Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

michelle - we love the super nanny in this house lol - i even say to jay if he is misbehaving that i may need to ring the super nanny and bang he stops being naughty lol - bit like the months leading up to christmas with santa is watching etc. i think in a subtle way it teaches my dh some good parenting skills etc - i am a big believer at getting down to your childs level and speaking to them firmly eye to eye not just standing over them like a giant and yelling at them. my dh has absoultely no parenting skills lol comes back from his stupid mum i guess (hmm 5 kids 3 different fathers you can imagine what she is like) anyway i suppose he turned out all right - any wonder he has a drinking problem tho - his mum is exactly the same ****ed after 5pm everyday - loves the old el cheapo cask wine (i think she has something like 1/2 cask every day) hate it if she rings after 5pm slurring her words and talking utter crap.

jay is glad to be back at kinder - why is it that on school holidays lani sleeps till 7.30 whereas both kinder mornings so far we have had 5 or 6am when i could have needed that extra 1hr before the rush of the morning - oh well go with the flow.

had a great day yesterday - did 3 loads washing and ironing, washed floors and vacummed, cleaned both bathrooms and loos and even cooked a yummy curry from scratch and a casserole for lani (which she gobbled up =D> ) gotta love it when they eat their dinner you lovingly make for them lol. it was so easy just some lamb diced up, a cut up carrot, potato and celery then covered with water put the lid on and le it slowly cook for 1 1/2 hrs - i pureed it and it looked gross like pale poo lol but she ate it, next time i make it i will just smash it with the potato masher.

must go lani is having a lovely time chewing on jays footy boots and he hasn't seen her with them yet, if he does i think all hell will break loose and there maybe tears lol.

see yas

We love Super Nanny in our house too. DH watches it really intently which is funny because he refuses to read any baby books. When we were discussing discipline a few months ago he said that he thought the time out concept sounded useless but now he really likes the naughty spot idea :roll: . I geuss that we'll have to use the 'naughty spot' and drop the 'time out' .
    Only another couple of weeks and me and Yasin will be in here. I can't believe how fast he's growing!!! He's on solids now and does the smelliest (& loud!!) farts. I can't believe my little baby can make such a smell. People give us funny looks at the shops.

Yes Dasch, looks like your smelly little man is doing just what all the other bubs here are doing, and it's definitely not listening to the mummies who want them to stay little LOL.

Jessica has the worst poo now that she is on the vegies.

How did Auskick go Michelle? Joshua really liked it but Arron liked it just as much, he put his hand up for a group and I knew he would.LOL

As for Lani's sleeping, she is a girl, she can change her sleep patterns to suit herself whenever she likes...LOL

My kdis are back at school and things are sort of starting to feel normal around my place.

Michelle

mooshie Guest

hey there

quick post before all saints starts lol

dachlostar - soon you and yasin will be joining us - how quick does it go, you never know you may join us and have number 2 cooking at the same time - i have a feeling you will conceive rather quickly.

michelle - jay starts auskick this saturday so should be good, and paul has put his name down to help - so that would be fantastic to get him interested in something at least.

glad kids are back into it lol

have a good day tommorrow girls

HI girls,

Just wanted to let the VICtorian girls here that we are having a get together on the 5th May, check it out in the member meetups, we are having lunch, yummy, would love to see some of you too, Lara and Michelle! And anyone else I missed.

I am excited about it.

Anyway gotta go, should be sitting with Arron not surfing the bb forums LOL

oh and my baby is in her cot in her own room and I am very sad. This is her first night in there so we will see how she goes. I miss her already! sob, sob, I don't wanther to leave!

Cheers MIchelle

Michelle I would love to come and meet everyone (trust me I can do with meeting some new people), but I work on Thursdays.

Isn't it funny, I was relieved when Alana went into her cot in her room (i hope that doesn't make me sound mean). I was stressing so much about her not wanting to sleep in her room if I had her in our room for to long, that by about 7 weeks she went in there. Of course no problems!

spiddles Guest

Just popping in to say hi!! Will catch up with you all again shortly!! Has been hetic again!! Yesterday was OMG day!! I was named consultant of the month for march and I also became a job master (which I am the 9th in 3 years in my department out of like 150 staff...must have moved higher up in the company after becoming one!!) Donno how I managed it but I must have meeted all the criteria to get it!! and that was marked on the work after coming back from maternity leave!!! DH is now bowing down to the master *lol*

Catch up with you all soon!!

mooshie Guest

hi there guys

wtg spiddles - must feel great to get recognition like that (ohh somedays i really miss the adrenalin rush of working) maybe one day i will get there.

michelle - i noticed that meet up and thought it would be great, unfortunately jay is at kinder on thursdays and i won't be able to make it back to pick him up also it is the day before his 5th birthday and i will be running around organising his party for him and his buddies - maybe next time.

things going well today - went to a g/friends whose little girl is 6wks younger than lani - i reckon her little girl is soooo close to getting up and running i predicted she would be walking around 9mths we will see - lani is the same size as her and this little girl rolls everywehre and is rocking up on all fours lol, when we got home i had lani on the floor and she was about 1cm from rolling onto her tummy from her back.

on another note - i have discovered an interesting thing with lani and her solids - when i make her food like meat and vegies or whatever she eats it all up that night then i freeze the rest, the next nights she does not eat the food that has been reheated from the freezer into the microwave, tonight i reheated on the stove and she ate it all up again - so maybe she will be a fusspot like dh (he hates microwaved food lol) so at least i hopefully have put my finger on it. tommorrow am going to buy some baby yoghurt and try her on that for lunch we will see how she goes.

oh and yes today was not a kinder day and lani slept till 7.30 lol she wakes to early on kinder days it is a pain in the but lol.

have a good night everyone.

HI everyone-

Maybe the next time we go we can make it a Monday, what days do you work Lara, and Michelle what days are kinder?

Lara- I don't think you are mean wanting Alana in her room, I guess that having them close to me is my weakness, I have never had any trouble getting them into their own cot or room no matter how long they have been in with us. Jordan and I shared until she was 2 and a half, as we both lived at my Mum's, couldn't afford to rent anything with Arron while I was at uni and he was an apprentice, and we moved her from a cot to a bed the first night in our own rented home, no problems. Joshua was with us until 5 mths and Jemma until 7mths. They always slept in the cot in their own rooms duing the day so they were used to the room. I just so love to hear her breathing and rolling over and I guess as she is the last then it is sort of sad to know there won't be anymore bubs sleeping in my room again. *I get teary thinking about that* Where abouts in Melb are you?

Arron doesn't understand, I was really sad last night and I said "We really aren't having anymore kids are we?" And he said very happily "NO!" I just feel so sad to know that that part of my life is over and I will never carry another baby and feel them move inside me and give birth to another miracle, it makes me cry. I don't want to have another baby, as I have the 4 I have always wanted but just find it hard to cope with the change in my life, from childbearer to child rearer! Does that make sense? I guess that's why it is so good to see the cycle here on bb and all these gorgeous babies arriving. As close as I'll get until I am an aunty again or a nana, I guess.

Enoguh crying from me.

Spiddles that is terrific, and well done, it is good to see that you are rewarded for all your hard work, I bet DH thinks you are ACE!

Michelle- your Lani is so funny, first the sleeping thing and then the microwave I think you may have a little miss on your hands. And so close to rolling, bf you know it she will be doing it and you'll be wanting her not. Jessica is starting to do the clingy mummy thing. She has crawled after me all day crying and when she gets to me pulls herself up on my leg and cries to be hugged. I went to a work retirement afternoon tea today and she kept trying to get back to me whenever I gave her to someone. One girl had it worked out, she took her away and then she was fine. Must be a stage just starting, oh joy. But it is nice to be wanted.

mooshie Guest

hi again

michelle - i sort of know how you feel re no more bubs - dh is now on the definate 2 is enough line again ](*,) i packed up lani's playgym thingy tonight as she commando crawls backwards off it, and doesn't really interest her anymore and i said to him i think i will wash it and put it away for the next one - he just huffed and puffed at this and jay just ran up to him and said no daddy i need a boy baby now - lol maybe jay can convince him.

i hate the clingy stage it gets on my nerves (don't know why just does lol) gosh you can't even go to the loo for 2 secs piece without them grizzling to find you - i distinctly remember jay crawling after me pulling on my tracky dacks whilst i was vacumming, i used to end up vacumming with my pants down around my ankles lol. lani cracks it with me if she sees me get up and leave her - drives me bonkers she is ok if i go off and she doesn't see me but if she see's me she lets me know lol. she is also doing the shy thing when if i am holder her and someone comes over to talk to her and she doesn't know them she buries her head in my shoulder - very cute.

well i have bought a boost bar today that everyone is going crazy over lol i will check to see is dh is asleep and i might gobble it up and see what the fuss is about.

night all

mooshie Guest

oh sorry btw my only free day is a wednesday - although we have swimming at 11am but that goes until 11.30 - we are now so busy - everyone used to say kinder year is a shocker and i couldn't understand what the problem would be but that 3 to 31/2 hrs goes realllllllyyyy fast lol.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast