Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 months - 9 months, April '05

H Spiddles
    good to see you back again. Liam sounds well, which is great. I hope you don't feel bad about not being there all the time, Liam would just love his Mummy time no matter how much it is. Have a great birthday! Enjoy the free dinner. And great win for your Mum. I found it really hard to lose weight when I went back to work after Joshua and it does get you down, but don't give up completly, have you thought about one of the weight plans like weight watchers or something similar. I guess that wouldn't be good on the hip pocket though. The main thing I think with me was not enough exercise. Can you go out walking on your lunch break or on the weekends. Is your DH working too? What are his hrs like?

Well my little bugger Jessica is pulling herself up on everything now, the tv unit, the little wooden chairs, the coffee table, my leg. and she is only 7 and a half mths. She almost let go and stood alone today.

Jemma's finger ended up not being operated on, it is permanently bent though and they didn't do anything as it had already healed by the time we got there. So as it isn't broken on the growth plate of the bone they are not doing anything. I now am waiting fo the appt for Jessica's left eye, which is turning slightly. It takes about an hr, dependiong on traffic to get to the chn's hosp from my place so it is a fair hike with the kids, but I haven't paid for anything as I am going public.

Wonder where Pee is?

See ya
    Michelle

mooshie Guest

hi girls

i saw a great movie last night "Bride and Prejudice" very funny light hearted type of movie. had a great night and no phonecall from dh \/ .

michelle - can't believe jessica is pulling up my golly - lani is still doing the backward comando crawling but believe it or not she still cannot roll from back to tummy lol i think she may of skipped that one.

lovely day today was just giong to chill out but i need to go to the shops to get a few things, which is a pain.

spiddles - have a great birthday on sunday - thats great your mum shouting - hope you have a nice time.

well off to do the daily duties have a good day all

Michelle works going well. I am enjoying it. My mum loves looking after her. Though my Dad is jealous because she gets to see Alana more. LOL!

Alana is good. She is getting a flu shot tomorrow. I had mine last week and it hurt for days. I hope it doesn't for Alana. Its best that she has it, even though I feel awful about it.

Sounds like Jessica is going to be walking before you know it.

Hey Spiddles! Happy Birthday for Sunday. Sound like it will be a good day. My birthday was on the 24th of March and all of Frank's family forgot. And they still haven't remembered. Oh well!

I'm going to dinner tomorrow night to meet some other parents whose child has just been diagnosed with CF. Its through CF Victoria. It sound funny, but it will be nice to meet some other parents, so I don't feel like we are the only ones with a baby with CF. Frank can't come because he has to start work so early, but my Mum is coming.

Anyway best be off. I never sit down from 7pm to 8:30pm.

Kellee Guest

Hey there, you speed demon typists...

Mooshie - lol about the milk arrowroot biscuits. It dries so yucky, doesn't it?! I almost can't stand it... I make my own rusks for Charlie and he gets them everywhere. I need to teach DH to wipe him down properly, as after he looks after Charlie while he's eating the rusks I invariably find little bits stuck to Charlie's hair, or even in his ear... it's like guys think a once over is enough, when often it isn't! It's great to see that Lani is in some kind of a routine - I bet that makes life easier. I'm glad that you got a chance to go out to the movies on your own without having to worry about little ones. I'm looking forward to seeing "Bride and Prejudice" when it comes out on video. I haven't actually seen a movie at the movies since Charlie was born! Although, DH and I are huge science fiction fans (dorky, I know! But I am very against Star Trek) and "Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy" comes out next week, so I will have to organise babysitting for that one.

Iris - Don't 5am wake ups suck?! If only bubs knew how amazing that extra 30-45 mins sleep is for us... if they knew extra sleep meant a less cranky mummy I bet they would sleep a bit longer! LOL about the rusk... when I first started giving Charlie avocado on toast, I cut it up into tinsy tiny pieces because I was so scared! I still get stressed out, but even though my maternal instinct keeps trying to freak me out, my head tells me that little ones have a much better gag reflex than we think they do. After a couple of times of it going down the wrong way and realising that he could fix it himself, I feel much better about it. We're trying to figure out the day routine at the moment (routine? What routine?) too... it's tricky, but if Alana is sleeping through the night she might need less through the day. Charlie usually only has 2 big sleeps (one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon for about 1-1 1/2 hours each, and often a power nap in the pram early in the morning when I go for a walk). Hope you're both able to work it out... hope we are too

Spiddles - hooray for Liam sleeping through! I hope that this is a trend that continues. Congrats to your mum for winning a grand! It's great that you get some nice new threads out of it too... hope you have a rad birthday. I know what you mean about the diet - it's hard with a bub. If you decide you want any tips or anything, let me know - I have just lost 18.3 kgs on WW (I will be at my "goal" weight next week, fingers crossed!) and I know how hard it can be. Don't get yourself too down about it, though, because all of your precious time is taken up performing one of the most important jobs in the world - being a wonderful mum. And, in case I don't get a chance before Sunday, have a wonderful day! What are your plans?

Mitch - Hooray for Jessica being such a clever monkey! And it actually sounds like she IS a monkey... I hope for your sake that she doesn't walk TOO early or your house as you know it will be gone forever!

Wow, this has been a BIIIG post! It's not my fault that you girls lead such exciting lives and are so fast at typing... everytime I come on here there is so much to catch up on! Non-eventful day today... got a nice new haircut (not too short, as Charlie likes to play with it) and went for dinner for my MIL birthday. Got a bit cross, as she gave him some egg when I wasn't looking, when I don't want him to have any for a couple of months yet, but otherwise was very nice. Going op-shopping and second hand book shopping with DH and DS tomorrow, as well as stopping for a spot of tea somewhere. Should be quite nice.

If I don't get on here tomorrow, I hope that you guys have a lovely day.

-Kellee.

Hi all,

Amelia's Routine
    7.30 rise and b/f
    has breaky after feed.
    Plays on floor until approx 9.30am.

Sleeps till 11.30 then gets up, has lunch then b/f
    Plays on floor/ jolly jumper/ playpen

Back to bed @ 1.30ish
    sleeps on and off till 4.30pm. This sleep is not always as good. It ranges from 1.5hrs to 2.5hrs.
    Plays in cot until 5pm then gets up has tea and b/f

Plays then gets ready for bed at 7pm, story time and b/f then is in bed by 7.30pm. Pretty much goes straight to sleep till ds goes to bed at 8pm then lies awake or they both chat quietly for 1/2 hr then sleeps til 7.30am

Although this is very routine, this suits our family. We are both routine parents and survive on structure. So do our children. Routine does not suit everyone.

Hope everyone is well and I am thinking of you Lara for tomorrow.

HI girls

Kellee- hope you picked up some bargains on your shopping trip. Sounds like a lovely time.

Michelle- I saw the previews for that movie and thought I'd like it, then someone said it was crappy. Glad you had a good night, and no calls is a bonus.

Lara- Hope you have a good time at the meet up, it will be great for you to make friends with some parents in the same position as you. I'm glad you are enjoying work and I bet Alana like s spending time with the grandparents too, as much as they enjoy it. Aren't mum's great! Hope the flu shot is fine, you are right it is better she has it.

And I too cannot believe Jessica is pulling up either. SHe is sooo strong it's not funny. She did it the first time on Easter Sunday but now she does it all the time. I think she likes attention as she seems to do things on special days, like waving on Jemma's 2nd bday and standing on Easter Sunday. This week's achievment is clapping and saying Bubba. Next week she will prob turn 4 and go to kinder LOL that's what it feels like around here.

Well I have pulled my whole house apart searching for junk, so far have done Josh's wrobe, the linen press and the cupboard in the study. Mum is doing the same and we are just going to chuck it all out the front one Saturday. Maybe we'll set up a table with scrapbooking stuff too and see if we can sell that too. That;'s sort of cheating!
    Gotta go dish tea, Arron is at footy training and the dinner is ready, just let it cool while I answered here. Have a great day tomorrow everyone

Michelle

Kellee Guest

Evening everyone,

Rose - I think that you've got a great thing happening with that routine. I wish we were in more of one, but I'm not really sure how to go about it. I'm trying to let Charlie 'find' his natural daytime sleeping pattern, but it's not at all consistent yet! Might have to call in my Baby Whisperer for reinforcements. It's not too bad, but just difficult if I want to plan an outing. We'll sort it out. Glad it's all working for you.

Mitch - Good girl for doing all that organising! What a woman... I barely have the time to do the regular housework (or so I tell myself *wink*), let alone all the work you're doing! Hooray for Jessica saying new words and clapping! What a clever girl. Charlie is a crazy crawling, almost walking monster, but he hasn't uttered anything that resembles a word yet. He say "aah" a lot, but that's about it. One day...

Anyway, should start dinner... want to have everything ready so that I can watch "Lost" in peace. Have a lovely night and a lovely Friday, y'all.

- Kellee.

Morning everyone,
    Going to got o the kmart sale soon, and prob will buy nothing as Arron is coming! But at least it gets us out of the house together.

Not much has happened this morning, but I should be cleaning up and again I am answering posts on here. Nothing better to do with my life than talk to you girls.

ANyway see ya later
    Michelle

Well the dinner went well last night. There was about 25 people. I spent alot of time talking to a 28 y/o girl with CF. It was very interesting how she talked about her CF, like it was no big deal. I have decided that I'm taking Alana swimming after hearing how beneficial it. I was concerned about the bacteria thing and catching a virus, but I was told just to not take Alana into the change rooms and stick to large swimming pools, as they have a tendency to over clorinate the pools. I guess I can't keep Alana in a bubble.

Anyway its been a quite day for me. I think I will go and relax a little more on the couch.

So glad you enjoyed the meeting Lara, it is a great opportunity and have fun with the swimming.

We went to Kmart and spent about $75, mainly on clothes for jessica but also an outfit for Jemma so that they can be dressed the same LOL I hated it when my Mum did it to me and my sis but we were 6yrs apart and my girls are only 18mths apart so it's not so bad, they will look gorgeous.

As Arron hates shopping I had no chance of looking at anything else, and it was his idea to go so go figure. next time I am going myself. Afterwards he made me go back to the gf's house wehave spent 5 nights out of 7 there cos Arron was helping with the paving. I really like them but I hate to be a pain to people and I feel like we are taking over her house. I know she doesn't think that way but I can't help it. Her youngest and Jessica are 3mths apart so it is nice to thnk they will have a playmate their age, and Josh and her son who's 8 both love play station. Her 6 yrold daughter loves playing with Jordan but they leave Jemma out so she annoys them or me.

Anyway Arron is watching the footy and I am going to check out the restr of my emails and head off .
    Michelle

Kellee, We have had a routine since the very beginning. I worked out with flexability when the best times were to feed play sleep and most times it works. If she wakes too early but has had approx 2 hrs sleep then she has quiet play in her cot. This gives me added time to finish what I was doing. If you were wanting to impliment something like that into your routine but the baby wasn't used to it you would get some resistance/tears but gradually introduce it and slowly increase the time. Amelia is used to it and quite enjoys it. As I said earlier though, routines are not for everyone.

Lara, I am glad there are people out there that you can share your feelings and experiences with that can offer support.

Has anyone heard of Flylady???

Well better go now....to bed.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

well i just did a post and lost it grrrrrrrrr. now let me think.

lara - i think a support group is fantastic. when my dd was sick we were in a support group called KOALA run at monash for kids with cancer, it was really good to have that support. i agree swimming will be great for alanah and you will enjoy it to.

kellee- i am a big routine person here lol, not to strict but i try and be home for at least one big 2hr sleep for lani usually between 3pm and 5pm - so it works well, its a bit hard with an older child running around to all there activities. as of next week we have kinder monday, tuesday, swimming wednesday, kinder thursday, friday is catch up with old mothers group and saturday auskick - so poor lani is usually catching naps where she can but she is quite good and has adapted lol she has to.

michelle - bet your glad school goes back on monday lol, great on getting more clothes for jessica - i can't help myself with all those cute little outfits i just keep putting stuff on layby, i think i have 6 layby's going atm ](*,) it is the only way we can really afford stuff. i enjoyed bride and prejudice it was a bit corny but had a few laughs, the cinema was only $5.50 as they show movies after they have been realease for a while, and nothing beats a night out with the girls lol.

lani cut her 2nd tooth today - she is the only child i know that gets constipated when cutting teeth - very strange (i will break out the prune juice to get her going again i think lol).

we went to a traffic school today in kew - it was great jay was really good stopping at the little red traffic lights (i remember going to one when i was a kid gosh must of been around 30 yrs ago how scary) we had a picnic and the kids rode around on their bikes for 2hrs then got the footy and played on an oval for another 1hr and there were no fights at all - all up there were 4 x 7yr olds, 3 x 5 yr olds, 2 x 4yr old, 1 x 3yr old, 1 x 2yr old and little lani - so it was good that for once all the kids got along and us mums had a good chance to sit relax and gossip (and they all looked after lani - got their lot of cluckiness out of the way lol) so i could sit and relax.

well i am going to check out the other forums before bed, i need to stay up till around 11pm so i can give lani her rollover.

hope you all have a nice weekend.

FLY LADY? Nope who/what is it/her?

I must say that I do routine from the start too, we feed we eat we play then we sook and it's bedtime, and it happens over again. My kids all went/go down awake and put themselves to sleep, just something I was adamant about with the first and continued through to the 4th. And if they resisted I persisted. Otherwise they are grumpy and all over the place.

Cheers Michelle

Hi Michelle- posting at the same time.

Sounds like a great day at traffic school, where was it? Yeah Kinder is terrible for babies and routione, it was really bad for us cos Jessica was born in term 3 and I had Jemma who needed sleep too, so it was bad, but it is all over so quick and school hrs are much better.
    I am glad they go back Monday, they get bored and really need to be stimulated and be with their friends.

How cheap for the movie, wish we had a movies nearby! Nothing closer than 40 mins to me!

I actually sat down and cropped the pics for 3 pages last night, Jordan's 2nd bday, not bad since she was 10 last bday, I have so much to do that it's not funny. I am planning to do her bdays 1 through to 10 and then do Joshua's.

Collingwood must have done something good as Arron just yelled out YEAH!

yay on Lanis tooth! I used to layby all the time but not much now, I try to wait until I have some money and just spend what I have.

Well I am planning on taking the kids to the Party in the Park tomorrow, a mini festival in town, and I was going to go to the farmers market (produce i think) in the hall also in town. Our friends housewarming/bday is tomorrow night and Auskick at 8.30am sunday. A full weekend. Cheers Michelle

Kellee Guest

Morning post-aholics,

Lara - it's great that you were able to share your experiences with others in the same situation as you. I think that to have that kind of support is really important. I hope you made some good contacts and got some ideas out of it. Enjoy the swimming... I have taken Charlie to one lesson with my brother's gf who used to teach learn to swim classes and it was very cute. He wouldn't let go of me for one second! I'm sure next time will be better.

Mitch - Girls must be so much fun to shop for! I have a squiz sometimes when I'm buying stuff for Charlie and the outfits are so adorable. You'll have to show us some pics of the girls dressed the same... so cute! I do have some kind of routine - the feed/eat/play/sook/sleep - but it's anybody's guess what time the sleeping happens. It can be two longs sleeps/a power nap and two short sleeps/a power nap and one sleep... who knows? It's very unpredictable. Wow... sounds like you have a busy weekend! Hope it's fun for you.

Rose - I think with our next bub I will try to be more in a routine from the beginning. We still felt like we were all just learning what to do and were really just coping from day to day, but next time we'll be better prepared. I will write an email to the Baby Whisperer after I finish here and try to get her in to help.

Mooshie - I imagine it would be more difficult to stay in a routine with more than one child. You guys sound so busy! Hooray for Lani's 2nd tooth! Charlie gets constipated too when he's teething... I think it depends on what kind of child he/she is. If the child is more on the constipated side generally anyway he/she will probably be more so when he/she is teething. If you think about it, adults are usually more one way than the other too. Traffic school sounds so cute! I'd never heard of it before. Glad you had a nice time.

Anyway, not much to report here. I was worried because Charlie wasn't eating well lately but then it occurred to me that he might not like the mix of veggies I did for him this time. I did up another batch with different stuff in it, and voila! Back to normal. Dh gets worried when he doesn't eat much for one meal or another, but he doesn't realise that bubs are like adults - if you don't eat much at one meal you're bound to make it up at the next, or the next day. Going for a long walk to MIL (1 1/2 hours) today with Charlie in the pram, so I hope he likes it! I usually go for an hour about 4-5 times a week, but I haven't done a longer walk like that for a few weeks. Hope he doesn't get grizzly! Then tomorrow we're going to Dh's friend's house for an Asian barbecue. Don't think that's very WW friendly! Oh well, will be delicious.

Lots to do before C wakes up. Have a lovely weekend, everyone!

spiddles Guest

Thanks eveyone for the birthday wishes!!

I rhink thw main prob with me loosing weight is I just dont have the time to excersize more. I do bits here and there and walk Liam home from daycare most days but it just isnt enough. Basically I am the same weight I was before I lost 30kgs 2 years ago but put it all on when I was preggers GRRRR!! Last time I would do like 3 hours of exercise a day and eat really healthy just dont have the time but I did weigh myself and have lost 2kgs this week WOOHOO!.

YAY on Lani's 2nd tooth!!! So strange about the constipation though *shugs*

How clever is Jessica!!! Has she started to crawl yet?? Hopefully Jemma's finger works out in the end.

How long have you been back at work Lara?? You working part time?? Somedays can be so stressfull just tyring to organise eveything and manage to get a good sleep yourself!!

Sorry for those who I have missed!! Have a great weekend guys!

spiddles Guest

BTW forgot to mention. Congrats Kellee on your wieght loss!! You go girl!! Its so good to go out and buy new clothes when you loose weight!!

Hope Pee is ok too Michelle and Carmen too. Havent seen them around in ages!!

Hi all

Spiddles- glad the bday was good, Yay on the 2kgs you have lost. You don't need 3hrs a day, but you do need a little, it is hard tofind time when you are working, but every little bit helps.

Jessica is crawling has been for a month, and now she is pulling herself up on all the furniture, the couch, the table, the chairs. I am really sad, next thing she will ne walking, NOT FAIR!

kellee- We all do things differently the 2nd time around, cos we work out what worked and didn't and get it right. So don't worry about it!

Yes we haven't heard from Carmen for ages. I have seen Pee post in other forums.
    Cheers Michelle

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast