Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6 Months - 9 Months, September '05

Debbie Lee Guest

Ok... look out people... the chatterbox is here (and her mother ).

I can't believe Gabby is 6 months old today. Half a year since she was brought into this big, wide world! I can't believe I have been a Mum for half a year! You would think I would be better at it by now

Hope everyone is doing well!!

Hi deb, great to see you and Gabby here! Happy 6 months Gabby!

Happy belated 6 months to Zander, Violet and Declan!

Tanya - we miss you - hope your puter gets fixed soon.

Hows yours Trish?

Hope you feel better soon Sarah.

Hmm.. how is everyone else? Hows the solids feeding going?

Matthew is well, he is commando crawling everywhere now and getting into everything, very funny to watch. He has settled down. I thjink he was unsettled about me going to work, which is going well too.

Hope to chat to you all soon!

Debbie Lee Guest

Thanks Shannon and Nell.

Nell - good to hear that Matty has settled down now. It takes a bit of getting used to when the routine has changed, hey? Gabby is going ok with her solid food. She doesn't show a great deal of interest and sometimes won't open her mouth even for just a taste. I am guessing it's because she is pretty filled up by the extra formula she is getting now. I guess I just have to keep offering it to her. So far she has tried pumpkin, sweet potato, apples, pears, banana and she has sucked on a slice of cantelope. What's Matty's favourite thing to eat do you think?

Hmmm yes... it's not the same here without Tanya, Trish and Sarah. Darn computers (and colds..).

Went for a drive to Colac today on a wild goose-chase for wife-basher singlets for Neil. Long story but he needed 50 of them in all different sizes. Thankfully they had what we needed so it was worth the trip. My sister came with me and bought me lunch. Gab was very well behaved and had a nap on the way and on the way back. Apparently that's all she needed because she was delightful when she was awake. Hooray!

Ello Gabby & Deb!!
    Bye Jessica..happy travelling to the next forum
    We are progressing with the solids, the only damm problem is that Eliza is reacting to every known food.Finally got some cream for her rashes and they seem to be doing a good job. I had to look after 4 of my neices and nephews today..hats off to people that have a family of 5!! My oldest nephew was very testing, hmm teenages.
    Ah other than that life is very quiet...we got some new neighbours. I think I approve
    Hope all are well
    Bec

Hiya Debbie and Gabby!!! I know what you mean about them growing so quick,i cant believe Dommie is nearly 9 months already!!
    Nell,i have the same thing with Dommie commando crawling all over the place,it seems i am forever pulling him out of things!!!
    We are going ok with solids here,Dom has 6 teeth now and it seems to me that everytime he gets a tooth he doesnt want to eat....
    He generally has two meals a day,both custards at the moment (he likes the apple ones and the caramel,but i have choccie custard to try him on tomorrow lol)
    he loves his rusks,but i will not give him arrowroots again for ages,as he nearly choked on the last one (memo to self,do not listen to friends advice when they have a child who will eat anything!!! )
    i tried him on veges a couple of weeks ago,and he wasnt too impressed with them,but i might try again tomorrow night,as i got a can of chicken,noodles and veges for him to try,and it was always the girls favorite...
    i got a playpen for him the other day,as i cant leave the room without him rushing into something he shouldnt....i need to go and put a walker away for him though,he is the only one i havent had one for by now....
    he is trying to sit up though,and getting on his bum leaning on his arms,so it might not be long before he can play sitting up....What a relief,not to have to move him because he is bored!!
    Anyways i gotta go,sorry about the book i have written,i got carried away lol!!
    hope everyone is well and happy,and the kiddies are in bed lol

ange-par Guest

Welcome Deb and Gabby

Ella has been quite a Little Miss. She has taken to crying and carrying on and as soon as she sees me she laughs. It went on for about 2 hours today. Maybe I spoil her too much, but I just have too.

I think she may also be going through a little bit of seperation anxiety....poor baby. Her nanny has been overseas for 2 weeks and I thinks that's part of the problem. Mum normally has special time every morning and I just don't make the cut. At least Mum will be back next Thursday.

We have MCHN tomorrow so I'm now off to bed.

Scarlett Guest

Hi all, yep still around but term has been so crazy internet surfing has been a luxuary I couldn't quiet manage. Hope you all are well and look forward to catching up with you and bubs.

Em is going great, can almost walk!! stands on her own for abotu 20secs, then realises and falls over. She is taking steps along furniture and between gaps just needs a bit more practice. Solids are going well still two meals a day but thinking about starting three soon.

Debbie Lee Guest

Scarlett - OMG @ Emily almost walking!! Wow! Gabby doesn't even roll from back to front yet so I don't imagine her trying to walk in a little over a month's time! What a clever little girl you have there!

Angela - awww... poor Ella missing her Nanny! As for spoiling her too much - I don't think that's possible imo. You are doing a good job! The separation anxiety thing is probably even worse for Ella because of her hearing (well... so I would imagine). Maybe seeing you is reassuring because she can't always hear you?

Suzie - good idea about the play pen. I need to buy one for Gabby for when she starts moving around. Our kitchen floor needs to be sanded and polished and I don't fancy her crawling around on it and getting splinters in her hands. Sounds like Dommie is going well with his eating. Yum! Choccy custard!

Bec - bummer that Eliza is having reactions to a lot of foods. OMG @ looking after 4 other kids. You are a braver woman than I! Yay for the new neighbours.

Not much on today. I have to run some errands for my DH and organise Gabby's swimming lessons but that's about it. I guess the house should be spick and span by the end of the day.... HA!

Hey Ladies

How are you all?

Hayley is doing really well, had her 6m needles, thankfully 1 less than last time, so that was a HUGE bonus, she screamed a lot louder this time though, but it didnt last too long.

The other HUGE news is that she has a nice white bump on her bottom gum, was wondering why she was out of sorts the last few days, now I know!! Hayley has also started to roll, BUT only seems to do it in her bouncer, silly girl, wont do it at all on the floor. She has also said Mum, Dad and Pa, she has only said it a couple of times, but Pa is her favourite, so my Dad is rapt!

YAY that so many people are joining in here, it has been really quiet in here. WELCOME to you all!

Nell - YAY for Matty crawling, fun isnt it??

Deb - Wont be long and Gabby will decide that solids are a great idea! Hayley wasnt sure either but now can polish off a whole tin at a time and still want more!

Bec - I hope that Eliza is okay, its horrible when they react to food. Brave woman looking after 4 kids, teenagers are just HELL!!!

Suzie - Good Luck with Dommie and the choc custard!! Hayley didnt like it much at all, she didnt like the chicken noodle & veg either! Will eat almost everything else though, loves the gels, custards and pumpkin/sweetcorn also the chicken/sweetcorn! There is just sooo much variety, the apple/blueberry museli is her real fave though, she loves it!

Angela - Nothing wrong with spoiling babies!!! I bet Ella is missing her Nanny heaps, but she has you! Maybe Ella thinks its a game, she cries and you come, that would be pretty funny from her POV! Good Luck with the MCHN!

Scarlett - OMG!!! Walking!!! what a clever girl! You must be rapt!

Okay, have rambled on heaps and Hayley has decided to have a rotter! YUK!!!

Will hopefully catch up again later

Debbie Lee Guest

Dinky - yay for Hayley's toothy-peg coming through! How exciting. Thanks for the consolation about solids. I am sure Gab will be polishing it off in no time. LOL @ Hayley only rolling her her bouncer. Wow @ all the words she is saying too! It must be so amazing to hear the english language come out of their mouths. I think Gabby will be talking in sentences before she walks, LOL. Little chatterbox.

Forum Name: Simone
    State: WA
    Baby's DOB: 20/3/05
    Gender of Baby: Boy
    Baby Name(s): Declan Christopher
    Health Concerns: toes on his left foot have only grown to half the amount they should (skin is there, no bone, also no toenails) birthmark that looks like bleeding under the skin on palm of left hand.
    Notes: Born 3 weeks early (by induction) born 7lb 15.5oz (3.61kg) had o2 (wasnt breathing due to cord being wrapped around his throat, and strangled him when i birthed) become severely jaundiced, but not enough to be readmitted. had a little bit of trouble sucking, but it corrected itself.

hi simone - your details have been added, Shannon has done so.

Dinky - yay for first tooth!

Scarlett - yay for Emily standing and almost walking - what a clever girl!

Deb - some kids just don't need to eat. Matthe's favourite thing I think is sweet potato.

Bec - so sorry to hear Elliza is reacting to food, I hope you get it all figured out soon.

Angie - I strongly believe that the bubs can suffer from separation anxiety...both for you and your mum.

Suzie - we have a play pen as well and it is a god send.

Mini yay here. Matthew is back sleeping in his cot for daytime sleeps! \/ We are so rapt.. he does whinge and whine a little but he soon settles and he is sleeping longer as well during the day and a much happier bubs for it!

Hope everyone else is well and hope to see the ol' regulars back very soon. We do miss you guys!

Debbie Lee Guest

That's great Nell. Yay for Matty! It certainly makes a difference when they sleep well during the day - you can actually get some stuff done!

Not when the stuff is yucky housework Deb.

It helps so much Deb - just means more BB time! 8-[

LOL Bec!

Well jujst calling in to do a quick post....Dominic is in bed,and sounds like he is just about to wake up....i have got my friends little man for the day today and he is really good...A little worried about how he is going to go with Dominic though,and whether he is going to do something to him when my back is turned...Oh well i guess i will just have to keep an eye on them....
    got lunch on the go too,so i really gotta go now,i will come back and do personals later,hope everyone is having a good day!!

Hi all
    Well we graduated earlier in the week... thanks for the congrats too btw

My comp was busted for a bit but we have finally sorted that prob out...

I typed up a catch up post in the 3-6month forum, so I thought I would just paste it here as well....

Violet had her 6mo needles ect last week... she was ok with it, poor Emily didn't want to go to the centre cause she knows what goes on in there . Also go ther weighed and measured... the book is in the car but I think she is 6.96 kg and 65cm.... so about average. She is almost crawing... mostly goes backwards lol, poor thing tries to get things and just gets further away.

I think I gave away all my 0 clothes... 8-[ .... Alecia's aunty is having a little girl in Nov, and I think I am have given her the wrong cloths...ooops! Oh well... a good excuse to get Violet some new clothes .
    I was going to buy some cloths at Big W and I was going through a clothes bin looking for the right sizes... I reached right down the bottom and got bitten by something!! I was hoping it wasn't anythink too bad, it was stinging like mad... I looked at the clothes I pulled up and a paper wasp crawled out!! OWCHIES...

Wato has started back at work... so he is out of my hair, or is that I am out of his... .

I finally got some portraits of the girls done... I have to scan them and put them on the www site... They are so cute!!

Can any of you remember when I told you all about the pregnancy test I gave to a friend who had been ttc for a while and she got pg on the test I gave her... well she had her bub... hopefully we will get over and see them soon....she had a little girl...awwww!! So many babies and preggies bellies around at the moment!! I am soooo CLUCKY!!! It isn't fair .

Ummm.... I am sure there was more to write, but I can't remember... will catch up again later, I just thought I would pop on and say ... Hello!!

Hope you are all well

Tanya

Should be back soon guys, I've been suffering from a monster migraine since last Friday afternoon Got lots of lovely meds which just make me sleep & I wake up to feel just as crappy. Drs again on Monday & hopefully all will be better then

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast