Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, June '05

Pee, Matilda started having tantrums around 9 months... apparently some babies go through a separation anxiety phase and others have "mini tantrums" or so the ECHN told me She would get so frustrated with not being able to reach something and then would fall on the floor & throw her head back & scream... I tried super nanny techniques and set up a play pen with heaps of quilts down to soften the blows and put her in them because anytime I touched her she would scream louder & push me away... BUT once she started walking her tantrums decreased heaps. She has had one in the past month which is fantastic.

I hope your tooth feels better & you are able to concentrate & study... I was terrible during uni & never studied...who knows how I passed :-s

Michelle I hope everyone starts feeling better soon, I barely survived one sick little girl, let alone a whole household!

Grrr at your MIL Mooshie/Michelle LOL....its so frustrating & hard. I hope you SIL had an easy time of it & a beautiful bubs by now

mooshie Guest

hi everyone

pee - ouch at the sore tooth - i am another that hates the dentist.

michelle - poor kiddies being sick - i hope they don't have what my two had it was not a nice virus at all. i put baby balsam vicks on the kids feet b4 bed then put socks on them , i know it sounds bizaree but it seems to keep the colds a bit shorter - dunno if it works, if i feel like i am getting a cold i do it then i feel good when i wake up.

well still no baby and i am one up on my mil - after her rude phone conversation on wednesday, i have started screening all calls lol, yesterday arvo not one call from the witch so i started to get worried, based on the very brief convo with mil on wednesday my sil was in hospital waters broken and labour close. well i rang sil yesterday she is still home and everything is okay apart from bubs being prosterior ouchie (also with her condition she can't have an epidural arrhhh) anyway we had a big ***** session about mil - thank god us to can see through the old witch lol - sil is being induced either today or tommorrow she is 14days over today, but hospital is very busy so basically waiting for a bed - and i have promised sil i will not let the evil mil know lol - i am not even going to speak to her silly moo cow.

gotta go lani is after a bottle and nap

Michelle- I missed the MIL post, what a *****, maybe you should just bypass her when you can, why bother having arguments with her.
    Hope your SIl goes well and can't wait to hear the news either.

Pee I can't believe Ryley has so many teeth, Jessica still only has 2 LOL. Great news on the exam, bet you'll be rapt when they are all over. And as for Tantrums, Jessica hjas them too, and does a great job, she has a very loud scream and when the kids take stuff off her I know about it, and also she does the throw back thing when she is angry, that is the one I hate the most.

I think Jemma is a little better today, Jessica had a slight temp this morning and she has a cough and a runny nose ,but I am thinking it is sort of teeth related as the top gums are very swollen. Josh is also better though still coughing and so far Jordan is doing well to be fine.

i am out tonight to a wall buddies party/jewellery party combined. But I am taking the kids to a party tomorrow so that makes up for it. Then I am out Sunday and Arron is having all the kids. Won't that be fun for him! He just came in having a sook about how the house wasn't clean and none of it was his, and I pointed out none of it was mine. And I also pointed out that he was home 2 days playing fishing games on the xbox and had done nothing to help so he can go jump. LOL I am over cleaning atm. And school hols means 4 kids inside all day long, yeah right the house will stay clean anyway, what do I look like, stupid or something, I need to conserve energy not waste it LOL.

Anyway have a nice Friday night everyone.

Best wishes Michelle

Hi Ladies,

I have one of those weeks I think. 1st the comp mouse broke, 2nd fil ended up in hospital, 3rd DD had been waking up at 2am and staying awake until about 5am so I am soooo tired. 4th my neighbours do wakes me up at 1am with it's barking and 5th we have new neighbours and i am so stressed to see if they will be quite, although right now there dog is barking arrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhh...I just can't handole this. We are considering moving to provincial Vistoria for peace and quite. In case you are wondering we have had really bad experiences with BAD NEIGHBOURS in the past.

On top of all this Natasha's birthday on 7 July and I have sent out the invite 20+ people coming 8-[ no idea what to do in regards to food and just hope it does not rain as we do not have out outdoor entertaining area covered at the moment as dh decided he wanted to put new lazerlight sheeting on it but still waiting and probably will still be waiting this time next year MEN.

Went to a party shop yesterday to buy some party hats and lollie bags and some hullium ballons I could not believe that they wanted $2 for 1 ballon I think that is redicoulous. I spent $5 on a no.1 candle wich is also pretty redicoulous I think.

Anyway I think I have complained enough, I hope all of you are doing well. I noticed someone said something about mil I think I have the worse one in the world I will tell you about it another time I am frezzing at the moment and need to warm up before frost bite sets in.

Kellee Guest

Hello ladies!

Long time no write. So much has happened in here - I can hardly keep up! Crazy stuff. Hello to Von - I don't think we've met, and it doesn't look like you'll be in here for long (they grow up too fast, huh?) but hello anyway! Sorry about your tooth Pee - I have similar problems at the moment (5 dentist's visits in 6 weeks... ugh...) but, and you won't like this, I am URGING you to go to the dentist if it hurts - I left two teeth until it was too late and the pain was excrutiating. You poor thing. Hey Mitch and mooshie! All back together again - hooray! I missed Asha and Matilda's birthdays too - sorry ladies - hope they went well and the Mums didn't get too sad at their little angels growing up so fast.

Well, I'm sorry I haven't posted for so long. I tried to keep myself really busy while DH was away and ended up being TOO busy, so by the time he got back I was exhausted and I hadn't posted on BellyBelly in two weeks! That's two weeks too long if you asked me - I missed everyone here! Not much has happened - DH is back, obviously, and had more problems with his flights... Because they were booked to fly in and out of South instead of North Carolina, there were problems with their return trips. The airline said they would void their whole return tickets if they didn't fly out of South Carolina, which was CRAP because that's not where they were and it wasn't their fault, so they had to drive to a different city and sort it out and it was a total mess! I won't go into it now because it's too long... suffice to say, though it was stressful, everything worked out in the end, and Charlie and I are both very happy to have him back. The only other thing is that I have created a family website with pictures and news and a guestbook, so if you'd like to visit and leave a message, feel free.

Charlie is being gorgeous, as usual. He says 'bub bub bub' on cue now, and says a version of "Moo" when you ask "What does the moo cow say?" It's very cute. He hasn't been sleeping well lately because it's been FREEZING so we've put a heater in his room - we hope that helps. Anyway, I think I should go to bed. I've been sitting up for ages because it's taking far too long to upload pictures onto my website (DH thinks I'm nuts for putting so many on, but I just can't decide between all the ones of Charlie - they're so cute!)... now I know why! It's taking forever! Anwyay, I hope that I can chat with you all more regularly now that things are returning to normal. Hope you're all well.

- Kellee.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

quickie from me have people coming over for dinner SOON arhh gotta get changed. will jump on hopefully in the morning to do personals.

just wanted to let you know i am an aunty again HOORAY a 7lb 12oz boy called danial born at 7am this am - she had a tough labour but all went well had the epidural needle put in and just about to put the stuff through when she had a huge bloody show then he arrived.

been shopping for blue things today and off to see them tommorrow can't wait - how clucky am i gunna be lol.

see yas have a good night

woohoo Mooshie, congratulations on becoming an aunt again

Pietta Guest

Hello all!!

kellee sounds like an ordeal and a half getting DH home. Oh well at least he is here now!! What is the website for Charlie? I'd love to have a squizz!!

Michelle- dont you love men!! they think that stuff cleans itself up... Grrr Glad to hear the girsl are getting better

Congrats Mooshie!! Danial with an a is a different way to spell it. He was a good size too.

Von- sounds like you need some time out. $5 for a candle is heaps but it's what we do for our little ones hey? Not long to go now- How exciting!!

Lol at everyone having tanties!! I am not looking forward to him walking. He can crawl for just a bit longer thanks!!

I've finished exams!! =D> But the crazy thing is that I am going to look for f/t work so we can buy a house. That is our new objective so yay for doing exams for no particular reason.

Otherwise I am getting my tooth out on Monday or Tuesday i think.. 8-[

Will chat more then Havea good w/e!

I just have to commiserate with Von Matilda's been up for a minimum of 2 hours in the middle of the night for two weeks now... it really does your head in (or it did mine in!) *hugs* Last night was the best so far, we were up 3 times and the longest was only 30 minutes, YAY! I think we are getting somewhere...

Oh Cristy I know what you mean by doing your head in. Last night it was just once that she woke up at 2am I am trying to not give her a feed anymore but just wrapping her back up and putting the dummy in and leaving her she usually whinges for a while but goes back to sleep...Thank god, who knows what tonight is going to hold. Hopefully we all get a straight through 8 hour sleep tonight....well we can hope anyway.

12 days until Natasha's s 1st birthday, I don't know if I should be happy or sad. The other day I put all her little cloths into those vacum seal bags and I just could not believe how much she has grown and then the tears started dh really thought I was going mad.

Kellee Guest

Hello again,

Sorry that Matilda and Natasha are being nocturnal. You poor buggers... I'm sure it's just a stage that will pass. Charlie has had periods like that too - for a week or so - where he wakes up a lot, but then the period passes and he's back to "normal" again, whatever that means. So I hope that you both get some sleep soon! In the meantime, ask for help wherever you can (maybe some supportive mothers/MILs?) if you're tired through the day. Big hugs to you.

Don't worry about the tears, Von. Every other week I have to put away more items of clothing that are too small for Charlie and I get emotional too. I'd better hurry up and get pregnant or I'll get sad!

Congrats, mooshie! Try not to get too clucky... what would DH think?! I bet he's just gorgeous. I saw an eight week old the other day, and she looked about 1 week... you just forget how small they can be.

Good girl for having the guts to go to the dentist, Pee. I hope that there aren't too many complications. I actually need to go back too - he did some work on one the other week and now it hurts more than before. Not good. FYI, our family website is
    http://www.thegreenhouse.150m.com
    There is a Charlie page (not much on there yet) and LOTS of photos in the "media" section.

Anyway, not much to report. Had a nice day out today - MIL was supposed to babysit so that DH and I could go to the movies (for the first time since Charlie came along, excluding one "Babes In Arms" session), but then she had to cancel :smt022 so we all went out for lunch instead. Charlie was a good boy and had lunch then went to sleep in the pram. I think that people must think we're mad - we're all over each other when we have a chance because we hardly get to see each other, so we were all lovey dovey today and everyone was looking at us strangely. Oh well, just because they're not getting any... LOL tmi, sorry!

Hope you all had a lovely weekend.
    - Kellee.

mooshie Guest

hi girls

well i am officially definately clucky as i can get lol. the baby is georgeous i can't believe his tiny little face i kept looking at lani and thinking no way she was this little (well she was 1lb heavier by ykwim) i could of just put him under my jacket and come home lol - i am going to be shocking i have another sil due in august and a good friend in october my golly my poor dh and all my talk about babies lol. he is fine with it tho i think he has resigned to the fact the we will have another.

anyway those personals let me try and think back

von - am sorry about natasha being a night owl lately it is hard isn't it, the last few mornings miss lani has cried out around 5am but i don't get up to her and i fall back to sleep so i guess after a couple of minutes she goes back. dunno what to suggest. the other morning lani woke around 5am and i got straight up to her (i think i was dreaming she was crying) then she woke so i thought oh she has been crying for a while so i picked her up and gave her a cuddle and put her into our bed but she wanted to play so i put her back in her cot - she protested for 5mins max then slept till 8am so that was good. it is annoying when they wake and you can't work out why.

michelle - all geared up for holidays. i am actually looking forward to not rushing around everywhere and i am committed to get miss lani to eat more and not rely on the bottles - i tend to give her a bottle too much cause it's easier iykwim and she has really dropped off on her food intake. hope the kiddies are feeling better it was josh and jemma that weren't well wasn't it? hope they kept it to themselves and not shared it around like jay did lol.

pee - good luck with the tooth - ouchie. fantastic on deciding to buy a house i hope you find what you are looking for. it's good to see you back.

kellee - bet you're glad that dh is back sounds like a heap of mucking around with all the travel etc. charlie is sounding cute as (gees i love his name). what movie were you planning on seeing? we had gold class tickets given to us and we went and saw a movie when lani was a couple of months old and mum babysat it was wonderful - first time i had seen a movie with dh since titanic lol. i go to the pics alot with my g/friends cause i like the girly movies lol.

i am going to be doing heaps these holidays have so much on, lunch with friends, shopping dates, going out with dh, movies with the kids, might even venture into the city with mum and the kids. am even going out to see - wait for it (brian mannix, scott cairn and pheusdo echo) can't wait i am an 80's girl - well i am 36 so that was really what i was into way back then lol - the tube skirts, fluro socks and belts, lace gloves, teased hair etc etc you name it i was a fashion victim to it but i soooooo love the 80's and i just love watching chartbusting 80's on channel 31 arhhh i getting all nostaligic know. i am off to see what geneva has to say on big brother.

have a good week all

night night

Firstly welcome Hypnoharmony and Jack.

Congratualations Michelle on your darling nephew Danial, hope he doesn't turn out like every other Daniel I know, my brother is Daniel and he was a litttle terror.LOL I bet you are clucky, time to get started I reckon. Sounds like you have a busy schedule like me, this week is quiet but next week we have the Chn's hospital for Jessica's eye on Monday, Jordan has a netball day camp in Parkville on the weds to Fri, Josh has a party on the weds in Tullamarine, the bb meet is on Thurs in Werribee, and I want to go to the parents/babies/kids expo in Carlton on the Fri too, and after that I have to go to Parkville for the netball presentation for Jordan. And Jordan also has an excursion with the netball club on the sunday to watch the Kestrels play. We are going to be exhausted. Joshua very kindly passed all the germs to me and Arron and Jemma and Jessica, he is a little better but the rest of us feel very crappy worse luck.

Von- Sorry to hear that natasha hasn't been sleeping well, I found that when Jessica was waking like that it was cos she was cold. Does natasha wear a sleeping bag? How fast does a year go when you have kids? You will be outta here soon, but don't think you'll get rid of me, I'm already there with Jemma LOL. And I still cry and I am up to my 4th. I remember with my 2nd crying cos I had to put the girls clothes away, and Arron asking didn't I want a boy. I did but it was sad to put the stuff away. I haven't had to put stuff away after Jemma but now once jessica wears the stuff it will go away forever, or at least until I become an Aunty and don't you worry I will be bawling my eyes out.

Pee- hope the tooth doesn't hurt too much. Good luck with buying a house. What sort of job are you looking for, is Dh going to be doing the same or will he continue to study? Does that mean you are deferring your course?

Kellee- Welcome back, bummer about MIL not being able to take Charlie, but at least you did the next best thing. And lol at being all over each other, I think that's great, who cares if people look, at least you guys are showing your love, it should happen more often I reckon. Boy Charlie is cut (checked the website) and you weren't kidding oabout the popups. LOL

Well my microwave is stuffed so no heating anything up here including bottles and also no sterilising. Arron is etting a new one today cos we can't live without it. What a pain, not what I want to spend money on that's for sure.

Gotta run
    gotta get to the bank bf it closes and kids still haven't had lunch
    Cheers michelle

Pietta Guest

Oh Kellee Charlie is gorgeous!! He reminds me of Ryley- big big smile

Michelle I am going to defer- dont know how long for though. I am going to an interview tomorrow for a f/t trainee manager job at Coles. It's a start. 8-[
    DH is going to keep studying and looking after Ryley coz we cant get him into f/t day care at the moment. But i would prefer DH studies coz he really loves it. I have never worked f/t before so i dont know what it is like.. I am a bit scared actually. No more netball during the day- lol

Bummer about your microwave Michelle. We only just got a new one too. Cant live without them can we!

Welcome Hyphnoharmny and Jack.

Even though I am only 24 I was an 80's fashion victim too!!

Take Care all

Good luck witht he interview for the job Pee. It will be good for you to get some experience, then maybe you and DH can swap roles later on. How long can you defer for, cos you wouldn't want to waste what you have already achieved. I think you will really enjoy being out in the workforce, you'll have to play netball at nights.Lol

Microwave is all brought and up and running, $225 for the 1100w Sharp Carosel, it is stainless but the sort that doesn't mark. Now Arron says we need the stainless fridge LOL as if that's gonna happen, when we finally do need a new fridge we are going to have to think aboiut it cos the spot for the fridge is way small and not many fridges will fit in it.

Better go and get ready for bed, I am so tired all the time and it's not a good thing.

Best wishes Michelle

LMAO- I have come back cos I re read my earlier post and realised I should have wirtten Charlie is so cute! not Charlie is cut! Sorry Kellee, that's what you get when you rushlOL.

CHARLIE IS SOOOOOO CUTE!

Best wishes Michelle

Kellee Guest

LOL about Charlie being cut. I don't think he'd like that very much! He's asleep now, but for how long is anyone's guess... he woke up after about 25 minutes screaming about something, but I had a sneaking suspicion that he would go back to sleep and after 10 minutes he did! He hasn't done that since he was about 4 months old! It's great because it means he'll be in a good mood when he wakes up.

Bugger technology, Mitch. Can't live without it, pain in the arse to live with it.

Good luck for the job interview, Pee. I hope all goes well. I am a big believer in karma - if something doesn't happen it wasn't "meant" to - so if you don't get this one something else will come up, for sure. How's your tooth?

Thanks for checking out the website, gals. Still trying to get my technophobic family to visit it - I created it mainly for them so they can keep updated, but they're slackos. I went to all that work and everything... :evil:

I have a blog now too. I was going to write about the same thing in here as I did in my blog, so I'm going to be lazy and cut and paste...

I really do have to stop buying parenting magazines. I read them a lot when I was pregnant, and I saw a 2 for 1 deal on one of the publications the other day and couldn't resist buying them. The last time I read one was was through the haze of sleep deprivation when Charlie was about 2 months old, so I wasn't gagging to have another one at that particular time. But reading them now is bringing out all these feelings in me that I have never experienced before. It's very different feeling clucky when you already have a child, as you know how beautiful the whole thing can be. I was reading an article on breastfeeding that had pictures of a mother feeding a newborn, and I felt this deep ache inside, like something was missing. DH is pretty keen on having another one too (or maybe he's just keen on practicing to have another one...) so the lucky thing will be practicing with gusto until it pays off. I will keep you updated.

I am SOOOO clucky right now it's not funny. Doesn't help that Charlie is so cute and I want to make him a little friend to play with! I really hope I get pregnant soon.

Anyway, enough about me. Hope that you're all really well and that your bubs are being good to you. Chat soon.

- Kellee.

Kellee Guest

Sorry, forgot to say a big HELLO to HypnoHarmony and Jack. Look forward to chatting with you soon.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast