Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 9 Months - 12 Months, September/October '05

Thanks Tegan!!!
    Hope everyone is well and happy,we are ok here...
    Dominic slept from 10.30pm last night right through til 8am this morning,so i am very impresed with my little man and hope it continues...he didnt even wake when dad got up for work!!!
    his dribble rash is slowly clearing as i keep his clothes dry on his neck and chest so hopefully it wasnt the acid in anything and just the fact that there was too much moisture....
    he is a crabby baby today though,and wont amuse himself for more than 5 minutes at a time,and keeps finding me wherever i am and wanting to be picked up....
    i have to go to the supermarket soon,so i hope he starts behaving himself better....
    Its really quiet in here,where is everyone??

Suzie, it is normally pretty quiet in here, I think most of us are busy chasing around our babies! Welcome!

Snowy, I'm really still not sure, I thought DH was but only 5mins ago I realised he isn't really that sure, so maybe not just yet. I am still keeping a good eye on my cycles tho as they are so different after having Aidan. I hope you are enjoying being pregnant again and congrats on 'popping out'.

mel, glad to hear your holiday was great!

Colleen, I hope you, and your boob, are feeling better!

Aidan is really good, I have been working 2 days per week and yesterday he was in child care which he seems to love. I will probably go to 3 days as of November but Aidan will only be in child care for 2 as my Mum and MIL will look after him the other day alternately. Still no teeth, but lots of speedy crawling and standing up everywhere!

tegan - that sounds so cute that lily already knows how to show you what she wants! eliana loves animals too so once we get out of this house on the side of a hill we will look at getting her a dog - hope lily is over her cold too

jessica - having a blues clues party sounds great - i am busy planning eliana as we will have to have it in a park so im hoping all her little friends can some too - good to hear that aidyn is enjoying time apart from you - they definately grow up too quickly

snowy - how cute of wolf starting to walk - he will be so grown up by the time your baby arrives - hope everything is going well for you all

suzie - welcome - i know what you mean as to where the time goes to - don't think we will ever realise how fast they grow up!

colleen - hope jaykob has stopped his biting & how sweet on dp to come home early

eliana is moving around alot more though still not a definate crawl - she got a cold towards the end of our holiday which i think i am now getting - her top left tooth is taking ages to cut through (i forgot the yucky nappies that go with teething) we are going to visit relatives staying at palazzo versace tomorrow so i will see how baby proof the place is!! then im going up to my parents to stay for a few days (haven't stayed up there since july) so will be great to for eliana to spend time with her cousins

think i will go have a nap seeing eliana is sleeping

have a great weekend everyone

Hello girls,

one cranky boy is crying in his cot... he never goes down for naps on his own during the day - he needs to be either in the pram or on my chest and it's getting really hard now having him lying on my chest and belly with the belly growing (and lying flat on my back to do that is getting uncomfortable)... I have to find a new way of putting him to sleep (have been doing the chest thing since I've been p/g since I've been so tired and needed to lie down as well... I think I trapped myself there a bit...)
    How do you put yours down for a nap? In their own cot? Or will they nap anywhere? Or do you go for walks?
    I could probably try to preservere and let him cry it out but I've let him cry for up to 40 mins with no success and then his whole routine gets out of whack... arrrg.. what to do..

Oh, baby is kicking right now... wearing normal jeans and I think baby is deciding it's just too squashed in there with normal jeans and a belt, lol.

Yep, Wolf loves animals. DH brought him a st. bernard's stuffed dog back from Switzerland last night and his eyes lit up this morning when he got it. So cute!

Can somebody clue me in: what is blues clues?

Wolf took quite a few steps yesterday, up to 5 now. It's so neat!! (can't wait for the time when he can walk on his own and I don't have to carry him..., though they probably all like to be carried even when they are 3, huh?)

Snowy

Mel yeah Lily is doing alot better today. Thanks for asking.

Snowy. Blues Clues and is a blue cartoon dog on TV. That's great Wolf is walking!

Last we had to go to the after hours clinic because DF has an infected toe, anyway, there was another baby there about 13mths old i say? and Lily was so chatty and smiling heaps at this other baby. Even though the other baby didn't smile back or anything(think it was sick) but i think Lily is turing into a very big social butterfly. Might have to join a playgroup of some kind if she is this intereted in other kids. Just have to find one....

Hey everyone! Long time, no post! I have been really busy with the new business, and the longer I left coming in here, the longer I knew it would take me to catch up! So here I am finally, with the exciting news that number 2 is on his/her way! Pretty amazed, it was out first month TTC, and last time it took 6 months. Still feels unreal at the moment, we want to wait a while before telling anyone, but have heaps of get togethers over the next month or so, so I need to stock up on excuses for not drinking! Anyway, enough about me, hope everyone else is well, sounds like you are all doing great, will definitely make an effort to come in here more often!

Congratulations Beth!!!

I won't be on for about a week as i'll be going down to my mums. Jacob and I are having a break... I'm so gutted. He says after a week of thinking he's 99% sure he'll see what he's done and want us back. But i dunno, im just so heartbroken

snowny - lol at your baby trying to kick it's way out of your jeans! don't worry you are not alone with wolf's daytime sleeps - i can't get eliana to sleep in her cot during the day, haven't been able to for months cause i used to let her sleep in my arms when she was little - i have persevered many a time with the cot but it gets very trying & i figure making her upset for so long for only a 40min nap (she is cat napper) so i just put her in her pram & within minutes she is asleep - nightime in her cot is no drams she sleeps 11 hours

tegan - how sweet of sociable lily - it is cute to watch them trying to communicate - sorry to read about you spending time apart from jacob - i went through a patch like that but we didnt move out - email me if you want to talk

beth - congrats on falling pregnant first time - hope everything goes well for your pregnancy

it is still raining here in brisbane - not that im complaining cause i love the rain but i had only packed all eliana's wintery clothes away during the week! we had a great time at palazzo versace (i can't believe how expensive everything is there) but it was so nice to be in such luxury & eliana charmed everyone - her top left tooth came through & i think the one next to it is on it's way - eliana loved playing with her cousins on saturday as we haven't seen them for awhile - i have eliana's bday party invites to do today - just hope it doesn't rain on the 12th of november!

Tegan- hugs to you I hope things turn out ok after some time apart, in my experience it can be a good thing to take time out to really think!

Beth congrats on no.2!

Cheers michelle

OMG Beth, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I feel like we should be doing this together, like last time. DH and I were thinking of TTC#2 but we are still undecided, so want to wait until we are 1,000% sure! I am sooooo excited for you, and Kaleb, a brother or sister!!!!

Tegan, you know, I'm thinking of you. I know you will do whatever is best for Lily in the long run, and I hope it all works out.

Aidan must be teething, he is the crankiest I have ever seen him and he has runny, horrid poos, a REALLY runny nose and watery eyes (I think he also has hay fever) and he just isnt happy. He is staying at Nana and Grandad's as I am working tomorrow, which is almost a relief because I NEEED sleep, he wakes up at 6am every morning now. I still miss him and cant wait to see him tomorrow!

Thanks for the congrats girls! Jess, I know, it would be so great to do it together again, you were a great due date buddy! You're right, you do need to be totally sure, because there ain't no going back! 8-[ DH wanted to start TTC when Kaleb was 6 mths but I was unsure and held out for 9 mths, by which time I was definitely ready. Hmm, you'll probably need to remind me of that later on! Anyway, hope you had a good sleep last night. Aidan definitely sounds like he's teething - man, those teething poos are something else!!

Tegan, I am so sorry to hear about you and Jacob. It must be so horrible for you. Big hugs sweetheart, I hope he comes to his senses soon. :hugs:

Mel, I did the same thing, just packed all Kaleb's winter stuff away, and yesterday was so cold! But this rain is great, we really do need it!

Beth, good on you for waiting until you are ready. Somedays I am all for it, then other days (funny, those same days when Aidan has a cold, is teething, or just cranky!) I am not so sure. And Aidan has been a real grumpster lately so to be honest, psychologically I dont think I could handle it?? I should probably have more faith in myself as I have done a good job with Aidan so far, but ooooohhh imagine running around after my little man PLUS dealing with a newborn. Scary. I think I am more not for #2 at the moment because the midwife in my street just had her 4th (all boys) and she has a 2yr old, 5yr old and 7yr old and she is normally so calm and positive, but I am noticing a lot of sarcasm in her voice lately (I think she is the type of woman who would never admit defeat so I am a little worried about her, will keep an eye on her but!). That was rambling....

Tegan, hope you are doing OK?

Where is everyone else???

Mel, how is the party organising coming along?

Suzie, how is Dominic going?

Yeah doing alright over here Jess. Very emotional today though, dunno why....

Colleen Guest

Hi Everyone!

Im finally feeling better, still a bit snuffly but getting there...

Tegan, So sorry to hear of the rough patch you are going through at the moment, BIG hugs to you & I know its easier said than done but keep your chin up, distance makes the heart grow fonder, I hope thats the case for you. Please feel free to add me to msn or pm me if you want to chat!

Ive missed alot of other posts, I breezed through alot of them ~Sorry~

Jaykob unfortunetly, got my flu/cold but hes done really well, alot of green snot sorry TMI lol

We have ordered Jaykobs bday cake (getting in early) Its a toy box cake with teddies & a big one in it, wih letter blocks spelling his name, It was $80 but I think that was quite good for what it is...

Hope everyone is well, big hugs for the babies...

Colleen, i hope Jaykob gets better soon. His cake sounds really nice! I'm still trying to decide if i should make Lily's myself or not!

Not too sure if i've mentioned this or not but...Lily is clapping now! She learnt it about 4 days ago and loves doing it now. Its so cute! She can also drink out of a popper with the straw. Like how older people would suck on a straw, she's sooo clever! Only thing i can't uderstand is how can she do that but not know how to use a sippy cup? lol

Tegan Congrats on Lily being able to drink out of a popper!!! i cant work out they can use the straws but not the sipper cups either!!!
    Colleen Glad you are feeling better,but sorry about Jaykob being sick!!
    I am not happy here because Dominic is sick again!! I fell ill with the sneezing and runny nose about 2 days ago,and last night Dom went to bed at 8.30pm and everything was fine til he woke at 10.30 and then every hour after that!!! He woke and wouldnt go back to bed at 12,and he was up screaming til 2am....
    he has hardly slept today,and is now in bed (has been for about 3/4 hour...he fell asleep on the school pickup run)
    he has a snotty nose today and i am really worried about him not wanting to sleep.I hate it when we are both sick at the same time,i dont feel like i can take good care of him when i feel like i want to drop....
    i was on the verge of taking him to the hospital last night when he finally crashed out.
    I am so tired *sigh*
    Take care everyone,i hope you are all well!

I got Lily weighed and measured today!

She's 8.5kgs (18lb) and 74.5cms in length! She's tall and thin!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast