Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 06 #4

abs Guest

hmm, I'm still waiting on last years return (I only did it about four weeks ago, and they sent it back coz it was missing something)

Guess I should get a crackon and do this years soon too, whilst the receipts and memory is still good

We've had a shocker of 2 days, hopefully it will end soon thinking it's the 48hr 3month growth spurt

Oh and an absolute stinker of a poo this morning - Jen went running from the room, leaving me to take care of business. I had to start singing "la la la la laa laaah" over and over to get her giggles and dryreaching outta my head... has everyone seen that Babies and Fathers video clip (I can send it to ya if you want - tis about 2Mb) - she was kinda like that

Me, I'm being boring and setting up more new tricks on Jen's business website (including installing a Forum and tailoring it to suit her website)

Oh, I think we are going out for brunch in the morning, will be nice to go and have something more than cold toast and juice (coz we both end up looking after Jordy when one of us tries to make a nice brekkie)

How long does that ripping take to heal Jacci ?? - you say you've done it before - sounds yucky

Hey abs, hope brekkie is good.
    I can put pressure on my foot today ( which is a good sign) although i can't move it up and down or side to side. Should be right to play netball in about 6 weeks if its not too bad - i go to the Physio on monday he will let me know for sure. Its nice and black today. I got out of doing the feeding last night - was nice to have a break. mum is coming over to help me today while gav goes out bull riding.

Oh Jacci - you poor love. I hope it gets better really soon for you.

Well we have Amber's appointment for Ultrasound tomorrow so I guess we'll go from there as to what the next move is.

I am really enjoying the shopping in Perth!! Went into Harbour Town today and managed to spend $120 without batting an eyelid in Pumpkin Patch. It's strange how I can justify spending that much on her on outfits she probably wont even get that much wear out of, but cant justify buying 3 tops for $10 at the Jeans West factory outlet for me!! Weird huh?

Anyway, hope all is going well!

Sooz - I am the same as you!!! i will go shopping now adays and not even look at clothes for me anymore - i go straight for the baby clothes.

Mum and dad bought Charlie on of those big jeeps yesterday - the ones you sit in and drive or that i can remote control $799......... bloody hell!!! They are giving it to him for his christmas

morning ladies & abs.

Haven't been on for a while, coz I kept typing all these posts and then they weren't submitting properly, so I just gave up. Seems to be working ok today tho, so we'll see what happens...

Jacci - well done on doing your tax already - that's one thing about being on mat. leave - I've got to wait for someone else to do the group cert's at work, so that could be anytime. If I was doing them, they would be done on the first working day possible.

abs - hope you had a nice breakfast.
    Sooz - good luck with the u/s today.

Hope everyone is having a good day. I'l check in later, gotta get moving, lots to do before I go back to work tomorrow.

Bel

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all,

Jacci ouchies on the injury! Hope it heals quickly for you. And :eek: on Charlie's chrissy present. Aw, but what are grandparents for if not to spoil their grandkids.

Sooz, GL for Amber's u/s today.

Abs, I've seen the video. Cracked me up! Luckily Karl isn't too squeamish about changing pooey nappies, he just doesn't change it often enough for my liking. And of course BFed poos aren't as smelly, so maybe that's why!

Well, Charlie hasn't been weighed since his 8 week check, and likely won't until his next CHN appt on the 18th. But he's just about grown out of his 00 wondersuits now in length so I know he's growing, at least! Lol!

He also started staring at his hands over the weekend, so I'm getting all sooky about how quickly he's growing up!

abs Guest

morning all - actually tis just about to click over to afternoon

yep Bel, brekkie was good, what there was of it though - I could have eaten double Hope you had a pleasant 1st day back

We actually go the other way with clothes, well Jordy wise. We can't see the point in spending heaps and heaps on clothes he'll be out of quite soon. Sure he has a couple of nice outfits, but I do mean just a couple. The rest are cheap but comfy stuff from Big W etc. The onepiece suits are the best for keeping him snug and warm

And we've got a PP jumper that has 3 buttons on the shoulder. Upper body wise it looks as if it's a perfect fit, but we can't get his head through the neck hole, even with the buttons undone - very weird

Oh, and what a sleep last night. Crashed out at 5.30pm, woke very briefly at 9.30, had about half a booby of milk. Jen said he woke at 1.30, nappy change but he didn't even last to getting the nipple in his mouth. I was up at about 3.30 with him - down again at 4am. So a fairly good sleep overnight - will it repeat ?? doubt it

EDIT: Sushee, Jordy is now sucking mostly on his left forefinger, to the point of it being a little red !! Jen read somewhere that it doesn't mean he's hungry, tis just something they do tis funny the sounds though
    Last edited by abs; July 3rd, 2006 at 12:08 PM.

Snap abs, so is Charlie! I suspect he's going to be a left-hander!

On sleep, Charlie went from sleeping 8pm to 8am with only 1 wake-up at about 5am, to lately waking at 3am and 6am too. I'm hoping it's a growth spurt (again) Funny how you get used to only waking up once a night! I'm not complaining though (too much anyway) I know I'm lucky getting this much sleep!

Sush - My brother and his wife don't think they will have children so my little man is very spoilt!!!! your little charlie seems to be getting very tall. my charlie hasn't grown in length since his 8 week check up, i think he must b due a growth spurt.

bel - i went into work and done the group certificates on our last pay - thursday - but couldn't download the e tax till 1st july. hope your return to work is good. I am looking to return to work soon - i miss the money too much! but i'm sure if i start work again then i'll miss my charlie too much.

abs -
    i only ever put charlie in the one piece grow suits at night - the MCHN told me to do that when charlie was sleeping thru the day and not at night so that he would get the difference - it worked for us - so now i just keep doing it, he has heaps of little tracksuit pants and jeans and stuff, plus its so much fun to dress him up - i know he won't let me do it when he's older

Growing????(sorry abs but) i put charlie to bed last night at 8.30pm and he woke at 5.30am - does anyone know if they sleep more when they are having a growth spurt???

theresa - is the jeep good???

Hi everyone

We have been away showing abbey off in newcastle...everyone loved her and she was such a show off smiling at everyone.

abs and sushee... abbey hasfound her hands too.. she stares at them for ages and sucks on them too.. she started on her left hand but now uses both. and yes the noises are funny..and yea! for the sleep

Jacci...hope your better soon... just be thankful that charlie isn't crawling yet or it would be even harder to keep up with him lol and wow on the jeep... it sounds so cool.

Bel...bummer about going back to work tomorrow.. hopefully it all goes well.

Sooz... goodluck for the u/s.i do the same with shopping with buying stuff for abbey and not me and i love PP its all so cute... its a shame they grow out of it so quickly.

Abbey is doing really well atm.. she is a drool machine though.. hoping its not a sign of early teething...she has been grabbing her toys when she plays with them and has the longest conversations with them.. its so cute the way her voice changes from serious to happy.. i can't believe how fast she is growing up..

Forgot to mention: I got your card and the pressie inside, Theresa. Thank you!

yay on the jeep jacci, I'm sure Charlie will love it! Mark got a big remote control batmobile for christmas and he keeps threatening to strap Josiah to it and wiz him down the street!

Theresa, Janae has been really good with Josiah, except at the moment she keeps trying to kiss and hug him while he's sleeping, and trying to pick him up. She's not too rough with him though.

Gotta go change a dirty nappy...looks like he has wet through...GRRR...ooh, that reminds me - Janae has been sleeping all night in knickers and staying dry! YAY - one child fully toilet trained, I'm so excited!!

Bel

ETA: I meant to say, everyones bubs are looking gorgeous on your tickers. I saw a photo of Lisa's bubs today too - what a cutie!!
    Last edited by belgodfrey; July 3rd, 2006 at 05:11 PM.

Bel - your little boy is looking gorgeous. he has sensational eyes - but i also remeber looking at a photo of Jenae and her eyes were great too - must be from Marks side of the family there nice and dark.
    yeah on the toilet training!!

Amanda - it amazes me how charlie has made a friend out of his mobile - he talks to it all the time - i'm sure there listening to him!!!!

My little boy is growing so much - I went for a job today 10hours a week - but i just got home and looked at charlie and thought - i don't want to leave my litle boy!! - i will miss out on stuff - so i am going to hang off fo another few months and then wory about the work -isn't it funny how you can think you want something but then all you have to do is look at this little person and he changes your mind

Any way best go make some tea.

Thanks for all the well wishes kids. Got the report back from the ultrasound and it's not a hernia, rather a laxety in the stomach wall or something, but nothing is pushing thru so going back to the Dr tomorrow and seeing what the go is. Fingers crossed it's something that will fix itself as she grows.

Glad to ehar all your bubba's are growing and going along nicely. Amber's sleeping about 10 hours a night so absolutley stoked with that!

Hi everyone,

Sooz - good to hear that Amber is okay!

Jacci - I am going back to work in 2 weeks not looking forward to that!!

Bel - thanks on the little man being cute! Congrats on the toilet training! My DH is like Mark, he has bought him a romote controlled helicopter, the fact it isn't for under 12 isn't the point!

I just saw the Target biggest toy sale catalogue onlin, looks like the credit card is in for a hammering!!

Me - well my little man has post traumatic stress disorder I am sure, every Sunday (the day he was born) he is a complete nightmare, then come Monday he is good again! I must say that just overnight he has started sleeping 10 hours straight, last night though he went 12 and I got up twice to make sure he was okay!

Love to everyone else!

abs Guest

hehe one of the first things I said when we found out we were having a boy was "gooddeeee, yes dear all these toys ARE for him - he will learn how to use them when he is old enough "

argh I was gonna post something else due to what someone else wrote, but me forgot now

Oh dear Jacci, thats not good. Wow on the pressie.

Hehe Abs, I too only just did mine when Holly was 3wks old. I had everything ready except for my medical receipts. I chased up 4yrs worth of medical receipts (scripts,chiro,physio,dental, optical,medicare,glasses,surgeries,etc) in the 1wk I had off work b4 Holly was born, as we were out of pocket over the unclaimable $1500/yr threshold, & got a whoppin $2000 back, so it was worth the wait. The other thing is u can claim 2yrs worth on 1 claim, so only one $1500 threshold, which meant more return, yay.
    Yeah Holly's sucking madly on her fist but not hungry.

Sooz, PMSL. Yay on no hernia & good sleep.

Bel, hope u have a quiet day. WTG on the toilet training.

Sush, they sure do grow up quick. Holly hasn't yet discovered her hands, apart from sucking on them.

That's great news on Em, Theresa.

Amanda, no dribbling doesn't mean teeth coming thru, it's another developmental milestone. Holly started dribbling about 3-4wks ago, no sign of any teeth.

Lisa, the K-mart toy sale starts on Thu & Toys R Us are already having theirs.

Holly's 13wk/3mth checkup today: BW=4.83kg 10lb10oz, L=56cm, HC=39.5cm

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast