Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 06 #4

abs Guest

Hmm, dunno if we are aware of a 13wk/3mth checkup due ?? as jordy is the same age as holly !

but a reasonable nights sleep here (hence me being awake already) - I fed him at 11.30, back to bed right on 12 and I think Jen's only been up once overnight ?? He's almost awake now though

hi everyone,

sorry i havent had a chance to catch up on everyones posts Nixon & I just got home yesterday from our trip to Sydney. I had so much fun with my sister (her #2 4 days younger then Nix) we just giggled and lauged and caught up. Seen all my friends and fam too which was great, i had to borrow a bag of mums just to bring back allt he presents Nixon received!

Im as sick as a dog right now and really hoping Nixon does not catch it. Im going to the drs at 2pm i think its a cold but my head feels like its been hit by a train.

Nixon is great, besides the spewing. Poor boy chucks between 4-10 times between each feed. not alwyas straight after a feed sometimes coming in closer to the next feed. Been giving him colic relief for the pains which seems to have helped but still chucks just as much. Alos tried one formula feed of a night and a thickened one, hasnt made a difference exept for not pooing for 2 days then exploding in his nappy!
    getting him weighed on Friday but last week i just jumped on scales and then got him on with me and think he is about 4kg. which is a about 350g gain in 2 weeks. he could be putting on so much more if he could keep it down.....

hope everyone is well, im meant to be going to State of Origin tomorrow night but if i feel like this i really dont think i'll make it......

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Oh Nickers, poor Nixon. Though it sounds like his weight gain is excellent, so maybe it's his body's way of regulating? Charlie often spews first thing in the morning too. In fact he just did and I've only just finished cleaning up the floor, the rocker, me and him!

Shell, you're really organised! I know I'll need to organise my receipts, esp my medical ones, but spent most of yesterday completeing Zaki's High School enrolment form. Because our local (public) high school has recently ranked in the top 5 schools in the state, the school is wanting mortgage documents and other proof of residence, to make sure only residents get offered a spot. Not easy when you've used a PO Box for years! Lol! Didn't need all this when my two older kids went to school there.

But the good news is our house prices have skyrocketed Not that I'd ever move. I couldn't afford to buy here again if I did!

Abs, I think you have a check with your CHN at between 3 and 4 months. Do you have another appt?

Charlie isn't dribbling yet, just blowing bubbles. Always cracks Karl up when he does it too! Funny how kids develop at such different paces.

And speaking of inappropriate presents, Karl bought a signed Robbie Keane jersey (famous Tottenham Hotspurs soccer player for anyone who didn't know who he was, like me!) for Charlie's nursery before he was born, ie before he knew we were having a boy! Over 1/2 a grand later, it's still leaning against the wall in my room, coz he's too scared to hang it up in the nursery!

abs Guest

Bubble time here too sushee - will have to check with Jen as to whether another appt is booked

Hope you get to the game tomorrow night Nickers. I've only been to a SOO once, the first one they held in Melbourne (I think), maybe 1990 or '91. Was part of the groundcrew for the parachute jump in... we had no idea what they were doing (as in the game), so we left at half time after the boys landed

We've only had 4 chucks, plenty of little dribbles and coughing up a small amount - are you talking projectile chucks, or just a bit ??

Nickers - CozCharlie has reflux - i go through about 5 bibs a day!! I also find that he is fine after the feed but in about 2 hours time he will throw up everywere - it seems to be getting a bit better now he is getting older -apparently they can grow out it at about 3 months.

I read in the baby love book the other day that babies dribble until about 18months - thats when they learn they actually have to swallow the saliva instead of letting it drible out

Well i just had one of my friends over and she got married a month before me - her and her husband have seperated. Its very sad - they have only been married 18 months. but if your not happy then its time to go!

yeah most vomits are projectiles and rather large.
    Doctor prescribed him with Zantec so he is to have 0.5ml twice a day, so we'll see how he goes on that.
    Im just hoping he doesnt catch my cold, need to watch his temp. Basically all i can have is panadol and some nasal spray. Hopefully i can kick this in the butt soon i have plans for every day this week.
    Abs- since being in Syd do u follow NRL any more? DH & I just cannot get into the AFL down here i've tried but it just does not interest me and dont understand half the rules!
    Ive been pretty dissapointed since being here there is little or no info on NRL so was pretty excited when they announced SOO 3 was here! should be a good game as its the DECIDER!!!!

Jacci- Thats terrible re your friend seperating, seems to happen so often these days, but as you said if they are not happy whats the point?

Nixon didnt poo properly for almost 2 days and luckily last night just before putting him to bed he went. Talk about exploding! OMG!! luckily it all stayed in but i was amazed how much there was, DH was more amazed at the sounds his son was making whilst letting it all out!! He did another HUGE one thismorning just after changing him. i guess he was making up for not doing any for a while!

abs Guest

Thats awful Jac, but it's probably for the best long term

Nickers, I've never gotten into the NRL - plenty of rules I don't understand. I only went to one AFL game which was in about 1976 with my papa, Essendon vs Hawthorn (I was about 11 at the time). My team is at the bottom I believe

And not going for 2 days is basically standard here, but then Jordy does 2 decent goes at filling his nappy within a few hours. Jen got em both today - hehehe... I did offer to help, but she was mostly finished by the time I realised what was going on... hey I was downstairs working

Charlie fills his nappy -about once a day - unfortuatly normally at about 4.30 am when i really just don't feel like changing it!!!!! although when i was breastfeeding it was normally every 2 days

i

I so feel your pain re: bulk chucking after meals. I usually have to do at least one if not two complete outfit changes after every feed.

Charlie had such a weird night last night - i fed him about 8.30pm and he slept till 1 am - so i kept putting his dummy in his mouth and pushed his feed out till 3am - then he woke at 6 am but i pushed that out till 7am then i fed him and put him back to bed and he woke at 10am i picked him up sat him on my chest and he has gone back to sleep. normally i get up at 4am and thats it til about 8am. they say that a sleeping baby is a growing baby - he has slept heaps more lately than normal.

Abs, yeah I checked my blue book & there was no 'carbon copy' checkup pages like there was for 9wks, maybe they check them mthly for 6mths.

Oh Nickers, hope ur feeling better soon & Nixon can keep his food down more.

Sush, wow on the High School, but bugger on the paperwork, hehe. Actually I wasn't organised, had to sort out all our receipts to find ones I needed (eg: glasses) & just asked for tax printouts from chiros & chemists etc for the rest.
    Hehe on the Jersey, men huh, my DH was lookin at remote control toys b4 we knew too & said oh we could get this for bub & I can play with it until he's old enuf, yeah right.

WTG on the sleep Jacci.

Yep exploding nappies here too still, Holly saved one up for mums group (5boys,2girls) yesterday & farted like a trouper to get it out, yuk, had to change her clothes again, only a little got out though, hehe, still going about every 4 days.

Hi everyone!

Well, I survived my first day at work yesterday, but can I tell you I'm knackered today!! Don't know how I worked so much before! Also went to the gym this morning for the first time since I found out I was pregnant, so I guess that contributes to the tiredness.

I really feel for all of you that have reflux bubs. Josiah was a bit spewy for a few weeks, but he seems to be ok now, except when I eat something I know I shouldn't - or drink softdrink - which I shouldn't be doing anyway. As far as poos go, I get at least one a day, if not 2. My stepmum was concerned when I picked him up yesterday that he hadn't done any all day, but once I got him home I got 2 HUGE nappy fillers in the space of about 1/2 an hour!

Schools - what highschool is zaki going to sush? Is anyone planning on sending bubs to private school? Has anyone even thought about it? I'm only asking coz we are now trying to sort out school for Janae coz she starts kindy next year, and the waiting lists are pretty long. We rang to get her on the list for a private school near here and they asked if I had any other children. At the time Josiah was only 2 weeks old, but they told me to put him on the list coz when they're accepting enrolments they look at how long you've been on the list. We've ended up enrolling Janae in a public school near Marks work (no way I'm sending her to our local public school!) until she gets into the school I want her to go to. Some women were calling from the hospital to get their kids on waiting lists! Just something to think about.

K, off to clean the house in 20minutes before Mark gets home - it looks like a bombs hit it!

Bel

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Bel,

It's Willetton High. We moved here for the High School, not that it stopped my DD from dropping out at Year 10, mind you. I had looked into All Saints but with 3 kids all going to high school within the space of 4 years, it would have bankrupted me! Lol! And in the end WSHS ranked better than them anyway.

We are intending on still being in this house when Charlie goes to school. I talked to Karl about private school but Karl doesn't think it's necessary until High School, if at all, so we have some time still to think about it. If WSHS is still doing well, we're just as likely to keep going public.

hi people.

went to the Kmart toy sale today - it was mahem!!!! LOTS OF PEOPLE!!!! lots of prams
    gee there are some rude people in the world! people just push u out the way!
    got some great toys for Charlie - he was very well behaved.

Schools- there is only 2 high schools in portland so even to go to the private its not that expensive. and the private primary school is cheap too.

Can i ask how much school does cost in perth?

well we just booked another holiday to Queensland in december - can't wait

Jacci- i went into the Myer sale yesterday & was hardly worth all the effort.
    one person stole my parking spot when i was sitting there with my indicator on, when it was about to happen a second time, i wound down the window & said it was my spot the car almost side swiped me with the s#its.
    get in there, like u said prams everywhere, rude ppl everywhere. Nixon was crying the whole time. i picked him up he spewed all down me.
    everything was a mess i was walking around in circles.
    in the end i saved $8, on a baby present for a friend, forgot to get another baby present for another friend, got nothing for myself or Nixon and was put in a bad mood for the rest of the day! next time i'll just spend the extra $8 to avoid all of the above!

oh but on a positive note..... Nixon slept from midnight to 8.30am just feeding him now!
    what a good boy for mummy to let her have a good sleep and rejuvanate!!
    Last edited by Trillian; July 7th, 2006 at 12:34 PM. Reason: two posts in a row

abs Guest

good boy Nixon

we've been doing a little better ourselves too - I think one less feed during the night, makes a world of difference

gee nickers just when u thought your day couldn't get any worse it just kept going and going!!!!!! great sleap last night.

hope your sleeps are getting longer too abs

KelliC Guest

Hello everyone,
    I hope you are all well!

In regard to scholls my girls go to a Public Primary Scholl that I am very happy with. My eldest DD goes to a CAtholic Girls Private School (costs about $5000) a year. I plan on sending all my girls there. I have a secured a new Job in Operations 4pm-Midnight which means Noel can look after Olivia and we dont have to worry about childcare which is a bonus. I missed the money too much not to work.

Nickers,
    you certainly had a bad day, I had one of those the other day, Olivia just screamed not stop whilst I tried to do the shopping, not fun! Yeah on Nixon sleeping through.

Abs,
    Yeah on the 1 less feed per night, Olivia still wakes once or twice during the night.
    I hope Jen is doing well.

Olivia's demanding my attention. Be back soon.

KelC

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast