Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 16th-30th 2009 #1

Well, that makes it easier to deal with knowing I'm not the only one!! I just can' remember with Noah if he did that and I suppose knowing it is normal behaviour that will grow out of rather than being a problem we need to try to do something about iykwim

Well you know how I said PIL wentback to nz well last monday fil came back cause he got some work over here so he's staying with us and the comp is in ths spare room wherre he is s

Jas, difference with the last ones is we probably didn't notice it in the same way. More than likely saw it as an opportunity to get a nap!

Bummer about comp. You'll have to move it lol.

Lol You're probably right Ozzie! Its just fnny that they will sleep so well by themselves at night (which I'm very haapy about!) but not during the day..at least I know he CAN sleep by himself and soon or later he will choose to stay asleep for longer during the day without me holding him

morning all

sorry it's been awhile. just busy busy busy

lachlan is going well, he's such a heffalump - i weighed him on thurs and he's 5.1kg! I'm so surprised.... he was 3.42kg when born. the CYH midwife said nothing so i guess it's normal. He's SUPER long now - not sure of how long but i'm struggling to swaddle him in his blankies anymore. so bought him a proper swaddling thing and he HATES IT. we call him houdini hands cos no matter how tight you wrap him he'll get his hands out. But he can't in this thing so he screams til he finally wears out.

Well last week he was sleeping 4 hours between feeds at night - last night was 2.5 hours max. only drinking 1/2 a bottle then falling asleep - refusing anymore and at one stage woke up one hour later screaming for more - so i'm T.I.R.E.D.

Have all but given up BF - he just takes an hour to feed, and an hour later he's hungry again. i've been expressing as well to increase supply but not much is happening to be honest. i'm very upset about it but as my mum said he's had 6 weeks and i've given it my all. I've seen a LC twice but it's just not working! i want to cry!

TMI ALERT! on a better note - we've dtd a couple of times. is getting easier, but slightly painful - think near stitch area?

nell nell - do they demand more food during growth spurts? maybe that's what's happening atm? I hear you on the decent convo front. i've been going out a lot visiting (to escape cabin fever) and i'm sure people think i'm 'simple-minded' cos halfway through a convo i just stop and have a blank look on my face. LMFAO. to DTD.

berrme & jas - OMG to babies sleeping through the night - how do you get them to do that? a gfs baby does that and .... i just wonder are you drugging them (joking) ... cos there is NO WAY lachlan would sleep through night. i get weirded out when he goes 4 hours! i want a sleepy baby!(although he sleeping in Hug a bub cos he cranky cranks this morn and i need some 'me time).

Cass and Melanie - I hear you both on choosing your battles with toddlers. Sometimes I hear myself.......negative this, negative that, no....not now....please don't......and I really have to make an effort to think positively, so I can talk positively to DD. Sh'e not being naughty, just wanting my attention (like she used to have before her brother started taking up all my time!). Sleeping makes a huge difference to EVERYTHING, and that's what seems to make the first couple of months so hard. Relationships really suffer when people are sleep deprived.

I'm looking after both kids on my own for 3 days and nights as DH has gone away. Tonight went well (well crazy hour went well anyway) so lets hope I can keep it together until DH arrives home on Friday.

I've been doing some serious thinking about my fascination of pregnancy, birth and bubs and been looking into midwifery. I would LOVE, more than anything else to study a Bachelor of Midwifery and work in the field...........BUT, reality is that 3 years of study (at approx $14000) and 3 years without working would be detrimental to my family financially. And even if I did complete the course, I'd be entering the workforce on a wage approx $30,000 per annum less than I earn currently as a teacher. So I've been looking into getting into the business without becoming a nurse and the only thing I can come up with so far is a doula. Jas, I noticed that you are a doula. How do you find it? Where did you do your course? How do you find it works with your family life?

Sorry about the waffle but I feel somehow I've missed my calling and that I'm not going to be able to fulfill this dream. I know money isn't everything but darn it would make things a lot easier sometimes.

mustangsachy - 1. so sorry to hear about the b/f. If this is the end you can congratulate yourself on giving Lachlan the best start. Sounds like he's thriving.
    2. Block your ears (or close your eyes) when reading about babies sleeping through the night. Not taking away from Melanie and Jas (lucky buggers) but what you are experiencing is normal. Master K is lucky to get 4 hours between feeds and most of the time he feeds at 7pm, 11pm, 2am, 4am, 6am. So far his longest stint between feeds was 6 hours when he was 8 days old....and I spoiled it by waking him as my boobs were about to burst. I remember my DD did two 6 hour blocks at 6 weeks so I'm hoping that DS will be doing the same sometime this week (YEAH RIGHT)

I really should be in bed - sleeping, so thats where I'm headed while the going is good. Fingers crossed for a good night for everyone.
    Last edited by nellnell; June 9th, 2009 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Terrible spelling

lordy lordy lordy! i'm sooooo T.I.R.E.D.

Lachlan didn't sleep v well the night before and not at all y-day + not feeding well. i had no idea what was going on, but same was happening last night so i rang CYH who told me to ring the locum - i rang at midnight and they here 1.30am.... well lachlan DEF has colic. BAD colic. dosed him on brauer and managed to get 5.5 hours broken sleep all up. so blody tired though. i look like i've been out clubbing all night.

anyone elses baby experiencing this. it's frustrating for us but i imagine he's in lots of pain? any tips?

btr go - he stirring

Morning everyone,

It is soooo cold up here at the moment and I'm not sure if I'm under or over dressing Oliver. At night Ive been having him in a short sleeve body suit with a long sleeve long leg onesie, then wrapped in a blanket with about 2 blankets halved again over that. I feel him all night and he's not hot or anything but i just think it seems a lot and you would think it would be heavy. Does anyone use those sleeping bag things?
    Both my boys are sick at the moment. Samuel has a viral infection, coughing and snotting everywhere and poor Oliver has picked it up. His nose isn't too bad, he can still feed and suck a dummy but he is snorting and coughing.
    I feel so sorry for you guys whose babies aren't sleeping well. It's so hard when there like that. My first son was a horrible sleeper and that's one of the things i dreaded at the end of my pregnancy. Ive been blessed with my baby. He sleeps from 9.30pm to 5am & sometimes he'll have a feed around 3. Do you think i should be waking him for a feed? Or just leave him to sleep through. It just seems so early for him to be sleeping through because my last son still doesn't and he's nearly 4!
    Oliver wasn't sleeping well during the day though. Every time I'd put him down in our room he'd wake up 10mins later and id have to hold him all day. Now Ive been putting him on a pillow in the lounge room and his fine. Will sleep well if he is near the noise. We tend to struggle all afternoon with sleep and wind. Oh he gets a lot of wind. Ive been giving him the colic relief and infants friend so that helps. But he just cries and cries for a good hour or two. Not screaming just like a dull cry. I burp him all day so i dunno. Wind is so annoying isn't it. I'm just so tired from having to look after both the kids all day. It is so hard having the two i reckon. Sam is just so demanding.
    I think I'm the only one in here who hasn't dtd yet. I actually still have the end of the bleeding.. Does anyone else have this or is this something i should be concerned about?

hang in there ms and m22. sorry about the one handed typing!

really hoping you can get things worked out mustangsachy. I dont have any advice about colic but it sounds like you are on the ball with seeking support.

m22 - i thought master k had wind about 2 weeks ago. he still burps heaps and spews too but i think its particularly bothering him now. i hear you on being tired looking after 2 kids. I didnt stop bleeding until 6 weeks with my first, and was told this was normal.

Hi everyone. I've been MIA. just busy. i'm typing one handed right now because i have Lachlan on my lap. lol We are both doing well. Lockie is feeding well and sleeping ok. He goes to bed at 8-ish and wakes up around 1-2am then sleeps for about 3 more hours. then another hour or 2. It's getting better. He has some trouble bringing up his wind but we are dealing with it. He loves his dummy. My other boys didn't take one so this is new to me. It's fantastic! He has a bad case of baby acne right now so he's not looking the cutest. lol

I think i've finally stopped bleeding. About time too Now i guess i don't have an excuse to reject dh. lol I'm so fat and flabby....not feeling too sexy right now.

Amanda, I've been putting pretty much the same on Elijah. I've got Oskar in a grobag but he's woken a couple of times early since it cold snapped cos he was cold. Elijah seems to be fine mostly but I think around 3:30/4am he's possibly getting a little chilly cos he's been getting wrestless then. I would let him sleep if he's happy to sleep too btw. As for the crying in the arvo... Elijah is like that in the arvo, wants to feed a lot more and he is generally more grizzly than the rest of the day. I'd say it's part of "witching hour". We haven't dtd either and today marks the 8 week mark..lol...ooops, but having said that - Andy has been away 4 days last week and this week, just got back again today.

Nell, I'm touching wood saying this.... Elijah sleeps usually from about 9:30/10pm until 5-7am. I'm really scared having said that now though...lol. He only started a couple of weeks ago. Oh I've been trying not to do the "no, stop, don't" etc too much too and I find it soooo hard sometimes. The other thing I hate is that he's actually had more smacks in the last month than ever I reckon. I hate smacking and I'm struggling at times to find a better way when I've exhausted my other options and it seems my words are falling on deaf ears and time out only works on some things other things he doesn't care. Any suggestions? I've tried suggesting a "reward" for better behaviour. I really don't want to smack my baby I don't have such a problem when it's entailed dangerous behaviour though cos I believe they need to learn that very quickly. I just really want to do gentle parenting as much as I can. I've just done my second stint of 4 days/3 nights on my own. Man, it's a challenge between 5-8pm I reckon. Wow is all I can say! Who knew you could do so much in so little time haha.

Sacha, to you. I am sorry but I can't help you there. I imagine if it's anything like heartburn/reflux like I got when pg with Elijah then it would definitely be hurting the poor little guy I hope that it gets better asap.

The time has come - ALREADY - and I don't wannaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa but Friday morning 10:15 Elijah will be getting his needles Boohoo, I HATE this bit. I really hate it. *sighs* my poor baby.

Oskar has just gone with daddy to Bunnings... woohoo I'm down to one child right now - BLISS! It's the one who can't talk back yet or run away or run wild lol. No constant explaining or talking to be done right now and OMG it's like being in paradise I swear. So lovely and quiet apart from the tap tap tap of the keyboard and the tv in the background. Ooooooooh so lovely...lol. I do love when he gets home though and runs in all excited to tell me what he's seen when he was with daddy.

Hi All!

I'm new to Belly Belly and am just finding my way around. My DS was born on 25 April 2009 at 4.31pm, 3.322kgs after an induced labour. No complications though, which was great! I was induced because my obs was getting worried about my blood pressure (I have type 2 diabetes, and had to have injections during the pregnancy).

I'm adjusting to being a mum fairly well (I think), though there are some down days! Hope you hear from you ladies soon!

WELCOME Annachas! lovely ladies here you'll really like it my DS was born the day before your bubba - and my bday is 26th so you're in good company LOL

Lachlan has been going ok the last few days. went to my mothers group again run by CYH and all the babies are at least 6 weeks older - some are sleeping thru the night! i was gobsmacked! where can i get one?

have totally given up BF. am happy did 6 weeks and resolved to not 'mother guilt' myself that it didn't work out. he's a happy chubba bubba and putting on weight-300 odd grams in last week so

how do i get a 'baby ticker?' i've tried a few times but think preg brain has flown into mother brain! LOL

xx

YAY worked it out with DP's help

Quote Originally Posted by Mama2two View Post
    Morning everyone,

It is soooo cold up here at the moment and I'm not sure if I'm under or over dressing Oliver. At night Ive been having him in a short sleeve body suit with a long sleeve long leg onesie, then wrapped in a blanket with about 2 blankets halved again over that. I feel him all night and he's not hot or anything but i just think it seems a lot and you would think it would be heavy. Does anyone use those sleeping bag things?
    Both my boys are sick at the moment. Samuel has a viral infection, coughing and snotting everywhere and poor Oliver has picked it up. His nose isn't too bad, he can still feed and suck a dummy but he is snorting and coughing.
    I feel so sorry for you guys whose babies aren't sleeping well. It's so hard when there like that. My first son was a horrible sleeper and that's one of the things i dreaded at the end of my pregnancy. Ive been blessed with my baby. He sleeps from 9.30pm to 5am & sometimes he'll have a feed around 3. Do you think i should be waking him for a feed? Or just leave him to sleep through. It just seems so early for him to be sleeping through because my last son still doesn't and he's nearly 4!
    Oliver wasn't sleeping well during the day though. Every time I'd put him down in our room he'd wake up 10mins later and id have to hold him all day. Now Ive been putting him on a pillow in the lounge room and his fine. Will sleep well if he is near the noise. We tend to struggle all afternoon with sleep and wind. Oh he gets a lot of wind. Ive been giving him the colic relief and infants friend so that helps. But he just cries and cries for a good hour or two. Not screaming just like a dull cry. I burp him all day so i dunno. Wind is so annoying isn't it. I'm just so tired from having to look after both the kids all day. It is so hard having the two i reckon. Sam is just so demanding.
    I think I'm the only one in here who hasn't dtd yet. I actually still have the end of the bleeding.. Does anyone else have this or is this something i should be concerned about?

Don't worry about the bleeding for about another two weeks, if it hasn't stopped or you are getting a green discharge with blood or without then go to Dr. I didn't stop bleeding for about 7 weeks with my first and Dr told me that up to 8 weeks is ok as long as flow is getting steadily less.

mustangsachy, am glad that you are not letting yourself feel guilty. The fact that you are making sure your little one doesn't go hungry (and were able to feed for 6 weeks and actually tried) means that you are a great mum!!

Welcome Anna

Sacha, you did a great job As for sleeping through, they all get there in their own time. Remember they are as you said at least 6 wks older!

Well my baby had needles today Also weighed..... he is now - get this - 6 kg!! YUP 6! I was like OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS! He's only 8 wks old! Mr porky lol. So cute though and into clothes Oskar was wearing at 3 months old.

Oh and Mel, we went to Chipmunks yesterday for playgroup and it's GREAT!! Oskar had a blast - hurt himself on the mega huge slippery dip which I was surprised he went down anyway but he was ok after a little cry and some of my hot chocolate lol.
    Last edited by Ozziehoffy; June 12th, 2009 at 08:27 PM.

Hi everyone.

Just joined belly belly today and I am very excited to see there is group for the April babies.

My name is Maryann and my bub Jack is 7 weeks old and born on the 24th of April. He is my first bub and weighed 8 pound 11 ounces and 54 cms long. Jack was born via C section and I found the whole experience very enjoybale.

Baby Jack had a heart murmer detected at birth and since then we have discovered that he has a cardiac condition called a pulmonary stenosis. Doctors rate this condition as mild to severe and its most likely that Jack will need an operation within the first year. I try not to think about it too much but knowing this makes me a very "paranoid mummy".

Looking at Jack though you would never guess there is an issue. He sleeps well ( 5 hour blocks at night) and feeds well (formula).. I feel blessed and would call him an "easy baby" and we just adore him and spend way too much time staring at him!!!

Gonna go back now and read all the April mum posts and try to get an understanding of who is who.

C Ya - Jacks Mummy - needs help with a ticker and has no idea how to do this???

Hello Ladies! Thanks for the friendly welcome! Hi Jack's Mummy! Good to see I'm not the only newbie here! Sorry to hear about Jack's condition, but am glad that he is doing well.

Being a first time mum, I'm not quite sure if I'm doing the right thing most of the time! DH says I'm doing fantastically and DS is happy and growing (we was 5kg at this 6 week check up, after being 3.3322kg at birth). Still, I do have a lot of insecure moments.

Completely bottle feeding now (have done since about week 2-3). Unfortunately, there was a lot of guilt going on with not being able to breastfeed. Feel better about it all now though. DH's family have been fantastic with everything and I'm thankful for their support and advice.

Haven't DTD yet - feel very, very unattractive at present.

Had my 6 week check up yesterday. All good and everything's ok so that's one less thing to worry about!

DS is a bit unsettled this week. Not sure if it's because of the cold or a growth spurt or what. He is usually so good at napping during the day, but this week has been an off week. We've had 2 nights in the past 2 weeks where he has slept from 11pm to 6.30am - we're hoping for more of those! Usually though, DS only wakes up once during the night (around 3am) for a feed and then it's back to sleep straight away. Am grateful that he doesn't need much settling at night!

JacksMummy - I just went to Lilipie.com and followed the steps to get the ticker - though it did take a while until I got it completely figured out!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast