Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 1st - 15th 2008 #1

Beatrix enjoy your night out and glad to see exDH is doing his bit to give you that night out. I'm having fun getting a superhero party together, naming the drinks and food ATM - intend to make superhero cutout cookies sometime in the next few days - hopefully DH can occupy the kids whilst I do that part.
    Screaming baby - GTG.

Leyla,it could be sick of some sort, or tummy ache, or temporary heartburn or detox - the skin leads me to believe detox. I have laid down and held Ci while he cries. Sometimes I just have to, I figure I'm there, and if he needs a cry then I'll let him cry. The only time crying is really bad is if they're left alone or if you don't try to search for a cause first. Once all possibilities as far as you can gather have been eliminated, then cry on cowboy, mamas here. As long as you are there, you need not stress. I've found success most of the time by laying him on my chest, stomach to stomach, and rolling from side to side on the bed. He has fallen asleep like that, but mostly it just shuts him up . Another type of "bedrock" tool. Did it last night, actually. He still has a cold so he's been a nightmare for a week. Not much sleep going on here. But I made a deal with myself before he was born - I WILL NOT GET OUT OF BED TO SOOTHE HIM after bedtime!! And I never have, not once. And he has learned to figure it out in bed or give up, cos I ain't starting that rollercoaster. I sometimes sit up if he is spitting milk up, or coughing, of course. I don't force him horizontal if he needs assistance. All day I bounce and rock and whatever he wants/needs and he is carried constantly by someone who loves him in the family but mostly me. His life is beautiful and loving. So at night, it's all done on the bed, usually laying down. I'm half asleep all night even though last night, God bless 'im, he fed every half an hour cos it unblocks his nose.

Kill me now.

it's not so bad, I'm gonna nap today.

Chiro this morning, his neck keeps blowing out, you should see the lump!
    Last edited by Fire; August 7th, 2008 at 08:03 AM.

Hi all,
    Just popping in to say we are off for a weigh in and vaccs today....gonna be a long and probably crabby day for BJ...but he's been so perfect of late, Im not too concerned!!!
    Will try and pop in for personals later

Very excited here today ... DH put Liam down in his cot last night *awake* and then left him... 10 mins later he had put himself to sleep! He did it again this morning (at 5 am) and it worked again! I'm trying now and we'll see what happens... He's never done this before. Remember - Liam can't hold his own dummy in so that means he's been getting to sleep without the dummy and just by sucking his own hand! Clever little boy!

Also, it's mummy's group today so I'm really looking forward to that!

Must go & check how he's doing (he's awfully quiet)...

Have a good day all!

Do personals later....

Butterfly_Princess Guest

AHH my little pumpkin slept 8pm-7am!! NO wake up! I was so cencerned when Ben came home at 6:30 and id realised she hadnt had a feed, and i went in and the poor little darling was fast asleep with no blankies on her, she had kicked them off. She was still warm so i didnt wake her, i just put her fluffy blankie over her and tucked it into the cot.
    HMM now i need to think of how i can keep the blankies on her so she doesnt kick them off and potentially get too cold. I know she will wake and let me know if she is cold, but id still like to keep her nice and warm and snug
    Isabell is 6 kilos, or just over, now. Such a chubba lol. And she is rolling. I finally managed to get a video of it so Ben can see and believe me, he just happened to miss it the first time by about 3 or so mins. I cant seem to put her on her tummy now, she just rolls off of it lol.
    Sorry, no personals atm, but ill come in when i get isabell down for her sleep. (she slept twice for 2 hours yesterday!! Im hoping she will do the same today, all that rolling must have tired her out!)

Meg- That's so great she gave you a reprieve! About covers/ keeping warm/ not being kicked off I LOVE grobags. You can get them in different weights, the .5 feels like a double sheet and the 2.5 feels like a nice heavy blankie. If you google babygurgles you'll find probably the cheapest new ones even after conversion from dollars to pounds and paying shipping. I bought mine for $85 before I found them online.

Lila's back to getting up at 4am and wanting to feed and then play for hours. I'm really really over it, I got angry this morning even though it was pretty irrational. If she'd do that every night, then ok, but its cruel to give me a night or two off and then go back to being a pain. I find she creeps halfway down the cot in the night. This morning I gave up around 8am. Marched DH out of bed, gave him the baby and announced I wanted to sleep for a few hours and he'd better keep her happy so she didn't wake me up. I'm not usually that bossy or demanding but I think it works in my favor because when I am, he snaps to attention.

Anyway, off to hang out some nappies and make some tortillas and sort the meat from yesterday's butcher run... Wooo.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Could i still wrap isabell if I were to use a grobag?

Meg apparently grobags are the next step up from wrapping. If you're getting a lot out of wrapping then I'm not sure if a grobag would suit. Although it may, I haven't used one and have seriously considered it. I think I wanna buy one on ebay.

Toni that is so cool! Big step.

Meg, you too! Such a big sleep!

Steph that sucks. DD used to do that at 4am. FWIW, I can't remember when but I know it wasn't long before she was sleeping from 7pm until 7am - and she still is, six years later.

Hi everyone

meg
    that's incredible! sleeping all night, PLUS long naps! did you do anything differently, or did it just happen by itself?

nettie, how wonderful of liam to put himself to bed. how were you getting him to sleep before? just dummy, or did you rock him to sleep?

steph you must be exhausted. those middle-0f-the-night wakeups are the worst. hope they stop soon. and i know exactly what you mean about the inconsistency - it's a little trick babies use to torment tired parents .

bw hope your vacs go well.

not much news from me - just very tired. i'm really hoping dd will extend her naps soon because half an hour is just so short. i want to try getting her to fall asleep by herself (as opposed to being rocked/fed to sleep, then put down) but it's so hard to find the time with a demanding 4-year-old as well.

now my half-hour's up now so must go...

Meg- I have wrapped her and put her in a grobag, I used a light muslin one since the grobag was heavier and pinned the wrap so she wouldn't get tangled or anything. Usually I don't bother anymore, and the putting on of the grobag signals bedtime.

Janine- thanks for the encouragement. I feel like such a brat whining here, Lila's such a good baby and I get heaps of help but still. Sometimes its all just a bit much. I was crabby with her this morning and I'm sure she remembers and is kind of standoffish because of it. I feel so bad.

Mgm- good luck with the day naps. Lila kind of has them lately, but only with me (fine, I can use the rest) and wakes up the second I move away.

Hi everyone!!

Steph- hopefully she goes back to normal soon

Meg- Im so so gald that she is settling for you, possibly sounds like it could have been a wonder week or two for you.

Nettie- fabulous self settling you have got htere, what a clever guy

mgm- i know how hard it is when you just want them to settle, plus having other kids to entertain. You are doing a great job.

BW- Hope the vacs went ok

Fire- how much are the ebay grow bags?

Well i went and got MJ weighed today and its kinda not good.. She has lost 80grams from her prevous weigh in 5 weeks ago and is only 5.4kg. Im hoping that maybe the bronciolitis when she was sick is why she lost weight.. or maybe cause she has grown 5 cm in that time as well

beatrix, is that the wonder weeks of the book you refer to? if so, what is that book like? a woman makes good grobags on ebay and sells them for about $30. my friend is happy with the one she bought.

Steph, don't apologise. this is the hardest thing a person can do, raising kids. esp this stage. makes us appreciate all the crap our parents put us through, eh . and trust me, you'll get cranky with her many more times yet! and feel guilt every single time. and you'll both forget all about those times - every single time.

Mgm - we were rocking him to sleep. BTW - he didn't want to repeat the trick for the day sleeps (although he fell asleep in the pram this arvo which is unusual) - but that's cool. If he only wants to do it at night, I'm ok with that!

Had mothers group today but only had 3 of us turn up which is disappointing. Was nice to chat with 2 other mummies though!

Nessa - I was going to weigh Liam today, but ran out of time. I'm sure MJ is doing what's normal for her and will put weight on again soon...

Meg/Steph/Janine - about gro-bags. Every one that I have seen has a big red tag saying "high fire danger" on it. This worries me - does it concern you? It's why I haven't bought one yet. Liam seems to be losing his startle reflex so hopefully we can get him in one soon. I saw one at a shop in town that was made from alpaca wool - looked very good... expensive, but good

Meg - lucky you on the sleepthrough!

BW - good luck with vacs. Nice new ticker photo too!

Janine- Please please, do you have the tickle turdle wrap pattern? I'm making my second batch and even working from my old ratty ones I'm having trouble remembering the edging. And of course, the website has disappeared and I can't find my copy. Argh. As for the guilt, well, she's smiling at me again at least...

Nettie- I am somewhat concerned about the whole fire danger, but not very much. She's never around anything that would ignite. BTW if you can get your hands on alpaca, its worth every cent and I'd say go for it. Alpaca is soooo wonderful. I'm a bit of a fibres nerd, I love pure natural stuff, its so good to use with baby. Alpaca does shed a little bit but no big deal really...

Beatrix- Its normal to have weight fluctuations, isn't it? Like you said, she has been sick and I'm sure she'll make it up in no time.

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Beatrix - The only thing i did diff was wrap her then feed her then put her in the cot. I think she had a empty tummy, or was just hungry. I dont think its a good thing to do, to feed her when she wakes, then 1.5 horus later before she goes to sleep, but it seems to be the ONLY thing that works..so i dont know..

High fire danger could possibly just mean it is a natural fibre, which is actually what I look for in clothing for us. Synthetics may not burn, but they melt, which is much worse!

Steph, I have the pattern here somewhere. I'll see if I can write the edging out or scan and upload it to my blog for a few days so you can copy it. I have to find it first, and that will be a small miracle in this place at the moment.

Meg hope the change in sleep pattern lasts and isn't caused by something else, or more that the unsettledness was caused by something and she is back to normal now. DD had a change in pattern for the worse and seemed to be related to her having sinus pains - doctor says she is fighting of the infection well herself so no need to give her anything, but the sleeps are like you are describing with your little one.

Belle I find that DH listens when I get snappy/bossy too. I got a special break last night, not only did DS sleep with DH, DD slept from 11.30pm to 5.30am with a poo then wanted to play, I waited until 6.45am then went and had a shower with DD gave her to DH at 7am and DS didn't wake until 7.45am. I feel like I got a good night's sleep. 8.15am and DD has gone back to sleep which means I won't be taking DS to daycare until late again today. He's happily watching Scooby Doo anyway.

Fire Do you know if there is any particular nutrient deficiency that would heighten panic or anxiety - triggered, not panic attacks. Just seems that the panic level is greater than they should be for the trigger. DH thinks that maybe I'm missing something as I can rationalise that I am overreacting after the initial panic.

Hi girls, just checking in.

Had an awful night with Baxter last night, one of the worst since he was a newborn! I really went off routine yesterday by going to town and meeting a friend for lunch, he had barely an afternoon nap at all and that sent things into a spin from 2.30am - 5.00am this morning!

Think today will be a pyjama day...

Otherwise, immunisations on Tuesday. Hoping he will sleep like last time so I can do footy club books, (I'm the treasuer).

Have a friend coming for coffee this arvo so need to clean the house a little.

Have a great weekend all.

SG
    xo

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast