Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 1st - 15th 2008 #1

Hey!!

thought i would pop in!!

been having hard time with bf but we seem to have passes it now!! Unfort when she was sick she lost a bit of weight. so in 5 weeks instead of putting on she lost 80g and they are meant to put on a average of 100g a week.
    as getting her weighed again today to see if the more frequent feeds have helped.

Nettie- Mj is only 5.5 kg (well last thursday was) so she is a mini one too. sounds like you have a real little charmer there!!

Steph- thats great about lilas setlling!! you must be doing extremly well and good at picking up her signs

Shoe- am going to check out that site. thanks. congrats on the job!!

any way mj restless

Quote Originally Posted by Nettie View Post
    SG - I was very excited to see Kobie McGurk on TV yesterday! Go Hockeyroos!!!

Well, we had our 4 month follow-up with Neo-Natal today.

Liam is now 5.7 kgs and 60.5cms long with a hc of 41cm. I think he's small for his age, but they tested his development too (with a physio and also a paed) and he seems to be well advanced developmentally.
    Yes Nettie, it's very exciting seeing Kobie on the news. ch 7 interviewed her and casey dellacqua at the opening ceremony. My parents are staying at the same hotel in Beijing with a lot of the other Olympians families. Did you see the Kookaburra's win 10 - 1?!?

Regarding Liam's weight, Baxter was 5.7kgs on Tuesday so he is small too! But don't be worried, I used to be but not now. At least his clothes will fit him for longer! Baxter is still BF'd with 1 comp feed at night time.

Got the Moogoo Infant Scalp cream yesterday, it contains no mineral oil, will let you all know how is goes in about a week or so.

DH is by himself for the next couple of weeks at the shop so I am off to help out for a couple of hours.

SG
    xo

Well had Mj weighed yesterday and we had a gain of 160g finally!!!

We also can roll from tummy to back and back to tummy. The tummy to back one is so funny to watch cause she arches her back so bad and the turn happens to quick she look quite shocked after it.

and we have also started to reach for things too!!

beatrix that's good news about the weight gain - and rolling, too! dd's not quite rolling yet but she's flipped over a couple of times by accident, leaving her stranded with her arms stuck under her.

shoegal hope the cream does the trick for you.

nettie there are a lot of us in this group with small babies! dd was just under 5.5 last time i weighed her. that sounds like a really thorough checkup liam had. good to hear he's doing so well.

steph when does your new job start?

fire i also have no idea what NAET. I'm guessing national association of [insert e-word] therapies? can't think of what the 'e' could be... anyway, how did you go?

have decided to take dd to paed because although she's thriving, her poo is still weird and it seems something's irritating her digestive system. i'm chasing down a paediatrician family friend because otherwise it''ll take weeks to get an appointment.

dh is going away for 3 days starting sunday and i'm so worried about how i'll manage on my own. mornings and evenings will be the worst...

gotta go now - only a few minutes left of dd's half-hour naptime.

Shoe, does Baxter have a scalp issue? Is that why you got moogoo?

MGM, what do the poos look like? I'd also be afraid of being alone at the moment for three days. But I'm sure you'll prove all kinds of great things to yourself about your capabilities.

Steph, that's cool about your routine. It just seems so late I was wondering how you got through. I'm in bed by 8pm! But DH does the evenings, brings Ci to me for feeds until 11pm, then Ci sleeps with me. Sorry about the pattern, I haven't even had a chance to look yet.

NAET is an allergy removal therapy. They have almost 100% success at removing allergies. Our first appt was ...

I'll have to come back, Ci is up.

Janine - yes, he has a touch of cradle cap. I've purchased from Moogoo before, that's why I bought from them. Apparently it's caused by sebum in the new growing hair that causes cradle cap. We don't use any soaps in his bath as this can exacerbate it apparently.

mgm - good luck for the 3 days hun, 1 hour at a time.

Ness - great weight gain MJ! What is considered a good weight gain at 4 months of age?

SG
    xo

this is awful and I am in no way wanting it to actually happen, but today I was thinking I want to be pg again. Am I mad?

Have an appt with the Dr. on Monday to discuss results of pap smear. Kind of dreading it, I had dysplasia a few years ago and really hope it hasn't flared up or gotten worse or something terrible. That would be par for the course, just when we've got a handle on things and we're doing ok having to deal with something like that...

Lila's been wanting to go out for walks every day. If I don't she gets really grumpy so its helping me be fitter. She also likes to ride on my legs while I do crunches, she laughs and laughs. And is getting really good at holding things, especially brandishing her Bunnikins spoon. I think its the funniest thing when she whacks herself in the face with it and then looks at her hand like it's betrayed her. hehe. She'll work it out soon enough...

Beatrix-Well done with the weight gain and rolling around. Lila just doesn't roll over at all,
    I guess she will eventually....

Mgm- New job starts wednesday, I'm kind of excited and a little apprehensive about leaving Lila, even only for a few hours at a time and with her doting daddy. More worried about him honestly, he doesn't spend as much time with her and doesn't read her as well I do, don't want him to be freaking out cause she's crying to go outside and he doesn't think to try it. It's ok, I tell myself he'll learn and get closer to his little girl because of it. Also I've never worked in this country before, Im sure its not much different but still feels like a bit of an adventure. Looking forward to the staff discount, I can get a machine. Had to leave the old one in the US. Lila's poo was weird for about ten days, all green and frequent and runny/frothy. I knew she didn't have a bug so I dug around and discovered I was feeding her too often and she was just getting foremilk. So now I feed half as often and she gets all the good stuff. Took a while to work out the new rhythm but it was worth it....

Janine- Don't even worry about the silly pattern, you have enough on your plate atm. Just if you run across it and think of me. No bigs. I guess I get through because she sleeps solidly from tennish to seven-nineish and when she's awake she's a really sweet little person. I kind of enjoy her company. Way to leave us on the edge of our seats wondering how the appt went. hehe. Sure hoping it worked out for you.

SG- I guess I have a small baby too though I never considered it til I read your post... Lila was 5.6kg on Tuesday. She's chubby cheeked and happy though so Im not fussed. DH and I are kind of petite people so it makes sense we'd have a petite baby....

Nettie- what a lovely baby you have, isnt it so great when they're a model of "good baby" out in public...

had phone consultation with paediatrician. diagnosis: mild entero-colitis (may be reaction to cow's milk in my diet). as dd's thriving and not troubled and irritable, he says no need to try to treat it - it will go away naturally in time. in the meantime i'll see if the dairy-free diet has any effect (if only it could make ME less irritable!!).

fire the poos are very smelly and don't have curds like 'normal' baby poo. look forward to hearing about your appointment, when ci permits!

shoegal, thanks. i have colouring books and taped tv programs at the ready to entertain ds!! still not sure how bedtime and bathtime will work though...

steph although it will be strange at first to be apart from lila you may actually find it quite liberating.

time to get ds's dinner ready now...

Steph - thank you! We think Liam's the perfect baby! Funnily enough, he was a real darling to everyone at the hospital, then when it was just Barry & I, he arcked up because he was tired! That's just like his Dad - very well behaved in public.... It's been a week since my pap smear and I haven't heard from the Doc, so I hope it's all clear. Will be seeing him Monday for Liam's 4 month imms anyway so can check then :fingerscrossed:

Mgm - good luck with Dairy free- I couldn't do it! Liam's checkup was thorough because he was in Neo-Natal or NCIU for 5 days. Our hossy does a very thorough follow up - one at 4 months and another at 9 months (possibly another one after that too!) Good luck too with your 'go it alone' weekend. I agree with SG - one hour at a time (or one minute at a time if you need!). Feel free to vent in here if it's getting on top of you!

Janine - ... ahhh - I see you've figured out how to keep an idiot in suspense! This idiot can't wait to find out how things went!

SG - Unfortunately I haven't seen much of the Hockeyroos... they always seem to be on when I''m not watcing See them on the highlights though! Hope your parents are enjoying themselves! I'm envious! It's funny but we have an even split of boy/girl ratio in our Mother's group and all the boys are long & lean and all the girls are chubbas! Maybe it's just the way of the world at the moment!

Ness - on the weight gain! Yes, Liam seems to charm everyone - hopefully you'll get to meet him one day! He's not quite rolling like MJ though - she's a clever girl!

Well, I'm off to do some MCN online shopping!

SG, any need for scalp help, I'm your girl. I know all about it now. if it goes, great. if it gets itchy, tell me. don't suffer as long as we did before we figured it out. (it's fungal, btw) ci's is gone now after treatment.

Steph, the first job I got in the States was so exciting. I was a receptionist for Remax. and although it wasn't different to working here (except the pay! lousy pay there) I felt like a jet setter . Then I really was when United hired me! :goodluck2: Re green froth poo - it isn't caused by feeding too frequently. It is too much foremilk though. We had it for ages, still get it occasionally. The treatment isn't less feeds. It is block feeding. Or at least only feeding from one breast per feed. For us to keep it in check, I feed from one side from 6am until noon, and then the other until dinner. Then I swap from one to the other all night. But I never offer both breasts at a feed, or he explodes from lack of fatty milk. You can feed ALL day, as long as you empty the breast completely. If the issue is bad, then "block" feed like we do. My boy is almost 10 kilos, so trust me, it works. But forget the feeding less thing if it isn't working for you.

mgm, I've been off milk for three months! No biggie, you get used to it. I'm also off a bunch of other things until the treatments are done. Milk is usually the main culprit. Was she c-section or given antibiotics for another reason?

Sorry about the suspense The first consult was mini. We got a cream embedded with his frequency (they also do electricity medicine) - which works a bloody treat! We got Himalayan salt embedded with some more frequency he needs to take for the week until the next treatment, which was to give him a healing crisis. One salt grain a day - so tiny a remedy! Anyway, all that happened is his skin did weird things and he has been tired all the time, sleeping SO well! I'm almost tempted to keep him on it.

On Tues we go back for the big first treatment. We can treat 6 allergies which will be gone immediately (unlike the regular NAET where you have to wait 25 hours). I learned how to do NAET and did DD for milk. I'm going to do her for wheat on Monday (keeping her off wheat all day on a weekend will be too difficult). If anyone has allergies, I can post how to do it. Let me know. It's easy. Preferably food ones cos avoiding airborne allergies is too difficult. And the allergen must be avoided for 25 hours.

Ci finally found his thumb. Mostly. His naps are great now. He sleeps at least an hour and a half both middle naps, usually two though. And a half hour morning and late arvo. In fact, I sat on the ball with him a week or so ago and he started to get uppity instead of calmer so I just put him in the cot so awake I thought for sure he'd freak out. But he instantly settled. So now that's what we do much of the time unless he's overtired or otherwise upset and wants more pre-nap settling. I can't believe it, cos I had resigned myself to a hard yakka year and it has been tough in so many ways but not the ways I expected.

Now I just can't wait until my boy is all healthy so his skin is clear. Then I'll declare Nirvana.
    Last edited by Fire; August 16th, 2008 at 08:52 AM.

Fire- not to doubt your Allergy elimination thing, but if it really worked... why isnt it used to remove allergies in people who have life threatning ones ie nuts, bees etc.

sorry just curious

It is apparently. Some practitioners have 100% success rate, which is almost ridiculous. I know of people who have cured allergies to cats, foods and all kinds of things and I recently met someone who cured a multitude of allergies and became a new person she felt so good. Like many things, people don't do it cos it sounds too easy, or because they are too scared to spend the money and have it fail. Or one bad story turns them off the whole thing. I find that with Neurolink, which is an energetic treatment I use. I should use it on Ci, but I don't. Weird. Laziness? Dunno. Maybe I'll treat him today. For instance, a woman who was cured of seasonal allergies and salicylate allergy went onto a health board and told all of them about it, and how to do it at home (the old style treatment). None did it. In fact, several, esp one male in particular, argued about it and said he wouldn't risk it (risk what?). I went to an allergy board I was at for info for Ci and told them about it and not ONE person tried it or was willing to give it a go at a practitioner. I believe this is the reason why more people aren't cured - they don't do it. And those that do and get relief just become part of the long list of "urban legends", almost as though they aren't real success stories.

I hope to be one of the NAET success stories. If not, I'll move on, saddened, but still hopeful something will come along.

oh ok. thanksfor the explaination..

would it work with intolerences??? like my lactose?

Yes, so they tell me. But I have a better solution for lactose intolerance. Kill your yeast. Candida overgrowth causes lactose intolerance. That's how it's treated, I'm surprised you haven't already been treated for that. There is a lot of info as to why, which you can google if you like. But basically the yeast mess with your ability to digest. Most pages look like this:

example

Scrolling through you'll always find "lactose intolerance" as part of the list of symptoms. The treatment, if I were to prescribe would be:

nystatin (prescription anti-fungal)
    Threelac
    Oxygen elements

The bottom two are effective enough. The nystatin is often used but in this country it isn't pure, it is in a capsule that contains... lactose. So perhaps not good for you just yet. Threelac is expensive as far as "probiotics" go, but it isn't an ordinary probiotic. You will get serious die-off symptoms from it because it was specifically designed to target candida and it survives the stomach acid (unlike regular probiotics where only 2% get to the gut). Seriously, you have nothing to lose, well, you have some money to lose. But it is worth the risk, I'd reckon. You can get threelac on ebay too, but I found that place a little cheaper. You will also need to go on a candida diet for the best effect and most long lasting (they are TOUGH to keep away, they come back). You can find one of those all over the net, but I can link one if you prefer. Let me know. The diet bit is the hardest part, but you get used to it and it's only for a while. If nothing else, go off yeast and simple sugars. Taking just the threelac on it's own should be enough for some temporary relief if you really can't do the diet or get anything else.

Gotta run. Let me know if you have any questions cos I've left a whole buncha info out.

Thanks fire

Its not so much lctose intolerance, its just too much and my IBS is so bad i live in the toilet...

specially after i have my fav wendys strawberry shake , I miss them

IBS is definitely candida. You may have a bad infection of it. You'll feel like a noo loo if you kill the buggers.

ummm ok.. if i kill of al my yeast, i wont be able to eat my lactation cookies.. and my supply will drop.

and omg, i dont think i couls stick the candida free diet?? how long would it take?

Actually, you can eat yeast, if it is in bread. The yeast is not candida used in bread, plus the cooking kills them. There are two things you can do for a week to see if it makes much difference to how you feel - go off malt and vinegar. Malt can be hidden, look for sources, such as maltodextrin and cereal sweetened with malt. Vinegar is in tomato sauce, etc also, be sure to find hidden sources. Try that for a week. That's step one.

If I take you through the steps slowly, you'll barely notice the lack of stuff, it should be painless sacrifices.

As for your supply, do you really take a cookie for it? I drink a tea I SWEAR by when I need a boost. It causes engorgement within three hours of drinking it. Be warned! "Weleda breastfeeding tea" It cost me about 14 bucks at a chemist/hfs. You can drink it in smaller doses and breastfeed the nation on that stuff. I can link it if you like. I just broke the link I did as I don't know the rules here, maybe I can't link it cos it is a product.

MGM, I meant to say, it takes up to 6 weeks for all the dairy constituents to be out of your milk and out of your baby. I learned this when I went off milk three months ago. And then you have to be really vigilant about it being in products, such as "casein", or supplements with dairy, such as probiotics and some calcium tabs. It's a pain in the butt but once you learn how to find it, it's easy. Better for your health too!

HAving a terrible time here, haven't slept in three days. I'm a wreck.

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast