Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #10

abs Guest

we had a couple of days sortta like that mitch, but he's back on it full time now. Teething, from what I've read, could be a culprit there - Jordy is yet to have any come through too, but maybe it's like an early sign of it to happen very soon ??

Hmm, SS, I've been sitting here for days thinking what to get... there is the Belly SS, and a thread with hints - ie those in it can make suggestions. Not gonna say whether my person is in that thread, but I certainly thought of something based on suggestions in that thread. Now to go find the item/items - might be one item, might be more

And finally found something for Jen - she was wanting one of those outdoor "love seats" - you know, the three person swings. THere was some mob on eBay selling a number of em (like 1/day), but the end timing was always wrong (8-8.30)

Checked a few places at lunch time, found a reasonable one with a drink tray at either end for a half decent price. Managed to get em to through in a full zip-over cover for nothing (retail price $69) just by saying what can you do it for for cash - so $368 down to $299

Gonna go get it lunchtimeish on Friday and have organised a neighbours garage to store it in til xmas

One problem I've found though when I checked the store's website and looked at the catalogue, there's mention of it being Steel-framed, so there could be a rust issue. I'll need to suss that out before I hand over my moula - actually just spoke to em, it's "powder coated", so as long as thats not chipped off, it should be okay
    Last edited by abs; November 8th, 2006 at 03:08 PM.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I've done my SS shopping too, which is good. I'm mindful that I'll be going away in a few weeks, so have got to get organised early.

Also went to ToysRUs and managed to get a TMX Elmo for C for Chrissy, as well as a Fisher Price Activity Table. The TMX Elmos have been sold out for a couple of weeks so am glad they're back in stock now. I wouldn't mind picking up a few more things for him as well. I bought him a peekablocks wagon for Christmas a while ago but have ended up opening it for him. I just could't resist. I'm thinking maybe a Little Leaps LeapPad and also a plastic gym/slide thingo, but DH says he's too young, and he probably is! Just all of a sudden going a little crazy with all the toys around. My older kids haven't had anything but Ipods and cameras for a couple of years, and it's just not the same as doing toy shopping!

Haven't checked out Myer yet for the personalised bauble.

Say, anyone have their tree up yet?

Sush - I have the TMX Elmo - charlie loves it! your charlie will love it too.

Abs - I have the weather for those things to rust, and the sea water is acroos from us so everything rusts - but out outdoor setting hasn't rusted yet and its been out there for a year now hopefully your won't rust either.

OMG - only 5 days till my little boy is 7 months old

abs Guest

and 5 days since ours turned 7 months, well 4 days, 23 hours amd 54 minutes

it still amazes me how quick it has gone!

Charlie has started to scrunch his whole face up when he laughs looks soo funny - is anyone elses little one doing this? I wonder if it is a stage they go thru

Nope no tree up yet, was planning to get it up by the first week of december though esp seeings we wont be in our house for chrissy. last yr we had a real tree which smelt so nice but messy when it starts dying (& we stayed in melb)
    we have to actually buy a fakey DH wants to go all out and get a really good one that is big & will last for a while to come. i just wanna decorate it up all pretty!

nickers - how long do real trees last for?

2000 Posts - YEAH!!!!!!

Whoo Hoo Jacci!!
    oh cool i just ticked over 1500 posts.
    Trees usually last 3-4 weeks, they drink heaps of water so have to make sure you top them up everyday.
    at their peak they smell sooo nice, but when they start dying all the needle like leaveas start falling. its best to get rid of it b4 it goes too dead or it becomes even more messy!

we always had a real tree growing up & just the smell brings back great chrissy memories!

Hey all well we had our appt with the speech pathologist she doesn't think he has the over active gag reflex she thinks it is more to do with the feel of certain things in his mouth so we have to brush his teeth (well his gums) Is anyone else doing this? not something you think about when they have no teetch but you should be doing it if they are on solids gets them uin a good routine and gets rid of any bacteria!there are a few other things but basically just perserverence so yeah!

Christmas tree - isn't it bad luck to put it up before the 1st of Dec or is that just something my mum told me so we wouldn't harp on about it! anyhow that is when ours will go up!

Hi everyone.

Chrissy tree goes up after 1st Dec in our house. Looking forward to getting the house all christmas-y this year. I've offered to have Mark's family's traditional christmas eve dinner at my place (Am I mad?) just so I have an excuse to do up the house.

TMX Elmo - I soo want one! I wasn't going to bother because Janae had a TM Elmo & a cheer elmo (spells his name) but she hated both until she was about 18mths old. But, she pulled it out the other day (cheer Elmo, the other one broke) and Josiah LOVES it, so now I have an excuse to buy TMX.

Solids - I always give Josiah his food anywhere from 45mins - 2hrs after his bottle (depending on his sleep patterns) and he gobbles it up, a good couple of tablespoons each time. Gonna hold off on the zucchini tho, everytime he's had it, it's taken him ages to go to sleep coz of wind. I didn't know zucchini could do it, but it's the only common factor on those nights.

Work - I LOVE my new job! It's such a nice place to work, and so organised. And I get to play with all the electronic gadgets and machines - I'm such a gadget freak

I gotta go - I think I'm going to vomit...Josiah ended up with gastro on the weekend, Mark's had it the last 2 days...I'm NOT going to be sick!!

abs Guest

Congrats Theresa - cool for having christmas at home and poor G

What are you doing in your new job Bel, seeing you have all these gadgets to play with ??

Becky, we haven't thought about brushing teeth/gums at all yet

And congrats on the count for both Jacci and Nickers

Apparently my mum is up from Melbourne for the day with work... so we're gonna try and catch up at lunchtime. She flies back too early (with colleagues) so can't do anything afterwards

hi there
    well my day just got unreal.!!! i have been looking for extra work but in the times that gav can have charlie. then today i went to my normal job and the ladyhere asked me if i wanted extra hours i thought that would be great coz i bring charlie here but she said that her daughter is opening another child care centre here and that they wanted me to do the books and charlie could go there for free......... awesome...

That is great, Jacci. I start working at the family cafe in Freo on Sat. My sister is short one person and she's asked me to fill in for 5.5 hours. Karl thinks it's a great idea for me to get out of the house, and for him to spend some time learning to look after C. I think it's great coz it means a little bit of spending money for me!

Theresa, sorry to hear that G is feeling off. It's hard when they're so anxious to learn to crawl too, and it sure sounds like she is! I bet she's full of beans too, so having to sit in a swing must be frustrating her.

Abs enjoy your lunch!

Christmas Tree: I wanted to put one up before we left on the 2nd, but DH is of the belief that it can't go up before the 1st either, and now wants us to wait until we get back on the 18th to put it up. Bah! So I'll only have it up for 2 weeks!

Hi everyone,

Mitch - I have emailed you your SS details!

Bel - I am glad that you like your knew job, what are you doing?? I hope you aren't sick!!!

Jacci - good news on the extra hours, I have to go back full-time for the next 2 months but that is okay!!

Abs - I hope you got to see your Mum!!

Theresa - good to hea rthat the girls are getting better, you are so fantastic and I am sure people will really appreciate your support!!

Christmas tree - it is bad luck to put it up before the 13th, should go up 12 days before and come down 12 days after Christmas!!!

Sushee - I was reading in the SS tips section that you like crime books, I am a crime freak and have done quite a few forensic courses and serial killer, DNA courses at UWA, I also have heaps of books, most of which i get from london, from a book store called real crime, if you want to borrow any let me know. I have a couple written by John Douglas who was the chief behavioural scientist at Quantico for 25 years, it is amazing, he is the only man to interview Ted Bundy before he was executed, they are really interesting if you are into that stuff!!

Also I am doing a serial killer course at UWA in January, it is run by Robin Napper who is head of the forensics here in Perth!!

Okay, I am not really a psycho, I just always wanted to be a forensic psychologist (long before shows like CSI etc..) the only problem was when I wanted to do it you had to go to Melbourne Uni and I just didn't want to leave Perth then!!

Hi to everyone else, better go do some work!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my man today, I can't believe he is 7 MONTHS OLD

Happy 7 month birthday Tyron!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast