Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #10

Congrats again Bec, on both counts, very exciting. Who's #3, is there something ur not tellin us, hehe.

Just added some pics to Holly's website, one is of her doing pushups onto toes.

well i'd like to tell you we are going to Billy Joel tonight..... lucky we found a babysitter last minute (but feel a bit slack cause its friends of ours have had 5weeks off work married/honeymoon and start work tomorrow) so we are taking Nixon to them rather than them come here.

I have just uploaded some of my scrapbooking pages that i did yesterday onto my wesbite if you want to have a look.

going to have a look at Holly's push up tecnique now!

Have fun tonight Nickers, awesome scrapbooking.

abs Guest

well seeing Nic will be there by now - we want a full report on the concert !!

Hehehe.... Was wonderful having NO children on Friday night (& I didnt drink too much LOL), And only had Alexa on Sat night, so was a nice weekend....

Also... I dont think Alexa will crawl but she can stand up on her own for a wee it against the couch!!!! OMG i Am gonna be in trouble once she gets going!!!!!!

well BJ was awesome!
    although there was a bit of drama in the begining....as we were leaving to go drop Nixon off we locked the keys in the house!! DH said it was my fault cause i always grab them... which is true but i was still putting everything in the car and getting Nix sorted, dh locked the door from house to garage, closed it and THEN said do u have the keys..... ofcourse every window & door was locked (had it been the day b4 most windows were open)so i called a locksmith which took 30mins to come, 2 secends to unlock and $180 later.... so a free ticket end up becoming an expensive ticket...

Get there i go park while dh goes to collect our tickets. on the way from getting them to meeting me he must have dropped my VIP pass. it wasnt all bad he still had our seated tickets it just meant i couldnt go back stage (BUMMER!!) (so now i can blame him on the keys thing as he is having a shocker!!)
    but we had awesome seats, Billy played for about 2.5hrs, no supporting band.
    The only song we missed was his final "Piano Man" cause we wanted to get out of there b4 everyone (otherwise would have taken 30min to get out of the carpark) to get back to pick Nixon up. My fav song is "we didnt start the fire" & it rocked out! my dad was extremley jelous of me to say the least so i tried to record bits on my phone but it just came out really muffled and fuzzy.

after 2 months of forgetting how to roll Nixon decided to roll a couple of times thismorning. still only from tummy to back though, never mastered back to tummy.

mum21 Guest

Hello everyone

We arrived home safely about an hour ago and I am buggered. LOL. Will catch up with the personals etc tomorrow as I've only had a real quick read through.

Nic - Just thought I'd let you know I'm in Brissy and would catch up if you want to. Let me know where and when.

Well better run the little man is a wee bit tired after the trip.

abs Guest

Morning everyone

welcome back Amy

well our boy can do it if he wants, Jordy slept all the way through !! :eek: Not that Jen didn't keep waking all through the night, and hence waking me. Several times we thought he was awake and playing with things in his cot

Go into his room, nup, sound asleep, there was some movement going on, maybe he was just dreaming - I should have taken a picture thinking back on it... he had his left hand holding his right hand an inch or two below his chin with his head turned a little to the left as well - soooooooo cute

He then woke at 6, demolished a bottle and then greeted me with the biggest smelliest #2 I've encountered so far

That's my boy !!

Abs - yeah on the sleep!!!

Nickers - glad you loved billy Joel!

Amy - welcome back - hope you had fun.

Theresa - Yeah on the comando crawl. What exactly is it??? Everyone always says comando crawl but i never know what they actually mean - can you explain it to me.

FINALLY got into a dentist in Warnambool - only about 1 hour away from here. Going there at 12 today - yeah!! got that painful last night that i actually cried - Gav was soo amazed coz i have a great pain threshold.

Getting Charlie Weighed and Msrd on Thursday ( i thought it was monday) - he was 7 months old on Monday - It is going way tooo quick...

Well another mortgage increase - means that i will need to go back to work full time - even if the other job doesn't happen at the childcare place - i will have to go back to my old job and put charlie into care. I will have to wait and see i'll know for sure by the end of January what i am doing - hope we don't get another increase in the mortgage!

Kids Xmas Parties- It is soo weird being invited to kids xmas parties!!! A few of the suppliers that gav uses at work are having them and were going to them, how wierd!

Nixon started doing the up on the toes things like Holly today! Only difference is his face was planted into the ground he doesn't know how to push his arms up yet.

Yeah another increase is gonna hurt us too. When you say u will go back full time and put Charlie into care, do u mean a day care or do u have family also that will look after him any day?
    This is my dilema with going back to work and not having family around.
    i really dont think my pay would justify the cost of day care plus the $$ petrol to and from work(live 30-40min drive from work) i would probably be left with shrapnoll! (SP?)

mothers group today & we are going to organise a SS!! all these secret santa's is fun! we are gonna organise a xmas party too hopefully. (if we can work out a date we are all free!)

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all,

well C can sit on his own, but only if I'm behind him - not holding him or him leaning on me, just sitting behind him. If I'm not behind him he doesn't seem to have the confidence to sit on his own. Go figure!

He's also been running a fever the last two days and has been super cranky. I don't know what it is, so have been dosing him with panadol and hope to get him in to see a Dr today.

And he's commando crawling too! He does the tippy toe thing, but only when on his elbows! Lol! I keep telling him that that's not the way to do it! Sounds like he and Nixon had the same teacher, Nic!

He's whinging again, which is sooo not like him, so I'd better go. Will catch up on personals later, my sweets!

abs Guest

Sushee, Jordy was like that with his sitting just a few days ago, now he only needs the occasional nudge from behind if he looks like he's gonna go backwards... such an improvement over just a few days back

And he was up on his knees earlier today, as with Nixon, face planted. Jen was with him and yelled out at me to come upstairs !!

Jac, you'll be well back from the dentist by the time you read this, but I've found if I get that bad a toothache, I wont lie down - tends to get a lot worse lieing down. I have comfy recliner chairs in my theatre room that I can happily sleep in... though the last time that was needed was pre-Jen, so would be weird now to have to do it again

Hope your appt gets the pain stopped

Yeah Theresa, we woke continually through the night (I'm really beginning to hate that baby monitor - Jen gets up at almost the slightest sound)

The only problem we have now is that he is not wanting to eat much at all... I keep saying (and is kinda backed up by others) to just do the bottle for a couple of days then try again, but she keeps wanting to feed him things. He'll usually have a couple of mouthfuls then that's about it. Used all sorts of timings - before, 30min after, 1hr after, 2hrs after etc... same result all the time

I also think it might be teeth related as he chewed very happily on a rusk for ages yesterday arvo - ahh well, I can only support her decisions on what to do, I'm usually working on little tasks at work - am actually busy at the moment until like today at the 11th hour they decide they dont want something done tonight, but put it off for 2 weeks - means I gotta repeat all the prep work I did yesterday/last night

As for a rate rise, it'll suck, but my car loan is no longer, so I can afford it - now to make major inroads into the rest of my debts (though this month I don't like coz I have 3 fortnightly repayments, get paid tonight, then payments due 16th, 30th then Dec 14, but paid Dec 15 - happens twice a year)

Hi everyone

Nickers - I'm talking about day care - we worked out it wil cost about $200 a week. Which means i'll still clear $400. We did have to weigh up the pro's and con's though as you said its not worth it even if you come home with an extra 100 a week out of your wage - coz i don't think that its worth $100 to miss out on stuff that charlie will learn. there are a few days that we will put charlie in half days and stuff if my mum is not working. it would be hard for you with no family around.

Dentist - Well i am having a Root Canal - OUCH!!!! and [email protected]@dy expensive - works out at $943 - lukcily its over the next few months and i can just ring up and pay money to it whenever i want so i don't have to find it all straight away.

Sitting - Charlie is really good at the sitting bit - he has even learnt now to reach for his toys and balance himself and he has taught him self id he falls then he needs to start rolling so he doesn't bump his head. mmmmmm he is sitting up now and i can hear him pushing out a poo! little bugger.

Well i am off to racketball now and then i will got to work. So i will log back in at work.

Have a great day

abs Guest

i take it you don't have health insurance Jac - yikes at the cost

we woke to Jordy pushing one out at 6.15am - lots of grunts and groans - and guess whose turn it was to get up (not Jens). Fortunately the odour was no where near as bad as yesterdays

Abs- I don't have Private health - I don't know why i don't have it! Gav has it so i might see how much it is to sdd me to his. we don't really need hospital cover here in portland coz there is no waiting list so i spose i just never thought about getting the rest. It amzes me how red charlie's face gets when he is doing a poo

abs Guest

well check with his mob - sometimes they have "no waiting" periods when adding family members and thus you might be lucky and get some coverage for the cost ??

and I know all about that colour and sounds too

Amy- Can you pm me your email address??
    I should be free on Thursday and hopefully meeting one of the other ladies from BB who has a June baby (along with 3 elder children)
    I am leaving on Friday so can exchange mob numbers to sort out where to meet etc, i dont know my way about brisbane but we are staying at Redcliffe which i think is about 15min from there is it?????

Jacci- ouch at the dentist & the dentist bills

i forget everything else i was going to say.... oh well good night everyone.

KelliC, where r u? How's that neck of urs goin?
    Melbo, u still lurkin. What's up with Wilmartin?
    Shazz & anyone else?

Oh no Nickers, that is bad luck, yikes, but at least u had fun.

Mitch, hehe, yep u sure will know it. A g/friend in mum's group's lil boy is 3wks older than Holly & he's been walking for a few wks now, behind one of those push along toys & she said once they start u wish they hadn't, hehe.

Hehe Theresa, know what u mean, doesn't take them long to get away huh. Holly doesn't commando, just caterpillar's along, hehe.

WTG on the sleep Abs. Hehe on the #2. I had to get ready for tap this arvy & left DH with a lovely smelling one, was only little but he said it was a stinker, hehe, he needs more practice.

Amy, sounds like u had fun, thats great.

Jacci, ouch on the tooth. My hubby just had 1 of 3 wizdom teeth out at the dentist on Mon (2nd visit) & he said it's still really sore. All 3 have to come out eventually, quote was $1200 (he discounted it due to all the procedures he's gonna do) for all the dental work, OMG, h/fund aren't covering a great deal of that.
    Yes, lovely xmas pressie Johhny Howard reckons, huh, yeah right. I'm going back a 3rd day as of Mon wk but am yet to find out how much this reduced my CCB by. At moment, it's $52/day less 56%CCB (aprx $20/day), so $63.19/wk. Lucky for me, there's 2 other work colleagues that live reasonably close by & we now car pool (I only work Mon, Wed, Thu though), but considering it's 130km/day it's a good saving. Also, the financial year after a CCB year, u can claim back some of the childcare costs, starting 05/06 financial year. I read it somewhere, not sure of full details though. I also heard that there's a $600 rebate avail after having a bub, when u do ur tax & they take any overpayments out of this & u get the rest. Still haven't done my tax yet, oops.
    Yay on Charlie sitting too.

Yay Sush, WTG Charlie. Hehe on the elbows & same teacher. Oh poor Charlie, hope his temp subsides, teething maybe? Holly had a temp for 1.5days recently, around time of 3rd tooth cutting thru.

Holly said her 2nd word tonight, 'babababa', she keeps saying it. Her first word was 'dada' 2wks ago but hasn't said it since. What about 'mama', oh well I'll just have to wait.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast