Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #11

abs - Charlie has said Dad for a while and gav loves it!!!

Nickers - I got told after 39 to worry about it, but i think it has to be over 39 for a certain time - I am not the best person to ask so maybe go into the midwives forum and they will be able to help you.

yeah jacci i just posted in appropriate section, just wondering if anyone else had experienced cough which turned into something. i was worried it could turn into bronchilitis or croup.

i just uploaded a couple of piccys

Charlie has had a cough but never anything more - hope it doesn't turn into anything else for him - you have been so lucky for having no sickness - can it be more common in prem babies to get sick?

just been reading up on the whole bronchiolitis deal and it can be more common with premmie babies. however in saying that i would kind of think premmie babies meaning they still havent reached their EDD and still very young?? I just went and took his temps again and they were down to mid 36's,& doesnt feel as hot so feel a bit better about that and if his cough gets worse i will get it looked at tomorrow.

Evening all...hope everyone had a good day/nights sleep seeing you'll all be seeing this in the morning.

nickers - hope you enjoyed your trip and that Nixon is feeling better. Josiah has been a bit unwell also, only an occasional cough, but a runny nose that just doesn't let up, and grumps galore.

Sush - Have a FANTASTIC trip - I'm sure Charlie will be beautiful for you - he'll love looking around everywhere I'm sure.

SS - haven't received one, and haven't sent mine yet either, will send it next week.

abs - hope the 2nd trial at daycare goes better than the 1st. I must be a terrible mother, I never checked any of those things when janae first started going - in fact, I've only taken her and dropped her off a handful of times, Mark does it mostly because the daycare is right next to his work and he wouldn't think to check anything apart from making sure she's had a happy day.

jac - how exciting that Charlie is calling your name, it's so cute isn't it. Josiah has started saying 'hello' at the right times - not clearly, but the sounds are close enough that we can make it out. He said it when my brother walked in Wednesday & today, and yesterday I was sitting floor talking on the phone, and when I hung up and put the phone on the floor, he picked it up and said it again. It's so cute, and he giggles when we make a fuss of it. He doesn't say anything else though.

Theresa - yeah, it is hard with the 2, and Janae does the same as Em - coming in when I'm trying to put Josiah down - but only when I'm taking too long. Having the 3 year age gap has been fantastic, because Janae is old enough that she understands when I have to deal with Josiah - she'll even call me when he's upset with a 'Mum, Josiah needs you'. And they just love each other so much, Josiah just lights up when he even hears her voice, and she fusses over him, plays with him and gives him HEAPS of cuddles and kisses.

Anyway, enough of my rambling, I should go to bed. Have a great weekend everybody.

Bel

Morning all -

another crap night by charlie - its funny about a month ago i would of thought it was a good night - but then you get used to them sleeping thru! Oh well - he might just be growing again.

Nickers - how is nixon's cough going??

Abs - we are the opposite - Charlie has my face but gavins eyes. he has the biggest bright blue eyes - they are so cute - but i may be biast!!!

Bel - Happy 7 months!!!!!!!! That is awesome that he can say hello!!

Well i was playing with charlie for ages the other day and noticed that he can throw the
    ball - so now i give him the little ball and say "throw the ball to mummy" and he piffs it - he is great at it! only took me about 5 goes and now he does it.

It really is awesome now that i hear mumumumumumumum all the time! makes my job so much more worht while.

Well Gav is just about finished at work and we are going to go out the back and work on our backyard as we are having the BBQ after the christening out there.

Hope you all have a great day. I will log on later - ( want to check that nixon's cough hasn't got any worse)

Jac

Hi every one

Ryan had is Needles ( a little late ) i thought i would update his stats
    HC 44Cm Length 71cm and 8.2 kg other then that we haven't been doing to much at all he is saying dad dad dad and mummmmmmmmm a and bub bub bub and is also crawling in a fashion he likes to go backwards most of the time but also cammando crawls and then get s up on his knees but only for a little bit he is also pulling himself up on to the furniture

Hi,
    Thanks Jacci, Nixon hasnt gotten any worse, nor any better.
    We were meant to go swimming today but ofcourse i didnt go. I decided to take him to the doctor anyway (they bulk bill so didnt cost anything)
    However my usual gp doesnt work sat so i had a different doc. she seemed a bit rushy for my liking but anyway checked his chest said it sounds good. said his cough sounds mucosey & prob has a viral infection.
    but when i aksed her at what temp does it become a concern i didnt really get an answer.
    his temp was good all day but now getting into the evening its gone back up in the high 38's, he hasnt been drinking much but still doing wet/dirty nappies. so again i will just keep monitoring him closely poor bubba.

Shazz i did my own measurments a week ago on Nixon for 7months and he was 8kg & 44cm head! His length would prob be about 70cm. did u take Ryan to a place where they do them on certain dates or your gp? Cause when we take Nixon to the scheduled ones they dont measure them which i was hoping they would cause we dont see MCHN till 8months. (I like to keep a record for each month!)

Jacci- yeah how quickly we get used to getting good nights sleeps and forgetting what it was like in the begining. i was like that last night with nixon & when he was teething & i was pretty grumpy the next day! must sound so cute hearing mummum i cant wait for that! what outfit did u decide for Charlie's Christening?

Nickers - I hate when you go to the dr and they just rush you thru. Especially when it comes to babies. Hope that cough is ok. If you do find out what the temp is that we have to worry about will you let us know.
    We decided on a black suit for charlie - it is just a little pants, white shirt, black vest and bow tie. he looks so cute. ended up buying one coz i really want to put it in his box of goodies to keep.

Shazz - Ryan is going great! hope he is ok with his needles

nickers - my gp doesn't normaly weigh etc but I just ask and he gets the clinic nurse to do it - otherwise most MCHN's have a set of scales etc at their offices you can go and check anytime OR a lot of pharmacy's here have a CHN that are there one day a week to do measurments too - not sure if its the same where you are - here its mostly the ones attached to shopping centres that get them. Good to hear nixon's cough hasn't got any worse tho. My doc & a nurse on the health direct line told me anthing 39+ worry about, or 38 that panadol & other temp relief remeies wont bring down. If panadol is bringing his temp down, it shouldn't be too much to worry about - but somebody PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong

Jacci - Thanks for the 7 mths wishes My body decided to celebrate too & AF has come back with a vengence today. It's been a nice 18 months without it!

Oh I forgot to share last week - my sister had her baby! She had a baby boy last Tuesday in Fort Collins, Colorado - Matthew Robert is my 2nd American nephew. A healthy 8lb10oz - and oh so cute.

Little mans is calling for hi dinner - better go. Hope everyones having a great weekend

Bel

Bel- congratulations on becoming an Aunty again how exciting! bummer on AF returning...its like our body knows hey my AF returned on the annaversary we conceived Nixon!

Thanks for the advice bel,jacci,Theresa. I am surprised nixon isnt sick of me taking his temps ive been doing it all day! it seems to go up and down he felt a lot hotter tonight but when i took his temp was mid 37's it took me over an hr to get him off to sleep he is just not himself. just have him in a nappy/singlet & summer sleeping bag. ive got the monitor next to me and poor thing coughs every 5-10mins

Yeah my sister takes her DD to a chemist to get weighed etc in Sydney, i just figured it was a Sydney thing, i have never actually bothered to go to a local chemist and ask if they do it. gotta go to the shops tomorrow so if i remember i will go in & ask.

i cant believe Gerogie is pulling herself up already! wow what a clever girl but i agree she is too little to be doing grown up things lol!

well im taking a dvd to watch in bed, dh working away in perth on Pearl Jam.

Nicers - I would hate it if Gav was a way all the time. I watched mr & mrs Smith last night not too bad but not unreal! hope nixons cough goes away soon

Hi Everyone,

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

Nickers..Hope nixon is feeling better soon

Jacci... I liked Mr and Mrs Smith too. How cute that charlie can through the ball to you

Bel.. Congrats on being and Aunty again! Bugger about AF, she always picks the best times.

Theresa... Yay on G pulling herslef up, Abbey does it too, and I agree that they are growing up too quickly.

Temps... Abbey is a hot baby, so her usual temp is about 37.5. The other day just before her tooth came in she was up to 38.9 but 2 doses of panadol brought it down.

Do you all remember me talking about SIL feeding her 2 month old 210ml bottles? Well was talking to MIL today and Amelia is 3 months in a week but already weighs 10kg :eek: Abbey is going to look so tiny against her.

Will catch up on posts shortly. I got some bargains at a local car boot sale today & here's what I ended up with for $56:
    * fisher price rope swing - $5
    * fisher price xylophone puppy on wheels - $7
    * 4 hard cover story books - $4
    * 23 items of clothing (sz 0 to 4) - $40
    (pics in my www)

Nickers ~ i usually take ryan to MCHN evry thursday at the local hospital and they weigh him but for 7 months it was done atthe gp cause he was late getting his needles cause he has been sick etc he has been so off colour since having this lot of needles and to top it off i have got the most dreadful cold i haevn't been able to feed him at all today every time i try i get so dizzy and want to pass out so i have been expressing but my supply is really suffering it also didn't help that when i tried to feed him this morning he bit me so hard i now have teethy puncture marks on my nipple ok i'm off to bed hope everyone has had a great weekend

AManda - OMG - Can't believe how big that baby is!!!! charlie is over 10 kilos now but he is very long ican only imagine how short she will be only be 3 months old

Holy cow 10kg at 3months!!
    Ouch Shazz....
    I went and bought a vapouriser today from chemist, may or may not help but i thought it will come in handy for future anyway. so when in the chemist i asked if they have any MW that comes there and get baby weighed etc. The woman didnt know what i was talking about and said she has never heard of it in a chemist??
    Anyone in Melbourne know of any chemist that DOES do this? I know Sydney & perth they do.....

Nixon's cough is worse it sounds so terrible, i needed to get some shopping today (seings been away for a week had nothing) and ppl kept looking at me every time Nixon coughed (probably think i am a bad mummy for taking a sick boy out with me, well had no choice DH is still away)

Ok well I got a msg later tonight from MIL saying she had been mistaken and Amelia is 6.5kg, so not as big as I first thought thank god, but still she is just under what Abbey is now.

Theresa... Good on you for having a nice night out, hope the girls give you a nice sleep in. It is a bit sad that they are so independent but she is still such a mummy's girl which is nice.

Nickers... I have heard of chemist doing it and I have had abbey weighed at one in Dubbo. I don't know if its always a MW or CHN but sometimes they just have the baby scales there that you can use. Look for ones that advertise that they hire stuff like breast pumps etc out, you might have more luck. I really hope nixons cough gets better.

Shell.. Yay on the bargains.

We went ten pin bowling today for a friends bday, it was fun but I wasn't very good lol. Then had a bbq and poker game. It was a nice night out.

Talk to you all tomorrow

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast