Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #11

Nickers - Charlie has a bit of a fake cough at the moment! i think he likes the sound of his own voice. Nixon will just take of one day and you'll be wishing he wasn'trolling around!!! hope you had a great holiday!

Shell - I told gavin to move our phone cord from of the ground and he sticky taped it along our bright red wall! its so not inconspicuis at all!!!!

Mitch - i haven't rec'd mine but i have sent mine this morning.

abs Guest

Maybe like me Nickers, not knowing you had someone staying, so your SS might not have been sent yet ! How much longer til you get home, and hows the trip going so far

Jordy is definitely doing the dadadadadadadadada thing... I love it. He's also sleeping longer too

My two cats are chipped and desexed but I dont see the point in registering em, I dont even know how much it costs to tell you the truth. Had em for over 6 years now

Jordy is still a fair way off from moving too - he can still only go from back to front, but can get up on his hands and is trying to bring knees up. Not quite properly sitting up yet either - almost though. And he LOVES standing, with my hands on either side of his chest to catch him if he starts tilting in any direction. I put him on the kitchen bench when jen is preparing his food and he just grins from ear to ear

Yikes on hubby Nickers - argh. Speaking of work, they look like wanting me back in the office Some people have been waffling on about it. THey'll get even less time out of me as I then have to get into the office, and come back at reasonable hours. So zero 7.30am logons and go through til whenever. There'll still be the roughly same breaks taken during the day when I hop on here etc. And looks like they wanna force us to take leave between xmas and new year unless your role is critical

I reckon that sortta leave should be only half time or something - they are forcing us to take it - not fair.

Now to yesterday... all was not toooo bad on the centre front, until Jen noticed that a number of toddlers were asleep in the normal awake area for the babies. A carer had a baby in her arms that started screaming and woke a couple of the toddlers. She put down the baby somewhere to tend to a toddler, so baby screamed even louder and woke more toddlers

Apparently this was a fill-in person and that "has never happened before". A few other little things upset her a bit too... The person in charge didn't see this happen as they were out at the time. Jen might do another trial period next week, we'll see. But she certainly was crying on the phone to me about it Oh and the battery thing has been sorted now

Back to work now

Hi Everyone

SS...I have mine but DP says I can't open it yet I haven't sent mine yet but will very soon

Jacci... Did you get my email? Yay on charlie syaing mum and cheering for you! how cute. Abbey still doesn't say anything recognisable.

Abs.. Sorry to hear about the daycare, it might be worth trying somewhere else if you are not comfortable. How did Jordy go though?

Nickers..your poor DH, hope he can get some decent sleep.

Mitch..great that everything is settling down.

Shell...Yay on holly crawling properly!

Abbey had the most restless night last night. But at least she isn't grumpy today.

Hi there.

Amanda - I am sending your thing of today. Charlie had a shocking night last night too - must of been a full moon!!! hehe

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Abs sounds like Jordy and Charlie are pretty much on the same path! C can't sit too well on his own either, can only get on elbows or knees/tippy toes but not both together, has only cut one tooth (with more starting by the looks of it) and is a baldy boy! But he loves his own voice, can say dadada and mumumum and babababa and yeah yeah. He can roll all over creation and most definitely loves his food too!

I haven't received my SS pressie yet but have mailed mine!

Well i managed to get into the drs yesterday but the only one avail was a guy anywway I went in and you know what he told me OMG "Im a man so I can't say I have ever experienced this so I'm not really sure but here are some antibiotics if they don't work then come bac" $50 later thank you very much! So then I decided what a doof and I went to the clinic it was open clinic but it was after 4pm so I was pushing it anyway there was one lady left and she helped I ended up having to give Declan a quick feed but most of the lumps went I have to just give him a quick feed every time I feel lumps starting on the side with the biggest lump first she told me not to take the antibitoics just take panadol unless I start getting the shakes and feeling sick, though I told her how I weened him and I hadn't feed him for over a week and she thought it was strange that I was still producing so much milk and kept asking are u sure ur not pregnant so now I have to go do a test DH said will be getting a divorce if I am and want to keep it (he didn't mean that but great support he is hey!) anyway so Ill be doing a test sometime I am like 98% sure that I am not! Other thing is I have to try and avoid anything sugary which is going to be hard for me as I love my coke but that could be another reason been having to much sugar which stimulates everything. Also if I have to feed him just not to do it at night as that will stimulate things more than during the day as the let down is a lot more! So there you go!

That's good news Bec.

WTG Charlie & Jordy. Sush did u say Charlie can say 'yeah yeah', hehe.

The growling certainly is cute & funny huh Mitch. Sounds good, they do say that bubs can pick up on our moods.

Abs, hope u get the childcare situation sorted.

Hope its just fake coughing Nickers, Holly does it sometimes & I've heard other bubs in mums group do same.
    Hope ur hubby can sleep on the plane Nickers.

Hope tonight's better Jacci & Amanda.

Hehehe Jacci, that's funny, men huh! Yeah I'm gonna get hubby to install a new double phone point higher up the wall instead of the old crappy one on the skirting board.

abs Guest

Sushee - Jordy is no way a baldy - he has a full head of bewdiful blonde hair.. I uploaded some new pics last night (dated 20/10 and 23/11)

And he was fine with the daycare, was more Jen. The head honcho rang today and apologised, hence the 2nd trial day next week

Bath time... gotta go (she doesn't know I'm on here at the moment)

abs - I'm glad the lady rang and appologised - hope it goes better next week.

Beccy - oooh! i think my DH would claim divorce too - hehehe - I amazed she did't tell you to take Keflex to get rid of it - you can still BF on Keflex.

I have sent my SS present!!! I hope it doesn't get lost coz it doesn't have a return address - heheeh

Abs - I was just looking at your www. Jordy looks like you but has Jen's sensational eyes!

I just saw the pics and maybe it's coz he's blonde but he looks like he has hardly any hair, abs! Lol!

Oh okay I just saw another one, and it's fine but there's quite a lot. In fact C probably has about that much too, but it's light brown, so you can't really see it either against his olive skin.

Sush - charlie is the same - he looks bald but up close he has heaps of hair but its really really blonde - looks like he has not much eyebrows either. Your charlie has the most beautiful olive skin!

Also Sush - I just realised that your sons name is really Charles.
    I just looked at your photo album. When did you meet up with all BB people

Thanks Jac!

I'm glad he isn't super fair like his dad, who was platinum blonde until he was 16, but also nice that he's not as dark as me. I like to think he got the best of both of us!

Am a little worried though on how he's going to go with the humidity in Singapore when we go next Sat. How is everyone coping with the heat?

ETA the BB meet was about 2 months ago I think? And yeah, he's also a 'Charles"! But I only call him that when he's in trouble!
    Last edited by sushee; November 24th, 2006 at 05:16 PM.

Sush - awesome your off to Signapore - that would be unreal - Charlie isn't really a big fan of the heat - but when we were in darwin a few months ago he was really good.
    Does Charlie have to have any shots before you go over there? Just because he is so young?

Apparently not. I asked but my Dr reckons he should be good. Just to keep a mozzie net over him if we visit the zoo etc. I'm more worried about the food! I'm packing a few (like 20!) bottles of Heinz but will have to find something there too. It's one of the first things I intend to do when I get in!

abs Guest

ta for the thought re the daycare lady ringing... later Jen said she contradicted herself on the batteries, so is still suss. Anyway will see next week

And we haven't really applied anywhere else. This place location wise could suit us. I have to virtually drive past it to and from the office, and if they want me back there (at least part time), then I can do that

Have fun in Singapore Sushee. I've never been there. We are going away to the Hunter Valley (Maitland) for 4 nights in 2 weeks time. Hospitality Industry Rates rock - basically a 25% discount

Hehe remember me asking about other babies and eyebrows a while back. Jordy's are certainly very faint. And we agree Jordy has Jen's eyes but my face. He also has my eyelashes, which Jen reckons are very long (and she loves em).

hmmm Abs are you HINTING something there with SS!!! i am home now, got home this arvo. No SS present yet so if anyone was waiting for me to be home Im Home! Ive sent mine.
    Nixon has very light eyebrows like Jordy Abs, his hair is fair too but still dont have very much of it. going to upload some pics of our trip shortly.

well im a little concerned re Nixon's cough. Its got a lot deeper just today and been couging more. he was couging more on the plane then again tonight.
    for the first time EVER he hasnt been finishing his bottles. 2nd feed was a bf and really didnt think i had much or he got much so gave him a bottle but he didnt even attempt to have any, then this arvo had a bottle and he left 50ml and tonights bottle he left
    110ml.
    so i took his temp. 1st 37.5 2nd 37.8 3rd 37.6
    he felt ok but when putting him to bed his face felt quiet hot did temps again and got 38.5 then 38.9 then 38.8
    so i have given him some panadol, was wondering at what temp does it become a concern and should go to medical centre or hospital??
    Nixon has never been sick yet (i know pretty lucky to have escaped it this far) so i really dont know what to do or how he acts. he coughs in his sleep every now and then.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast