Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #14

Default Babies Born April 2006 #14

This thread is for parents who's baby was born in April 2006.

Your moderators for this forum are as follows-
    Christy - [email protected] ~ Senior Moderator
    Astrolady - [email protected] ~ Administrator
    Sherie - [email protected]
    Lea13 - [email protected]

There are many issues that you will encounter as a new parent. We have put together this list of useful articles and threads in order to assist you with some common questions or issues you may have, and to provide you with bit of extra support that we all need as new parents:

Feeding Support:

Breastfeeding General Chatter
    Breastfeeding FAQ's
    Is My Baby Hungry?
    Bottlefeeding FAQ's and Useful Information
    Is Feeding Your Baby Taking Too Much Time?
    Bottlefeeding General Chatter
    Feeding Your Baby
    Lactose Intolerance
    Starting Solids/Homemade Baby Food
    Starting Solids - When Is My Baby Ready?
    Starting Solids General Chatter

Please contact the Australian Breastfeeding Association (ABA) or a Lactation Consultant if you are concerned that you may have breastfeeding and/or supply problems, and before the introduction of solids.

Sleeping Support:

Comforted Sleeping & Sleep Issues Forum
    Comforting Tools to Aid Restful Sleep
    Babies & Sleep
    Controlled Crying/Comforting/Sleep Training
    The Con of Controlled Crying
    The Crying Game
    15 Ways To Help Your Baby Sleep

Other Useful Information & Recommended Reading:

Baby Massage
    Cuddle Me Mum
    Infant-led Feeding & Weaning
    Baby Wearing
    Recommended Reading List

Got questions?

Post your questions in the forums mentioned above, or in the following forums where you're sure to receive many friendly responses!

General Baby & Toddler Forum
    Breastfeeding, Bottlefeeding and Solids
    Gentle Parenting Forum

Last edited by Trillian; January 5th, 2007 at 09:21 AM.

Your previous thread is HERE

Hey guys... i will join the WL group!!!!!... I need the motivation to avoid choccies 7 snacking LOL.....

Email me on [email protected]

I need to get back into my old pants!!!!!

Good Afternoon.

Just had Gavin's Grandparents over for lunch before they go back to melbourne - they hadn't seen our house yet so they came for a look - so that was nice.

We now have Jacci, Lisa, Nicers, Bel, Susan, Abs & Mitch in our weight loss group - Any one else want to join in then just email me your weight tomorrow coz thats D Day!!!

Nickers - good work on going to gym - i went down there this morning but they had canceled the class because of the holidays so Gav and i went for a walk for 2 hours - was 30 degrees - bloody hot!

Abs - Awesome about Jordy taking the little steps!! maybe he will walk first!

Funny how the babies are getting there voices! - charlie was just screaming before it was soo loud! but he wasn't sad he was laughing at how loud he could be! little bugger.

Anyway of to lie on the couch and watch the cricket while Charlie is having a sleep - we have to go out for tea tonight and then were going to catch squid ( calamari ) of the warfe tonight - its fun you take a torch and you can see them swimming - gav sister went last night ( there home from darwin for a week) and they caught 3 but just as they got there 4th on a big seal jumped up and got it - scared the crap out of them coz they had there legs dangling over the wharf and they thought it was a shark!

abs Guest

I'm gonna try and get Jen to come for a daily walk with me for some exercise. Though she has just taken him for a walk as I was pulling in - had some errands to run... all about timing it so we both wanna go at the same time

So how does this Tony F diet work - how are you supposed to get the energy etc if you cut out cards ?? I can't drink shakes of any kind... I just gag on em - no idea why or if its psychological or what, I just do

Abs - I also can't do the subsidising of food!! - i just don't feel like i have eaten if i just drink a shake! plus then i worry about if i will put it on later when i finish the diet. I would like to learn just how to eat properly. I wonder why you do gag?

Jacci... can you send me an email as I think i have your work one only!!!!!

Abs - Jordy has so much more hair than you - hehehehehe

Hahah Jacci, screaming, sounds like fun. Yeah Holly used to growl too, still does every now & then & 'tis so cute. Holly cow that woulda been scary, hehe, woulda been funny if someone had a video camera.

Wow Abs, clever Jordy.

WTG Sooz, that's a great effort. My sis was on the Tony Ferg diet just b4 xmas & was loosing the weight (she wants to loose 20-30), id say she's back on it again now. No carbs would be my biggest killer, i love my porridge/wheatbix, bread, potatoes, etc.

Bel & Theresa, hope u catch up on that sleep.

Can't remember what else I was going to write, doh.

I must of missed the weight loss support part of the thread whilst I have been MIA but I am keen Jacci can you email me what the go is [email protected]

As for us Declan is going to the Drs tomorrow with a suspected ear infection he has been pulling at his ears and shaking his head alot plus sleeping even worse than normal OMG every 30 mins for 5 hrs last night up for 2 hrs and then down for 3 up for 20mins then back for an hour what a night mare PLEASE sleep better tonight!!!!!!!!

Declan is up to no good all the time these days he crawls to the the TV then to the heater then to the oven naughty boy and this morning when I was in the shower I pul him in his walker as per normal and close the bathroom door he has toys and things to play with on his walker anyhow Im in the shower and I look at him and he has pulled open my draw and throwing the contents onto the floor grrr naughty man!

KelliC Guest

Hello everyone,

Jacci, if I haven't missed it, can you also email me the weightloss info [email protected], I have lot 8 kgs in 3 months but that's with going to the gym 4-5 days per week, personal trainer once a week and cutting out dairy and minimum carbs. I still have about 7 to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight.

Becky, I do hope Declan is ok and the little man isn't suffering too much, it's horrible when they are unwell! Olivia has also become mischevious getting into whatver is in reach.

Abs, great idea on trying to walk with Jen, I find I have so much more motivation if Noel comes with me, although I have learnt to push myself pver the last couple of months as I really need to lose weight for me! Yeah on Jordy taking those steps, you must be a very proud dad!

Shell, I hope you're feeling ok!

Hello to everyone else.

Kelli
    X

Hi Everyone,

You guys are putting me to shame with all the exercise and weightloss. I won't join in the challenge cause i know i will lose lol. I am back to my pre pg weight but I needed to lose about 5-10kg then, I just don't have the motivation yet. Good Luck to you all though and i'll be cheering you on!

Kelli..When are we going to get to see some updated pics of Olivia? I tried to go to your site but it has expired.

Becky.. Hope declan feels better soon, and I hope you get some better sleep tonight.

Shell..are you already getting pg brain lol

Jacci... I was going to say that about jordy's hair too lol

Theresa.. I hope the girls start sleeping better for you.. Hpw are they going food wise?

I can't remember what was in the old thread, we are getting back to our chatterbox days lol

We are doing good, have had MIL here for the last week... won't go in to it but OMG it will be good to see her leave tomorrow lol

Abbey has started walking more around the furniture, she can cruise around the whole loungeroom by walking now, i'm starting to get scared that she will be walking soon.

Quick Qst: How do you guys tell your bubs "no"?..abbey just laughs at me if i say no, but if I say ah ah she will usually stop. Other times she completely ignores me and I have to move her myself.

talk soon

Jacci - if you could have a look for that shirt for me that would be fantastic - a 0 or 1 would be great. Let me know how much it is & I'll send you the $$ (if you can find the shirt)

Saying No - Josiah is very good with stopping when we tell him no, but he also has a very cheeky grin that he flashes at us before going back for round 2! I think just use whatever works for you, but be consistent with it or they'll know you're not serious about it. They are just starting to learn, and having to pick them up and move them is just part of their learning.

Becky - hope Declan gets better soon & the ear infection doesn't get too bad.

Morning All.

Charlie woke at 6.20 am - i think i am going to die!! - I am going to write this then take him for a walk so gav can sleep in.

Saying no - If i say no to charlie then he laughs at me so now i just say "charlie Francis" in my angry voice and he gets the i'm going to cry face happening!..

Anyway best go for a walk i'll write in after that

Weghtloss People - Please email me your starting weight today. (if you haven't already done so) thanks

Jac

abs Guest

email sent Jac - and pfft on the hair... well I do do a #1 on myself every now and then (actually due to do another). Whereas Jordy hasn't had a haircut at all yet... Hmmm, wonder what Jen would say if I did a #1 on him but I couldn't cut his golden locks off even if I wanted, it is just soooo beautiful

Apparently mine was like that when younger too... At my 20yr school reunion a couple of years ago all the girls were like what happened to your thick blonde curls. Must admit, I did have a good head of hair back then, and both my brothers have more scalp showing than me

Jordy has the hair colour from me, but its pretty well known that the hairline comes down the mothers side. Since Jen is adopted we don't know what that'd be like. So those of you with boys, hows the hairline of your brothers ?? If any of them are balding etc, guess what !

We've barely had to use the no yet, so we'll see when the time comes. Guess it must be hard when they pull the smiles and things looking soooo cute etc

Anyway, gotta run

Abs - Its funny coz i also knew that boys get the hair line of there mother. But Charlie has 2 cows licks and a double crown exactly the same as Gav does - so i will have to wait and see what happens - no baldness in my family

Hi everyone,

Jacci - I have sent my biggest looser weigh-in email!!

Abs - I don't have any brothers and haven't seen my Dad for years, but by the loooks of it Tyron is going to have hair like his Dad, he has a cow lick like Daddy does!!! My DH also has a shorter joint on his thumb, makes the end part shorter, looks like Tyron has those, so for something that wasan't supposeldy genetic it has come through!!!

Saying no - I try not to do it, so he doesn't say it back to me, also I try not to use the word b*m as I don't want him saying it later on, I have come up with this word instead that he wont be able to say for years as it is too long,,, I am weird I know!!!

Becky - I hope Declan is better, being sick at any age is yuk, but even worse when you are so little!!!

Bel - you will have to put a photo up of the outfit Jacci sent you!

Okay, I can't remember what else I was going to say, so better get back to work!

Jac - sent you an email re BL too! Good luck everyone

Abs - Tony Ferg works by cutting out all the carbs (you arent allowed anything with over 5g per 100g of carbs) You have a morning shake with a vitamin and a lucnh one with a appetite suppressant and for dinner you have a palm sized piece of protein and at least 3 cups of salad or vege's. You can have as much diet jelly as you like and you must drink 2L of water a day. I started doing it this way and it's really changed my snacking habbits so now I have the willpower to go it on my own (ie no shakes but sticking to the less than 5g/100g) I am still losing the same amount (if not more) as I was on the shakes and it's costing heaps less!

As for saying NO, I am constantly doing it - Amber is so adventurous, if it's not the playstation, it's pulling herself up on the tv or pullign the dogs tail! Crazy girl - she's not scared of anything!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast