Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #15

Charlie says Thanks for the 9 months

Well Charlie had a shocker of a night - actually last 2 or 3 nights! He has woken up at 4.30 both days and just wanted to talk to me! Not happy Jan! I think he might be getting some omre teeth also as he has had fairly runny poos! I will have to see how he goes tonight!

Mitch - I did a dream feed last night - made no difference though he still woke up at 4.30..

Abs - Charlie has his first day in care tomorrow! well he is only going to the creche at the gym for 2 hours while i do a few classes - but i have never put him in care before so we'll see how i go!

nickers - Did you try attack? Do you put Nixon into Creche when you go there? Does he like it??

Going to take charlie in for a weigh and mesure tonight! - He looks like he has still lost a bit of weight. Hope everyone is going good!

Jac

abs Guest

Oh forgot to say earlier he has started with Mum Mum Mum now - Jen just melts.

Hmm 2hrs to the dot, Jordy went to bed and straight to sleep at 12, now its right on 2pm and he wakes

And he's also now trying to stand without hanging on to anything. He can stay upright for 3 or 4 secs before he drops or grabs onto something

Mitch Jordy will pass out in our arms he we try and keep him up past about 7 maybe 7.15. Staying up til 8 or 8.30 would be impossible. He's had a few wakes of late right out of time character, but I can usually get him back to sleep with my singing of the alphabet to the Twinkle Twinkle Little Star 10min version we have on CD. Might take me 10-12 repetitions of the alphabet but he does eventually go, and it is only every now and then

Good luck with the care tomorrow Jac. Jen is starting his swimming lessons shortly. Mondays at midday - we'll miss the first one as we'll be away (over the Aus day weekend). Jen can't wait - as she hasn't been for a swim for ages and ages

Hi Everyone,

We are so hectic here trying to organise all the bank stuff, solicitor stuff etc etc. Plus we went to Melbourne for the weekend for the state final, and one of our players won!! Yay and we also got second too. So it was a great weekend. But now we have to catch up on everything.

AF showed up today, which is good but means my cycles are still out of whack (it was day 41) started using FF but I am not temping just keeping track of my cycles.

Happy 9 months to all the babies lol

Abs.. Abbey tries to stand by herself too..its so cute

Jacci.. Hope charlie sleeps for you tonight.

Routine... We don't have one whatsoever. We are never at the same place at the same time, abbey sleeps when she can and we feed her when we can and just go with the flow. Hopefully it will all settle down a bit once we have moved and we can get working on it.

Abbey slept for 7.5 hours in a cot while we were away...it was so nice to sleep by myself and not get woken. The second night was horrendous though and she wouldn't sleep guess we will keep trying and hoping.

HAve to go but will be back later to do more personals.

Hi everyone,

Well Nixon has cut tooth 5 & 6 now, the two top ones next to his middle ones. so probably why he has been a rascal to get to bed last week!

Nixon had a hearing test today, just a follow up because he had a few risk factors (prematurity, time in Nicu, was vetillated, jaundice & dh born with some hearing loss) But she said he did really well. she used a different pitched sound then normal for that test as he wasnt really reacting to it but she wasnt overly concerned. he will probably have anther test in 12months and then again at about 3.5yrs.

jacci- i didnt end up doing attack last friday cause i forgot my premmie playgroup started back up. Nixon has gone in the chrech a couple of times now and has been fine, he usually has some floor time and time in his pram, last week he was alseep when i was ready to pick him up!

nickers - coz charlie spent time at the Royal Womens in the NICU he had to have a hearing test too - first time he was asleep but second one at 6 months he had to be hungry and really tired - then i had to feed him and get him to lie there for 15 minutes - wasn't very good!

oh really, that would have been difficult!
    There wasnt any requirments for Nixon's status but i booked the appoint thinking he will have had his morning nap, and ofcourse he didnt sleep today till about 1.20pm and we had to leave at 1.45pm... he stayed asleep getting in and out of the car and for about 10min in the pram until i ahd to wake him to start the test.
    so did they say he had to have any follow ups down the track?

Hey, had a call from my sister this arvo all excited! She sent kelly through some pics and her details re that advertising agency that was looking for a 7-8month old. Anyway the agency rang her this arvo and Alyssa has a photo shoot tomorrow at 10am! If she is succesful the shoot is on Friday or Saturday. Fingers crossed for Alyssa!! I think there are 3 other BB babies that might have gotten a call back so hopefully one of them gets the add.
    Its for a St George bank add and there will be 2 babies in it.

nickers - awesome about your sister! can't wait till the add comes out now!

abs Guest

Does St George operate in Victoria ?? Well done Nickers... keep us informed of what happens with her.. we'll keep an eye out for it when it finally shows (who knows when that'll be)

Well just put up two items on eBay - the Fisher Price swing and the Bumbo we have. Hope we get an okay price for em (well the Bumbo was given to us, but the swing was over $200)

my sister is In Sydney Abs.
    dunno cant say ive ever noticed a St George bank in melbourne though??
    she forward me what the ad is about, it says it will be length release 12months with 24month roll over, whatever the heck that means!
    it is two kids one in a cot (wearing a red jumpsuit) sucking on its dummy happily, then the other kid in the cot doesnt have a dummy and is crying, the dummy baby takes it dummy out and gives it to the other baby and holds its hand, then it goes onto something similar in the bank, basically their slogan is good with people, good with money!

hope ur stuff sells. what sort of swing was it for $200!

Oh good luck with day care Jacci, Charlie will get used to it b4 u know it.

Congrats Amanda, that's great, wow ur havin lots of good news aren't u.

That's really good news Nickers. Wow, sleepin in & out car, Holly rarely does that, sometimes out, when get home from dinner at MIL's, but she opens her eyes then goes straight back to sleep when in her cot. Oooh how exciting with the ad.

Yeah happy 9mths Charlie & Georgie.
    And xlnt on finding out what works with feeding Georgie too Theresa.

Oh Abs, DH & I have been wanting to do an aquarium day for a while now, but never get around to it, one day, hehe. Oh that's lovely Jordy sayin Mum.

Bel, you sound like u need a break, hope ur not workin too hard.

Wow, my gosh, 4 teeth in 2wks, Holly's 7th tooth has cut & the 8th is cutting, so 4 top & 4 bottom & she's been sooo good, touch wood. They say u normally get one good sleeper/teether & one opposite, good luck to me for #2, hehe.

Wow... lots of these wee rascals have a heap of teeth.... Alexa only has her 2 bottom ones through sofar, but 4 more bottom ones are moving (incl 2 molars!!!!)... but she is the worst when teething!!!!!

ok i have to tekk you my totally bizzare dream last night......
    had a dream that i was at a school or something similar and there was a long post that the school posts messages on, there was this long message about how they think two babies were mixed up at birth and there was a pic of each baby with their name photo and mothers names..... It was Charlie (Jacci) and Holly!! LOL how i earth does my brain condure up this stuff i do not know but i always have far out dreams that i remember vividly! I was thinking OMG i know both of those babies how am i going to break the news to them!!

PMSL Nickers.

Oh poor Alexa, those Molars must hurt too.

abs Guest

I know I have some weird dreams too Nickers, but I very rarely remember anything bar that I had one - that is funny !!

The swing was one of the Fischer Price Aquarium Swings - not the cradle ones, but can go forward-backwards and from side to side. Was a godsend for sending him off to sleep when younger

Amanda, I saw the comment about the competition, what was the event ?? Congrats by the way from us as well.

We have the open door at the day care centre in half an hour... Jen is looking forward to it (for some reason). Just gotta wait for his highness to wake up. I think he might be doing a double, so maybe another halfhour or so of sleep

Hope everyone is well

Morning all

I forgot to say that Abbey now has 8 teeth too. She cut it on friday. There are nor all completely through but are all there, and gee she can bite hard.

Abs.. It was the Australian Poker League State final. We own one of the franchises, so had a lot of our players in it. It was great fun and great to come home with 1st and 2nd. Good luck at the open day.

Nickers.. Yay about the ad. It sounds really cute. How funny about your dream. I have really vivid ones too and if they are about normalish stuff i find it hard to tell if they are true or not lol

Shell.. hehe about number 2 being the opposite of holly.. I get told that since Abbey is so good, the next one will be bad. Lets hope not!

Well I went to Step and then Pump this morning while charlie was in Daycare - he didn't even care that i had left! he didn't sleep the whole time he was too busy watching the other kids - The lady said he was very well behaved - but they lost his dummy - so io had to go buy one - but doesn't matter.

Nickers - I wonder if they really weer switched at birth!!!! maybe you are trying to tell us something - hehehehe - i can never remember my dreams!

Abs - Good Luck on the open day..

Charlie had his little girlfriend around yesterday for a play - I just realised how rough my little boy is!

Charlie has thrush all round his doodle - poor thing - i went to the chemist today and got some canastan cream - so hopefully that will clear it up!

Sleep - luckily he slept all the way thru last night from 8.30 to 7am Gav and i both went to bed and were asleep by 9pm - it was still light outside!

OMG... DH just got a call from the hospital... it appears that the Dr that xrayed his shoulder misdiagnosed it & he actually has a dislocated shoulder & not just a sprained tendon.... (he fell off my motorbike last week)....

So now I am hoping like mad that he hasnt done major damage & needs operated on have to have a few months off work!!!!!

I so dont need the extra stress & drama

Well I am starting back at fulltime work in Feb! Charlie is going to be in care 3 1/2 days a week! eeehhh!!! I'm sure he'll be fine - he will be in 9 -4 - I am a bit stressed about it but we really need the money if we want to have another baby in the next few years - just so we can get ahead.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast