Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Babies Born April 2006 #15

abs Guest

well done Amanda and your team!

Mitch, yikes, hope he is okay. Keep us informed - what a clutz, both he and the doc

Jac, hope Charlie is okay - how does that happen ? And whilst I'm sure you'll be stressed, am sure you'll be fine fairly soon once you realise he's doing fine there...

We went to the open day, 2 others from our PG were there at the same time as us. One is booked in, the other came to have a look - she has her son booked into somewhere else but lke Jen with our other place, there's just something that irks her. Only prob her son isn't even on the list at the moment at this place.

They are still waiting to open - damn paperwork is driving everyone mad and just having gone through the xmas period everything has slowed down in processing... The other mum is hoping to return to work sooner rather than later and if they push the opening back any further is gonna be in real trouble - though I think her mum is coming down from Brissie so might be able to help for a week or two

The delay is also stressing Jen - her "employee"/subcontractor/marketing person in Brissie resigned this morning (giving 6 weeks) so thats now stressing Jen too... leaving her in the lurch in trying to fill our advertising spots on her website

And now someone has learnt to stand in his cot. Well not quite due to being in the sleeping bag thing so his feet get caught and keeps bumping his head against the side of the cot - aarrggghhhh

abs - have to laugh at Jordy standing up in his sleeping bag - i now can't put charliei n the sleeping bag coz he stands up then gets all twisted in there.
    Hope Jen can fill her spot soon! and doesn't have to stress too much!

Well I just went and had alook at one of the childcare centres and i just don't like it - i don't know why coz while i was looking at it charlie played with the other kids and he loved it - but it was just the whole sleeping arangements and the other stuff. I just don't know - i really need to weigh up wether it is worth taking home and extra $100 per week to not see my child - god why is this so hard!

gosh its hot....we have evap cooling but shut some of the rooms off that didnt need to be cooled, this room being one of them so gotta get out of here!
    i went to step today too Jacci, but didnt do pump after it, ur way to keen lol!
    i cant find nixon's sleeping bag anywhere... dunno what i have done with it, but wish i could find it so maybe he will stop rolling in his cot and wanting to be turned back over.
    mitch- ouch i hope ur dh is ok, silly doctor though...

Nickers - I have a summer sleeping bag here that charlie has grown out of if you want me to send it to you. he stands up too much to wear it now anyway

Mitch - hope DH is ok and doesn't need any op!

It is really hot here too - i have closed all the blinds - so its not too bad in our house - no evap cooling though (lucky people who have it!!!) just a fan.

abs Guest

The bag doesnt stop Jordy from rolling. About all it does is stop him from sticking his feet out the side of the cot and thus "trapping" his legs when he wants to move or turn

You melbournians etc can keep that heat. Nice mid 20's here in Sydney today... very pleasant, just wait Nickers

what size is it jacci?
    how is Charlie's thrush? how did u know thats what it was?

nickers - I have loaded a picture of the sleeping bag on charlies www. It goes up to a size one - it is really loong so you would get a bit of use out of it. plus great for when your out about coz the seat belt goes thru it so you don't have to take them out if. When i bought it the lady said just to put a nappy and singlet under neath it.
    I took Charlie to the MCHN to get it checked out and she told me it was thrush.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Charlie sleeping bag doesn't stop him from rolling or standing either, nickers! Lol! Just wanted to warn you!

Mitch I hope your DH is ok!

happy 9mths ti everyone who has reached it!

been mia lately so busy with my AVON and trying to keep this house clean and trying to start my mortgage broking business!

I gotta go Im not even dressed yet and it is nearly 10am omg Im hopeless will catch up soon just wanted to say hi!

becky i only just finished getting dressed just now so your not the only one!
    i'll check it out jacci about to head off for a bit.
    i do or did have a sleeping bag for Nixon but ive looked everywhere for it and dont know where it got to, it had the sleeping bag hole through it also which i found great if we went out at night just put him in it before we were leaving then straight to bed.

abs Guest

well it's 11.30 and I haven't had a shower yet - we were up soo many times overnight. Since he can now stand in his cot, he wakes and gets up rather than staying down and going back to sleep

So I was up again at 6.30 waiting for him to go back to sleep.... he eventually did but I was awake and didnt wanna shower then and wake Jen etc up

Oh and he slept til 8.45 ! Jen did too - she felt a million times better with that sleep in

abs - to stop charlie from standing up at night i tuck him in fairly tight and then get 2 towels and push them down inbetween the matress and the cot sides - that way he can't wriggle out of his sheets - works great for me - he has been standing up in his cot for over a month now and i have just wrked this out!

Jacci... does that stop him pulling the sheets out???... might have to try that with my wee monster...

Mitch - he tries to roll and if that doesn't work he tries to push the sheets down with his hads and crawl out - hasn't been able to escape yet!

Will deffinatley try that then... Alexa kicks her legs like mad till she kicks them right off!!!!!! little monkey...

mind you she thrashes her arms & legs around to stop herself going to sleep!!!!!

hmm may have to try it to Jacci,but not sure i know exactley what u mean that u do?? nixon always kicks his legs up and down till the sheets are off. They turn in the cot (well nixon does) by rolling onto his side then he pushes with his feet off the side of the cot, after a few goes of that he will be facing the other way. Then he will decide to roll and carry on!
    Ohh remember when we used to wrap them tightly, put them down and they'd be in the exact same position after a good nights sleep!

did the dummest thing today. I had a 2hr pamper package which iw as using from my bday in August. well i forgot about it till half an hr after i was suppose to be there and i was out with Nixon... doh.... Dh was gonna have nixon (cause still off work this week) and take him to his paed appointment....
    made another booking for 3 weeks time but its on a sat now and i had to take Nixon to his paed appoint! Stupid me!!

nicers - i tuck charlies sheets in then i roll up a towel and push it inbetween the cot sides and the matress and then i do the same on the other side - coz towels aren't smooth like sheets - it causes friction and charlie can't get the sheets out no matter how much he kicks. Charlie is great when he is asleep its just getting him to go to sleep in his cot.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I'm thinking that won't work for my Charlie coz the only way he self settles is if he can roll all over his cot. He rolls around, finds a comfy possie then gets himself back to sleep. If I tuck him in tightly that won't work!

Mind you, he hasn't worked out how to pull himself to standing in the cot yet, just on furniture and mummy!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast